ZocDoc Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
3.1

ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • free lunch, absolutely amazing healthcare benefits, great people, fun office to work in (in 19 reviews)

• There is a lot of access for upper management, and some really great people here (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life (in 8 reviews)

• I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Great mission, lots of growth for people who want to build

Current Employee - Marketing  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've been at the company for more than two years, and they have always done right by me. ZocDoc is a meritocracy and the company supports and invests in the people who invest in it. It's a great place for people who like to raise their hand to take on new and interesting challenges, helping ZocDoc grow while their grow their professional skill set as well. The company is committed to developing leaders internally, making sure that great people can find new challenges here across departments. The leadership team sincerely cares about its employees and seems to spend a lot of time thinking about how to make ZocDoc even better. The people here are amazing - sharp, humble, collaborative, challenging, and caring.

The business model actually works and the service we provide is honestly a great one. The vision of the company is much bigger than online appointment scheduling, and I believe we're just getting started.

For people who want to build something, try new things, and pave the way, they shouldn't hesitate to climb aboard. For people who want to do the same job day in, day out, clock in, clock out, maintain the status quo - probably better to go to a big corporation without any fire in the belly.

Cons

Much of the staff - especially Sales - is pretty green and they have no idea just how good they have it here! The company is definitely still learning how to operate at its size, but Leadership seems to be invested in getting it right, hearing how they can improve, and learning as they grow. This hypergrowth could also be a pro, for people who want a front row seat to watching (and shaping) how a company successfully scales.

Keep listening to employees, investing in the culture, and don't lose site of our mission.

Smilin and Dialin

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

No job security, not great training

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great management, which is really supportive. And great perks and benefits

Cons

Salary can be a little better, but everything is really great overall.

keep doing what your doing

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Smart company, poor morale

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working alongside very talented, driven, smart people. Admirable mission and impactful, well-respected product. Great benefits.

Cons

Disorganized, cut-throat, poor internal communication. Low pay for what they expect from employees. No work-life balance. Unapproachable management and executive team. Constant state of emergency and panic. Low integrity. Lots of broken processes.

Pay attention to feedback on culture. Celebrate victories more, and model work-life balance. Invest time in valuing and developing current employees vs. just hiring. Be more self-aware. Avoid hitting the panic button constantly.

Just a number

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people

Cons

the hours are insane, no work/life balance. The managment is terrible and some are just inept. You are treated as nothing more than a number and the turnover is incredibly high

Upbeat, useful, learning experience with huge growth potential

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Vision of the company and the potential growth

Cons

Call center type environment. Mentally strenuous.

A little more hands on training for everyone, especially in the beginning.

HORRIFIC CUSTOMER SERVICE!

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

None. The "sell" to the public is that this is an unbiased service for patients. The truth is they permit doctors to curate their profiles and reviews so as to garner higher ratings. Bad policy. Bad people.

Cons

See above. My integrity isn't for sale.

Close up shop. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

They butter you up with perks of the place

Former Employee - ISE  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - ISE in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are nice, friendly.. atmosphere is good. Obviously free catered lunch and snacks are great for anyone.

Cons

Opportunity to grow is not that great, have to be a brown nose to the right people to get thought of a new opportunity. The turn over is unreal, new people every week. While working there a new position was established and it was horrible. Low pay and nothing great from it, just same work as other position but with more work and more stress. There needs to be better management, some people just DO NOT BELONG IN MANAGEMENT when it comes to sales. soft spoken people do not make a great leader when its a ZocDoc environment and expectations. If you get fired or asked to leave, they walk you out personally, cant go back to your desk to grab your stuff...as if you were a criminal. I get there is technology and people might make scene about losing their job but, give a little more respect after all the hard work.

Better interview process for Sales managers.

Great stepping stone, if you survive the first 2 months

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time for more than a year

Pros

free lunch, absolutely amazing healthcare benefits, great people, fun office to work in. It looks great on your resume if you make it here even 8 months, just about any inside sales job in NY will want you if they see that.

Cons

if you're in sales, the inequality of opportunity for success. You will be assigned a territory as will your peers and you would all be held to the same quota, but may have drastically different opportunity for success. There are some markets where ZocDoc has burned so many bridges from either setting poor expectations of the product or sales people being too persistent in attempt to hit their monthly target.

Have adjusted quotas based on maturity of markets

A fantastic place to build a career in sales (if you work hard at it)

Current Employee - Sales Origination Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Origination Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time for less than a year

Pros

ZocDoc is unlike any other place I've worked. The culture is great, the perks are even better, and the people here are among the best and brightest in New York.

Yes, there are hard quotas they expect you to hit, and yes, sometimes management isn't always helpful, but we are warned of these things before we start. Reading other reviews I'm not sure why people are surprised. The quotas and expectations are no different than other sales positions in the city. You will be on the phone for most of the day, cold-calling doctors, and trying to sell them on ZocDoc. Some regions are harder to sell in than others. All of this was mentioned in the phone screen with my recruiter, so none of it came as a surprise. Those who fail do so because of a lack of will. However, if you are good at what you do, there is a ton of room for growth, and a lot of SOAs move on to more senior roles before they've been here a year.

-Free, catered lunches every day (we use a couple dozen restaurants as vendors, so the food is never boring)
    -100% healthcare covered, paid for by ZD
    -Unlimited vacation days (no one is keeping track of when you take off--just have to make sure that you're not leaving work unfinished)
    -Super casual environment (sometimes I wear sweatpants and no one bats an eyelash)
    -Young, creative, fun company culture
    -Great team events
    -Sales contests to win cash prizes
    -Tons of opportunity for growth
    -Weekly, all-hands happy hour on Fridays
    -Great snack room
    -Laptop and cell phone provided for you
    -Bright, open, multi-floor office in SoHo

Cons

-Growing pains typical of a start-up
    -Raises often only come if you ask for them (and aren't guaranteed based on tenure, etc.)
    -Hours vary depending on workload, but that's true for most jobs
    -If you don't like to work hard, this isn't the place for you

More transparency is always appreciated.

ZocDoc Photos

Worked for ZocDoc? Contribute to the Community!