Zones Reviews

Updated September 22, 2014
Updated September 22, 2014
2.7

Murray Wright

Pros
  • potential to earn good money, good hours, lots of perks and free food (in 16 reviews)

• Work-life balance is great and not having to commute into Seattle is wonderful (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • They are always advertising for new account executives for a reason (in 7 reviews)

• Upper management was inconsistent and they didn't seem to care truly about their employees (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Nice people work there, but not in management

I have been working at Zones

Pros

some good managers that want you to succeed, others are just killing time

Cons

new leadership can't seem to make up it's mind on how to fix the business

zones needs actual sales managers to help mentor and grow AE's, the sales managers have far too much responsibility to be effective leaders

A place to get your start

I worked at Zones

Pros

Will hire people with no experience if they are cheap enough. Good location for employees who live in the south puget sound.

Cons

compensation is very low. benefits are expensive. And management has a philosophy that cheaper is better. They find ways to hold back earned commissions from sales staff. It isn't a place to call home for a long time.

Handing poor equipment to low cost employees is only a band-aid. Be honest and up front about policies. Sneaky is a good word to describe their transparency.

Simple easy job, low payouts.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in the Chicago office and the culture here is very young and fitting to my liking. Job is easy and not stressful.

Cons

Job is very repetitive and becomes boring especially with the low salary.

Give out bonuses! If I win top salesman of the week, don't reward me with just a piece of paper, give me something monetary to give me more incentive to achieve those results again!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great place to cut your teeth in sales.
    -Free breakfast most mornings from our partners.
    -Most managers understand how broken the processes are and cut some slack.

Cons

-Terrible leads (Burger King franchises, 5 man tv repair shops, etc.)
    -Commission structure is not competitive with current market opportunities in the Technology industry. Most people making "Top Dollar" for Zones can go elsewhere and make their Total Comp on base pay alone.
    -Plagued with operational issues. For every account acquired, you'll lose one due to things our of your control.
    -SPIF's are almost never paid out accurately.

Murray, keep on keeping on. You've still got a lot of house cleaning and change management to do.

IT Network Specialist Technician

I have been working at Zones

Pros

The pay is good anywhere 25-35 p/h very log hours. 10 to 14 hours per day...so expect Over Time.

Cons

Company hire you for short period of contract......so must be flexible on there schedule. Work 3 o 4 weeks and then 2 o 3 weeks OFF

Coordinator must be better

Disorganized growth

Former Employee - Licensing Executive
    Former Employee - Licensing Executive

I worked at Zones full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-Workers, Vendor meetings, Issued technology is decent, starting pay/guarantee

Cons

Disjointed company strategy, lack of cooperation and communication between departments, lackluster leadership, terrible mileage reimbursement

Find a growth strategy, roll it out to the employees and stick with it.

Opportunities to Grow

Current Employee - PPM Manager  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - PPM Manager in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zones has made significant strides as a company to better the opportunities and benefits for their employees. I've been in a couple of different roles at Zones and really enjoy being part of a company making strides to become better. Its been very interesting to see the cool changes from new executives to having the opportunity to seeing our collective hard work paying off.

Cons

No company is perfect, Zones included in that. I can say that there aren't the volume of issues that there are with other companies I hear people discussing.

Great people, okay company

I worked at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who work at Zones feel like your family. I really enjoyed coming to work to see the people that I worked with. Everyone was there for a common goal, and was always there to help when needed. I learned a lot while there, mostly from those I worked along side with... not my management team. There was plenty of opportunity to learn and add to your resume`. Free parking, easy commute, great people and a Starbucks across the street... were my favorite parts of the job!

Cons

There was no room for growth in most or all departments (specifically in mine), and those who did get promoted, didn't deserve it. Upper management was inconsistent and they didn't seem to care truly about their employees. Just about hitting numbers and getting to the top. Benefits were horrible (90 day waiting period, unless you were a Sr. Executive), and favoritism happened throughout all departments. Pay was low and not up to industry standard, especially in sales

Stop trying to pretend you're a Microsoft, unless you want to start paying like you're a Microsoft. People need to be valued and treated like human beings, and not robots.

A great education

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Portland, OR

I worked at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It is a great place to get a boots on the ground training in IT sales. I learned so much there about sales and IT from a sales standpoint. I have gotten calls from recruiters who have seen that I lasted as long as I did at Zones.

Cons

The sales quota is extremely hard to attain. Especially the longer one is with the company. This creates a constant sense of pressure. I have a hard time in other companies cultures because my speed is too fast from having worked in such an aggressive sales environment. I am still trying to gear down from this level of competition.

Positive Growth Towards Positive Change

I have been working at Zones full-time

Pros

I love not having to commute to Seattle and the staff is great! With the help of the new CEO they are working towards great things. All the free food is pretty great too!

Cons

Just keep working towards a growth path for employees!

Worked for Zones? Contribute to the Community!