Zscaler Reviews

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
4.2

Jay Chaudhry

Innovative company with great people to work with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees are passionate about what they're doing. Everyone is excited about the future and believes in the product. Great corporate culture. Company events and happy hours are a great way to keep that work-life balance.

Cons

The location of the office isn't the best. It's a small company so you can't fly under the radar. Be prepared to work and make a difference.

Hire more people and keep growing!

Great company for sharp and ambitious people.

Current Employee - Senior Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

While most of the companies are trying to force-fit their old appliance technology for cloud & mobility, Zscaler has developed purpose-built multi-tenant, distributed cloud security. Great place to learn and be a part of a company that is well on its way to dominate security market. Good for sales people who know how to do enterprise level selling.

Cons

If you simply want a job, it is not a good fit.

Keep on hiring the best people who fit the innovative and fast moving culture of Zscaler. Avoid people who play politics.

On its way to becoming the "Salesforce" of online security

Current Employee - Contracts Counsel  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Contracts Counsel in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative technology, dedicated and hard working executive management, and great working environment.

Cons

No crazy Google level perks, but good compensation and hot IPO candidate in 2015!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent company to be at!

Current Employee - Senior Director  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Been with the company for almost 3 years. This is the best place to be in the high-tech environment. Having worked in the Silicon Valley for the past 24 years, I have experienced various companies large and small, and trust me, there are only a few like Zscaler – in terms of the opportunity it has to offer and the work environment. The technology is cutting edge and way ahead of the competition. A very open and friendly culture is what appeals to me the most. Even though the company is over 350 employees, access to the execs is easy and friendly.

Cons

Execution is challenging at times but we have made great improvements! It will only get better, I know!

Keep up the great work and the passion! Its great to work here!

Smart people, phenomenal product, well-run company

Current Employee - Marketing  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Here's what I tell everyone about 'Why Zscaler' -

- Solid product as evidenced by its marquee and highly-satisfied customers. The Zscaler offering is compelling - similar to other SaaS offerings like Google Apps, Salesforce, and Netsuite, customers are adopting because it's more effective, easier to deploy and manage and offers significant cost savings. Additionally, Zscaler is a very customer-oriented company and that shows in its high renewal and upsell rates.

- Experienced management team who are making all the right moves for a blockbuster IPO in next 12-18 months. The CEO is a serial entrepreneur and a nice person to boot. The SVP of Product is a visionary and the SVP of Engineering is the one who makes it all happen with a smile. The COO and CMO have deep experience with other successful companies - Palo Alto Networks, Postini, etc - and have built a strong pipeline that continues to grow exponentially.

- Smart and talented employees who have built a strong team-oriented culture - there is none of the preening or self-congratulations I've seen promoted at other tech companies. Many of the employees, particularly in engineering, have been here for a long time.

- Transparent and ongoing communications. The company holds quarterly and mid-point check-in meetings. The CEO also sends out notes that highlight an accomplishment or shares customer feedback. Every time the company signs a big deal, there is a brief celebration with champagne.

Cons

I do have to set expectations -

- Office environment is a bit old school - office park in middle of nowhere with high-walled cubicles carpeted in beige/brown tones - but they're looking to move and change up their style in next year.

- Engineering culture heavily tilted toward back-end - it's a huge opportunity for rockstar UX/designers/front-end engineers to come in and have an immediate and lasting impact.

- Not one of those start-ups that spends mindlessly on crazy perks. You'll appreciate regular team lunches but you'll also get out and enjoy local businesses.

Keep up the good work! Continue to hire great people, focus on results, not activities and promote a positive culture.

Exciting opportunity in the red hot cloud-based security market

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time for less than a year

Pros

Experienced management team with a track record of successful exits. Smart, passionate people who really believe in the company and the product. Incredible Fortune 1000 customer base - the world's biggest brands rely on Zscaler. Innovative technology that is bringing a completely different approach to enterprise security. Opportunity for career growth as the company grows. You make your own destiny here. Competitive comp and benefits. Expected to be one of the hottest IPOs of 2015!

Cons

The office is located in north San Jose and is a bit of a dump. However, we are moving to better digs soon. And I'd rather see a company invest in its people and products than in fancy offices.

Keep up the high standards for hiring. We are bringing some really great, talented people on board who will help take the company to the next level.

Current Employee - Accounting  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Zscaler full-time for less than a year

Pros

People! When the company says they focus on their employees they mean it. Professional and intelligent people throughout the company. Regular updates provided by management to employees which keeps us involved and focused

Cons

As company is still scaling up you do not see many training tools as with bigger companies....but do hear a plan is underway (so HR actually reads the employee survey!!!)

Fabulous - amazing and exciting

I have been working at Zscaler

Pros

We just had a presentation for the whole company from Morgan Stanley about how Zscaler is going to be one of the biggest software IPOs next year. It's very exciting. The company has a huge lead from a technology platform and vision perspective and the competition is very weak. Sales turnover, which some of the posts here talk about - is a thing of the past now - the head of sales has been with the company for four years, the heads of EMEA and channels have three or more years of tenure - where there was turnover was in North America sales, but that is now fixed - our head of Americas has been with us a year now and he is a total stud. And we just hired a new head of sales ops away from VM Ware.

Cons

This is an Internet security infrastructure company - it might not sound as cool to your friends as the next Snapchat.
    If you are looking for a startup - this is not it - we are about to be 600 people - so this is a fast growing, already profitable mid-sized SaaS company on the way to an IPO.

Keep on track for the IPO - key is hiring great people.

Career blunder

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Zscaler full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to learn about how the COMPETITION exceeds industry knowledge and vision.

Cons

Revolving leadership (new VP sales each year), revolving employees (sales and SE's) and executives. No real security knowledge nor respect towards partners.

They are trying to increase addressable market with solutions instead of investing in current solutions and internal talent.

Comp plan is the worst in the industry while leadership takes deals to be paid as reps.

Know your industry, invest in your employees and stop telling clients they do not need any other AV solution since Zscaler's only answers some ports and does not perform deep packet inspections.

Zscaler Response

Sep 28, 2014Chief Marketing Officer

I'm not sure you are an actual employee - maybe this is a competitor doing an anonymous posting?

Let's see - our head of sales Lane Bess has been with the company for four years. Our head of
    ... More

Superb company, great opportunity

I have been working at Zscaler

Pros

Great people to work with. Fortune 500 customers, almost all super happy. Great technology. This company is the real deal.

Cons

You need to be willing to put in the hours and really think hard. This isn't a giant company where you can hide. Everyone is expected to contribute.

Keep hiring but don't lower the bar. We've got tons of smart people, let's get tons more smart people.

Worked for Zscaler? Contribute to the Community!