Zoot Enterprises

Add Photos

Chris Nelson

Sales

Sales (Former Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsNice people, private company, fairly good solution

ConsNot sales/marketing oriented. No firm pricing structure

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace sales and make them a key part of the organization

Look elsewhere for employment!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsLaid back atmosphere. Most of the people who work there are great. Flexible hours

ConsWorst management I have ever seen - none of them could actually hold jobs with the same title for another company. Few of the executives have experience outside of Zoot, and it shows. No value placed on applicable higher education for employees within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in people who know what they're doing, let them work. The people leaving the company are the iones you should want to stay.

One of the most disconnected companies I have ever worked for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is a very laid back atmosphere. A lot of nice walks to go on to get out of the office.

ConsManagement has an enormous disconnect with employees. It's as if there are two companies in the same building and the managers work for one and everyone else works for the other. Managers work mostly behind closed doors and it's rare to even see them in the hallway or even get the courtesy of hello if they walk by or 'goodbye' if they leave the office.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a little more understanding as to how your actions are perceived by your subordinates.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No career or personal growth opportunities

Manager (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsExtremely laid back environment. Employees are not encouraged to work more than they are required.

ConsMany managers have had their positions for several years and there is no advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe message that this is the way at Zoot and of you do not like it, you can leave needs to be stopped. Management should be aware that this message destroys employee moral and just enforces the idea that management places no value on employee contributions and attempts to be proud of their work.

No direction + No communication = No Motivation & No Progress

(Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsFairly laid back culture.
    Dogs are allowed to come to work with you.
    Overall I enjoy the majority of the people I work with.

ConsA major emphasis is placed on just patching issues and not actually fixing the core issues.
    People who have been here a long time hold onto any knowledge they may have gained and have a hard time documenting, forcing newer people to learn how to create the "wheel according to Zoot"
    Management refuses to pay attention to the glaring problems associates attempt to bring to their attention.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your associates. Dont let the associates that you say you value leave, at least try to fight to retain your "valued" associates.

Good people, little work, no direction, no advancement

ProsGreat onsite benefits - gym, food, coffee
    Decent pay for the area

ConsNot much of a culture
    Lots of downtime
    No advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementHiring more than there is work to do...

Great people and challenging work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

ProsReally smart people, the chance to work with major banks and payment companies while living in Bozeman, and challenging work. They offer workout classes and lunch and after work. There is also an on site gym and discounts at local gyms if you are into fitness. The onsite kitchen make great lunches 4 days a week with an inexpensive salad bar option.

ConsThe work can be demanding a times and slow at others, depending on client deadlines. While most employees are great, there is an occasional grouch. Fortunately they don't usually last long.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love the monthly free lunches. Please keep them going!

It's ok if you just want lay back

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Bozeman, MT

Prosfriendly people in this place
    easy environment
    many activities for the community
    nice work place, has gym, own kitchen, and etc

Constoo many relatives in this company
    too many non-tech people in this company are pretending they are tech people
    afraid of change
    stupid office politics

Advice to Senior Managementhire some real managers
    relatives are good but most of the time not good for the company

Worked for Zoot Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!