Zimmerman Advertising

www.zadv.com
Employer Engaged

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Current Employee - Art Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Art Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Once I arrived at Zimmerman, the biggest factor I knew I had chosen the right place was a simple phrase I heard just days after my hire from Jordan, the founder... he was walking around as he usually does and noticed some empty work stations and said "Get all these empty work stations ready and hire to fill the positions, we'll get the work!" I was so intrigued with his commitment to growth and immediately saw opportunities to advance. 14 years later, I've held different titles and I'm still here and...wouldn't have it any other way!

Cons

Don't really have anything negative to say. Would I like to make more money... OF COURSE!

Some type of monetary yearly bonus. Just lifts moral of employees and makes even the least employee vested in.

Great company to start off advertising career!

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

Amazing work environment, work/life balance, fun events, great HR team and support, good hours, learning opportunity, growth in field

Cons

salary (but again- the things you can learn here are invaluable, especially for people looking for entry-level career)

Great people and work environment; extremely difficult to get a raise and starting salaries are very low

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The work environment and the people are great. Mostly everyone is friendly and there are a lot of opportunities for collaboration and learning. The middle management does a very good job of connecting with employees; benefits are decent but not wonderful.

Cons

Starting salaries are low for the industry, and once hired, it is almost impossible to get a raise that is higher than 3-4%. Although there are great people, upper management has been out of reach and somewhat blind to the struggles of their employees, but there are promises of improvement. Young, inexperienced individuals are hired but not given enough training, so productivity is compromised. Benefits are ok, and health care is extremely expensive. The company does not provide ANY benefits for families, and encourage workers against adding their families and spouses to their insurance coverage.

Increase salaries on a merit basis and provide opportunities for growth. Provide more benefits to compensate employees for working 24/7 and doing their best to reach the ambitious goals set by the executives. Encourage training that is longer and more versatile so that employees can truly understand and reach out to other departments and we can all work together as a team.

National Level Clients & Work

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time

Pros

One of the great things about being at Zimmerman is the opportunity to work on national level accounts while being in Fort Lauderdale. There are almost no other places in the southeast that offer that kind of level of client. Despite the view of the agency from outside the wall of the company, the people here are energetic, excited and committed to doing great advertising.

Cons

It's very difficult to get rewarded for the efforts you put in. Salary increases have been small and I That's frustrating and disheartening. It brings down my opinion of the organization because I don't feel as if the company gives to me as much as I give to them. Often resources are thin as well. Not enough people available to handle the workload, especially since we work under very tight deadlines.

I know this company wants to be great and wants its employees to make it great -- and it can be if management leads by example and provides the resources necessary to get us there.

My experience has been very stress free.

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising

Pros

I have a fantastic boss, the builiding environment is excellent and the people within. The skeleton week during christmas is a great idea, I think more companies should do that.

Cons

The only thing for me indivually is my salary, just a tad more would suffice. I believe that when I started it was just a little silly. I don't think HR at the time, actually looked at my resume. Anyway one main thing I don't like is the turn around with staff. That has to change. Maybe it hass already, I'm not sure.

I've been here almost 5 years already and have seen a good change in the way Zimmerman's upper management conducts themselves. Today they are so much more in tune with their employees, simply put they are all nice people and care. With Michael Goldberg and his team implementing these quarterly meetings and even this review reminds me of the company I used to work for previously. Back in the 90's and some 2000's they were doing the same thing. An individual I believe should feel like they have some sense of ownership where he/she works, not just to do the job. That's how I felt working there. Unfortunately the leader at that time left to pursue his career and the company's Fort Lauderdale branch has closed down. I hope this management team stays for the long term.

I look forward to coming to work every day

Current Employee - Associate Creative Director
    Current Employee - Associate Creative Director

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Since I started here 10 years ago, I've moved up the ranks relatively quickly. Management noticed my contributions and promoted me accordingly. As far as salary, I can't complain, Zimmerman has been good to me and my compensation has nearly doubled since I started. I really enjoy what I do, and can't imagine going to work anywhere else.

Cons

Moving up fast in the company has also turned out to be bit of a con. I seemed to have reached the top of my position, and not sure where I can grow from here.

Great Place to Grow

Current Employee - Junior Art Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Junior Art Director in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There is a ton of opportunity to learn about the ins and outs of agency flow. It's a great place to start a career and hit the ground running as 80% of the employees are under the age of 35. And, the people you work with will become your best friends!

Cons

Unfortunately, salary is not an indication of the employee talent and most employees are not compensated fairly in comparison to other agencies in South Florida. Most employees come in and are expected to learn on the job with little, if any, training.

People are promoted from within but are not compensated fairly for promotions (3% - if you're lucky!). So, with the new title, people leave the agency to find better compensation. Therefore, Zimmerman is losing a lot of its talent.

The place to be in South Florida if advertising is your career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Name brand accounts that are national in scope. Focus is on retail advertising and getting consumers into stores or driving them online that day. Great new building that is collaborative and team building. Freestyle soda machine is nice plus.

Cons

While hours are not highly above "advertising standard" hours per day, the days are intense. Much is expected from assistants all the way through to EVPs. If you can contribute at the rev'd up pace, you succeed. If the speed of retail is not your style, this is not the place to work.

Madmen on Acid

Current Employee - Digital Client Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Digital Client Coordinator in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising (more than a year)

Pros

Lets just say if you could smoke at Zimmerman Advertising, it would be the show x10 - Never a dull moment around here. New York mentality "I need it yesterday" - Not for the weak, that for sure. LOVE my co-workers, I will take away friendships here that will stay with me for life. We always hang out in and outside of work. I have definitely learned alot being here for 15 months, but am anxious to learn more. I hope to move into a more leadership role with Digital soon. Great client interaction and Scott has always had an open door policy when it comes to issues, problems or just needing to talk. We shall see what the future holds for me

Cons

Long commute for me but I might move closer this year. I would have liked a better salary when starting, 24K seems a little low for the amount of work I do - I did get a bump this year, but if I would have started at my current salary, I would have been much happier - parking seems to be a bit unorganized, when it rains, I ususally wait 20 minutes for my car

More offsite events for employees, bonuses for lower level employees. I do like the management changes thus far, just a few more and youll have a perfect team :-)

Intense, New CEO, Let's See What Happens

I have been working at Zimmerman Advertising full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of fun activities, cool work environment, never a dull moment.

Cons

Entry level salary, demanding work environment, lots of constant change. It's hard to see clients come and go, would be nice to keep the existing ones and add new ones instead of losing some and replacing them with new accounts.

Increase entry level salaries, listen to your employees. Let's see what the new CEO can do.

Zimmerman Advertising Photos