ZocDoc Reviews

Updated October 23, 2014
3.2

ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people (in 19 reviews)

• There is a lot of access for upper management, and some really great people here (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life (in 9 reviews)

• Long hours, steep learning curve for new hires (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Get out what you put in.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked at ZocDoc now for 4 months. Commission structure is amazing. I have been killing it, already earned almost 20k in commission's alone. I am not a recruiter, I'm an ISE. Look it up. As for the negative reviews, they are just a bunch weak people, that can't sell. Work life balance, are you kidding me. You have weekends off, and put in 8-10 hour days max. For this kind of pay and lax work environment, these people must be kidding.

Cons

You actually have to try. If you are going to be a sales rep, then there are no cons.

Management improves every month. This is a young company, but does a great job of listening to employees to improve workplace.

Great mission, lots of growth for people who want to build

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been at the company for more than two years, and they have always done right by me. ZocDoc is a meritocracy and the company supports and invests in the people who invest in it. It's a great place for people who like to raise their hand to take on new and interesting challenges, helping ZocDoc grow while their grow their professional skill set as well. The company is committed to developing leaders internally, making sure that great people can find new challenges here across departments. The leadership team sincerely cares about its employees and seems to spend a lot of time thinking about how to make ZocDoc even better. The people here are amazing - sharp, humble, collaborative, challenging, and caring.

The business model actually works and the service we provide is honestly a great one. The vision of the company is much bigger than online appointment scheduling, and I believe we're just getting started.

For people who want to build something, try new things, and pave the way, they shouldn't hesitate to climb aboard. For people who want to do the same job day in, day out, clock in, clock out, maintain the status quo - probably better to go to a big corporation without any fire in the belly.

Cons

Much of the staff - especially Sales - is pretty green and they have no idea just how good they have it here! The company is definitely still learning how to operate at its size, but Leadership seems to be invested in getting it right, hearing how they can improve, and learning as they grow. This hypergrowth could also be a pro, for people who want a front row seat to watching (and shaping) how a company successfully scales.

Keep listening to employees, investing in the culture, and don't lose site of our mission.

Great place to work hard, grow quickly, and have fun doing it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at ZocDoc has been an incredible opportunity for me since starting over a year ago. There is a mission and a sense of accomplishment in all of the work that we do here, and what's more, there is every opportunity for growth. Be prepared to learn more than you ever thought possible from an incredible team you won't find anywhere else.

Cons

The downsides are fairly common across most companies this size. Expect long hours and a few growing pains in process management.

I would love to see more focus placed on training as a way to continue to help employees grow.

Selling something you can believe in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The company is growing but still in a stage where each individual can make change or a difference (if they take the initiative). ZocDoc has done a good job of assembling a lot of really smart people who are good at what they do, and they are getting better every day at figuring out how to take the best from everyone and apply it. The pay is competitive, and if you factor in health benefits, you are ahead compared to most companies (especially if you have a family).

Cons

This is a sales job in every sense of the word. If you aren't prepared to work hard for your money, you will struggle.

Communicate with all levels as much as possible.

Great company

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good company with a lot of growth opportunity.

Cons

you have to be hard working

keep up the good work

Smilin and Dialin

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

No job security, not great training

Sales associate

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Great company fun atmosphere. Colleagues are great.

Cons

Hard to grow in industry and felt like you needed to improve alot

Client Service Representative

Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product and cool people. Free lunch is a huge perk, but then you're expected to never leave the office. If you put in the work you can move up. It's exciting to be a part of a successfully growing company.

Cons

The sales floor is a sweat shop of telemarketers. Do not take this job unless you are 100 percent okay with calling/stalking doctors practices for 10 hours of your day. When interviewing you are not told that you need to reach 60 percent of your quota to earn commission. Also, management can sometimes be inconsistent and immature. You never know who will get fired since the CSRs are not valued and the turnover rate is so high.

Smart company, poor morale

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working alongside very talented, driven, smart people. Admirable mission and impactful, well-respected product. Great benefits.

Cons

Disorganized, cut-throat, poor internal communication. Low pay for what they expect from employees. No work-life balance. Unapproachable management and executive team. Constant state of emergency and panic. Low integrity. Lots of broken processes.

Pay attention to feedback on culture. Celebrate victories more, and model work-life balance. Invest time in valuing and developing current employees vs. just hiring. Be more self-aware. Avoid hitting the panic button constantly.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great management, which is really supportive. And great perks and benefits

Cons

Salary can be a little better, but everything is really great overall.

keep doing what your doing