Zipcar

Zipcar Reviews in San Francisco, CA

Updated Feb 7, 2014

Zipcar President Kaye Ceille

Kaye Ceille

Pros
  • Discount on zipcars to use personally, laid back culture with very friendly employees and very visible management(in 6 reviews)

• The company is growing and there are a lot of opportunities to be promoted within(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • There is very little room for growth(in 4 reviews)

• Despite Zipcar outwardly retaining its own brand after the buyout by Avis Budget Group, internally there has been a huge shift in culture(in 4 reviews)

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

I help sell zipcar memberships

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat discount on rental rates, flexible hours, easy service to sell

ConsNegative and hard to approach marketing team, employees seem to abide by fear, everyone employee seems to be looking for another job (including management)

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to feedback, transparency goes a long way between employees, product is very easy to sell because its a great idea! Try to encourage your employees to grow within the company. Zipcar is a fun brand- I don't understand how this office seems to be so negative and lacking growth for employees

Zipcar is run by thieves!

Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsNone, absolute waste of 2 years of my life!

ConsThey REDUCED bonus payouts, AFTER sales were made! The commission structure was 'modified' 3 times in one year. Each time the payouts were reduced. I was the #1 Account Executive and made 300K for Zipcar (120% over quota), only to be thanked by receive LESS money than promised. They made money, and stole from the sales staff. Do NOT work for Zipcar!

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your employees are human.

Worked for Zipcar? Contribute to the Community!