Zones Reviews

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
2.8

Murray Wright

Pros
  • potential to earn good money, good hours, lots of perks and free food (in 15 reviews)

• Work-life balance is great and not having to commute into Seattle is wonderful (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management treats most employees like a commodity that can be thrown away at any time (in 6 reviews)

• This company is flat out set up to make sure the upper management gets filthy rich and you dont (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

A place to get your start

I worked at Zones

Pros

Will hire people with no experience if they are cheap enough. Good location for employees who live in the south puget sound.

Cons

compensation is very low. benefits are expensive. And management has a philosophy that cheaper is better. They find ways to hold back earned commissions from sales staff. It isn't a place to call home for a long time.

Handing poor equipment to low cost employees is only a band-aid. Be honest and up front about policies. Sneaky is a good word to describe their transparency.

can't get away from "old school" mentality

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

nice people, decent work environment

Cons

nothing new can get done, too many people have been there multiple years and resist changes.

hire better and pay more for actual sales professionals, leaders say a lot but can seem to accomplish anything despite themselves

IT Network Specialist Technician

I have been working at Zones

Pros

The pay is good anywhere 25-35 p/h very log hours. 10 to 14 hours per day...so expect Over Time.

Cons

Company hire you for short period of contract......so must be flexible on there schedule. Work 3 o 4 weeks and then 2 o 3 weeks OFF

Coordinator must be better

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Simple easy job, low payouts.

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than a year

Pros

I work in the Chicago office and the culture here is very young and fitting to my liking. Job is easy and not stressful.

Cons

Job is very repetitive and becomes boring especially with the low salary.

Give out bonuses! If I win top salesman of the week, don't reward me with just a piece of paper, give me something monetary to give me more incentive to achieve those results again!

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Great place to cut your teeth in sales.
    -Free breakfast most mornings from our partners.
    -Most managers understand how broken the processes are and cut some slack.

Cons

-Terrible leads (Burger King franchises, 5 man tv repair shops, etc.)
    -Commission structure is not competitive with current market opportunities in the Technology industry. Most people making "Top Dollar" for Zones can go elsewhere and make their Total Comp on base pay alone.
    -Plagued with operational issues. For every account acquired, you'll lose one due to things our of your control.
    -SPIF's are almost never paid out accurately.

Murray, keep on keeping on. You've still got a lot of house cleaning and change management to do.

Lack of organizational structure hampers productivity and success

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been with Zones for a number of years working remotely . The company has experienced significant growth, an abundance of technology training

Cons

Dedicated ISR's for enterprise accounts are non existent for low margin producing accounts which makes it difficult to build accounts and new business as SLA's are not being met thus causing you to spent alot of time doing administrative work putting in a significant amount of hours. Compensation plan is dismal, base salary is forfeited when you reach a gross margin plateau
    CRM is awful, dirty data, obsolete leads and accounts . Brand Recognition in the marketplace is zero.. Sales teams across the company do not work together for the best interest of the customer. Resources such as SA's and Expert connect are in high demand and understaffed

Address the internal infrastructure weakness , Increase marketing spend invest in a CRM in order to make the sales organization successful .

A lack of vision, direction, and real concrete and applicable mission.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who work at Zones are dedicated and relatively positive individuals, there are a diverse group from all walks of life with a range of talents and experience. It's a good place to get a career start due to the consistent growth and changes.

Cons

The culture is unfocused, the operational model is lackluster and there is a legacy of the former low cost direction that still lingers in the place. However it is a sales organization with an extremely shortsighted lack of real impetus and promotion of non-sales personnel.

Create and foster a better culture and work to actually develop a feeling of consistent and useful cohesion among the staff. Break down the various personal fiefdoms within the organization and build a more collaborative and open infrastructure where information, resources and direction can be shared and understood. Pay people what they are worth and they'll give you what they are capable of.

Disorganized growth

Former Employee - Licensing Executive
    Former Employee - Licensing Executive

I worked at Zones full-time for more than a year

Pros

Co-Workers, Vendor meetings, Issued technology is decent, starting pay/guarantee

Cons

Disjointed company strategy, lack of cooperation and communication between departments, lackluster leadership, terrible mileage reimbursement

Find a growth strategy, roll it out to the employees and stick with it.

Opportunities to Grow

Current Employee - PPM Manager  in  Auburn, WA
    Current Employee - PPM Manager in Auburn, WA

I have been working at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Zones has made significant strides as a company to better the opportunities and benefits for their employees. I've been in a couple of different roles at Zones and really enjoy being part of a company making strides to become better. Its been very interesting to see the cool changes from new executives to having the opportunity to seeing our collective hard work paying off.

Cons

No company is perfect, Zones included in that. I can say that there aren't the volume of issues that there are with other companies I hear people discussing.

Great people, okay company

I worked at Zones full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people who work at Zones feel like your family. I really enjoyed coming to work to see the people that I worked with. Everyone was there for a common goal, and was always there to help when needed. I learned a lot while there, mostly from those I worked along side with... not my management team. There was plenty of opportunity to learn and add to your resume`. Free parking, easy commute, great people and a Starbucks across the street... were my favorite parts of the job!

Cons

There was no room for growth in most or all departments (specifically in mine), and those who did get promoted, didn't deserve it. Upper management was inconsistent and they didn't seem to care truly about their employees. Just about hitting numbers and getting to the top. Benefits were horrible (90 day waiting period, unless you were a Sr. Executive), and favoritism happened throughout all departments. Pay was low and not up to industry standard, especially in sales

Stop trying to pretend you're a Microsoft, unless you want to start paying like you're a Microsoft. People need to be valued and treated like human beings, and not robots.

Worked for Zones? Contribute to the Community!