ZocDoc Reviews

Updated October 15, 2014
3.2

ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people (in 19 reviews)

• There is a lot of access for upper management, and some really great people here (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life (in 9 reviews)

• Long hours, steep learning curve for new hires (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

Get out what you put in.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I have worked at ZocDoc now for 4 months. Commission structure is amazing. I have been killing it, already earned almost 20k in commission's alone. I am not a recruiter, I'm an ISE. Look it up. As for the negative reviews, they are just a bunch weak people, that can't sell. Work life balance, are you kidding me. You have weekends off, and put in 8-10 hour days max. For this kind of pay and lax work environment, these people must be kidding.

Cons

You actually have to try. If you are going to be a sales rep, then there are no cons.

Management improves every month. This is a young company, but does a great job of listening to employees to improve workplace.

Fake Reviews

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing except free food, only would recommend, (barely) if you are right out of school and cant get a job.

Cons

These positive reviews are so obviously written by the recruiters, it is comical to us that worked here. Not saying there are not a few people that have great territories that like their job but if you look at the way some reviews are written it is so clear it is a recruiter saying how great it is but it is going to take a lot of work. Who actually says that if they are a current or past employee. No work life balance, if you are a young 20 something that has no significant other or kids and needs some "sales" experience with free food and a happy hour every once in awhile you might make it a year.

Sell if you can, product is not as ground breaking as you think.

Great company

Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very good company with a lot of growth opportunity.

Cons

you have to be hard working

keep up the good work

Client Service Representative

Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product and cool people. Free lunch is a huge perk, but then you're expected to never leave the office. If you put in the work you can move up. It's exciting to be a part of a successfully growing company.

Cons

The sales floor is a sweat shop of telemarketers. Do not take this job unless you are 100 percent okay with calling/stalking doctors practices for 10 hours of your day. When interviewing you are not told that you need to reach 60 percent of your quota to earn commission. Also, management can sometimes be inconsistent and immature. You never know who will get fired since the CSRs are not valued and the turnover rate is so high.

Great place to work hard, grow quickly, and have fun doing it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at ZocDoc has been an incredible opportunity for me since starting over a year ago. There is a mission and a sense of accomplishment in all of the work that we do here, and what's more, there is every opportunity for growth. Be prepared to learn more than you ever thought possible from an incredible team you won't find anywhere else.

Cons

The downsides are fairly common across most companies this size. Expect long hours and a few growing pains in process management.

I would love to see more focus placed on training as a way to continue to help employees grow.

Great mission, lots of growth for people who want to build

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been at the company for more than two years, and they have always done right by me. ZocDoc is a meritocracy and the company supports and invests in the people who invest in it. It's a great place for people who like to raise their hand to take on new and interesting challenges, helping ZocDoc grow while their grow their professional skill set as well. The company is committed to developing leaders internally, making sure that great people can find new challenges here across departments. The leadership team sincerely cares about its employees and seems to spend a lot of time thinking about how to make ZocDoc even better. The people here are amazing - sharp, humble, collaborative, challenging, and caring.

The business model actually works and the service we provide is honestly a great one. The vision of the company is much bigger than online appointment scheduling, and I believe we're just getting started.

For people who want to build something, try new things, and pave the way, they shouldn't hesitate to climb aboard. For people who want to do the same job day in, day out, clock in, clock out, maintain the status quo - probably better to go to a big corporation without any fire in the belly.

Cons

Much of the staff - especially Sales - is pretty green and they have no idea just how good they have it here! The company is definitely still learning how to operate at its size, but Leadership seems to be invested in getting it right, hearing how they can improve, and learning as they grow. This hypergrowth could also be a pro, for people who want a front row seat to watching (and shaping) how a company successfully scales.

Keep listening to employees, investing in the culture, and don't lose site of our mission.

Smart company, poor morale

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working alongside very talented, driven, smart people. Admirable mission and impactful, well-respected product. Great benefits.

Cons

Disorganized, cut-throat, poor internal communication. Low pay for what they expect from employees. No work-life balance. Unapproachable management and executive team. Constant state of emergency and panic. Low integrity. Lots of broken processes.

Pay attention to feedback on culture. Celebrate victories more, and model work-life balance. Invest time in valuing and developing current employees vs. just hiring. Be more self-aware. Avoid hitting the panic button constantly.

Smilin and Dialin

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

No job security, not great training

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great management, which is really supportive. And great perks and benefits

Cons

Salary can be a little better, but everything is really great overall.

keep doing what your doing

Just a number

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people

Cons

the hours are insane, no work/life balance. The managment is terrible and some are just inept. You are treated as nothing more than a number and the turnover is incredibly high