Zscaler Reviews

Reset
4.3
Zscaler Founder & CEO Jay Chaudhry
Jay Chaudhry

Pros
  • Work life balance fine with few exceptions (in 4 reviews)

• You will work with a very smart and driven group of people who share a common passion in making cloud security a reality (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Find ways to keep the passion and devotion while keeping a reasonable work/life balance (in 2 reviews)

• Unrealistic comp plan numbers for sales team (in 2 reviews)

A Real Growth Story

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (More than a year)

Pros

company has doubled in headcount in the past 18 months. Rumor has it that we are doubling the sales force and the rest of the company to support growth. Moving to a new facility (finally) and we continue to invest in people and infrastructure..

Cons

It's not for everyone. Fast paced and make it happen culture usually is too much for people that come from larger companies that have more processes and guidelines on how to do your job.

Advice to Management

Not sure if you will be able to keep the culture as you bring on more people. Try to hire people that are problem solvers and want to make a difference

About to have a massive IPO

Current Employee - Business Development in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Zscaler about four months. Almost everything is better than expected. Great technology, strong marketing, big partner opportunity, huge growth in sales, smart committed employees. The company feels like salesforce must have been about 10 years ago - you can just feel the security industry about to flip over to the cloud.

Cons

The building is horrible - but the good news is we are moving in October.

Advice to Management

I think we have something like 200 job openings - keep the quality bar high and keep bringing in great people.

Great Company With Growing Pains

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work with some of the best brains in the valley, building and selling an amazing cloud platform that is totally disrupting the security industry. And at the end of the rainbow is a blockbuster IPO coming down the pike. This is definitely a place I would recommend and recruit my friends and colleagues to.

Cons

The environment is a bit chaotic at times due to high growth, and sometimes people from bigger, more sedentary companies will struggle with this. The company is located in a well-worn building on the Alviso side of 237, and the place is getting so crowded that its impossible to book a conference room during the middle of the day.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on high standards in hiring, and give your good/talented people the opportunity to excel.

Who said Path to IPO is easy?

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Zscaler full-time

Pros

- Good vision, right space - Some great products in stealth mode yet to come. - Mindset of being frugal - Spend company money like your own $ - Not a pump/dump story - Mantra that company would only blow trumpet after 10 paid satisfied BIG customers -Smart qualified folks -Decent equity - People who complain do not know the full picture about how equity works with preferred vs non-preferred stocks. I hope they understand how risk reward ratio works in startups - This is no longer a typical startup, but one who will file S1 in the next 12-16 months.

Cons

-Sometime too frugal when it comes to items like free food, fruits -One can spend some extra money on quality food and better fruits. Have the vending machine stocked with much healthier food is the way to GO -Better collaboration across different engineering teams

Advice to Management

-We are hiring crazy in some depts, please ensure that quality is not diluted

Focused Tech Company - Fantastic Growth & Leadership

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I recently joined Zscaler to help build out sales and engineering talent plans. This company is focused, exciting, committed for the long haul and incredibly collaborative. Exec management is accessible and willing to listen to ideas and adjustments. The technology appears to have really opened the eyes of big enterprise customers. We are getting unsolicited attention from some of the top employees in their respective fields. All in all, a tremendously exciting company in an industry sector of immense importance these days.

Cons

We need to be careful not to drop the bar on quality as we attempt to ramp up hiring and build out teams.

Advice to Management

Keep leadership involved at all levels of hiring and selection. It is fueling genuine motivation in candidates to hit the ground running when they get hired.

Could not have asked for a better job. Love the work and the people.

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome team of very smart and committed people who are trying to redefine how security platform/technology should be run in today's time and age. A very well talented team of engineers, product managers, sales, marketing, and UI/UX folks. Great positive work culture.

Cons

Like any growing company, you could always pay more, provide better benefits. Employees are generally happy here at Zscaler.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great work you're already doing. Keep listening to your team and make decisions based on reason and what's best for the customer. Continue making Zscaler an excellent company and help improve experience for employees.

Exciting and Dynamic Company!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Zscaler has learned from its growth and made significant changes for the better. The company provides unique challenges for employees in all departments to succeed. The management is composed of people who have "already been where we want to go". The work environment (including support for remote workers, compensation, and sales approach) is outstanding and one of the best I've been a part of in my career.

Cons

Speed of growth Slow to grow processes and procedures

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees with a breath of experience in difference environments and knowledge of what does and doesn't work well, especially in the areas of employee motivation,

Best. Company. Ever.

Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The platform/technology is game-changing and the people are the most passionate, approachable and collaborative that I have worked with in my 20+ year career. Everyone is focused on the goal, so people will go out of their way to help you. New sales leadership is world-class and committed to only hiring the best of the best! I have the best boss I've ever had.

Cons

I've been here 5 months and haven't found a thing I would change.

Advice to Management

Continue the path and keep everyone engaged and involved, as you have been doing.

Happy Employee

I have been working at Zscaler

Pros

Feel like you make a difference in the business. We're small enough where individual contributions are recognized, yet large and stable enough to know there is comfort with where the company is going. Everybody in the company, including execs are approachable. Zscaler is so forward thinking with great business model in place. The quality of the teams, leadership, and career potential is just as promising as the reliability of Zscaler's product. The brand continues to strengthen and with that, I feel proud to be a part of this company. With what's in the works in the next couple of years, this has been and will be one exciting adventure.

Cons

Really difficult to pinpoint any thing in particular. Like any company, you could always pay more, provide better benefits, more onsite perks; but at the end of the day, people are happy here at Zscaler so they're clearly doing something right.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen and be forward facing with how the company is evolving. When new products role out, it means a lot to the employees to hear about it first, rather than through public press releases like large companies do. Keep it up!

Micro-manage culture with lack of engineering leadership

I have been working at Zscaler

Pros

Cloud security is hot right now

Cons

- no exec has real IPO experience. Past companies by engineering execs and CEO have all been sold - product is 8 years old with engineering leadership lacking any experience in running an engineering org - no roadmap of any kind..

RSS Feed </> Embed