ZipRecruiter Reviews

Reset
4.7
Ian Siegel

1. Nice place to work.

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time

Pros

- Incredible leadership and coaching from industry experts.
    - Tons of upward mobility and growth opportunities
    - Phenomenal benefits
    - Beautiful office and environment

Cons

- Some teams haven't quite figured themselves out yet
    - Unlimited vacation time isn't always awesome. Your work quantity never changes, so justifying taking an "actual" vacation is extremely difficult at times.

May 15, 2015Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

We're so happy to have you! Thanks for all your valuable feedback. We will be sure to keep this in mind as we continue to grow.

ZipRecruiter 2015

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter (Less than a year)

Pros

Company culture is is very important.

Cons

Inexperienced management. An ever changing sales environment.

Advice to Management

Please stop hiring inexperienced managers.

Jun 2, 2015Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

Thanks for the tip.

We're happy to have you on board and are constantly working with the team to make sure they're being the best they can be.

I couldn't Imagine A Better Place To Work

Current Employee - Marketing Team in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Team in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

I absolutely love ZipRecruiter!

After being with the company month after month (almost a year and a half now), I have seen us grow, expand, and adapt, and we've done it so well. It's exciting to be a part of something like ZipRecruiter where your ideas matter, you're listened to, and your hard work is recognized. You're well taken care of each day just like you'd want an employer to care for it's employees

There is a lot of hard work involved, in each and every department, but ZipRecruiter definitely shows it's gratitude towards everyone for their hard work and efforts.

Cons

Things are constantly changing, but only because we're growing so fast. Every change so far has always been for the best.

Who ever said change is a bad thing?

Advice to Management

Better cross department communication so everyone is always on the same page.

Also, I think that we should do all an all company training on new features and functionalities. Just so everyone is always up to speed with the product.

May 15, 2015Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

We're so glad you love working here!

You're feedback is great, and everyday we're working towards improving the way we all work together.

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, awesome workplace, amazing co-workers, compensation package and management.

Cons

Sometime poor communication between upper management, probably pretty usual for a 5 year old company with explosive growth. Change can sometime be rapid.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with the people in the trenches.

A start up that has the RIGHT long term vision.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Management in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Management in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been through the start up show-Zip is there now, and its fun. Culture is great. Perks are above par. People are amazing. I can't say enough good. Oh....WAIT....I did not mention that our office is right in the center of the SanMo promenade, and we are on the 11th floor. We see sunsets...every day!!

I love the fact that they are so selective on who they hire. This ensures we have the right people fitting the culture all while getting the job done. We do not have to micromanage! Get your job done, exceed your goal, max out your pay and you can work the hours that you please. I love that our upper management, VP's., and Exec team all wander the sales floor. For those who have not been in the cooperate world, this is few and far between. The VP of sales comes in every morning and rather than walking directly into his office, he walks around the entire floor to say hello and good morning to everyone. This means so much to the employees. But wait ......there's more!

Being an employee it is important to be able to feel comfortable with voicing your ideas and opinions. Guess what?!?! It is encouraged!! Your email will not be lost in the dust of 3000 departments, but will go directly to who it needs to. I feel lucky to be able to say hello to our VP, President, AND CEO on a daily basis.

The coaching here is meant to assist in building and optimizing your career; not only at Zip, but long term. The reps, sr. reps, managers, directors, and exec team proactively set time aside to coach others in their desired career path.

Huge perks; health insurance is 100% paid, 401k match, spiffs, bonuses, perks, outings, happy hours, team building activities, LOTS of promoting from within, lots of opportunity...I can't say enough about Zip. This truly is a company who is managing the growth of a start-up properly (like scaling the right way, keeping culture intact, and ensuring employees are happy).

Oh, one more........NO PROSPECTING on the inside. Yes, you heard that right,. These are all inbounds folks.

Cons

No cons. The company is growing. There is change happening. This is not unusual for a start up. It is not unusual for a company post start up. Change needs to be expected; and it is not always bad. It is all perception. All in all, no cons ; you just need to be willing to roll with the changes...............which will ultimately help anyone in their career path here, or anywhere for that matter.

Advice to Management

Learn from other companies failures and don't do what they did....which I have seen you have done very well. Keep the good culture going. Scale this company out properly; do not rush it if you are not 100% ready. Executives; keep your open door policy and your approachable demeanor. VP, keep saying hello to the reps and managers every morning, this means a lot and it shows you care.

Schedule more large outings. Help all teams to get to know each-other outside of work. Help facilitate interdepartmental communication. Help departments on the same page to avoid a duplication of efforts or a "too many cooks in the kitchen" persona.

Mar 4, 2015Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

Thanks so much for your valuable feedback!

It's important to keep these things in mind as we grow and we're certainly doing our best to help each department grow and flourish. Remember our doors
    ... More

This company has absolutely no idea how to run a company. They totally lied to me and dissolved the Team I was on.

Former Employee - Sales in Santa Monica, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Santa Monica, CA

I worked at ZipRecruiter

Pros

Great Sales Manager and I enjoyed my co-workers. Other than that there's not much to say about Zip. I hope they get their act together for the sake of my ex-colleagues.

Cons

They have absolutely no idea what they are doing. I really thought that this company was different from the rest that I've worked for but they are not.

Advice to Management

Don't make promises that you don't expect to keep. Honesty is always the best policy and I'm extremely disappointed after ALL the hard work I put into helping this company grow. Learn what INTEGRITY means.

Great company overall!

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

I love coming to work every day and have a great time while working the hardest I ever have! The people are great and are always willing to help. Unlimited Perrier slims, healthy snacks, great compensation and benefits, unlimited vacation policy...what more can you ask for?

Cons

Nothing I can think of...

Advice to Management

Keep the company culture going as we grow.

Mar 4, 2015Social Media Manager & Marketing Coordinator

We're so glad to hear that!

It's a goal of ours to maintain our culture as we grow, and we're happy that you can be a part of it.

9. Best company I've EVER worked for! They stand for everything I stand for, in terms of values I live by!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ZipRecruiter

Pros

Work-life balance, leadership, benefits, and a fair compensation package are the main pros on a personal level. However, it's really the whole picture that the organization takes that's really impressive. ZipRecruiter is ready to take the recruiting industry by storm and is in a prime position to become the industry leader. I also can't emphasize enough how much integrity Zip has, in every respect.

Cons

I've been with Zip since September and I honestly don't have a single complaint about the organization, leadership, or colleagues. This is such a great, innovative company. I consider myself very lucky to part of this organization!

Advice to Management

You guys are doing everything right so far. I can't think of anything to advise you on to make ZipRecruiter a better place to work.

Thanks so much!

We're happy to see that you love ZipRecruiter. Remember that our doors are always open if you have any questions or concerns.

10. Too good to be true!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Santa Monica, CA

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love coming into work and doing my job! The people that work here are all amazing and truly feel like one big family! The founders have created something amazing, and do a great job at maintaining employee satisfaction.
    our clients love us!

Cons

I have not encountered any just yet. Unless the fridge isn't packed with goodies!

Advice to Management

Keep being helpful and maintain the energy!!

11. The absolute best place to work!

I have been working at ZipRecruiter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work with really smart people to help connect job seekers with hiring managers. The culture couldn't be better. We live by the work hard/play hard mentality. I consider myself extremely lucky to have found such an oasis.

Cons

I have no complaints about the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed