ZipRecruiter Reviews

1. I couldn't Imagine A Better Place To Work

Current Employee - Marketing Team in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Team in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

I absolutely love ZipRecruiter!

After being with the company month after month (almost a year and a half now), I have seen us grow, expand, and adapt, and we've done it so well. It's exciting to be a part of something like ZipRecruiter where your ideas matter, you're listened to, and your hard work is recognized. You're well taken care of each day just like you'd want an employer to care for it's employees

There is a lot of hard work involved, in each and every department, but ZipRecruiter definitely shows it's gratitude towards everyone for their hard work and efforts.

Cons

Things are constantly changing, but only because we're growing so fast. Every change so far has always been for the best.

Who ever said change is a bad thing?

Better cross department communication so everyone is always on the same page.

Also, I think that we should do all an all company training on new features and functionalities. Just so everyone is always up to speed with the product.

2. Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, awesome workplace, amazing co-workers, compensation package and management.

Cons

Sometime poor communication between upper management, probably pretty usual for a 5 year old company with explosive growth. Change can sometime be rapid.

Communicate more with the people in the trenches.

3. Great company overall!

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

I love coming to work every day and have a great time while working the hardest I ever have! The people are great and are always willing to help. Unlimited Perrier slims, healthy snacks, great compensation and benefits, unlimited vacation policy...what more can you ask for?

Cons

Nothing I can think of...

Keep the company culture going as we grow.

Mar 4, 2015Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

We're so glad to hear that!

It's a goal of ours to maintain our culture as we grow, and we're happy that you can be a part of it.

5. Best company I've EVER worked for! They stand for everything I stand for, in terms of values I live by!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

Work-life balance, leadership, benefits, and a fair compensation package are the main pros on a personal level. However, it's really the whole picture that the organization takes that's really impressive. ZipRecruiter is ready to take the recruiting industry by storm and is in a prime position to become the industry leader. I also can't emphasize enough how much integrity Zip has, in every respect.

Cons

I've been with Zip since September and I honestly don't have a single complaint about the organization, leadership, or colleagues. This is such a great, innovative company. I consider myself very lucky to part of this organization!

You guys are doing everything right so far. I can't think of anything to advise you on to make ZipRecruiter a better place to work.

Thanks so much!

We're happy to see that you love ZipRecruiter. Remember that our doors are always open if you have any questions or concerns.

6. A start up that has the RIGHT long term vision.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Management in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Management in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have been through the start up show-Zip is there now, and its fun. Culture is great. Perks are above par. People are amazing. I can't say enough good. Oh....WAIT....I did not mention that our office is right in the center of the SanMo promenade, and we are on the 11th floor. We see sunsets...every day!!

I love the fact that they are so selective on who they hire. This ensures we have the right people fitting the culture all while getting the job done. We do not have to micromanage! Get your job done, exceed your goal, max out your pay and you can work the hours that you please. I love that our upper management, VP's., and Exec team all wander the sales floor. For those who have not been in the cooperate world, this is few and far between. The VP of sales comes in every morning and rather than walking directly into his office, he walks around the entire floor to say hello and good morning to everyone. This means so much to the employees. But wait ......there's more!

Being an employee it is important to be able to feel comfortable with voicing your ideas and opinions. Guess what?!?! It is encouraged!! Your email will not be lost in the dust of 3000 departments, but will go directly to who it needs to. I feel lucky to be able to say hello to our VP, President, AND CEO on a daily basis.

The coaching here is meant to assist in building and optimizing your career; not only at Zip, but long term. The reps, sr. reps, managers, directors, and exec team proactively set time aside to coach others in their desired career path.

Huge perks; health insurance is 100% paid, 401k match, spiffs, bonuses, perks, outings, happy hours, team building activities, LOTS of promoting from within, lots of opportunity...I can't say enough about Zip. This truly is a company who is managing the growth of a start-up properly (like scaling the right way, keeping culture intact, and ensuring employees are happy).

Oh, one more........NO PROSPECTING on the inside. Yes, you heard that right,. These are all inbounds folks.

Cons

No cons. The company is growing. There is change happening. This is not unusual for a start up. It is not unusual for a company post start up. Change needs to be expected; and it is not always bad. It is all perception. All in all, no cons ; you just need to be willing to roll with the changes...............which will ultimately help anyone in their career path here, or anywhere for that matter.

Learn from other companies failures and don't do what they did....which I have seen you have done very well. Keep the good culture going. Scale this company out properly; do not rush it if you are not 100% ready. Executives; keep your open door policy and your approachable demeanor. VP, keep saying hello to the reps and managers every morning, this means a lot and it shows you care.

Schedule more large outings. Help all teams to get to know each-other outside of work. Help facilitate interdepartmental communication. Help departments on the same page to avoid a duplication of efforts or a "too many cooks in the kitchen" persona.

Mar 4, 2015Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback!

It's important to keep these things in mind as we grow and we're certainly doing our best to help each department grow and flourish. Remember our doors
    ... More

7. Too good to be true!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love coming into work and doing my job! The people that work here are all amazing and truly feel like one big family! The founders have created something amazing, and do a great job at maintaining employee satisfaction.
    our clients love us!

Cons

I have not encountered any just yet. Unless the fridge isn't packed with goodies!

Keep being helpful and maintain the energy!!

8. The absolute best place to work!

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work with really smart people to help connect job seekers with hiring managers. The culture couldn't be better. We live by the work hard/play hard mentality. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found such an oasis.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company.

9. Inside Sales Manager

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

* Amazing perks from a beautiful view to a stocked fridge!
    * Unlimited vacation policy!
    *Management that invests in career development of their employees.
    * Great product that basically sells itself

Cons

*Usual growing pains of a start up scaling as its customer base grows.

As we continue to grow we will need to get better at communication between departments to make sure the right always knows what the left is doing.

10. Fun, Dynamic, Hard-Charging Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

A well-run company staffed by some of the smartest folks I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Always pushing, always iterating, never a dull moment. A great place for people who love being challenged but also want to work at a company with a strong culture of respect.

Cons

Just some of the usual growing pains for a company that's rapidly scaling, but management is on top of it.

Keep doing what you're doing.

11. Best company I've worked for

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

ZipRecruiter is full of smart, nice people who are fun to work with and very good at what they do. The culture is laid back with an emphasis on working smart and getting things done. Management is focused on all of the right things. If you're a self starter who values autonomy you will love it here. Doesn't hurt that the company is growing like crazy.

Cons

ZipRecruiter can be a high pressure environment where a lot is expected from you. This isn't really a con, but be prepared to work hard.