ZocDoc Reviews

Reset

Fast-Paced, Sometimes Emotionally Challenging

Former Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is the best I've ever worked with, across the board. They were the reason I stayed as long as I did. I felt like I was making a difference by helping users, and the perks were pretty nice – free lunch, dinners when you worked late, endless vacation.

Cons

Due to how quickly things are moving, they aren't highly concerned with keeping any sort of work life balance. I learned early on that they don't prioritize that at any level, and you have to keep strict standards to maintain your sanity. I also worked in a position that required a lot of work with disgruntled users, and ended up apologizing well over 100 times a day – that really didn't feel great – and often felt like I was fighting an uphill battle to make sure that I was getting the support from management to do my job (which was to make sure these customers left happy).

Advice to Management

Think long term – don't burn your team out today and worry about it tomorrow. If you're going to openly discuss and rely on company values, follow through on them even in instances when it works against profits. Occasionally, when you see that someone is overworked, remind them that it is totally ok to go home and take care of themselves – you'll keep a better team for longer.

2. Awesome team!

Current Employee - Technical Operations Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Operations Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Tech Ops team has some of the brightest, friendliest, talented individuals I've ever worked with. Working on technology that is built in house is challenging, but the team is incredibly helpful and supportive. Not only are the new people learning, but I continue to learn new things every day! The growth opportunities in this company are incredible, and management meets with team members on an individual basis often to ensure that progress is being made toward long term goals. When looking at the company as a whole, the benefits are great (free lunch everyday, breakfast on Fridays, healthy snacks and beverages; incredible insurance coverage that isn't deducted from your paycheck; cell phone bill covered; among many other things!)

Cons

There are times when the work/life balance has been difficult for individuals. Most projects are handled outside of business hours, so your creative time can be somewhat limited.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on developing individuals and helping them reach their goals.

Work hard play hard grow quickly

Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing culture. You control how much money you make (uncapped). Growth & advancement opportunities are here! Benefits are 100% covered. Open vacation policy. Cool office with happy hours, lunch everyday, snacks. Also, brand new training problem is amazing!!!

Cons

Nothing. Work hard, play hard. If you aren't competitive, money hungry, or have a go-getter mentality, go somewhere else. People who complain about the turnover have no self-discipline and have probably failed to meet their quota.

Advice to Management

Make sure whoever is moving into management is ready to take that leap. I've never had a problem with management. I like the "speak up" mentality. Surveys are constantly going to to employees asking about ways to improve the management. I like to know that my opinion is valued.

Good, not great

I worked at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

Decent salary, environment, free lunch, cool contests and competitions, weekly happy hours

Cons

burn through sales people at a ridiculous rate, very territory based, if you have a crap territory, you will not last long.

Advice to Management

Company is growing at an incredible rate, so my advice wouldn't really matter

This place is ridiculous - They look good in public, but sucks in private.

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company on the books, but secretly they are ridiculous & phony behind closed doors.

Cons

They make recruiting so difficult by asking you ridiculous questions that they wouldn't even ask themselves or even know how to answer. They want to challenge you to think, but they cannot even think for themselves. They need mindless people to do it for them. The culture is white, narrow minded politics with no to very little diversity at all.

Advice to Management

Wake-up and smell the coffee!

Very Tech Start Upy

Current Employee - Technical Operations Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Operations Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and laid back environment Clear path for promotions Free health care Free Lunches and snack Up to $100 of cell phone bill is covered by them

Cons

This company wants you to be 110% all the time. It can be exhausting at times.

HORRIBLE

I worked at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

This company has no pros, it's not good and I hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it, hate it

Cons

Pressured to work long hours, no holiday bonuses, poor compensation, no summer hours

Advice to Management

You're not a start up anymore, stop acting like it and grow up

Loved the company culture, hated the lack of job security

Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great innovative company culture. Lots of employee perks with job. Constantly changing start-up company experiencing rapid growth. Very competitive sales department (great if you're looking for that. Opportunities for upward mobility if you are willing to put in the time and hours (and if you get a decent territory)

Cons

Constant employee turnover, absolutely no job security if you work in sales. I was there for 7 months, and at least half of the sales staff that was there when I was hired was gone within the first 2 months. By the time I left 5 months later only 3-4 of the original employees remained. The company seems to think that rather than offer further training to their current employees and fostering and building talent, it is much more efficient to fire/hire constantly. Also, the commission structure is somewhat misleading, do not count on making the commission. Also the metrics for quotas can be very difficult to meet, and they are non-negotiable, have a bad 2 months and you're out.

Advice to Management

Build a strong, solid training program in order to set your employees up for success, rather than constantly hiring/firing your sales team.

sales

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc (Less than a year)

Pros

There really aren't many pluses to talk about. Lunch for free but they are cutting back on that too. Not much more to say here.

Cons

Very tough company to work for. Management is ill equipped and poorly structured. The turn over rate is extremely high. Hrs are very long and no work/life balance.

Best career move

Pros

Challenging work, incredible people, great culture, and a product/vision I believe in.

Cons

There can be a lack of structure. Execs tend to have major scope creep in their initiatives.

RSS Feed </> Embed