ZipRecruiter

5.0

Ian Siegel

Best Company & Job Ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

What's not to love about a fast growing, fun and rewarding company and job? I'm often asked what it's like to work at ZipRecruiter and there are not enough ways to express how fantastic it is. Throughout your career, you begin to pick things you love at this company, see at another, don't ever want to experience again, etc. and you begin to form the vision of "the perfect job" or "the perfect company". I can honestly say that ZipRecruiter is all of that for me. I will try to sum it up by saying that the biggest pros of working at ZipRecruiter include: the opportunity to learn and grow as an individual, provide meaningful contributions, feel rewarded and truly enjoy the company and people you work with on a daily basis.

Cons

We've grown so fast that it is hard to keep up with names and faces. Nothing major. To me, there really aren't any cons but that's because it's a cultural fit for me. That is key to enjoying any job - is there a culture fit? If you prefer a quiet atmosphere with minimal social engagement, this probably wouldn't be a fit for you.

Continue focusing on culture when hiring and on the people when managing. And continue being open to ideas and ways of improving.

The way an internet company should be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best company I have ever worked for. Incredible talent. A product that works. An open and collaborative culture. A genuine concern and respect for both customers and partners.

Cons

Can be loud at times - the office is open. Umm...sometimes they run out of free snacks and it can be a full day before they are replaced.

Please please please keep the culture healthy. Love the after work events and the parties, but more important is the open environment you've created for sharing the business strategy. Remember to keep talking to ALL of us as the headcount grows.

The Best Company You Have Ever Worked At

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is the best company you will ever work at. Perfect balance of culture, benefits, job satisfaction, work-life balance, leadership, opportunity, teamwork, etc. The co-founders, early employees, and senior management team set the tone for the culture, not some obtuse set of corporate "values" that get written on a wall and forgotten about.

Working smarter is valued above working harder. Leadership is engaged at all levels. The strategy is clear and execution is solid. This company is a rocket ship in every way possible.

Cons

If you are not an A-player, you are going to find this a difficult place to work. Well, you won't last long anyway...

Keep the culture as it is, as long as you can. Keep executing.

BEST JOB EVER!

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

the culture- coworkers helping coworkers, smiling faces in every office you enter, respect, and amazing benefits and perks like unlimited PTO.

Cons

can't think of any besides the fact that this job might be adding to my weight gain due to the stocked cabinets and fridge. Yes, i have the option of fruit and oatmeal, but why would i want to do that when there are gluten-free brownies staring at me?

Keep doing your thing- it's working. I love working for this company and i want to do good for this company due to the amazing management leading me along the way!

Best company to work for - hands down!

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The list is never ending...best benefits, great compensation, amazing perks like free snacks, massages, unlimited vacation, catered lunches and working with the nicest and friendliest people. A really incredible company to work for and I hope the culture never changes.

Cons

I have not encountered a con to this company.

Zip, zip, hooray!

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Generous raises, clear-cut career paths, laid back environment, down-to-earth managers who feel like peers, mutual respect among colleagues. I'm amazed every day that everyone who works here is a genuinely nice, intelligent person who is great at their job. We're all friends, work hard, and play harder!

Cons

There's always pressure to hit your numbers in the sales industry, but I wouldn't call that a con--just an expectation to do your job :)

Do what you can to maintain the awesome culture we have right now.

The Job/Opportunity you always wished you had.

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

I always feel challenged! I'm never bored. The competition with my peers is at a high level yet we work together collectively and have eachothers back to ensure the success of our company. Yes I just said "our" instead of "the" company and I'm not even a founder. The culture that the founders have created here is so amazing that I feel like I'm part of something special and I can voice my opinions and ideas (good or bad) and they will be heard and respected.

Cons

Not knowing what tomorrow brings. But that's what actually makes it exciting and different :)

Continue to make your employees feel like one big family. I have never seen a company take such a servant Leader approach so naturally. Continue to have quality not quantity when it comes to employees. We are only as good as our new hire. I can't wait to get back into work on Monday!

Collaborative atmosphere

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collaboration encouraged, no bad apples in management, laid-back attitude that understands that getting the job done well is more important than punching a clock, great in-office perks.

Cons

No real cons - it's a great place to work.

Always listen to your geniuses.

Love it!

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Ummm where to begin? Awesome management, amazing benefits, the founders and CEO are like the chillest most laid back guys ever. People that work here are super cool and friendly. Growing company and so excited to be here early...pretty sure it's going to take off and end up being the best investment of employment time I've had so far

Cons

ehh no cons, there's always sales pressure working in sales but that comes with the territory.

Keep doing what your doing. We feel loved and that's amazing.

Fast-paced and Skyrocketing to Success

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunches weekly, free snacks, awesome benefits, unlimited pto, complete transparency, great, fun, youthful staff, list goes on and on.

Cons

One day the company will grow so large, today's culture will be missed.

Please make sure you are always involved in the company as you are now. ZipRecruiter will grow, but it needs to be level-headed and checked to ensure all employees are happy.