Zions Bancorporation

Zions Bancorporation Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Zions Bancorporation Chairman, President, and CEO; Chairman, Zions First National Bank; Chairman, President, and CEO, Zions Management Services Harris H. Simmons

Harris H. Simmons

Pros:
  • "There was a great work/life balance for employees for the most part"
    in 7 reviews
  • "The TOPS organization as a whole has great people"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Oh, and did I mention the benefits are horrible"
    in 6 reviews
  • "Benefits leave much to be desired (only high-deductible health plans offered)"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work!

Call Center Representative (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI enjoyed working here because they notice your strengths and put me in positions that directly related to those. They are team oriented and want everyone to succeed.

ConsIt's a call center...if you don't mind taking a lot of calls it is a great place to work.

A career company!

Business Intelligence Developer (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsLots of job opportunities and a variety of technologies to learn. Competitive wages. Great people to work with. Work from home 1-2 days a week.

ConsBenefits, especially health benefits are poor and are on the very low end of the "benefit" spectrum!

Advice to Senior ManagementStop mimicking the rhetoric and do something about health care benefits and improving them. The employees have spoken, LISTEN to what they have to say!

The worst experience in my entire banking career

Business Banker (Former Employee)

ProsLots of training for new employees .

ConsI have always worked for big banks. In my last year before contemplating retirement from the banking industry I joined California Bank and Trust. Terrible choice. I was recruited for almost a year by a CB&T employee. I had my reservations about the company business model and what a mistake it was. This bank's product line is extremely weak, no name recognition, technology is way behind, credit underwriting is horrible, they do not understand risk, they put client to the worst and painful experience when they ask for credit (I understand the credit model changes after the 2008 crisis)etc. My Wells Fargo customers did not want to change because they did not know anything about California Bank and Trust. My advice to anyone wanting to go from Big Banks to Small Community Banks, please stick with the big banks. California Bank & Trust is not a customer and relationship driven bank, it is about selling widgets, just like the big banks. However, with the big banks you have a name behind . Compensation is OK, benefits suck, so for that stay with the big boys . This bank is trying to play major league when they are not even ready for little league .

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen are you selling this joint?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work, but beware if placed under a different manager...

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat people overall. There was a great work/life balance for employees for the most part.

ConsIf you have an issue with a manager, and go to their manager or HR, they may collude to get you out, rather than help with the problem. Some of the management seemed to let the newly attained power go to their heads.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe careful or many of the best employees might get pushed out due to these petty ego issues.

Slow moving but open to change...

ProsWork life balance
    High diligence decision making

ConsSometimes too long to make decisions
    Scared of making innovative moves in the market

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so old school or you might be old news.

A great place to make a career

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsA good place to work that will allow you to make the best you if you strive for it.

ConsThe health benefits cost is minimal, but you get a high deductible plan.

financial analyst

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

Prosgood bank to work for

Conskind of hard to park

Great people, opportunities to grow, but you have to make your own "work-life" balance

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe people I worked with were wonderful, including management. Training was always available if you asked for it--often focused on "growth" areas rather than "how to do my job right now." You can move up through the ranks if you are focused and have a plan in mind.

ConsBenefits are terrible--you pay a lot for is essentially catastrophic coverage only. Salaries are on the low end of average.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor such a large company, they could do a better job of providing some work/life benefits--subsidized child care, gyms, subsidized cafeterias, etc.

Great Company & Great People

Group Manager (Current Employee)
    West Valley City, UT

ProsManagement cares about employees and employees care about customers

ConsBenefits, but the world we live in has bad benefits all around. They are comparable to most companies.

Decent experience with limited mobility

SBA Loan Specialist (Current Employee)
    West Valley City, UT

Pros401k is great, nice people, decent work environment, good learning opportunities and helpful peers

ConsVery limited mobility, little promotion from within, poor health benefits and work can get monotonous

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote more from within, make more cross-training opportunities

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worked for Zions Bancorporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zions Bancorporation reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zions Bancorporation CEO Harris H. Simmons. All 77 reviews posted anonymously by Zions Bancorporation employees.