Zirtual Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Maren Kate

Pros
  • Working from home as a full time job is awesome (in 8 reviews)

• I made a personal decision/goal to become full-time at Zirtual after one month and I'm glad I did (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Clients seem come and go with no apparent reason (in 3 reviews)

• 25,000/full-time to, mostly women, who hold bachelor's degrees (in 3 reviews)

1. Love working at Zirtual

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Zirtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, great employees and teammates. If you get a lot of tasks at once you can reach out to teammates for assistance! Management really seems to care about their employees!

Cons

Pay is low but management is looking at that and increases should be made within the next 12 months.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Looks Nice on the Outside

Current Employee - Virtual Personal Assistant in Raeford, NC
    Current Employee - Virtual Personal Assistant in Raeford, NC

I have been working at Zirtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, dont have to pay for a babysitter.

Cons

Company shut down with no warning. Not very much flexibility of the hours you could work.

3. Zirtual Assistant

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

Working from home, great co-workers and great sense of community within the company. You really feel like you're valued and your opinions matter!

Cons

Can be demanding at times depending on your client load.

Advice to Management

Love the way that you take advice from everyone in the company and are trying out various suggestions through beta-testing.

5. Great Place to be

Pros

The company cares for it's employees and as a vested interest in seeing them succeed. It's legit work from home, what's better than that?

Cons

The pay could be better and more flexible hours so it doesn't feel like we're chained to our desks.

Advice to Management

Stop changing pods around so that members can really develop relationships with each other.

6. Great job if you are looking to stay at home or if you travel a lot!

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Farmington, NM
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Farmington, NM

I have been working at Zirtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have always wanted to work at home but since I have had a baby I've wanted nothing more than to be home with him and earn a steady income and that's exactly what I get! This job makes it possible to be home with my kiddo and be able to travel if I am doing so (with hotspot of course - need that internet connection!). Zirtual is always trying to be a more accommodating company to us employees, always listening to feedback and making the changes necessary to stay a "happy family" company with still being able to tend to our clients accordingly.

Cons

The pay is a little low but within time I'm sure that will change and being able to work from home and get benefits....well....I don't think I can complain that much! ;0) The working hours can be a little difficult sometimes 8:30 PT - 5:30 PT or 9:30 - 6:30 MT if you are me, flexibility is always nice if you need to do something or have an event outside of work that you would like to attend to that's during working hours. But as with everything, in time I'm sure it will change. Zirtual already has some great things in the make and has changed some things already!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

7. Great Job for those needing something different.

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Spokane Valley, WA
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Spokane Valley, WA

I have been working at Zirtual full-time

Pros

1st - Work from Home, avoid all the stress, expense, and time of travelling to work everyday. 2nd - Company Support, Zirtual supports their ZA's by providing extended training to get you prepared for the job. After you start working with clients you are still supported by the management and your coworkers. 3rd - Every day is a new day, while you do have repetitive tasks every day you are doing something that is a little different. 4th - Room for Advancement, the company is growing and they like to hire from within providing great opportunities for growth and advancement.

Cons

1st - Pay, they do not pay well at this point but management is seeking to correct this problem. 2nd - Hours, most work at home opportunities have a more flexibility in the hours you work.

Advice to Management

Increase the base pay and provide some additional flexibility in hours.

8. Great Company!

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in New Orleans, LA

Pros

Working from home, facing new and interesting challenges on a daily basis, a fantastic and supportive community, great training program. Benefits, sick days, paid holidays: all a huge plus!

Cons

Very specific work hours - would like to have a bit more flexibility when needed. Pay is a little low at the current time, but I know the company is striving to improve.

Advice to Management

No advice really - very please with how they keep employees in the loop and are constantly working to make our experience better.

9. Love Zirtual

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Las Cruces, NM
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Las Cruces, NM

I have been working at Zirtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a real sense of community working for Zirtual. I feel engaged at work and I get to do it in my PJs! I enjoy working with clients from different backgrounds who challenge me everyday. Zirtual offers full-time employment with benefits. In addition, I feel valued as an employee.

Cons

Downsides of working for Zirtual is the rigid hours we work. It would be nice if we could work 8-5 in our own time zone.

Advice to Management

I think I might be a little happier if I were able to work 8-5 in my own time zone. Still, I'm very happy working with Zirtual and I'm excited to see what new opportunities will be made available to me in the future!

The Real Deal

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant

I have been working at Zirtual (Less than a year)

Pros

I have the security of being an employee and several benefits that fall under that classification. I have an amazing support system and community that I cherish. Going to work is fun and exciting. I don't have to fight for jobs or clients and I truly feel close to everyone I work with. There is a sense of "we're all in this together, so help each other". I feel secure here. I feel cared about. I'm part of the team and it is my privilege to be here as it grows.

Cons

Working in a growing company means handling a lot of changes in policy and it can be confusing or difficult to incorporate at first. However it isn't exactly traumatizing and feedback is heard.

11. Working for Zirtual

Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Zirtual Assistant in Boise, ID

I have been working at Zirtual full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Zirtual is physically flexible - you're not tied down to an office or having to commute - you can work anywhere that there's Wi-Fi! The benefits Zirtual provides are great and the people you get to work with from around the country are amazing! The company is continuing to grow and they are always looking at ways to improve our workflow to provide the best Zirtual experience to our clients.

Cons

Compensation is only $11/hour starting off, but the company is working on increasing that. Flexibility with time could be improved - currently employees have to be available at set times - the company is also working on this.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

RSS Feed </> Embed