ZocDoc Reviews

Reset
3.5
ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch, great healthcare benefits (in 22 reviews)

• The company is committed to developing leaders internally, making sure that great people can find new challenges here across departments (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has been a struggle at times (in 10 reviews)

• I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Inside Sales Executive

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Healthcare 100% covered -Free lunch -Culture is great -Growing office where promotions are available -Competitive atmosphere -Competitive comp plan

Cons

-If you are not here to work hard and make money its not for you

2. Great place to work

Pros

Great benefits, great comp, great place to challenge yourself.

Cons

Not the best place to LEARN sales, but a great place to MASTER sales

3. Awesome Place to Work

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun, challenging, energetic environment with great pay, paid benefits and all the food and diet coke you can drink!

Cons

Very tough sale and not for the easily discouraged.

5. Great company to work for! Genuine passion to improve healthcare for patients.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have had many opportunities to grow in my career here. I truly feel supported by the amazing people I work with and know that higher management is rooting for me to do well. I have been able to learn from great people. Challenging, hardworking, fun, passionate culture that walks the talk. Not to mention great benefits!

Cons

We could definitely improve on established professional development opportunities so that people in all departments feel they are consistently exposed to new skillsets.

Advice to Management

I appreciate what I have seen is a true desire to grow and improve--and also listen to feedback from lower level employees. Keep doing this!!

6. If you want to love your job, work at ZocDoc!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Upper Management - Caring Executives - Free Catered Lunch - 100% Paid Healthcare - Fun Culture - Great People - Smart People - Open Vacation Policy ZocDoc listens to their employees and always makes changes, so that employees are happy and successful.

Cons

Working from home isn't part of the culture

7. SOA at ZocDoc

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

The culture and location of the company is amazing. Everyone has a work hard play hard attitude with a lot of energy and fun shenanigans to get you through the day. Soho is a great neighborhood in downtown Manhattan filled with fashion, stores and great looking people.

Cons

The base salary was way too low especially since they set your quota at a barely reasonable level. Being my first job out of college it wasn't a bad experience but I had to leave because the compensation really just didn't do it for me. Granted there are uncapped commissions and the earning potential is there but at some point you have to be realistic and do a cost analysis to figure out weather your time and efforts can be valued higher else where. Also, prepare to work 8am-6pm at the very least.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the revolving door on the sales floor.

8. Inside Sales Executive

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

The culture is awesome, work hard and play hard. Great people and a ton of support. This is by far the hardest sale but if you can make it the reward is amazing! Free lunch and breakfast on Friday. The benefits are great as well, probably the best health, dental and vision offered by any company. You will become a better salesman by working here.

Cons

The territory you have plays a factor. It is one of the toughest sales out there! The turnover is high.

Keep looking

Pros

amazing product and great service team

Cons

disfunctional management , churn and burn atmosphere

Don't get too excited!

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great product depending on the market. Good benefits, unlimited vacation time and free lunch.

Cons

Be warned, most of these reviews are fake. They have a highly employee turnover. I don't even know why I stayed so long. -You work so much to meet your quota, that you don't get to use your "unlimited" vacation. -They hire young people for inside sales/telemarketing; they are not very professional. They have never sold to doctors and they are very unfamiliar with the medical industry. These kids would do or say anything to get the doctors on the phone. Including calling them on their emergency line. NOT PROFESSIONAL. It gives the company a bad reputation. -You can't have a bad month. You will get written up and let go the next moth if you don't meet quota. -High turnover rate -Micromanage you through Sales Force -Car Sales mentality -People are let go if they don't sell anything on their first three months -Commission structure is a joke and confusing. You have to bring in 4 doctors every month; you start making money on the 5th doctor. Then you have to wait three months before you get paid a "third of your commission". It does accumulate but still, you don't get paid until three months and only a third of your commission. You'll get the other two thirds but it's broken down the following two months. If you quit, you'll only receive whatever is coming for that month. The remaining lag commission is lost.

Advice to Management

-My advice is to invest more money on marketing on TV and email blasts in certain markets and stop going through employees like they don't matter. Hiring and firing is more costly than marketing. -Set realistic expectations and quotas.

Hardest Job yet the most rewarding

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture, very talented people at ZocDoc in Phoenix. can't beat free lunch and fully paid for benefits. The sale is a tough one but the new comp plan is amazing if you are someone who decides to bust your butt and work hard. Cold calling is a must, that won't go away. Recently they have outlined the path to make six figures and it's very doable. i love that ! lots of cool perks too like prizes weekly and dinners out for the top performers.

Cons

It's a hunters game so if you slow down one month it feels like you are left in the dust and that messes with your mind a bit. flavor of the month is common but isn't that all sales ? turn over used to be high but it has slowed down a ton in the last 6 months sine the new comp and Performance plan was outlined.

Advice to Management

Management, keep supporting us to get more sales. Bring back the led gen dept to help us out with pre set meetings. stop reinventing the wheel every two months with a new script or plan of attack. would love to see a more clear cut path to improvement from newbie to senior sales guy. i.e. these are the skills you should master and here is how. then again i haven't seen that at any company.

RSS Feed </> Embed