ZocDoc Reviews

Reset
3.4
ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch, great healthcare benefits (in 22 reviews)

• The company is committed to developing leaders internally, making sure that great people can find new challenges here across departments (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance has been a struggle at times (in 10 reviews)

• I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company (in 11 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Inside Sales Executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Healthcare 100% covered
    -Free lunch
    -Culture is great
    -Growing office where promotions are available
    -Competitive atmosphere
    -Competitive comp plan

Cons

-If you are not here to work hard and make money its not for you

2. Hardest Job yet the most rewarding

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great culture, very talented people at ZocDoc in Phoenix. can't beat free lunch and fully paid for benefits. The sale is a tough one but the new comp plan is amazing if you are someone who decides to bust your butt and work hard. Cold calling is a must, that won't go away. Recently they have outlined the path to make six figures and it's very doable. i love that ! lots of cool perks too like prizes weekly and dinners out for the top performers.

Cons

It's a hunters game so if you slow down one month it feels like you are left in the dust and that messes with your mind a bit. flavor of the month is common but isn't that all sales ? turn over used to be high but it has slowed down a ton in the last 6 months sine the new comp and Performance plan was outlined.

Advice to Management

Management, keep supporting us to get more sales. Bring back the led gen dept to help us out with pre set meetings. stop reinventing the wheel every two months with a new script or plan of attack. would love to see a more clear cut path to improvement from newbie to senior sales guy. i.e. these are the skills you should master and here is how. then again i haven't seen that at any company.

3. This place is ridiculous - They look good in public, but sucks in private.

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company on the books, but secretly they are ridiculous & phony behind closed doors.

Cons

They make recruiting so difficult by asking you ridiculous questions that they wouldn't even ask themselves or even know how to answer. They want to challenge you to think, but they cannot even think for themselves. They need mindless people to do it for them. The culture is white, narrow minded politics with no to very little diversity at all.

Advice to Management

Wake-up and smell the coffee!

5. Operations Associate

Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Norra Nyckelhult (Sweden)
    Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Norra Nyckelhult (Sweden)

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, better than average compensation, degree not required, meals/meal allowance provided, health insurance for part-time employees who work 30+ hours, classes and development resources provided by the company (even for part time! crazy!), great leadership and growth, feeling of camaraderie, personal growth, truly wonderful people

Cons

My contract requires that I work 20 hours. Sometimes I'd prefer to work as little as that per week, but usually the expectation is that you'll work at least 25 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Keep being awesome! I've learned so much from our management team and team leads. People from every department make themselves available to support you or even just chat.

6. Operations

Current Employee - Manager in Pune (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Pune (India)

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

ZocDoc is one of the best places I have worked at. The culture is amazing. Everyone in the company and especially in the Operations Department is truly encouraged to live our core values. Learning, growth, passion and "speak up" are genuinely appreciated. The company really takes care of you and one feels empowered to be able to achieve great results!

Cons

I can't think of a single one. People who complain about ZocDoc are spoilt and entitled. They need to grow up and do whatever they need to to fix the issues.

Advice to Management

Love you guys...especially Anna Elwood, Oliver Kharraz and Cyrus Massoumi!

HORRIBLE

I worked at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

This company has no pros, it's not good and I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it

Cons

Pressured to work long hours, no holiday bonuses, poor compensation, no summer hours

Advice to Management

You're not a start up anymore, stop acting like it and grow up

8. Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours. Great Benefits. Great Comp plan.

Cons

Very tough sale - not meant for the customer service reps who parade as a sales rep. A different type of sale so not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Training needs to have more structure to it and be consistent.

The Best

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Zocdoc is by far the best place I have ever worked. Currently I don't have a college degree and for whatever reason they took a chance with me. I would not be where i am today without this company. The work environment is amazing and i have never worked with a better group of people. Plus the benefits and free lunch don't hurt.

Cons

Especially at the beginning they expect a lot. If you don't like to grind this place isn't for you.

Advice to Management

I think overall especially in the first 6 months of employment the expectations need to be a little more realistic.

10. Great company

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great company to work for as long as you are a born salesperson and do not mind working hard. I am at the office about 10 hours a day (by choice), and I do extra work while I am at home. In order to be successful, you need to put the time and energy in. The base is very respectful and the bonus payout is AMAZING. It makes you want to work extra hard. Over all you can tell that they care about their employees: health benefits are FREE and they serve FREE lunch daily.

Cons

Like other sales jobs, your job is on the line... every month. You need to sell a certain amount every month or you are put on a PDP. They do not really let you have one bad month... you need to be on your game every month. This is quite stressful. I wish that they were a little more forgiving and didnt jump the gun and put you on a PDP so quickly.

Advice to Management

In sales, everyone will have a bad month every so often. Dont be so quick to put your hard working employees on a PDP so quickly. Not every sales person reacts well to a PDP. Many sales people will shut down and give up. Maybe its time to find a new approach. Maybe wait until they are continuously having bad months.... then make those decisions.

11. Great culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

The start-up culture is fantastic, and you get free lunch every day in the New York office, plus unlimited snacks and drinks, which is great. The people in my department are wonderful, the managers are great, and they're always looking for ways to make employees happy.

Cons

The pay is very low (lower than comparable part-time positions, as well as compared with full-time at ZocDoc), and they are still working out how to most effectively organize management of certain teams.

RSS Feed </> Embed