ZoomInfo

Updated May 13, 2014

Jonathan Stern

Love working at ZoomInfo

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsIncredibly smart people, lots of personal and professional growth opportunities, good work-life balance, great culture, if you work hard- you get rewarded.

ConsGrowing at such a rapid pace causes some growing pains, such as space issues.

May 15, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your positive feedback! We agree with everything you mentioned under “Pros,” especially that our employees are incredibly smart, which is why we provide extensive opportunities for ... More

Great learning experience!

ProsIn my time with ZoomInfo, I have had the opportunity to join conversations around business strategy & see the reasoning behind many decisions. Obviously, a lot of factors in play at all times, but has been great to be a part of the process. Interesting technology, smart & friendly people, with overall joy of learning.

ConsLocation is rough for some, but people make it worth the commute. Having some growth issues of late due to space restrictions, but expect that will be resolved soon. Similar to what all small to medium size companies face....

Advice to Senior ManagementContinued communication across organization and between senior management does make a difference. Consistent, positive messaging from the Executives has an impact on the rest of us.

Fluid situation with lots of upside

ProsThe company is growing significantly in terms of top and bottom lines, headcount, product mix... It's in a very interesting position to take advantage of the "big data" opportunity in B2B.

ConsThe historical culture of all communications being "top down" continues to dominate, but there are indicators of change in this philosophy.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire smart people, leverage their collective knowledge, trust them and execute.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Meat of the company is great, top-level is tiresome and dysfunctional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPeople, people, people. Not sure how such a group of friendly, down-to-earth people came to work at a place like this. Also, kind of an interesting concept and product to build, market, and sell.

ConsTerrible, rotten commute unless you live in a town adjacent to Waltham. At times the seemingly rudderless corporate drift has an effect on the morale of lower-level managers and staff. CEO is brilliant and at times charming, friendly, and wise - but can be quick to change attitude and direction - and worse - staff. In the end, it seems as though things are always half-baked and never followed through to completion - the company is in complete fire drill mode all the time. In my 2 years there the VPs of Engineering, Sales, Marketing and even the company President were replaced. CEO values Engineering far over and above Sales and Marketing to the detriment of corporate growth. For instance, the company hired with pomp and aplomb a new Marketing VP for "branding" purposes but then turned around and showed them the door within a year. Viewing from afar it seems like things are a bit more on track nowadays - but beware, some corporate cultures never change.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake it so that everyone (not just Engineering) knows their roles and what's expected of them BEFORE it's too late.

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your review. We value opinions from current and former employees, and because of this type of feedback we’re on a much stronger path than we were a few years ago. Again, thank you for ... More

You're either in or you're out. Engineering is stuck in 2005.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGreat to work in big data technologies like Hadoop & Cassandra. (They're misapplied though, so take heed.)

Company will continue to succeed because they're in a good space and have some technology that is useful to the market.

ConsArchitecture is mangled and engineering is only open to ideas that come from people that are liked. When people leave the company, management talks sh** about them after they leave.

Work at home is a total fallacy.

You will barely get any comp increases while you are there.

This place is poisonous. Get your tech knowledge and leave.

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your review – we’re sorry that your experience at ZoomInfo wasn’t what you hoped it would be. The well-being of each and every one of our employees is extremely important to us.

We
    ... More

If you want to grow your career, this is a very good place

Pros--Lots of interesting work and too much of it so there is plenty of opportunity
    --Exciting high-growth phase
    --Management understands how to identify top talent and how to leverage it
    --Good core values; reward hard work and contributions
    --Extremely smart and collaborative and kind staff/managers
    --Private, profitable, nimble, and what you do is very visible
    --unlimited vacation and very good health benefits
    --Good vibe

Cons--Direction can quickly change, but no more than any start-up I have been in.
    --We are outgrowing our space

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you do and continue to be visible and open

Watch for Zoom Successes

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsZoom is a great company that makes a concerted effort to bring the community together. The overall vibe is work your ass off but everyone does it because we want to. Zoom offers profit sharing an amazing benefits package and is super flexible about personal time and time off.

ConsThere aren't many that I can think of. Maybe a little cramped for space due to growth but that's gonna change when more space becomes available.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay on the current track, continue to appreciate and reward the team

This is what a company looks like with an engineer as the CEO

Account Executive (Former Employee) Waltham, MA

Pros-Good unlimited PTO policy
    -On-site cafe on 1st floor so no need to leave building on busy days
    -Smart engineers & good product

Cons-CEO is an absentee officer. He lives in Israel and is only on-site periodically throughout the year. When he is there, spends all of his time on engineering with little to no focus on sales and marketing. Interested in creating product with no concept of selling and marketing it.
    -Direction of executive staff is constantly changing. One month, they'll prioritize one project, and then quickly lose interest regardless of the time its employees invested in said project.
    -Sales Manager is a good dude overall, but stretched too thin to be of value to people that need his help the most
    -Little to no help from marketing, in finding and distributing leads from web-site visits, trial periods etc. Not marketing's fault, no set system in place for them to do jobs properly. Director of Marketing also lives in Israel, and while very smart, has no prior marketing experience.
    -Sales team is expected to prospect and close 90-100% of all new business. Due to lack of recurring revenue on new business (for most account executives), there is a real danger of quick burnout due to the constant need to prospect.
    -No territories or specific verticals to own and concentrate on.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore organization. Pick a plan for given year, and adhere to it. I'll bet your whole organization performs better

ZoomInfo truly is a great place to work: Excellent benefits, people and work environment.

Sales Executive (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsI'm in sales and have exceeded quota every quarter/year since starting 3 years ago. The sales plans are fair and new account execs are given ample ramp. No sales job is easy but all new sales reps that have joined since I've been here that work hard and are good at their jobs succeed here.

No micro-management and flexibility to work at home when necessary. VP Sales and senior management are responsive and have open door policies. Senior sales reps are willing to help.

Excellent health insurance, quarterly employee profit sharing, vacation time as needed, smart people, dynamic company on the rise, excellent product, management that truly cares about the welfare of employees and creating a positive work environment.

The company had a great year in 2014. Sr management gave every employee a iPad Mini as a thank you for strong growth.

ConsI'd like to see a 401k match program. ZoomInfo has a strong 401k program but no match.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to strive to make ZoomInfo the best data services provider in the industry by listening and anticipating customer needs. Also continue to listen to and act on employee feedback to make ZoomInfo an even better place to work.

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we do everything we can to see them grow and succeed. The well-being of our employees is also very important ... More

Fantastic place to accelerate your career in sales and technology.

Account Executive (Current Employee) Waltham, MA

ProsGreat place to help clients solve complex and business critical challenges. Opportunity to work cross functionally to help set internal strategy. Sales people can make good money if they are willing to put in the hard work to get results.

ConsZoomInfo suffers from the same challenges that many small technology companies suffer from. New applications take a long time to launch and sometimes it feels like things are slow to change.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to build out internal sales management structure in order to support the growth of the company.

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your review! We completely agree that ZoomInfo is a fantastic place to accelerate your career in sales and technology, just to name a few areas. We recommend speaking with your manager ... More

Worked for ZoomInfo? Contribute to the Community!