Zions Bank
www.zionsbank.com Salt Lake City, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Zions Bank Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014
Zions Bank – Salt Lake City – “This is the Zions Bank and Zions Bancorp…”

Zions Bank President & CEO A. Scott Anderson

A. Scott Anderson

Pros:
  • "Lot of good people but several of the executive officers are incompetent"
    in 4 reviews
  • "Great place if you want to be well known in the community and enjoy local events"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "Health insurance is quite weak compared to other employers that I've worked for"
    in 3 reviews
  • "All of the medical benefits are high deductible plans, which a lot of employees don't fully agree with"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Product Manager

Product Manager (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFlexible work schedule and hours, bank holidays, and competitive pay. I'm on a well-assembled team who really enjoy working together, that really makes all the difference. Extremely competent executive management.

ConsHealth insurance is quite weak compared to other employers that I've worked for. Like most companies, there can be a good amount of political back-biting that goes on, but you just need to tell yourself to rise above it.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage greater cohesiveness and collaboration within and between departments. Zions has some greater competitive advantages in its footprint that can lead to some great growth in the future.

Best Regional Bank in the West

Financial Representative (Former Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsEmployers really care about the success of their employees. Great structure and family like work environment. They take care of you.

ConsLack of monetary compensation for exceptional work.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to help your employees progress and grow.

Benefits

ProsEnjoy my job very much and the atmosphere is very good.

ConsTheir health care benefits are one of the worst in any industry. They are definitely the worst our family has ever had. We are extremely shocked by this and very disappointed.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsNot sure. I guess they were flexible with time. Individually, some people were great. Others...not so much. Decent vacation and sick time.

ConsHorrible Management, caring more about pleasing their own bosses than about taking care of their employees. Didn't value employees and care about their career (and career progression). Healthcare benefits are horrible. I could probably keep going, but I'll keep it short.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit!?! Think of others, not yourself.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Wish I would have never left.

Branch Manager (Former Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsManagement cares. Bank holidays. Loan rates for employees is good. Co-workers are great to work with.

ConsHealth insurance. I thought there were more cons than this, so I left. I've come to realize, there are very few cons to working for Zions Bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementI left for the "family" culture of a major credit union in Utah. Boy was that a big mistake. I wish I could go back. I may be able to in the future, but the right job will have to open up. The credit union is less customer service oriented than Zions Bank is. Bad move on my part. After seeing another CEO at work, Scott Anderson is an amazing CEO. The best around.

Treat their employees really well.

Teller (Current Employee)
    Provo, UT

ProsI love working at Zions. They treat their employees well and the hours of operation are great.

ConsDon't really have any complaints.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Great community bank, low salaries

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsLocal bank that gives back to the community.

ConsLow salaries, low advancement opportunities

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to care more about employees and their growth

Community Bank feel in a Regional Bank

Salt Lake City, UT

ProsDefinitely customer service oriented and isn't as sales heavy as Chase or Wells Fargo. Mid-level managers are amazing.

ConsHealth benefits aren't great. Lots of overlap in responsibilities make it difficult to know who is in charge of what.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider reorganizing duties of different areas, but thanks for being fun to work for.

Great place to work for

Intern (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe environment at Zions Bank has been my favorite. The people are friendly and everyone is willing to help out. There are some very talented people working within Zions Bank, and moving up at this company will reap many benefits.

ConsI was just an intern, so I didn't find many cons with this particular job. Getting a full time offer with them would be great.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more opportunities for people to create growth within this company.

No integrity, forgot who keeps them in business: the employees

Social Media Administrator (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

ProsBankers hours/holidays were awesome. Vacation pay was good. Does a lot for the community. Interest rates and other products given to employees are fantastic.

Bosses will go to bat for you... if you're in their clique.

ConsThe insurance choices here are reprehensible unless you're single.

The marketing department went from awesome to horrid a few months ago. New leaders are very nepotistic and view friendships as more important than actual skill in doing the job. IF you're not on the boss' good side, or they plain don't like you, they will find even the littlest thing to "get" you on, and then trump it up.

Basically, communication between upper and middle management is lacking terribly.

While HR is an advocate for employees generally, if you're labeled as someone that deserves to be fired, no one will hear your side of the story. No investigations will happen to see if allegations are true. They just are.

Don't make any promises — written or verbal. If a manager wants to get rid of you, those promises can be dissolved quickly, even if they're written down. Integrity doesn't matter here.

For a company who says, "We Haven't Forgotten Who Keeps Us In Business", they sure treat their employees — who are every bit as important in this business as the customers — terribly.

My advice if you're looking in this company: any other department is probably worth working for at Zions... maybe. But steer clear of the marketing department.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your "underlings". Don't trust your managers at their word. Give both people their sides of the story. Have integrity — if you promise something, make it happen. Stick up for your talented employees.

Worked for Zions Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zions Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zions Bank CEO A. Scott Anderson. All 56 reviews posted anonymously by Zions Bank employees.