Zotec Partners

Be The First To
Add Photos

T. Scott Law

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFair amount autotnomy in daily duies

ConsNot much communication in how you are performing your job

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more to department heads

Recently laid off due to Zotec buyout of Cbiz

Anonymous (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsI honestly do not have a positive thing to say sbout Zotec as a company. My former coworkers and a few managers were awesome but that had nothing to do with Zotec.

ConsWe were told last year that Zotec had purchased Cbiz and that this meant some great opportunities for all of us. At that time we were all concerned about losing our jobs due to new owners. Our questions went unanswered. Soon our medical benefits went down the toilet to $2500 deductible per person. Our vacation and sick time turned to PTO, we could only carry over 40 hours to the next year or lose it. If you left by choice or not, you lose all of your banked PTO. We all immediately felt the pressures of the new company and the tension building up. Then the first bomb dropped. Our Kansas City office closed. We received their clients and began to catch up where they had left off and just as we predicted, bomb #2 fell yesterday. 16 employees were walked out the door before noon due to the elimination of their positions. This company outsources to India giving away American jobs, laying off their own for the almighty dollar. How long before the rest of us are walked out the door? One employee had been with MMP for over 35 years. I have no respect for this company whatsover.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a walk in the shoes of your former employees. See what your greed has done to their lives. I know these reviews mean nothing to management but hopefully will open the eyes of potential employees that would have their lives turned upside by a company operated like this one. The micromanagement going on and secrets behind closed doors is the first signs of an office in trouble. We've all seen companies bigger than yours go under so maybe in the end you'll just bury yourselves.

My experience was great at MMP--until we were purchased by Zotec Partners

ProsMy coworkers are great, I have been truly happy to work alongside some extremely smart, fun, engaging people. For the most part, my job is pretty flexible and allows a personal life outside of work.

ConsZotec's compensation and promotions are a joke to all but a select few. Doesn't matter how hard you work, its next to impossible to get promoted to the next level. They are always wiling to give you the work responsibilities of the next level, but don't expect increased compensation to go along with it.

I second the previous reviewer's sentiments about the acquisition by Zotec and how there doesn't seem to be any clear plan on what to do. From my viewpoint, it seems it was more important for them to remove their competitor by acquiring MMP than they valued what we could bring to Zotec.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your most important resource--your people. Up your compensation, give clear reviews and direction on work performance and expectations.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Pay, No opportunities to advance.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsFolk in the trenches are good people.

ConsVery long hours. 45Hrs base is expected. 50-60 is norm. on call 24/7 365.

Disorganized with no clear direction

ProsI like the small office and the people I work with. Most have been with the company a long time, so they have unique insight into the workings of the company.

ConsWhen Zotec purchased MMP, a lot of uncertainty surrounded the acquisition. As time has passed, it has become clear that now that they have us, they aren't quite sure what to do with us. Streamlining systems seems to be the main goal, without any thought to personnel or clients. Seems to me it's a sure way to lose employees and clients.

Very progressive and innovative company, great culture and environment, and a successful track record of steady growth.

IT Professional (Current Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsThe casual environment and minimal meetings are a very nice change from a more corporate environment. Enjoy running a lot of my own projects. Pretty flexible schedules too.

ConsIf you need a lot of structure, guidance and direction, this may not be for you, however it's all part of what I enjoy.

Advice to Senior ManagementFree pop and snacks would be nice.

Its been a good experience so far

Desktop Support Specialist III (Current Employee) Chattanooga, TN

Prosgood management and honest coworkers, have had a good time working here.

Conshave had a very hard time getting promoted within the company

Very little information passed on. We have just become part of Zotec

ProsNot sure, all We hear is that our jobs will be gone in a yr.So far no pro's at all

ConsZotec has not even seen our main office, meeting in private with those that have no real clue as to what we do there. Management took "easy" pretty clients with little to no problems and passed off as our normal clients. Yet we have 1000's of back logs, non existanr appeal dept so acct are written off. True accts in back log not shared with clients...and please do not report errors, you will be told ypu are lookng for problems. Our QA rate is awesome since we audit so few charts
     HIPPA law a joke, we all share passwords, not just our own, past employees, peoples from other offices

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to yur employees and see what they actually do with systems that fail daily

This company values software not people/employees.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Carmel, IN

ProsIf you expect nothing but a paycheck, you might be okay here.

ConsHorrible benefits. They only offer high deductible health insurance plans, expect to be out of pocket $2500 or $5000 before insurance pays a cent. 40 hours of PTO is all you are allowed to carry over each year. You are not allowed to take time off without pay. Earned PTO is not paid out when you leave the company.
    Management. Expect to be micromanaged by several managers at once. Some managers do not allow talking between co workers. No cell phones allowed. Expect to account for every minute you are on the clock. Employees are written up without verbal warnings.
    Atmosphere. Cubicle farms, Oppressive. Don't expect any personal space or privacy.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at the way Microsoft, Yahoo, Google treats their employees and learn from them. We are assets, not liabilities.

Fun and challenging place to work at

ProsGreat office culture and work life balance. Everyone is awesome to work with and no one takes themselves too seriously

ConsCan be boring at times and some of the people are very strange, but then again I think this is true at all companies.

Worked for Zotec Partners? Contribute to the Community!