Zoom Media

Updated Jan 27, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Francois De Gaspe Beaubien

Digital Advertising Sales at High End Health Clubs with great earning potential!

Digital Sales Account Representative (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros- Excellent Training & Develpoment
- Good Digital Product to sell
- Lots of bonus and reward opportunities available!
- Continued support from management after initial training.
- High commissions and rewards for the true Salesperson!

Cons- No real cons except that salespeople must be committed to working phones each and everyday!
- Must be a hunter vs. a farmer!

Advice to Senior Management- Love the continued support with teleconferences and sales tips from management.
- Incentive trips and bonus opportunities are big motivators, don't change a thing!
- Keep the small company feel and camaraderie between the salespeople and management

Painful experience

I worked at Zoom Media full-time

ProsMany different place based media offerings. Ability to offer packages that can be tailored to an accounts needs locally, regionally or locally.

ConsLong hours, lower pay than competitors, micro management, accounts are split which means less commission, Very high turnover rate

Exciting, Rewarding Career Opportunity for those with a strong desire to succeed!

Account Executive Local Ad Sales (Current Employee)
Boston, MA

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFreedom, flexibility, significant income & growth opportunities, sales contests, awards & recognition all with support & the structure of a sales process that has been successful since 1977

ConsMust have a strong sense of self-discipline, work ethic and a desire to succeed to be successful - not meant for everyone as the commission & incentive structure only rewards those who earn it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep moving forward, it's exciting to work in an environment of constant improvement and ways to provide better service and value to advertisers

Great Place to Work, Supportive Sales Culture

Account Executive (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time for more than a year

Pros- They provide a solid advertising platform to sell and make money.
- Sales training and ongoing support is very good
- Freedom to work from home in your territory

Cons- 100% commission structure-can be a negative for some like any sales position
- Average to weak sales people will not make much money being 100% commission based

Advice to Senior Management- I would recommend that they provide a different compensation package to retain sales people.

I feel sorry for them

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time for more than a year

ProsI can't think of any pros

ConsNo growth potential the place is like a house of cards

Advice to Senior ManagementThey clearly have no clue. Another shady hire in a new CFO

Run, Don't Walk Away from Zoom Media Connect

I worked at Zoom Media

ProsA very quick, simple transactional sale. Unique venue for local advertisers.

ConsStraight commission role with close to zero renewal opportunities. Need to close 4-5 deals a week, every week to make decent money. Very few, if any, do this. 90 day wait for sub par benefits. If you work a market out of town, rather than the company paying for you to stay at a hotel and offering a food per diem you are expected to trade out with hotel for advertising and pay for your own food. Company will not pay you outstanding commissions earned if you decide to move on. They are comfortable stealing from you (that's what it is!) and being misleading to prospects. Seriously, the most unethical company I have ever worked for!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to figure out ways to increase your value to current advertisers and employees alike. You are young and very short sighted and will cost you more than the investment you could make in your compensation plan and products/services that demonstrate true value to your advertisers. You need to be honest and not misleading to your prospective advertisers nor steal commissions rightly due to your sales reps once the leave. I am embarrassed that I sold a product that close to zero advertisers renew.

Excellent Products, Great Environment in Toronto

National Account Executive (Current Employee)
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Zoom Media full-time for more than 3 years

ProsZoom Media has excellent products, a young, fun work environment, good compensation, and benefits.

ConsThere could be more support, direction, and solutions oriented thinking at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways take a positive, solutions oriented approach. Coach employees through challenges, help them rather than ladening them with departmental problems.

A place that could be so much better...

I worked at Zoom Media

Pros-Sense of family and camaraderie
-you get the chance to see your work make a direct impact
-flex hours
-transportation costs are reimbursed
-regular "town hall" meetings to hear what is happening with the company
-up to a week and a half off paid time for at the end of the year

Cons-not very diverse
-if you are not in a management position or in sales, the pay is horrible
-sales teams have experienced high turnover
-functions from a reactive stance, which doesn't make sense for an advertising/marketing company (the industry thrives on innovation and being proactive) quite old school

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be an emphasis on figuring out what the direction of the company is. Encourage all staff, making sure they all understand who and what Zoom is all about. Allow actual creative thought to exist in the company, giving staff a forum to share ideas or implement plans without fear. Also, aim to give credit where credit is actually due and respect people.

Worked for Zoom Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zoom Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zoom Media CEO Francois De Gaspe Beaubien. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Zoom Media employees.