Zozi
zozi.com San Francisco, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Zozi Reviews

Updated Apr 4, 2014
Zozi – San Francisco – “ZOZI”

Thomas J Sassani

ZOZI is a great company with great people and a great vision

I have been working at Zozi full-time for more than a year

ProsIncredible team of All-Star employees at ZOZI. Tremendous energy, positive attitudes and strong work ethics are the norm at ZOZI. There is a very collaborative approach to the challenges we face to build our business. The office culture is very supportive, super fun and creates an atmosphere where people work hard and achieve incredible things.

ConsLike with more start ups, everyone wears many hats and is involved across different departments and initiatives. This leads to longer hours for those truly invested in their work at ZOZI. Managing work/life balance can be challenging when you are on a team of people who love what they do and are committed to working very hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could focus more on staff development. Communication about key initiatives could happen more often and in more detail.

Former Employee

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Zozi

ProsThe peers that you work with are amazing.

ConsYour managers don't have your back. They are very fake! Once someone in management decides that they don't like you, it becomes their goal to single you out when ever possible and make you look bad. I don't know who's been writing all these awesome reviews, because everyone at ZOZI is trying to find a job somewhere else. Work life balance in non existent. For being an adventure and outdoors company, you get chastised if you don't work till 8 pm on weekdays, and put in hours on the weekend. God forbid you decide to take a vacation. ZOZI's version of unlimited PTO means that you are encouraged to take no time off, and you don't get paid out on PTO that you don't use. If you want to work for a company where you managers act like they are your friends, so that they can use personally disclosed information against you, than ZOZI is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better sales managers.

An amazing team of people who really live the brand!

I have been working at Zozi full-time for less than a year

ProsZOZI employs an extremely talented, positive, and professional group of people who are very good at what they do. They have the passion, the commitment, and the talent to execute on the long-term vision of the brand/company. And, they really live the brand which makes it a fun place to work.
ZOZI has very flexible/progressive policies. As long as you're getting it done, all is good (unlimited vacation - what?!?)
Great location - right in the middle of North Beach, China Town, and Jackson Square. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
ZOZI is truly an inspiring place to work.

ConsLong hours when it's crunch time. But, this is to be expected anywhere that you're trying to build a great company/brand.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to inspire the team constantly!

People dream of working for a company passionate about experiences

Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zozi full-time for more than a year

Pros-Great culture
-Smart down to earth people who are team oriented
-It's in a consumer oriented passion space; hard not to be passionate about inspiring people to live their lives to the fullest through incredible experiences
-Perks: nice office space, travel allowance paid out quarterly, gym membership, iphone bill, work station allowance, culture events like rock climbing, etc.

Cons-Sometimes direction and strategy can shift from up top quickly; but not atypical of all startups
-Management could be more consistently communicative

Advice to Senior Management-When employees depart, we should announce it more regularly

Great people, great product, great future ahead.

Summer Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Zozi as an intern for less than a year

ProsZozi has so much going for it right now. Progress is a constant theme in the company, and it's on the path to be great. The people make the company an enjoyable place to work at, and if you love adventure, it just makes things even better.

ConsIf you're not a fan of startups, then you may not like that it's laid back, fun, fast-paced and high-growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhat Zozi could do better (among many other company's) is to give even more room for the employees to grow, and challenge them to learn more skills rather than to just reach higher goals.

A growing company that inspires its staff

Operations Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zozi full-time for less than a year

ProsZOZI really practices what it preaches; they inspire people to lead active lifestyles and this applies to the workforce as well. Since starting here, I have grown not only professionally, but also in my personal life as well. I have gone rock climbing for the first time, learned self defense, taken swing dancing lessons, learned to make sushi, and eaten more farm to table food than I can remember, all through ZOZI's "Live the Brand" program which allows employees an allocation of store credit every quarter to "get out there" and experience the things we sell to our customers. The management also provides company culture events for bonding, bi-weekly town halls so that everyone in the company can express opinions and keep updated about different department's projects, and public acknowledgement of birthdays and anniversaries. Overall, a cool company to grow with!

ConsOnly con applies to any startup: the uncertainty of the company's future. However, this unites the staff to give it their all and feel like their work is making a difference.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice is that the management, though extremely hard working and focused on important goals, should also partake in company culture events when they arise, as I believe it strengthens teams morale.

This company is making moves.

I have been working at Zozi full-time for more than 5 years

Pros-- Managers care a tremendous amount about every single person in the company. They want you to grow, have fun, and leave every day with a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

-- Fantastic company culture: inspirational talks, team breakfasts, run club, monthly excursions to go out on ZOZI experiences, dedicated one on one time, and more.

-- As a team, we're collectively getting people out into the world to create memories - that's a great feeling.

-- Everyone's ideas are heard and truly impact the trajectory of the company.

-- Autonomy and latitude is vast - the best I've ever seen.

-- Consistent growth every year, continuing to own the market.

-- Focus on customers team wide.

-- Brand is cool and other investors, companies, and people want to be associated with it and the mission.

Cons-- The company has big aspirations, which means there's a lot to do! If you're looking for a 9-5 job, this isn't the place.

Advice to Senior Management-- Continue the transparency, the team greatly appreciates it!

Amazing company with great people and high potential

Marketing (Former Employee)

I worked at Zozi full-time

ProsBest team of people I've ever worked with. Not only are they knowledgeable, but their knack for collaboration is second to none. Culture is fun, unique, and top priority. I believe ZOZI is heading in the right direction, and has an endless amount of opportunities.

ConsJust like most start-ups, things move extremely fast and you might inherit (temporarily) responsibilities beyond your role. Although some people might feel uncomfortable with this, these are actually great opportunities to showcase your work and skill set.

Growing & changing the travel industry everyday

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zozi full-time for less than a year

ProsAlways changing, great transparency with weekly meetings, fun working environment, young and lean, and management is always looking for feedback.

ConsNot enough hours in the day

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing big things!

Best Internship I Ever Had

Social Media Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at Zozi as an intern for less than a year

ProsI genuinely loved working at ZOZI. Everyone gave me a great welcome on my first day and a sincere goodbye on my last. All of the people are very down to Earth and easy to talk to. Everyone is not only very friendly, but also very good at what they do. There are some very talented people at ZOZI, and it was an incredibly good learning experience for me. I am very lucky that I got to work there, and I couldn't have asked for anything better.

ConsI had this terrible problem where I couldn't sleep at night because my smile would light up the whole room.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Worked for Zozi? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zozi reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zozi CEO Thomas J Sassani. All 21 reviews posted anonymously by Zozi employees.