ZoomInfo

Great company!

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at ZoomInfo

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

Nothing! This place is amazing

Keep doing what you do!

Opportunities are endless!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

ZoomInfo is an amazing community filled with the most brilliant, creative, and passionate people. The work environment is the best I’ve ever seen! The culture is fairly young and encourages a work-life balance. The salaries and benefits are competitive with the market.

Cons

Everything is moving very quickly due to the market we are in but I consider that a benefit not a con. And I know if I have a problem, management will do everything in their ability to resolve it.

Thank you for your leadership and support in growing this company!

Working at ZoomInfo is Great!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time (less than an year)

Pros

- The people at ZoomInfo are extremely smart and I'm always learning, which makes coming to work fun!
    - Unlimited paid time off (PTO)- what more can I say?
    - The culture is fantastic. Each month we do at least one fun company event, such as bowling, sporting events (Red Sox games), a golf outing, etc.
    - The benefits are amazing! Besides the unlimited PTO, the health benefits are the best I've ever had.
    - Managers treat you like human beings and understand that life exists outside of work. While we work hard, we are treated with much respect. At ZoomInfo you're not just a number, you're an important part of the team.

Cons

The commute is the only thing I can think of, but if you want to advance in your career it's to be expected. Though I have about an hour commute each way, working at ZoomInfo makes up for it.

Love working at ZoomInfo

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Incredibly smart people, lots of personal and professional growth opportunities, good work-life balance, great culture, if you work hard- you get rewarded.

Cons

Growing at such a rapid pace causes some growing pains, such as space issues.

May 15, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your positive feedback! We agree with everything you mentioned under “Pros,” especially that our employees are incredibly smart, which is why we provide extensive opportunities for ... More

Great learning experience!

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

In my time with ZoomInfo, I have had the opportunity to join conversations around business strategy & see the reasoning behind many decisions. Obviously, a lot of factors in play at all times, but has been great to be a part of the process. Interesting technology, smart & friendly people, with overall joy of learning.

Cons

Location is rough for some, but people make it worth the commute. Having some growth issues of late due to space restrictions, but expect that will be resolved soon. Similar to what all small to medium size companies face....

Continued communication across organization and between senior management does make a difference. Consistent, positive messaging from the Executives has an impact on the rest of us.

Fluid situation with lots of upside

I have been working at ZoomInfo

Pros

The company is growing significantly in terms of top and bottom lines, headcount, product mix... It's in a very interesting position to take advantage of the "big data" opportunity in B2B.

Cons

The historical culture of all communications being "top down" continues to dominate, but there are indicators of change in this philosophy.

Hire smart people, leverage their collective knowledge, trust them and execute.

If you want to grow your career, this is a very good place

I have been working at ZoomInfo (less than an year)

Pros

--Lots of interesting work and too much of it so there is plenty of opportunity
    --Exciting high-growth phase
    --Management understands how to identify top talent and how to leverage it
    --Good core values; reward hard work and contributions
    --Extremely smart and collaborative and kind staff/managers
    --Private, profitable, nimble, and what you do is very visible
    --unlimited vacation and very good health benefits
    --Good vibe

Cons

--Direction can quickly change, but no more than any start-up I have been in.
    --We are outgrowing our space

Keep doing what you do and continue to be visible and open

Watch for Zoom Successes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Zoom is a great company that makes a concerted effort to bring the community together. The overall vibe is work your ass off but everyone does it because we want to. Zoom offers profit sharing an amazing benefits package and is super flexible about personal time and time off.

Cons

There aren't many that I can think of. Maybe a little cramped for space due to growth but that's gonna change when more space becomes available.

Stay on the current track, continue to appreciate and reward the team

Meat of the company is great, top-level is tiresome and dysfunctional.

I worked at ZoomInfo full-time (more than an year)

Pros

People, people, people. Not sure how such a group of friendly, down-to-earth people came to work at a place like this. Also, kind of an interesting concept and product to build, market, and sell.

Cons

Terrible, rotten commute unless you live in a town adjacent to Waltham. At times the seemingly rudderless corporate drift has an effect on the morale of lower-level managers and staff. CEO is brilliant and at times charming, friendly, and wise - but can be quick to change attitude and direction - and worse - staff. In the end, it seems as though things are always half-baked and never followed through to completion - the company is in complete fire drill mode all the time. In my 2 years there the VPs of Engineering, Sales, Marketing and even the company President were replaced. CEO values Engineering far over and above Sales and Marketing to the detriment of corporate growth. For instance, the company hired with pomp and aplomb a new Marketing VP for "branding" purposes but then turned around and showed them the door within a year. Viewing from afar it seems like things are a bit more on track nowadays - but beware, some corporate cultures never change.

Make it so that everyone (not just Engineering) knows their roles and what's expected of them BEFORE it's too late.

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your review. We value opinions from current and former employees, and because of this type of feedback we’re on a much stronger path than we were a few years ago. Again, thank you for ... More

ZoomInfo truly is a great place to work: Excellent benefits, people and work environment.

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Waltham, MA

I have been working at ZoomInfo full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I'm in sales and have exceeded quota every quarter/year since starting 3 years ago. The sales plans are fair and new account execs are given ample ramp. No sales job is easy but all new sales reps that have joined since I've been here that work hard and are good at their jobs succeed here.

No micro-management and flexibility to work at home when necessary. VP Sales and senior management are responsive and have open door policies. Senior sales reps are willing to help.

Excellent health insurance, quarterly employee profit sharing, vacation time as needed, smart people, dynamic company on the rise, excellent product, management that truly cares about the welfare of employees and creating a positive work environment.

The company had a great year in 2014. Sr management gave every employee a iPad Mini as a thank you for strong growth.

Cons

I'd like to see a 401k match program. ZoomInfo has a strong 401k program but no match.

Continue to strive to make ZoomInfo the best data services provider in the industry by listening and anticipating customer needs. Also continue to listen to and act on employee feedback to make ZoomInfo an even better place to work.

Apr 30, 2014Director of HR

Thank you for your positive feedback! Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we do everything we can to see them grow and succeed. The well-being of our employees is also very important ... More