Zotec Partners Reviews

2.5

T. Scott Law

Good Company

I worked at Zotec Partners

Pros

Fair amount autotnomy in daily duies

Cons

Not much communication in how you are performing your job

Communicate more to department heads

Since Zotec bought out MMP, things have gone downhill.

Current Employee - Associate  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Associate in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Zotec Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

A couple of the office managers are good, but that's about it. Benefits are ok but not as good as in the past.

Cons

There is little to no communication from upper management. You are left to worry about your job and what's going to happen next. There were layoffs based on the level of automation available, but whenever we suggest ideas for automation we are told that it's not possible. We have fewer employees and are expected to still get the work done.

Sad- just very sad!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Flint, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Flint, MI

I have been working at Zotec Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Internal deprtmental relationships were wonderful. MMP Office had some great people before leadership ran it into the ground.

Cons

Poor Communication- Mean Spirited Leadership- Do NOT Value their people, unless you are part of their good ole boys click. Leaders have no self awareness, this is a very arrogant group of people that could care less about building a team or cooperation. They do not even treat many of their clients with respect or deliver on service promises.

Take responsibility for outcomes and stop blaming others for your lack of leadership, poor decisions, and start treating people with the respect they deserve.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Another Zotec statistic.....laid off former MMP office.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Zotec Partners full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Wish I could think of something positive to say here but I have nothing.

Cons

Little to no communication from corporate office. The communication that we did have was a bunch of empty promises.

Less people and more automation is not always the best business practice. I for one hope to never be a customer of the company.

Recently laid off due to Zotec buyout of Cbiz

Former Employee - Anonymous  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Zotec Partners for more than 8 years

Pros

I honestly do not have a positive thing to say sbout Zotec as a company. My former coworkers and a few managers were awesome but that had nothing to do with Zotec.

Cons

We were told last year that Zotec had purchased Cbiz and that this meant some great opportunities for all of us. At that time we were all concerned about losing our jobs due to new owners. Our questions went unanswered. Soon our medical benefits went down the toilet to $2500 deductible per person. Our vacation and sick time turned to PTO, we could only carry over 40 hours to the next year or lose it. If you left by choice or not, you lose all of your banked PTO. We all immediately felt the pressures of the new company and the tension building up. Then the first bomb dropped. Our Kansas City office closed. We received their clients and began to catch up where they had left off and just as we predicted, bomb #2 fell yesterday. 16 employees were walked out the door before noon due to the elimination of their positions. This company outsources to India giving away American jobs, laying off their own for the almighty dollar. How long before the rest of us are walked out the door? One employee had been with MMP for over 35 years. I have no respect for this company whatsover.

Take a walk in the shoes of your former employees. See what your greed has done to their lives. I know these reviews mean nothing to management but hopefully will open the eyes of potential employees that would have their lives turned upside by a company operated like this one. The micromanagement going on and secrets behind closed doors is the first signs of an office in trouble. We've all seen companies bigger than yours go under so maybe in the end you'll just bury yourselves.

My experience was great at MMP--until we were purchased by Zotec Partners

I have been working at Zotec Partners full-time

Pros

My coworkers are great, I have been truly happy to work alongside some extremely smart, fun, engaging people. For the most part, my job is pretty flexible and allows a personal life outside of work.

Cons

Zotec's compensation and promotions are a joke to all but a select few. Doesn't matter how hard you work, its next to impossible to get promoted to the next level. They are always wiling to give you the work responsibilities of the next level, but don't expect increased compensation to go along with it.

I second the previous reviewer's sentiments about the acquisition by Zotec and how there doesn't seem to be any clear plan on what to do. From my viewpoint, it seems it was more important for them to remove their competitor by acquiring MMP than they valued what we could bring to Zotec.

Take care of your most important resource--your people. Up your compensation, give clear reviews and direction on work performance and expectations.

Good Pay, No opportunities to advance.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Zotec Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Folk in the trenches are good people.

Cons

Very long hours. 45Hrs base is expected. 50-60 is norm. on call 24/7 365.

Disorganized with no clear direction

I have been working at Zotec Partners

Pros

I like the small office and the people I work with. Most have been with the company a long time, so they have unique insight into the workings of the company.

Cons

When Zotec purchased MMP, a lot of uncertainty surrounded the acquisition. As time has passed, it has become clear that now that they have us, they aren't quite sure what to do with us. Streamlining systems seems to be the main goal, without any thought to personnel or clients. Seems to me it's a sure way to lose employees and clients.

Very progressive and innovative company, great culture and environment, and a successful track record of steady growth.

Current Employee - IT Professional  in  Carmel, IN
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Carmel, IN

I have been working at Zotec Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

The casual environment and minimal meetings are a very nice change from a more corporate environment. Enjoy running a lot of my own projects. Pretty flexible schedules too.

Cons

If you need a lot of structure, guidance and direction, this may not be for you, however it's all part of what I enjoy.

Free pop and snacks would be nice.

Its been a good experience so far

Current Employee - Desktop Support Specialist III  in  Chattanooga, TN
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Specialist III in Chattanooga, TN

I have been working at Zotec Partners full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

good management and honest coworkers, have had a good time working here.

Cons

have had a very hard time getting promoted within the company

Worked for Zotec Partners? Contribute to the Community!