Zones
www.zones.com Auburn, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Zones Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Murray Wright

Pros:
  • "Often times there was free food and drinks"
    in 14 reviews
  • "Work-life balance is great and not having to commute into Seattle is wonderful"
    in 6 reviews
Cons:
  • "Senior management treats most employees like a commodity that can be thrown away at any time"
    in 6 reviews
  • "They are always advertising for new account executives for a reason"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Has Potential

Chicago, IL

ProsFree breakfast a lot, good first job out of college, potential to make a lot but takes a long time to actually get there, company seems to be going in the right direction

ConsLots of internal issues, micro managing can be out of control at times, the turn over is crazy and the Chicago office lacks enough resources to be efficient

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you say we can be our own boss, give us the chance - lay off the micro managing.

Could be worse

ProsThe company is trying to move in a positive direction. Long roads ahead as relics of the LCOM attitudes and a wide range of executives still exist.

ConsYou have no clear path. You run into silos and personal fiefdoms where logic and business sense don't win out.

welcome to the rollercoaster of Business to Business inside sales; sink or swim baby.

Auburn, WA

Prospotential to earn good money, good hours, lots of perks and free food

Consyou are expendable. You need to be able to grasp the concepts of the IT world...be able to build out a server and have basic knowledge of how a data center works. You will have to depend on the support of "experts" who will routinely come up short when meeting dead lines or will make mistakes that will cause you to conduct damage control with your customers

Advice to Senior Managementwork better to mentor new employees
    not everybody is motivated by money and prizes

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Get real

Senior Ent AE (Current Employee)
    Auburn, WA

ProsFor a fresh out of college kid this is a good way to get into sales

Consno decent lead flow, disorganized management that micro manages you. New upper mmangement that is still cutting its teeth.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO Murray, hope you can pull a rabbit out of your hat.

Make an Impact

Corporate/Operations - Associate Level (Current Employee)
    Auburn, WA

ProsThe company is at an interesting time and is positioned for great growth. Lot's of work on systems and process underway which will help in the long run. Makes for interesting BPI and organizational alignment work. The new CEO is terrific, a great role model and leader and I'm looking forward to what the rest of the year will bring.

ConsThe process improvement work will create a lot of change - I suppose this is a pro and a con.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe process improvement work is really necessary - there's room to improve how efficient we are today. Keep up the work in this area.

An Environment to Grow in

Manager (Current Employee)
    Auburn, WA

ProsI have been working with Zones, Inc. for the past 3 and a half years. Since I have started I have been given all of the tools and support to realize my potential within Zones. Upper management at Zones is driven to help each individual succeed. I have had more training and one on one coaching in this organization than any other I have worked for in the past. I am proud to tell my friends and family of the work I do here and about my company in general. We are growing rapidly as a company, and of course it is not without growing pains, but at the end of the day, I feel accomplished and am glad to come back to work the next.

ConsHonestly, any of the concerns I have are no different than other organizations. The great thing is, my company is constantly evolving and solving a lot of areas of concern. I have learned that it is difficult to find a company in corporate America that is as focused on their employees as this place is. If I have the choice, I will retire from this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for all of the time and energy you put into your employees and their success.

This company is growing very quickly!

Auburn, WA

ProsNew CEO. Since I started I've seen many great changes, I enjoy the free food though I wish it was a daily thing. Fast paced environment. Lots of careers paths and opportunities for growth. I'm excited to see how far this company develops.

ConsGranted we make ok money, I wish we got paid more, but who doesn't?... Also it seems to be a bit messy, they just need a bit more organization which it seems they are working towards as some things have improved though there's still a lot o

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on team building across departments

Zones rocks!

Portland, OR

ProsFast-paced environment with lots of room for financial growth. Lots of training and, for the go-getters, lots of opportunity to make money.

ConsContrary to popular belief, we don't get free breakfast and lunch everyday. Also, people around you will make a lot of money and still complain.

Advice to Senior ManagementSilence the complainers.

Opportunities to expand..new CEO with great plans

Auburn, WA

ProsWork-life balance is great and not having to commute into Seattle is wonderful! The people at the company are great, the new CEO has a great plan and it is slowly showing, and there is Opportunity to expand out.

ConsThe growth path is in need to fixing, which I know they are working toward. Other then that it's a good company.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Zones continues to improve

Manager (Current Employee)
    Auburn, WA

ProsI've been at Zones for about four years now in a few different roles including: Account Executive and Management. I've seen a lot of changes for the positive with Zones over the time that I've been here. We have many talented directors around the company as well as some new C-Level talent which is very exciting. There are many more changes on the way at Zones and if they are anything like changes in the past four years they should continue to propel Zones in a positive growth pattern for both the company and employees.

ConsBenefits could be better which is probably true anywhere. They are better now than when I started here though. Some areas at Zones including Sales accept mediocrity, however, that is also something being resolved currently which is great.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview policies and compensation for internal transfers.

Worked for Zones? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zones reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zones CEO Murray Wright. All 136 reviews posted anonymously by Zones employees.