ZocDoc

Updated November 26, 2014
3.5

ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people (in 20 reviews)

• There is a lot of access for upper management, and some really great people here (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life (in 10 reviews)

• Long hours, steep learning curve for new hires (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

ZocDoc Provides Opportunities

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

ZocDoc has always been incredibly supportive of me even from day 1, which is why I have stayed at ZocDoc to develop my career. This was my first job out of college, and I had no idea what to expect from the workforce. I walked into an incredibly welcoming and encouraging environment, which surprised me. I had always thought I would end up in a different industry, but after being enveloped into the warm culture and being surrounded by awesome people, I knew I had found a gem that I couldn't give up.

Since my time at ZocDoc, I've had the opportunity to change teams and even develop a team of my own. My managers have always been incredibly supportive of not only me as a person but also my career. They see opportunities for me to develop and have brought them to me to see how I feel about them. I know this is an incredibly rare situation as most people have to ask their managers for a raise or a promotion. I'm very thankful of the support system I have here.

I also feel very supported by the Leadership Team. I know that I can voice my opinion and Speak Up to them, and that my voice will be valued and heard. Because of this, I've had many opportunities to suggest changes to processes or to implement new ones. I know this is also incredibly rare.

Like I mentioned above, the people are incredible. They're smart, interesting, creative, innovative, caring and just plain fun. From the outside, I think people get scared by our Work Hard mentality, but it's mostly because we're enjoying what we're doing and we're surrounded by awesome people while we do it. We're having fun while we work, which again, is extremely rare.

Cons

There's always something you want to be doing/developing/brainstorming, but there are only so many hours in the day. I'm prioritizing and re-prioritizing my day, and that can be a little stressful. ZocDoc is challenging and pushes you to be the best. That's what I wanted in a company/career and what I signed up for, but you definitely have to have that mind set and be ready for it. Otherwise, I think people can be overwhelmed if they're not ready to be challenged.

I think we're doing a great job of keeping our culture as we continue to grow. I think the more ways we can engage our team members and make them feel as connected as possible (leadership team/different offices/departments) the stronger and better our company will be as a whole. I think people will feel more connected to the leaders as well as their fellow peers and from that they will feel more ingrained into the company's vision & mission.

Looking Forward to What's Next

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc (less than an year)

Pros

Working at ZocDoc has been a really great learning experience so far. The team here is really smart and kind. It feels like a family. I feel really lucky to be a part of the enormous growth and I can't wait to see what else we've got in store.

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of too many. We work really hard here and the hours are long sometimes but the fact that I can take time off when I need it is totally worth it.

Exciting place to be!

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've grown a ton both personally and professionally at ZocDoc. The company is full of caring and extremely sharp people, which makes for a continuous learning experience. There are a lot of opportunities for those who perform. For example, I was recently offered the chance to join a newly-created team. I took the chance and it's been amazing. I see that happening more and more as the business has been growing like crazy. It's an exciting place to be!

Cons

One downside of working with ambitious type A people is that projects can suffer from "too many cooks in the kitchen" syndrome

Increase transparency around compensation. It's unclear what the process for salary increases is and also what the value of stock options are

The beginning of a better healthcare experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It's well known that the benefits of working for ZocDoc are incredible: paid healthcare, free lunch, unlimited vacation days, etc. The company truly puts a lot of consideration into it's employees. It's a fun environment with a lot of talented and intelligent individuals. I am constantly challenged by the work everyone puts forth and strive to push myself even further.

Everyone has the opportunity to share their ideas and thoughts on how to improve our existing processes. Given the ability to express your thoughts, you are able to pave a personalized path of growth and advancement for yourself within the company; with the right attitude towards work and dedication of course! It's part of what makes the ZocDoc culture such an awesome thing to be a part of. ZocDoc is a truly unique environment filled with the opportunity to learn, grow and enhance yourself!

Cons

The perks are incredible but expect to work hard. Hours can be long but it's never without purpose. The ability to grow is demonstrated regularly.

Continue to be open to feedback and working with your employees about their personal goals and growth. It's a significantly desirable attribute in this company.

Coming from a huge company, this is the place to be.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

Having worked at a few large corporate institutions, I can confidently say that working at ZocDoc was best decision I've made thus far in my career. My ideas were heard and was actually making an impact at a company whose mission I could support. I've since relocated, but carry with me the amazing experiences I had there.

Cons

Compensation was a lower than I had received previously, but considering that growth opportunities were everywhere, the trade-off was worth it.

Continue challenging yourself to improve. It will take the company far.

Hard work pays off

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been at ZocDoc for just about one year. Overall, I love this place. Yes, this is a tough sales role - but if you work hard you can and WILL make great money. Not to mention the awesome office in Soho, free lunch, incredible benefits and the best coworkers I've ever had.

As with any fast growing company there are always opportunities to move to a role that would be a better fit or get a promotion.

Cons

This is not a job where you can slack off and be successful. The top performers put in extra hours prospecting and finding the right doctors to call.

Continue to provide more tools that sales reps can use to make the sale easier.

The juice is worth the squeeze

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly hard working and smart people working towards a common goal. Many doors have opened for me and my coworkers are like family! I learn something new every day and am challenged.

Cons

It is hard work - you will be challenged. Providing a service to doctors is challenging.

Keep on developing your people! We have a solid mission and need to keep our eyes on the prize

Working with the best team

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I worked at ZocDoc for over 2 years, and I was consistently amazed by the incredible team that I worked with. The company mission and the team is what kept me coming to work every day.

Cons

Training and on-boarding could be smoother. Employees are expected to hit the ground running and managers don't always have the time to adequately train against such a steep learning curve.

Lively workplace, challenging work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There's always really positive, fun energy in the office and the people are great. You can't really beat free food and healthcare. I've worked incredibly hard and have been able to grow in my time here. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

Work-life balance has been a struggle at times. The bar is set high and management expects a lot from their teams. Turnover is high on the sales team.

Great Company!

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Great company and great product!

Cons

Can sometimes be restricted to only working with certain doctors in certain areas.

Keep moving forward.