Zions Bank

www.zionsbank.com

Zions Bank Reviews

Updated Jun 2, 2014
Zions Bank – Salt Lake City – “This is the Zions Bank and Zions Bancorp…”

Zions Bank President & CEO A. Scott Anderson

A. Scott Anderson

Pros
  • Lot of good people but several of the executive officers are incompetent(in 4 reviews)

• Great place if you want to be well known in the community and enjoy local events(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Health insurance is quite weak compared to other employers that I've worked for(in 3 reviews)

• All of the medical benefits are high deductible plans, which a lot of employees don't fully agree with(in 3 reviews)

Zions Bank is overall a good company to work for

Personal Banker (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFlexible schedule and good growth opportunities.

ConsNot enough hours to give to employees

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher FTE to be able to support more employees in branches.

Relationship Manager

Relationship Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsFamily oriented and provide a good work/life balance.

ConsHealthcare benefits are lacking and to expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide recognition for employees.

OK company, great coworkers, iffy management

Teller (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsCoworkers are great. You can get full time benefits at just 20hrs/week. Training is extensive. Pretty well compensated for sales, + sales competitions are good.

ConsIt's hard to sell Zion's products (morally and as a salesman), because most of the banking industry is way ahead of them. Banking software is, literally, from the late 90's, and very slow. Management is unsupportive, usually nice people but they don't show their appreciation for tellers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your employees. Don't be afraid to reduce micromanagement and spread out responsibilities. Stick around with your employees; don't leave at 3-3:30 while your employees are there until 6:30.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company with its flaws

Customer Service Manager (Current Employee)

ProsMost managers are great to be around.
    Flexible

ConsPersonnel reductions
    CSMs under compensated and under appreciated

Good job and company, but easy to feel stagnant

Account Relataionship Officer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsYou don't have to take your work home with you
    Company contributes to downtown parking/Trax Pass
    Good community connections

ConsThe pay is so-so
    Some of the basic systems are outdated and tedious
    It's hard to advance within a department, so people jump around

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement goes beyond 'doing' the Leadership skills you're taught, you need to BE a leader

Commercial Loan Processor

Commercial Loan Processor (Former Employee) West Valley City, UT

ProsGreat People to work with

ConsVery Stressful and long learning curb

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat Management!

Backward and dull place to work

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsThe schedule is generally 8 hours a day. There are some genuinely nice and professional people who work there.

ConsThe pay was below average. The medical insurance was expensive and the coverage was poor (high-deductible plan). The technology, such as Microsoft Office, was several versions behind. The culture was uninspiring and did not encourage innovation or improvement. I heard sexist jokes and comments from some of the older male managers who seemed oblivious to how inappropriate their behavior was.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpgrade your technology. Offer competitive pay and benefits. Weed out bad managers.

Good start to the business world

Credit Analyst (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsExperience is relevant, lots of experience within management, the employees in the department are in the same life stage, everyone knows Zions Bank. Almost never worked more than 40 hours. M-F

ConsThe health insurance could be better (high-deductible), the tuition reimbursement program is for MBAs and requires a payback period.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth

Zions is good company to work for. I enjoyed my time there. I was a Customer Service Manager.

Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsCustomer service focused. Quite a bit of leniency with upselling products, rather than being a drill sergeant like Wells Fargo. Good training program. Really friendly people.

ConsWay behind the times as far as technology and processes go. Can be a little frustrating at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more input from your branch personnel and use their feedback.

Too many inflexible silos.

ProsLot of good people but several of the executive officers are incompetent.

ConsManagement is out of touch. Relatives of Holding Company's CEO are not held accountable for disastrous job performance. Executive officers don't want to be confronted when their performance is poor and don't have any enforced expectations to change their behavior.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse of complaint system is used in an absolute vacuum without any competent management discernment.

Worked for Zions Bank? Contribute to the Community!