ZocDoc

Live to work

Current Employee - zocdoc in New York, NY
    Current Employee - zocdoc in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits, fun people

Cons

60-80 hour work week, 0 work life balance, poor lead management, upper management lacks experience in sales.

master your craft

Not for everybody

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Good benefits for employees. . Great start up

Cons

Expectations too high when management wasn't setting the standard for hard work

Sales Positions

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

THUMBS UP!!! You will be very fortunate if you can survive the 10 week boot camp. Why? Because you will be smarter and stronger - and you will gleam from it! Great teams, great staff that mix motivation with vision. Forbes rates best place to work. This is a kind of hit the floor running place where its only suited for the pros or those with an inner burning desire to succeed. High-tech Top quality product would require no less.

Attributes: Make work fun! Own it! And us before me! And I like to say, recognize the opportunity and be prepared to take a massive amount of action to get you to your goals.

I love it here for many reasons, one of which is because I was previously an account manager for an international online trading brokerage. I feel much better about the service I am providing because it really is changing and saving millions of peoples experience with healthcare, their health and in many cases, their lives. l'm proud that I can now utilize and harness my power of influence and persuasion and good will into something more ethical and that truly brings a tremendous value to our communities and to our world. I wish you all the success!

Cons

You might not like it

Don't worry too much about college degrees for account management/sales positions.

Very inspiring, high energy, high performance working environment

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

If you're passionate about revolutionizing healthcare, learn how to smartly think about healthcare, work on cutting edge products and features, learn from the best of the best - then ZocDoc is a great to be.
    ZocDoc cultivates a high-performance team environment that accelerates your own development without putting high pressure onto people. The leadership level is very diverse and inspiring. You'll always find the right person to approach for different matters.

Cons

I really enjoy working at ZocDoc and there's nothing I would want change about it - besides hiring more highly talented people

keep pushing the limits when it comes to get a better healthcare experience to all patients out there!

A start up moving into an established company.

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Benefits package that they created

Cons

Resources are still strained like a start up

Best Place to Work

Current Employee - ISE in New York, NY
    Current Employee - ISE in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

best benefits, best people, best opportunity for growth.

Cons

All the accusations being made right now about sexual harassment, mice, etc are utter B.S. It's no coincidence that these things come out the second the company raises its valuation to over a billion dollars. The people supporting these accusations get hired, work 3-4 months, quit and then try to cash in. It's disgusting. Bottom line- don't believe everything you read from an entry-level, minimally experienced employee. Ask a person who actually knows the company instead.

You guys are great, keep it up!

Zoc doc hell

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

The benefits
    The free lunch

Cons

They over promise your salary

Let those who work hard progress

Needs improvement

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

ZocDoc builds a real product and if that is what you enjoy this is a good place for you to consider.

Cons

I do not work in sales. Most posters have discussed some of the problems associated with this work environment. In my case, the consequence for me of working here was that it contributed to the development of a chronic health condition I learned I had which was devastating for me. This place is for young people in perfect health it seems and practicing some ageism in treating older folks who don't keep pace seems standard practice (since they can't work around the clock and have varying life situations to deal with). Of course it's hard to expect anyone here to understand this when so few people have yet to face this in their lives. As many posters point out his is a place for young folks.

If you come to work here, expect to order your life around the work environment. There is no negotiation on this point or understanding individual situations which is the biggest complaint I have compared to other places where they don't expect work to be your life. There is also no recognition of the humanity of a situation even during some recent disasters. If you enjoy going at 100mph, doing too much, developing tunnel vision, without a solid disaster recovery process, expect this result.

ZocDoc has elements of many good environment and elements of some bad environments. Unfortunately the good wasn't enough to outweigh the bad. Free health insurance is great but if you can't find time to take care of yourself then it doesn't matter - insurance won't fix it. In the end it boils down to a place where your success is binary in the beginning. You either fit in, do well or you don't and leave. Once established you have some latitude but don't expect you'll have real help along the way. There is no middle ground. Maybe a time will come where people understand the value of such things as process, prioritization, proper project management, and all the other bad words used in the non-startup world or maybe just keep going thinking product is all that matters. A lot of people left bigger slower companies to come here looking for a better environment and do what they love. In the end you are just a small "big" company with the same politics.

There is quite a bit of blame the failure from some of these posts I notice. While many posters had valid positive experiences at ZocDoc this does not detract from the fact the negative experiences are equally valid. It's quite disappointing to see many people think that there was some personal failure of the an individual without realizing they are equally culpable for being brainwashed. This job is not someone's life work and no one sets out to fail (why is this not obvious?). Did you help people you hired reach their goals, not just your goals, or were you an obstacle (in the end an inconsequential one) to helping them get there?

Don't leave your great paying job for this place!!! Lesson learned!

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Daily catered lunch
    Great snacks
    Healthcare benefits
    Laptop
    Cell phone
    Happy hour Fridays

Cons

If you don't hit your quota, you're fired! Simply as that.

It doesn't matter that you work from 7am to 7pm

It doesn't matter that the recruiter lied to you to get you hired

It doesn't matter that your territory sucks and that you are completely set up to fail in that territory ... Nothing matters to them but quota and you can be the Best Golden Child there with exceeding quota but if you don't hit one month, YOU ARE FIRED. Period!

Quit letting go good reps. At the rate you're going, you'll run through every good sales rep in NYC before the year is out. Then you'll only have the 5 stars in the office that call major cities

Wouldn't recomend this job to anyone...

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Work from home, get to fly to NY for a week for training.

Cons

Everything else.. They pitch the job as med sales, spending 5 years in this arena before going to ZocDoc I can promise you it's far from it. Very transactional, high pressure sale. I'd equate it to working for the yellow pages or another similar lead gen service.

Find a better job to manage at

ZocDoc Photos