ZocDoc

Updated December 21, 2014
3.6

ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people (in 22 reviews)

• There is a lot of access for upper management, and some really great people here (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life (in 10 reviews)

• I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Positions

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

THUMBS UP!!! You will be very fortunate if you can survive the 10 week boot camp. Why? Because you will be smarter and stronger - and you will gleam from it! Great teams, great staff that mix motivation with vision. Forbes rates best place to work. This is a kind of hit the floor running place where its only suited for the pros or those with an inner burning desire to succeed. High-tech Top quality product would require no less.

Attributes: Make work fun! Own it! And us before me! And I like to say, recognize the opportunity and be prepared to take a massive amount of action to get you to your goals.

I love it here for many reasons, one of which is because I was previously an account manager for an international online trading brokerage. I feel much better about the service I am providing because it really is changing and saving millions of peoples experience with healthcare, their health and in many cases, their lives. l'm proud that I can now utilize and harness my power of influence and persuasion and good will into something more ethical and that truly brings a tremendous value to our communities and to our world. I wish you all the success!

Cons

You might not like it

Don't worry too much about college degrees for account management/sales positions.

Best Place to Work

Current Employee - ISE in New York, NY
    Current Employee - ISE in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

best benefits, best people, best opportunity for growth.

Cons

All the accusations being made right now about sexual harassment, mice, etc are utter B.S. It's no coincidence that these things come out the second the company raises its valuation to over a billion dollars. The people supporting these accusations get hired, work 3-4 months, quit and then try to cash in. It's disgusting. Bottom line- don't believe everything you read from an entry-level, minimally experienced employee. Ask a person who actually knows the company instead.

You guys are great, keep it up!

Best manager I've ever had

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ZocDoc has provided me with some of the best experiences, training, and friendships I could ask for. I love coming to work every day because I know I have the support of an awesome team with a manager who has years of experience in the industry. I couldn't ask for a better working environment.

Cons

We have free lunch everyday with is awesome, but I wish some of the hot lunch items were healthier. We do have a pretty good salad selection, though.

Continue hiring great people, especially in management roles.

Very inspiring, high energy, high performance working environment

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

If you're passionate about revolutionizing healthcare, learn how to smartly think about healthcare, work on cutting edge products and features, learn from the best of the best - then ZocDoc is a great to be.
    ZocDoc cultivates a high-performance team environment that accelerates your own development without putting high pressure onto people. The leadership level is very diverse and inspiring. You'll always find the right person to approach for different matters.

Cons

I really enjoy working at ZocDoc and there's nothing I would want change about it - besides hiring more highly talented people

keep pushing the limits when it comes to get a better healthcare experience to all patients out there!

Doesn't get much better than this!

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free lunch, free dinner and a ride home if you stay late, free healthcare, cell-phone reimbursement, stock options, flexible hours, open vacation policy, amazing culture, and unlimited growth opportunities. Need I say more?

Cons

The pay is a bit lower than market standard, but with all of the benefits and perks, it more than evens out.

Keep driving toward improvement in all areas of the company. I've seen so much positive change in the year and a half that I've been here, and I hope we keep up the momentum.

Refreshingly challenging work

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love coming into the office every day because I'm energized by the work that we do here. I enjoy being challenged to create new processes and help scale old processes to accommodate our rapid growth. It also feels great to know that you're helping millions of patients access gain access to healthcare each day.

Cons

Fixing a broken healthcare system isn't an easy task. We work long hours, and on tight deadlines. This is not a job where you can skate by.

I appreciate all of the mentorship I've received and hope that I continue to get more opportunities to learn and grow.

ZocDoc Provides Opportunities

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ZocDoc has always been incredibly supportive of me even from day 1, which is why I have stayed at ZocDoc to develop my career. This was my first job out of college, and I had no idea what to expect from the workforce. I walked into an incredibly welcoming and encouraging environment, which surprised me. I had always thought I would end up in a different industry, but after being enveloped into the warm culture and being surrounded by awesome people, I knew I had found a gem that I couldn't give up.

Since my time at ZocDoc, I've had the opportunity to change teams and even develop a team of my own. My managers have always been incredibly supportive of not only me as a person but also my career. They see opportunities for me to develop and have brought them to me to see how I feel about them. I know this is an incredibly rare situation as most people have to ask their managers for a raise or a promotion. I'm very thankful of the support system I have here.

I also feel very supported by the Leadership Team. I know that I can voice my opinion and Speak Up to them, and that my voice will be valued and heard. Because of this, I've had many opportunities to suggest changes to processes or to implement new ones. I know this is also incredibly rare.

Like I mentioned above, the people are incredible. They're smart, interesting, creative, innovative, caring and just plain fun. From the outside, I think people get scared by our Work Hard mentality, but it's mostly because we're enjoying what we're doing and we're surrounded by awesome people while we do it. We're having fun while we work, which again, is extremely rare.

Cons

There's always something you want to be doing/developing/brainstorming, but there are only so many hours in the day. I'm prioritizing and re-prioritizing my day, and that can be a little stressful. ZocDoc is challenging and pushes you to be the best. That's what I wanted in a company/career and what I signed up for, but you definitely have to have that mind set and be ready for it. Otherwise, I think people can be overwhelmed if they're not ready to be challenged.

I think we're doing a great job of keeping our culture as we continue to grow. I think the more ways we can engage our team members and make them feel as connected as possible (leadership team/different offices/departments) the stronger and better our company will be as a whole. I think people will feel more connected to the leaders as well as their fellow peers and from that they will feel more ingrained into the company's vision & mission.

Looking Forward to What's Next

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc (less than an year)

Pros

Working at ZocDoc has been a really great learning experience so far. The team here is really smart and kind. It feels like a family. I feel really lucky to be a part of the enormous growth and I can't wait to see what else we've got in store.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of too many. We work really hard here and the hours are long sometimes but the fact that I can take time off when I need it is totally worth it.

Exciting place to be!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've grown a ton both personally and professionally at ZocDoc. The company is full of caring and extremely sharp people, which makes for a continuous learning experience. There are a lot of opportunities for those who perform. For example, I was recently offered the chance to join a newly-created team. I took the chance and it's been amazing. I see that happening more and more as the business has been growing like crazy. It's an exciting place to be!

Cons

One downside of working with ambitious type A people is that projects can suffer from "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome

Increase transparency around compensation. It's unclear what the process for salary increases is and also what the value of stock options are

The beginning of a better healthcare experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's well known that the benefits of working for ZocDoc are incredible: paid healthcare, free lunch, unlimited vacation days, etc. The company truly puts a lot of consideration into it's employees. It's a fun environment with a lot of talented and intelligent individuals. I am constantly challenged by the work everyone puts forth and strive to push myself even further.

Everyone has the opportunity to share their ideas and thoughts on how to improve our existing processes. Given the ability to express your thoughts, you are able to pave a personalized path of growth and advancement for yourself within the company; with the right attitude towards work and dedication of course! It's part of what makes the ZocDoc culture such an awesome thing to be a part of. ZocDoc is a truly unique environment filled with the opportunity to learn, grow and enhance yourself!

Cons

The perks are incredible but expect to work hard. Hours can be long but it's never without purpose. The ability to grow is demonstrated regularly.

Continue to be open to feedback and working with your employees about their personal goals and growth. It's a significantly desirable attribute in this company.