ZocDoc

ZocDoc Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi

Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free Lunch Everyday - Can't beat that(in 17 reviews)

• catered lunch, and a rather stocked kitchen with snacks throughout the day(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life(in 6 reviews)

• I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company(in 8 reviews)

Great Experience!

Sales (Current Employee) New York, NY

Prospeople, culture, office environment, work/life balance, unlimited vacation days, full health benefits, free lunch

I've been here for 8 months and have had nothing but a positive experience. All of the managers I've reported to have been nothing but supportive in my career goals and have helped me every step of the way to achieve those goals. There has never been a time where I've felt my voice wasn't heard or valued.

ConsThere could be more extensive training for the sales teams and more communication between departments so that we're running more efficiently as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think there should be more support from upper management and more resources for the sales team to really make sure they are set up for success.

Great place to work!

Manager (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsZocDoc has created a fun work environment where employees are encouraged to challenge the status quo, think out of the box, and bring new ideas to the table. ZocDoc employs a smart, creative, and good humored group of people who are working hard and having fun at the same time. My personal experience has been great, and I feel lucky to work here. During my tenure at the company, I have constantly been given more responsibilities, and I have received generous raises at benchmarks of success. I work ~ 50 hours a week in the office. I'm always free to handle personal stuff during the work day if necessary. Employees always run errands, go for a haircut, or cut out mid-day to hit the gym. so yes, there are long hours sometimes, but it's also an atmosphere without micromanagement. It's like - do what you want as long as you get your stuff done.I feel empowered to conduct my business in the best way that suits me.

ConsI don't have anything notable to complain about.

Operations Associate (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of opportunity to grow your skill set, you work with AWESOME people, and there's always an opportunity to dive into new projects!

ConsWork/life balance can be tough, there's always more to be done!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

best job you can have... if you're a masochist

ProsSometimes you get to leave the office before 7:30pm.
    Free snacks/lunch
    comfortable chairs
    good office location

ConsSales managers have no idea how hire/manage or train correctly.
    Directors are "yes men" and people are inundated with busy work under the guise of process improvement. Constantly.
    The execs are arrogant to think they know how to do EVERY job better than those they hire and therefore micromanage people to unheard of levels. Then those employes are then blamed for the repercussion created by their mandated actions.
    working in sales, you are treated like a piece of machinery, and rather than fix a squeaky wheel, they just replace the machine. I would love to know how many sales people have been hired and fired since ZocDocs inception...easily in the hundreds (which is scary to think there have been more people fired in their short existence than actually work there now.)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop talking about your core values, when you dont abide by them. work life balance? where? great people? even the ones you fire on a daily basis? own it? it hard to own something, when you dictate every step people take. Also, take some responsibility for your poor hiring practices, its not them...its you.

Waste of time

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFree lunch, fun people,

ConsThis was one of the worst mistakes i've made with respect to my sales career. I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company. I have no idea what the strategy is here but i wish i could take back the few months i spent working at ZocDoc

Wonderful work environment. Dedicated employees.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome perks, good benefits, casual dress.

ConsLong hours, steep learning curve for new hires.

Great Product Concept, Horrible Company

Outside Sales Executive (Former Employee)

ProsAs an outside sales rep, you have freedom to create your own schedule and work on your own terms.

ConsThey do not adjust for cost of livng in your city.
    They do not adjust quotas to reflect the actual demand in your territory.
    Don't bother learning anyone's name, they won't be around in 2 weeks (that includes management).

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your outside sales reps as disposable assets. You go around hiring top talent from other companies, create failing initiatives, then fire those reps because your programs and initiatives fail. Take some responsibility for declines in sales. If you want to burn and churn employees then try a different approach: DRASTICALLY improve your sales training, hire recent college grads, and let them gain their first real-world experience here.
    You can't have it both ways. If you are going to hire premium talent, give them something to work with, like a strong brand reputation, and better marketing reach. It would be nice if when you say ZocDoc to a receptionist they can stop looking at you like you just sneezed and actually recognize the name. But keep up the great work with the in-office catering. Very delicious meals.

Good leadership, just need to have better managers

ProsCool industry, not a lot of competition, good vaca time

ConsCommission structure needs work. Managers micro manage most of the time. sales people only get together 1 time a year.

Honestly..Great concept & vision BUT HORRIBLE Senior Level Employees

Inside Sales Executive (Former Employee)

Prosfree lunch
    laid back attire
    Great Benefits

ConsEmployee Retention is low thus affecting the moral.
    The territories and specialties you are calling on is out of your hands. This is huge because you essentially are not in control of your own destiny there.

Advice to Senior ManagementSet the right expectations to applicants right out of the gate.

CEO, CFO, CMO are great. However they need to evaluate their sales trainers and realize that if they hire top talent, following a script for every stage of the sales process won't be ideal.

Lastly, STAY TRUE TO YOUR VALUES!!! At Zocdoc employees are "encouraged" to speak up, but the second you challenge someones point of view you're screwed.

Incredibly fast career growth for recent graduates but not for slackers

Inside Sales Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsI joined 9 months ago with zero experience in entry level sales (SOA) and was promoted to Inside Sales Executive in 6 months. My experience as a SOA allowed me to immediately become a top 10% sales executive in the company earning 6 figures. Everybody is young, energetic, and willing to go the extra mile to help new recruits. Also doesn't hurt to have catered lunch, top notch health insurance and unlimited vacation days...

ConsThis is not a job for slackers. You need to own your market and be comfortable cold calling - but it's easy when you're selling such a beneficial product for society. I have had 3 incredible managers who helped me realize my potential and did not micro-manage at all, however, there are one or two managers you will want to avoid.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain the start-up culture as we continue to expand. Ping pong tables, craft beer fridays and a casual dress code make this a great company to work for!

Worked for ZocDoc? Contribute to the Community!