ZocDoc

Updated December 21, 2014
3.6

ZocDoc Founder & CEO Cyrus Massoumi
Cyrus Massoumi

Pros
  • Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people (in 22 reviews)

• There is a lot of access for upper management, and some really great people here (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-Life Balance - They expect you to make work your life (in 10 reviews)

• I've never seen such a high turnover for sales people than this company (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Sexual harassment, lie to doctors, unprofessional, uneducated boys club says it all for ZocDoc!

Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free health benefits, free cell phone, catered lunch.

Cons

Sexual harassment
    Rat poop on every desk everyday
    Revolving door for new hires
    Inexperienced management
    Unprofessional
    Upper management not involved with salespeople
    Unethical moral conduct
    Lie to doctors
    ZocDoc is all smoke and mirrors as a company to work for
    Cheated out of sales

Get involved ASAP

FOR SALES REPS-Positive reviews are Misleading and I'm NOT a disgruntled employee

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Health Benefits
    Free Lunch and Snacks
    Casual Dress Code

Cons

MY EXPERIENCE WORKING HERE WAS IN THE SALES DEPARTMENT and I can't give an honest review on any other business unit. The person that said "everyone writing negative reviews has been fired and couldn't cut it," may be true in some cases but not mine. I was the only person to actually close a deal in training and had been successful in inside sales for years before coming.

This was the worst place I've ever worked and I was purposefully mislead from the start when a recruiter contacted me. Shortly after being hired, I realized the many issues with the way this company is ran. As a successful sales rep throughout my career and an immediate standout in their training class, it was obvious that this position is only appropriate for someone right out of college. I left this company after 2 weeks. I realized that there is no opportunity for growth at this company and anyone in the world can do this kind of work. Any evidence that you may know a thing or two about selling,inside sales, prospecting etc. will be seen as a threat by the sales trainer and his boss.

I made a mistake leaving a job to come work at ZocDoc. However, I would advise anyone fresh out of school or with little sales experience to look into the opportunity. If you have any kind of experience or have achieved anything in sales, please stay away. It's hard work and you need to grind out calls but that;s EVERY sales job. It's the company and the PEOPLE that are the real problem here.

Figure out what candidates are appropriate to target and be truthful to them when interviewing. Don't hire successful salespeople and tell them not to use their brain all day....it's their brain that made them successful in the first place. Lastly, evaluate all management and training staff. Yes, they are funny. Yes one of them played pro football. Yes, they both were good salespeople. None of that means they are good managers and definitely not trainers

Sales associate

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Great company fun atmosphere. Colleagues are great.

Cons

Hard to grow in industry and felt like you needed to improve alot

Client Service Representative

Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Origination Associate in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great product and cool people. Free lunch is a huge perk, but then you're expected to never leave the office. If you put in the work you can move up. It's exciting to be a part of a successfully growing company.

Cons

The sales floor is a sweat shop of telemarketers. Do not take this job unless you are 100 percent okay with calling/stalking doctors practices for 10 hours of your day. When interviewing you are not told that you need to reach 60 percent of your quota to earn commission. Also, management can sometimes be inconsistent and immature. You never know who will get fired since the CSRs are not valued and the turnover rate is so high.

Smilin and Dialin

I have been working at ZocDoc

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

No job security, not great training

Account Executive

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great management, which is really supportive. And great perks and benefits

Cons

Salary can be a little better, but everything is really great overall.

keep doing what your doing

Fake Reviews

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nothing except free food, only would recommend, (barely) if you are right out of school and cant get a job.

Cons

These positive reviews are so obviously written by the recruiters, it is comical to us that worked here. Not saying there are not a few people that have great territories that like their job but if you look at the way some reviews are written it is so clear it is a recruiter saying how great it is but it is going to take a lot of work. Who actually says that if they are a current or past employee. No work life balance, if you are a young 20 something that has no significant other or kids and needs some "sales" experience with free food and a happy hour every once in awhile you might make it a year.

Sell if you can, product is not as ground breaking as you think.

Smart company, poor morale

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working alongside very talented, driven, smart people. Admirable mission and impactful, well-respected product. Great benefits.

Cons

Disorganized, cut-throat, poor internal communication. Low pay for what they expect from employees. No work-life balance. Unapproachable management and executive team. Constant state of emergency and panic. Low integrity. Lots of broken processes.

Pay attention to feedback on culture. Celebrate victories more, and model work-life balance. Invest time in valuing and developing current employees vs. just hiring. Be more self-aware. Avoid hitting the panic button constantly.

Just a number

I worked at ZocDoc

Pros

Free lunch and a great way to network with really cool people

Cons

the hours are insane, no work/life balance. The managment is terrible and some are just inept. You are treated as nothing more than a number and the turnover is incredibly high

They butter you up with perks of the place

Former Employee - ISE in New York, NY
    Former Employee - ISE in New York, NY

I worked at ZocDoc full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People are nice, friendly.. atmosphere is good. Obviously free catered lunch and snacks are great for anyone.

Cons

Opportunity to grow is not that great, have to be a brown nose to the right people to get thought of a new opportunity. The turn over is unreal, new people every week. While working there a new position was established and it was horrible. Low pay and nothing great from it, just same work as other position but with more work and more stress. There needs to be better management, some people just DO NOT BELONG IN MANAGEMENT when it comes to sales. soft spoken people do not make a great leader when its a ZocDoc environment and expectations. If you get fired or asked to leave, they walk you out personally, cant go back to your desk to grab your stuff...as if you were a criminal. I get there is technology and people might make scene about losing their job but, give a little more respect after all the hard work.

Better interview process for Sales managers.