Zoetis

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Juan Ramon Alaix

Just like Pfizer, nothing has changed

Office (Current Employee) Kalamazoo, MI

ProsCo-workers are hard working and most are quite intelligent

ConsMost of the employees are from Pfizer, so they brought their disorganized, out of whack way of thinking with them. Lots of contractors doing just as much work as the "colleagues" but we are not treated the same of course. Many groups able to hire, and do but the groups that need it the most (Quality, Operations) are denied with the same song " budget, headcount", so the workload increases, employees are unhappy, and they let go good contractors. Good work life balance with my group, but no communication at all from managers regarding how you are doing.
    Spoiled "lifers" who have no idea how good they have it.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire contractors, staff your business correctly or I predict huge issues with production due to being short staffed and over worked.

Challenging start, great long term opportunities

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Florham Park, NJ

ProsNewly formed company, with opportunity to build processes from the ground up. Very broad possibilities in animal health. Very competitive teams, highly educated. Ideal for seasoned employees with a competitive spirit.

ConsChallenging spin-off, and very political atmosphere. Need to build relationships long before building experience and knowledge base, otherwise you will be left behind. Not much mentoring/guidance therefore not ideal for lower level employees to grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementPhase out political culture.

Production Operator

Production Operator (Current Employee) Longmont, CO

ProsFriendly coworkers, professional site manager, good hours, decent work/life balance. Easy work, potential for movement with the company is there, but not for everybody. Great medical, dental, vision, 401K and stock matching plan for full time employees

ConsBlue collar work if you aren't in the front offices, some physical labor, occasional exposure to antibiotics

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter and more thorough initial training would benefit new hires well

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wonderful people, plagued company

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Florham Park, NJ

ProsThe atmosphere of a leader in the market, you have the freedom to succeed and fail, refreshing creative liberties, great diversity of colleagues, very pleasant people with which to work, very collaborative environment

ConsCrippling politics, poor decision making from leadership, unreasonable time cycles, leadership is cheap with ideas and mentally lazy, too much focus on managing upward, directors spend more effort avoiding responsibility than accepting it

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on developing your mid-level talent than yourselves.

Hope it gets better in the future

Not Willing to Disclose (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThe pros are for my site only. Hard workers, close proximity to my home, able to change when we work as necessary, friendly associate. Has allowed us to update equipment and computer systems.

ConsSlave drivers. Don't care about employees. Expect to work under staffed and with limited supplies. Set impossible goals, provides no support, and then blames us for not completing them. HR is non existent. If your site doesn't make millions of dollars for the company, you don't matter to them. Implement systems just to implement them, takes months longer to complete things that used to take weeks. Does not promote company bonding. You are just a number to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy direct managers are great, the corporate managements needs to get people that care just as much about their employees as they do the bottom line.

Good company in a good industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Florham Park, NJ

Prossalary, benefits, around a lot of high achieving colleagues

Conslots of meetings and travel

Animal Health sales for the top company in the industry

Sales Representative (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsLots of products to sell, decent base salary compensation, "open door" to management

ConsLeadership changes, some disorganization of priorities makes it difficult to focus, no increase in compensation for consistent top performers (capped bonus structure), no cost of living adjustment based on work location??

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on the critical few so the sales force can succeed, promote people who deserve it based on consistent performance and not "good at playing the game", take more personal accountability for big company issues (i.e., new product backorders)

Driven to be the most valued.

ProsMarket leader, great leadership, cares about its people, good values.

ConsMany changes, work load increases every year, can be overwhelming

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is strong leadership and good opportunties. Continue to look for development opportunties in the field vs. head quarters. I am proud to work for this company. They do many things right.

Very Negative Experience at Zoetis

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Exton, PA

ProsNo pros at all...Absolutely none.

ConsIncompetent management, very weird/strange co-workers, and very boring company. Obtained no transferable skills at all. Do not really accept contractors well at all. Very strange work environment with little to no knowledge of what planning, developing, and implementing a project is. Will never consider working at Zoetis again.

Great place to work!

ProsAmazingly talented and diverse colleagues. Great resources and facilities.
    Purpose of taking care of animals and food production.

ConsNothing really. Kalamazoo is not a big city but still has much to offer.

Worked for Zoetis? Contribute to the Community!