Zuberance Reviews

Reset
2.8
Rob Fuggetta

1. Zuberance review

Pros

Good engineering setup, streamlined agile process. Two week intervals

Cons

Somewhat confusing product, other than that not much.

Great Engineering, Mediocre CEO

Former Employee - Front End Developer in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Front End Developer in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Zuberance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We had a great engineering team, strong leadership from VPs of Eng and Product. Lots of time to properly architect and design, and to learn new tech.

Cons

CEO had a great vision but unable to execute on the sales and marketing side. Board gave bad advice on releasing product and in the end we were unable to raise a C round.

Terrible company and worse CEO

Pros

There are no pros to working at this company

Cons

I have never been treated so terrible by any company in my career as this one. The CEO is a tyrant bully who just promotes his book that no one cares to read and is terrible to employees.

Advice to Management

There is no advice needed to give the CEO as this company has no money and is about to perish. My only advice is the CEO needs to find a new line of work.

No Wonder the Investors and Employees Bailed!

I worked at Zuberance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The customer success group is the only group that keeps business going here. But they can use some improvement as well.

Cons

The biggest CON is the CEO, literally! He is extremely unprofessional, incredibly glib, always looking to cut corners, and only concerned with making a fast buck. Employees quiet down when he comes by their desks in fear and discomfort. Clients have actually laughed because he is more concerned with promoting his book and telling people that he created the category of brand advocacy. NOONE cares! Even if that was remotely true, how about building some advocacy internally within the company employees? 10+ employees have left within the past year!

Advice to Management

To the CEO - Lead by example - its brand advocacy! Build advocacy internally with employees. Noone wants to follow a bully/dictator, including your other senior management! Stop selling a dream of a buyout and face the reality of employees not buying in.

no morals or ethics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Zuberance full-time

Pros

Great product/service, but there are other similar businesses.

Cons

CEO is money-hungry, talks down to employees, and customers, does not listen, does not respond to communication, and only cares about the well-being of his bank account and finace, whom is always at the office. This is the most unorganized business I've ever worked for or heard of. There is no growth in individual positions or for the company itself. Employees are over-worked, and not appreciated in the slightest.

Advice to Management

Stop micromanaging. All of the roles the CEO claims he has to be involved in are voluntary, the company and employees would do just fine without him having his hands in every aspect of the business. Recognize achievements and successes instead of finding the smallest thing possibly wrong with something to make someone feel like crap.

7. Exhilarating experience working on the cutting edge of marketing with a talented/dedicated team, inspiring leadership.

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Zuberance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- opportunity to establish self as an authority in Brand Advocacy, the cutting-edge of marketing today - talented team with excellent collaborative spirit working towards helping all customers experience the most value the platform can provide - when the right mix of options exist for customers to succeed, the strategies work like nothing seen in marketing before: being able to deliver 10X - 30X return on investment for customers is my idea of FUN - can't say enough great things about the CEO...bright, bold, visionary with so much wisdom and impressive amount of pragmatism with the insight to know when and what to take risks on - my direct manager is not only one of the best managers I have ever had, but a good friend, too, knowing when to support and when to challenge and when to give me a break - work from home flexibility is an option for our team once you earn respect and prove proficiency - the people who work here are fun to hang out with and I foresee long term relationships long after this work relationship - fooseball, playful atmosphere, offsites with fun bonding activities like SF Giants games and cooking classes, and free snax in the break room, plus bagel Mondays! - great benefits (insurance is some of the best you can get)

Cons

- it's a start-up, so it's often challenging to maintain work-life balance with the demands of customers and investors (great place to learn to prioritize and discern where you can have the greatest impact) - development resources are sometimes limited, challenging us to work around platform limitations at times (a good skill to have) - less collaboration between developers and implementers than I would prefer at times

Advice to Management

- resume internal surveys of staff once we make it past the next hurdle...we have lots to add to our initial request of improvements to make Zuberance an even better place to work ,and we believe in internal Advocacy, so don't forget to energize us - check in earlier with implementers to see how accounts will be impacted before making decisions that will affect our ability to succeed

Ups and Downs. Challenging in many ways, too easy in others, overall temperamental.

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA

Pros

A hot space, with a great philosophy, and a killer idea.

Cons

Extremely challenging upper management, lots of favoritism, unappreciative, and often disappointing decisions.

Advice to Management

Listen, and pay more attention to details.

9. An exciting company that I'm proud to say I am part of which is full of intelligent, driven individuals

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

-Open atmosphere -Transparent environment -employees have strong work ethic -CEO: very accessible, glowing with passion about Zuberance and brand advocacy (sold his house to start this company), respected in the industry -very fun company to be a part of -progressive product and continues to be enhanced

Cons

(this isn't necessarily a con, just a warning to any potential new hires)- you must be a start-up person to succeed as a Zuberance employee. You must be driven, responsive, and be able to contribute to the company in substantial, creative ways.

Advice to Management

Clearly differentiate the non-start-up people from start-up people when evaluating potential new hires.

10. Full of Talent!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

Zuberance is full of talented people and as a current employee I am very proud to be a member of the team and extremely excited about the company's future. What really matters is that this is a place full of smart, engaged, driven people and everyone excels at delivering to our satisfied customers. Here your boss always knows what's going on. Unlike most companies they know each and everyone of us. There is a culture of openness from the management level down, so we always have a good idea of the company's current situation, challenges and strategies. The company has a great tradition of internal and external transparency. At quarterly meetings management shares extensive details about company financials, sales pipeline and other critical topics, that way we’re always kept informed. One of our key values is FUN and we always find time for it!

Cons

There's some growing pains because of the fast company growth. The open-desk style environment can be distracting and cause it hard to concentrate but its benefit is that its a great way collaborate as a team.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the best!

11. Early stage business, sitting on huge opportunity...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

Pros

Employees are great, fun, competitive, driven, customer-centric, honest, committed hardworking and intelligent. World Class Engineering Team, building something that will truly enable WOM/Advocate Marketing at Scale for the the first time in history!

Cons

Office environment challenging, as we are busting at the seems. Early stage company going through growing pains, not for everybody. If you are less concerned about title, and more concerned about contribution/impact and building something legendary, Zuberance is a great spot for you.

Advice to Management

A well run company attracts great talent and empowers great talent, by clearly defining objectives/priorities, and holding people accountable. It is time to transition from a really early stage company, to one that embraces more structure, clarity and accountabilty.

RSS Feed </> Embed