ZipRecruiter Reviews

Ian Siegel

Account Management

Current Employee - Account Management in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Management in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- My coworkers! I have fun at work all day every day. Lots of laughs, literally - Management listens to problems as they arise and works quickly to provide a solution - Great focus on call coaching and feedback to help me get better - Everyone has a say, environment open to listening to ideas and suggestions - Teammates support each other to continually develop our skills - Perks! Massages, lunch, happy hours, sales contests

Cons

- Would like more formal training, maybe even some cross-functional training for diverse professional skills - Air conditioner is loud sometimes...

Advice to Management

- Keep listening to your team and we will keep following you!

Great place to work!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Helpful management, pushes you to succeed and excel towards you goals both monthly and career path wise. Always open to assist and open door policy is legit. Perks are something I have never seen at another company!

Cons

Lots of change. Change is expected however. It is all how you adapt and overcome. If you can get past that and ride the wave while still doing your job you are bound to have a successful career.

Advice to Management

Keep listening and providing value to your reps. Teach us something new everyday.

Aug 21, 2015 – ZipRecruiter Staff

We're so happy to have you! We're growing, so things change often, but we're thankful you've been able to go with the flow year after year.

Get Your Act Together Zip!

Pros

A really great benefits package, beautiful office

Cons

No collaboration between teams - It's very clear the executive team only cares about their exit strategy versus their employees that will get them there. Too many changes, no consistency, poor communication, inconsistent product, bad leadership, unprofessional behavior, terrible compensation structure that makes it pretty clear how management feels about their employees.

Advice to Management

Realize you need your employees to get where you want to be and stay there, let changes settle in to learn from them before you make more useless changes, make your products best in class, knock off the nonsense and lead by example with thoughtful strategies and a passion for doing right by your employees.

Great company to work for UNLESS YOU'RE IN SALES!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

snacks, amazing co-workers on the sales floor.

Cons

unattainable goal with the leads we are given. we are set up to fail. turning into a CALL CENTER- hiring tons of new people to the sales team, but are not fixing any issues. hiring new people on a very low salary with promise to make up for in commission but with the leads given, there is no money to be made. no freedom to use the resources we are given to hit goal, they want us to call leads how they want. DO NOT WORK HERE IF YOU ARE IN SALES!

Advice to Management

Fix internal issues with lead distribution, start caring about your employees that work hard and have been here for years, man up and talk to the sales team about the direction things are going.

Aug 21, 2015 – ZipRecruiter Staff

Thank you for your feedback, and although ZipRecruiter is a fun place to work, performance metrics drive individual success. Our goal is to make sure that all teams have the resources they need to ... More

Account Manager

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best coworkers you'll find, everyone hangs out outside of work. Zip has a fantastic culture in that way and really fun company parties.

Cons

Director of account management will steal sales from account managers and give them to account managers she likes, she has 12 formal complaints about her but still there. Overall, the new managers that were hired within the last year are very inexperienced and play major favorites. You constantly feel you're getting screwed over on the sales team. Increased goals (by $10,000 and lowered commission by $750 a month!) total slap in the face. If you're in a different department other than sales, I'd recommend working at Zip but stay away if you're in sales.

Advice to Management

Focus on your sales team. People in other departments are still happy but everyone in sales is looking to jump ship.

7. Account Executive

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

Easy job... Very Easy. free snacks, free lunches twice a month, parties, friends, etc..

Cons

Something good or bad changes every month. No consistency

Advice to Management

They need to be more transparent with their vision.

Aug 20, 2015 – ZipRecruiter Staff

Thanks for the feedback! We're happy to have you on board and are constantly trying our best to share our goals and roadmap with the team.

Great Culture - Needs to Pay Employees

I worked at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

Fun and vibrant culture if you're right out of college Good product

Cons

Comission plan was revised two months after hire with increased goals and decreased commissions

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. SMB Account Executives should have a revised comp plan in their hands to sign.

Aug 13, 2015 – Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

Hi There, Thanks for your feedback! We understand that communication is so important, that's why SMB Account Executives have weekly one on ones with their sales managers. Remember HR's door is ... More

Call It What It Is

Current Employee - Sales in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are awesome. And by people, I mean my colleagues and specific people in upper management. The product itself, from the employer's perspective is getting better, but it still has several flaws. It goes without saying that it is a work in progress, and our product team will never truly have a "final version" - that's a good thing. Location is great.

Cons

Inexperienced management. Being a good salesperson doesn't make one qualified for being a manager. Sadly, upper management probably read a book and went with that antiquated practice of promoting salespeople this way. Currently, (since April 2015) there is no real equation for success on how to hit goal. Statistically, the sales team has not hit goal since May, and we've missed by a long shot. No guidance from management has been given besides "Increase your call volume!" A true call center culture is being nurtured, which does not bode well for career-oriented growth opportunities - unless you desire lateral moves. Fixing the product should be of paramount importance for the sales team. Okay, your team gets your leads on trials. The product fails. Now what? Who is to blame there? If you want to get a career started with this company, do not pursue sales. They are eliminating the original base (by force), and making it unable to get to the next levels. They are, however, favoring the eliminating experienced sales professionals to make room for entry level salaries and lower paying commission percentages. I could go on, but I'm not certain these platforms are heeded.

Advice to Management

Fix your product, fix your process, and provide your team with resources that support your ever-increasing goals. Statistics show that we are doing our part - now do yours. And spare us all the "KPIs are proven to..." and "A study in 1997 showed..." and be honest with us. We are not stupid.

Keep Looking-

Pros

Free Snacks Free Lunch every other week casual dress

Cons

Company does not care about its employees- well at least those on the sales floor. Pay structure is a joke! Unless you know someone there is no growth opportunity- they do not even post positions that they are hiring for they just take move their friends into those positions ( Law Suit waiting to happen) Head of HR is a complete joke- she has no clue what HR is! If you contact her with a question she NEVER replies back to you.

Advice to Management

take your own advice- do not over promise and under deliver. If you people to care about the growth of your company maybe you should care about them. I would suggest contacting Tony Hsiesh and ask him why his employees love where they work and why they never leave.

ZipRecruiter 2015

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is is very important.

Cons

Inexperienced management. An ever changing sales environment.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring inexperienced managers.

Jun 2, 2015 – Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for the tip. We're happy to have you on board and are constantly working with the team to make sure they're being the best they can be.

RSS Feed </> Embed