Zotos

Updated Feb 13, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Ron Krassin

A seasoned administrative assistant to many departments both here at Corporate Headquarters and our manufacturing plant.

Receptionist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zotos full-time for more than 5 years

ProsZOTOS is part of the rapidly growing industry of hair and body essentials.
Being part of new developments is exciting and rewarding!

ConsMy hours have been decreased recently due to reconstructing.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlways know your team members.

Sink or Swim!

Darien, CT

I have been working at Zotos full-time

ProsSenior management is very nice and a lot of the people are great. Cafe on site with really good food and staff - serves breakfast and lunch but should be subsidized seeing as neighbor companies are allowed to use it too for the same prices. Summer hours for four months. Pretty flexible hours.

ConsPoor training, you basically have to figure out your job on your own. Although there are great people there it is extremely clicky....takes a long time to get to know people because they aren't overly welcoming to newbies. Atmosphere is serious and very uptight mainly because HR is very strict with everything. Dress code is corporate casual and can only wear jeans on Friday which matches the uptight atmosphere.
The work is pretty well paced and doesn't require a lot of extra work hours but they are completely unorganized with company sections and brands all over the map! It makes communication very difficult and sometimes near impossible to get answers when you need them. Very little opportunity for growth unless you are looking to relocate far away for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosen up your HR department and allow for some casual atmosphere. Most people who work there don't deal with outside people anyway. Most Fortune 500 companies have a casual dress code because comfort equals productivity especially when your sitting at a desk all day long!

survived without being severely injured.very poor safety record and cited by osha for record amount of violations

Maint Department (Current Employee)
Geneva, NY

I have been working at Zotos full-time for more than 10 years

Prosstarting wages are ok.very nice cafeteria staff.strongly encourage you to work holidays so you don't have to spend them with pesky family

Consthere are constant rumors of geneva facility becoming unionized.unsure weather to stay with company based on daily manufacturing mistakes

Advice to Senior Managementi would advise a complete overhaul ,starting with front office and extending to all in management positions.

Good Entry level experience

Geneva, NY

I worked at Zotos full-time for more than a year

ProsManagers (in the lab) are very good. Most of the people are very pleasant to work with and the pay is decent for what it is.

ConsYou feel like a line worker at times, on your feet for entire shift and a lot of work/understaffed. Often QC techs are not respected by higher ups because as with any company, the QC lab is a bottleneck for production. No internet for employees. Very little room to move up within the company.

Zotos complexity is prime distraction for growth.

I worked at Zotos

ProsCosmetics industry. Association with Shiseido.

ConsThe seven separate divisions are not integrated. It is difficult to transfer between divisions.

Advice to Senior ManagementIntegrate with Shiseido. Consolidate all the divisions into 1 division. Standardize processes for all divisions.
Establish and announce objectives for Zotos.

Best and worst of a small to medium sized company

I have been working at Zotos

ProsGood benefits, good Christmas party, very friendly, fair paid vacation and holidays, cafeteria on site

ConsSalaries on the low side, few promotions, location, location of manufacturing plant

Advice to Senior ManagementYou make it difficult to trust you, especially HR. Be more involved in employees personal needs, goals and aspirations.

Short-sighted, close-minded & backwards!

I worked at Zotos full-time for more than 5 years

ProsAffiliation with powerful and prestigious beauty companies like Shiseido, Joico & Bare Escentuals

ConsSales strategy (& sales force) is archaic, distribution channels are too narrow for serious growth or success, there's zero communication between the different divisions beneath the Shiseido umbrella, and there's very few employee incentives.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop stifling your younger employees. Listen to them or you'll forfeit the company's future. I'd recommend cleaning house within the executive team and starting all over again with totally different business models in place. Zotos was built on innovation, but now thrives only at developing knock-off versions of better brands' products. Take some pride in the products you produce and don't always go for the quick and easy buck.

Worked for Zotos? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zotos reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zotos CEO Ron Krassin. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Zotos employees.