ZocDoc Reviews

187 reviews filtered by
3.5
ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people (in 22 reviews)

• There is a lot of access for upper management, and some really great people here (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life (in 10 reviews)

• I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Inside Sales Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Healthcare 100% covered
    -Free lunch
    -Culture is great
    -Growing office where promotions are available
    -Competitive atmosphere
    -Competitive comp plan

Cons

-If you are not here to work hard and make money its not for you

Best career move

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Challenging work, incredible people, great culture, and a product/vision I believe in.

Cons

There can be a lack of structure. Execs tend to have major scope creep in their initiatives.

ZocDoc Operations

Current Employee - Senior Operations Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Operations Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Operations is an amazing team! You always have the support of leadership and your teammates.

The entire company has amazing transparency that lets you know that you are working for an outstanding company that is always looking to better themselves.

Because the company is still growing, the number of possible career paths is endless! You have the ability to learn what you're most interested in at ZocDoc, and find a path that allows you to be a part of that areas development.

Cons

In Operations you have some weekend and holiday coverage. They do split it fairly quarterly and everyone is willing to work with you

Project Associate

Current Employee - Project Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Being part of an organization disrupting the healthcare industry through technology is definitely a big pro. As an employee, you really get to feel and see the impact you are having on patients and the change taking place within large hospital systems and private practices
    -Sounds cliche, but culture at ZocDoc is incredibly important. We really embrace our 7 core values, especially "patients first". Despite our incredible growth over the past 8 years, we definitely maintain that startup culture too (lots of bean bags, ping pong tables, and free snacks)
    -ZocDoc is growing at seemingly exponential rates. Being part of scaling, launching and piloting new products, and building internal processes is rewarding.

Cons

-Pay within the Operations department is below industry average, especially when you start out. However, you don't join ZocDoc for the money, you join to be part of an organization at the forefront of changing an industry. If pay is your number 1 priority, look elsewhere.

Passion meets hard work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The folks here are really passionate and the work has a purpose. Everyone is great about helping each other out and there's no such thing as a dumb question. It's an extremely friendly workplace and I've made tons of close friends.

Cons

There is no financial transparency and a slight lack of direction for the company's very long term goals

Great place for engineers

Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The software engineering team at ZocDoc is one of the best places to grow technically and professionally. The company has a lot of projects going on and the team is large enough to accomplish much, but also the team is small enough that each contributor is making a big difference. Though parts of the code are on the stale side, there's plenty of areas where one can play around with the latest technology. Most importantly, there's a good mix of junior and senior engineers, so there's plenty of mentorship and exchange of ideas. The engineering directors really care about the work environment and building a team that is satisfied. I've made a lot of progress in delivering big projects and getting promoted while here.

Cons

The engineering team is isolated from the rest of the company in some ways. This isolation is a good thing, because the rest of the company can be a little aggravating. Executives will micromanage their way into projects they don't have the time to fully understand. The ginormous sales organization has terrible employee retention, so you never really build close bonds with them. The company is getting better about communication, but there's also a lot of secrets about strategy and direction.

Advice to Management

Executives should open up about the direction and state of the company. They should build a more collaborative atmosphere so that lower level managers can take informed steps with more autonomy.

8. Great People - Great Company

Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part of working here is the people you get to work with. When I first started I was a little taken aback by how much these people care about each other and the work they're doing - for me having a great team of people who want to be there working essential in a job. ZocDoc, also, has created a culture of speaking up and sharing ideas on how to improve the company and the service as a whole. And of course, the daily lunch, snacks, and benefits are great.

Cons

There are a lot of challenging goals and the company requires a lot out of its employees. Also, I feel the company is in an odd transition from the small start-up phase to a more medium sized company which can cause some confusion within the tiers of management for a base-level employee.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to employees ideas, encourage them to come up with solutions and ideas for how to improve their jobs.

Great people, great management and all the tools you need to succeed.

Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ZocDoc provides all the tools you need to succeed, and if you use them, you will! Their training program is intensive, and management staff are incredibly supportive and want you to succeed. Additional continuing education classes are offered every quarter. Employees are encouraged to speak up with ideas on how to improve anything and everything at the company. This is the brightest, most inquisitive and hardworking group of people I have ever worked with, and that's clearly because the culture attracts that kind of talent!

Cons

Expect to work hard; there is no time to dilly-dally. Starting pay for entry-level operations could be higher, so turnover can be high for part-time patient operations associates.

Advice to Management

If you offer a full-time option with benefits for patient operations associates, you will keep that talent that you've attracted!

The best job I have ever had!

Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am 21 years old, in my last semester of college, and am currently a Patient Operations Associate with ZocDoc. Coming from a college student perspective, this company is so amazing! They offer really flexible hours that work with your school schedule and a seamless transition from part-time to full-time if you want to continue with the company. When you go full-time you receive really impressive benefits, but part-time still has options for life insurance and a 401k. You also have free catered lunch every day and unlimited vacation time. The amount of opportunity you are given within the company is truly astounding and the culture is off the charts awesome. The big thing that continues to surprise me is that there are no office politics like in other businesses. Those who deserve to move up do and those who don't do not, but with management always there to guide you and help you it is pretty much impossible not to succeed. This company makes you want to do better and be better and you are acknowledged and rewarded for your hard work. I have grown as a person and as an employee so much in the 9 months that I have been with ZocDoc.

Cons

Trying to think of cons is a challenge... training is a little short for Patient Operation Associates (around 4 days), but all of the other employees take you under their wing to show you the ropes and you're still getting paid hourly while you train. Work/life balance is no issue for part-time employees. That's really all I can think of.

Advice to Management

N/A

Great people!

Current Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of this job is the people you get to work with. They are the kindest most hard working people you will come across. I love that I get to help people and no day is the same. There is always something new to learn and I have gained an incredible amount of useful skills.

Cons

The work is challenging but very fulfilling. Things change very quickly and you have to be on your toes to keep up!

Advice to Management

Keep asking for feedback from employees. It is one thing I greatly appreciate we constantly do. You ask feedback about everything, so keep doing so!

ZocDoc Photos