Zomato Reviews

Reset
3.7
Deepinder Goyal

1. Intern

Pros

Great company to work for and really enjoyed my time here. Everyone is close and talks with one another, not your typical office.

Cons

can be a little disorganized at times but that is common with any start up. Besides that there were not many cons

Best Company I've Worked For Yet

I have been working at Zomato full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, flexibility and freedom to work at your own pace. Excellent culture and values, excellent benefits and still growing. Advancing within the company is actually possible no matter how long you've been here.

Cons

Haven't experienced any cons thus far, hopefully there won't be any.

Get Ready

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Zomato full-time

Pros

Overall: The ride is awesome. If you are interested in sitting at a desk from 8-5 and then going home, this is not that ride. The US hires will be in start up mode for a while and we are all wearing a few different hats to get things done. If you want something that is very consistent and bland, I urge you to apply somewhere else. If you want to do something fun and exciting like start up the US operations of an already global organization, come be part of this. Every position we have posted demands some outside the box thinking and working. Benefits: Company pays 90% of the Medical costs and only passes on 10% to the employee premium. You can have a PPO medical plan for $100 a month. Company paid Vision/STD/LTD/Basic Life Insurances. 3 weeks of PTO in the first year. Compensation: Fair market compensation for all positions posted. Growth: Personal growth plans exist for all hourly level positions. Personal growth in salaried positions tend to focus on success in the role and impact on the business. Company growth is underway and the only missing piece is great people who care about doing a great job.

Cons

This type of environment is not for everyone. I am sure at some point in my life I'll want something super consistent and predictable. But that's not me, not now.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to those around you. Don't lose touch with reality. Stay grounded.

5. should be zoomato - already looking for another job

I have been working at Zomato full-time

Pros

lackadaisical approach to business, work at your own pace on your own schedule with little to no expectations from management (if you consider these pros)

Cons

lacks leadership. frenzied hiring approach. ineffective at communicating expectations.

Advice to Management

figure out what you want from your hires and make that clear during the hiring process.

6. TBC

I have been working at Zomato full-time

Pros

apparently uncapped commission Phone + computer provided work culture- a lot of young fun people working together net working events

Cons

office seems disorganized like a lot of hot desks where people just sit around and it is extremely loud because obviously everyone is working on the phone also expect long hours, as in the hospitality industries a lot of meetings might happen very late

Advice to Management

need to provide feedback and also guidance on how to progress but other than that so far not more to report really

7. Thumbs Up!!

I worked at Zomato full-time

Pros

Great culture and very friendly and caring co workers, loved working there

Cons

Work was very boring at times, but mostly fun. Can also get very busy and stressful

It's not for everybody,but it's been my dream - Australia

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

Work culture. I feel like everyone I work with at Zomato is a friend of mine. If you are career-driven and want growth this is the place for you. If you are looking for a basic 9-5 where you tick along and do a 'job' this is not for you. If you are looking to challenge yourself, get involved in cross-department tasks and grow with a company that challenges the norms, the tremendous amount of opportunities at Zomato will give you all the tools required. I have recommended Zomato to a lot of my friends with most of them applying and getting through.

Cons

I have no personal cons for working at Zomato. If you are after a basic 9-5 however, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the good work.

9. Fast paced & exciting

I have been working at Zomato full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zomato has been an excellent place to work; loads of opportunity to build your position and grow your role as the business itself grows. A lot of trust is given to new starters which is a huge risk to Zoamto, but on the whole it pays off as displayed by the results across the company. A lot of interaction with stakeholders and key players across the business as a whole means great exposure for personal growth and development. Culture is awesome and one day is never the same. Huge opportunities available, with loads of guidance and constant feedback.

Cons

The company has grown so quickly that its hard to keep on track with all staff.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on professional development of staff by providing continuous feedback and opportunities.

Engaging, Exciting and lots of Opportunity

Current Employee - Key Accounts Manager in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Key Accounts Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Zomato full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone who works at Zomato is equally motivated to be successful. There are some brilliant professionals here in Melbourne, and some great personalities too. The culture enables personal and professional development on a day to day basis. Each employee recieves a Macbook Air and has their phone bills and public transport paid for.. Uber and GoGet cars are also available as an alternative form of transport when going to meetings. There are always opportunities to socialise and collaborate with colleagues and other departments. This makes Zomato a pleasant and productive place to work. Being a very fast moving and nimble business: if something isn't working as well as it should, it is changed and improved almost immediately. If in sales, success is rewarded with a decent commission structure. Salaries and Roles are reviewed on a quarterly basis enabling fast progression and pay increases. Feedback is consistent and always constructive. Training is a part of the day to day role, and managers are always on call to support and assist where need be. Seeing as this is a company focusing on food and experiences, you'd expect an abundance of opportunities to discover new places to eat and drink. This is definitely the case. Zomato is a great place to work and be a part of.

Cons

This isn't a company with much structure and process. There is a business goal, so make the most of what you have, and achieve it. If coming from an out and out corporate it will take a few weeks to adjust - but it is well worth taking the time to adjust.

Advice to Management

I'd like to see more opportunities to provide constructive feedback on business initiatives and or strategies. I understand that this tends to be for senior members of the organisation, but there are a lot of diversely experinced people in the company, potentially not being fully utilised.

11. Awesome

I have been working at Zomato full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A very vibrant and fast paced office in the heart of the CBD. People are great and work hard to make it a welcoming place.

Cons

Some days I have too many coffees. Lucky I love coffee so guess that's more of a pro.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Great place to work!!

RSS Feed </> Embed