ZocDoc Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

You have to make work your life

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great People
    Great Benefits
    Catered Lunch everyday

Cons

Salary is abismal - not enough to live off of in New York
    No growth opportunity despite the fact that it is promised
    You have to make work your life - 60-70 hour work weeks

2. Inside Sales Executive

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Above average salary starting as an Inside Sales Executive, great free lunch, totally free insurance, located in Soho cool area to be in.

Cons

have to dial over 100 #s a day to get any access, a lot of differences in territories as far as the ability to succeed in a specific territory your assigned, not much training on SalesForce, When doctors come off of the service they cut your commission so its hard to make $ consistently (doctors often discontinue the service), if you don't bring in a specific # of doctors they put you on a Performance plan which is almost impossible to get off of and if you make it off its eminent you will not make it 2-3 months afterwards. Constant pressure and monitoring of your call time and dials somewhat "micro-managed".

Advice to Management

Have a more structured outbound phone sales strategy... Calling the same doctors over and over is making them not want to work with us. Also make the comp structure so we don't lose money we earned.

3. A fun company filled with enthusiastic people!

Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're working with a team of caring people towards helping patients get their very important healthcare needs met. Everyone is solution-oriented, too, which means the company is constantly growing and developing more opportunities for employees. It's great for people just out of college, those who need a flexible schedule, or people working other jobs to supplement their income.

Cons

The starting hourly for this position is on the low side and there are no benefits (besides 5 sick days) for part-timers, even for those who average 30 or more hours a week.

Leadership doesn't lead, it enforces

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

- Location in Soho
    - Work with some very smart people, often the best and brightest that were lured in by the potential to fix healthcare
    - Free lunch (don't expect anything fancy, though)
    - If you're willing to put your head down and work hard, you'll be successful (or at least be able to stay a while)

Cons

- Lack of company strategy: many times different departments will be working on things that contradict each other, or working on the same problem from different angles. Lots of wasted effort
    - SO MANY MEETINGS: not much gets done between 8:30am-5pm other than meetings if your in Engineering / Ops Management / Marketing / Sales Operations
    - Undervalued mid-level employees: If you have an opinion that is difficult to execute on or not what the executive team wants to hear, you're pushed to the side unless you happen to catch them on a good day (rarely happens).
    - Work-life balance in Sales is non-existent, unless you want to get fired
    - Very high attrition: the joke around the office is that you don't bother to get to know someone until they've actually made it there for 3 months
    - Relationships with leadership is transactional: they're very self-serving, so don't take the time to think about professional development and employee satisfaction with the job (the free snacks and lunch are a ploy)
    - Metrics, not people-driven: lose sight of long term success and employee happiness in favor of short term revenue and cost savings

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who aren't directors. Just because they don't have MBAs or medical degrees doesn't mean their opinions mean less. Value your people more, because many of them have connections that run deep in the org and outside. ZocDoc is not building a good brand for itself as a company any young go-getter would want to work for unless they're interested in shutting up and working.

Great people!

Current Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best part of this job is the people you get to work with. They are the kindest most hard working people you will come across. I love that I get to help people and no day is the same. There is always something new to learn and I have gained an incredible amount of useful skills.

Cons

The work is challenging but very fulfilling. Things change very quickly and you have to be on your toes to keep up!

Advice to Management

Keep asking for feedback from employees. It is one thing I greatly appreciate we constantly do. You ask feedback about everything, so keep doing so!

The best job I have ever had!

Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Patient Operations Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am 21 years old, in my last semester of college, and am currently a Patient Operations Associate with ZocDoc. Coming from a college student perspective, this company is so amazing! They offer really flexible hours that work with your school schedule and a seamless transition from part-time to full-time if you want to continue with the company. When you go full-time you receive really impressive benefits, but part-time still has options for life insurance and a 401k. You also have free catered lunch every day and unlimited vacation time. The amount of opportunity you are given within the company is truly astounding and the culture is off the charts awesome. The big thing that continues to surprise me is that there are no office politics like in other businesses. Those who deserve to move up do and those who don't do not, but with management always there to guide you and help you it is pretty much impossible not to succeed. This company makes you want to do better and be better and you are acknowledged and rewarded for your hard work. I have grown as a person and as an employee so much in the 9 months that I have been with ZocDoc.

Cons

Trying to think of cons is a challenge... training is a little short for Patient Operation Associates (around 4 days), but all of the other employees take you under their wing to show you the ropes and you're still getting paid hourly while you train. Work/life balance is no issue for part-time employees. That's really all I can think of.

Advice to Management

N/A

Fast paced company with unique work environment.

Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ZocDoc has the best healthcare benefits by far. There's also lots of opportunity for professional growth and development for those who are willing to focus and work smart. The company culture is like nothing I've experience in other jobs before. I almost always feel supported by my team, even when we disagree.

Cons

This company always has aggressive goals and is very selective in the hiring process to make sure they're hiring the most ambitious individuals to meet these goals. This means that I always have deep respect for the individuals I work with, but that also means that this is always a competitive environment. Some people don't like this. There's definitely no time to coast here.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the growth opportunities I've had thus far. These growth opportunities seem to decrease once an individual reaches a management position. I would love more formal training and development opportunities at the leadership level so I can learn new skill sets that will help me and my team members be more effective and move forward career-wise.

Great company, great culture!

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I love about ZocDoc is the leadership team and the managers that I work with! I have never had access to senior leaders in a size of organization as ZocDoc and we have consistent meetings to discuss progress and concerns. To have this kind of support is huge. I love coming to work every day because we make work fun, we work hard and I work with a great team. Of course the salary and benefits help make this "The Best Job I have Ever Had"!!

We also have some amazing perks!! 100% paid healthcare, cell phone allowance, free catered lunches and snacks, open vacation policy, and competitive compensation!

Cons

If you cant handle change and can adapt quickly, you won't be successful here. We're a growing organization and things are always changing.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees! This is one of the things that makes our culture unique in that you encourage employees to speak up.

The Wild West

I worked at ZocDoc full-time

Pros

They are trying to change healthcare. Move fast, break things. A taste of Silicon Valley on the east coast

Cons

If you are not young, male, and graduated from a top school expect to have a tough time here. There is harassment in the workplace and marginalized groups are mistreated (i.e. you will not find success in this culture without sacrificing enormously). While this is not a problem specific to ZocDoc as they may just trying to emulate what they see success, it still isn't an excuse.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes. If you want to be successful start by implementing policies in the workplace to treat everyone fairly and keep harassment out. Surely you've read the recent high profile news pieces and other studies about how companies with a proper human resource department were nearly 40 percent less likely to fail and nearly 40 percent more likely to go public.

Great Experience - Great inside Sales Team

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location, Opportunity, Career Advancement, Knowledge

Cons

work life balance, hours of operation, skillset required

Advice to Management

Great

RSS Feed </> Embed