Zuberance

www.zuberance.com

Zuberance Reviews

Rob Fuggetta
1 Rating

Exhilarating experience working on the cutting edge of marketing with a talented/dedicated team, inspiring leadership.

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Zuberance full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- opportunity to establish self as an authority in Brand Advocacy, the cutting-edge of marketing today
    - talented team with excellent collaborative spirit working towards helping all customers experience the most value the platform can provide
    - when the right mix of options exist for customers to succeed, the strategies work like nothing seen in marketing before: being able to deliver 10X - 30X return on investment for customers is my idea of FUN
    - can't say enough great things about the CEO...bright, bold, visionary with so much wisdom and impressive amount of pragmatism with the insight to know when and what to take risks on
    - my direct manager is not only one of the best managers I have ever had, but a good friend, too, knowing when to support and when to challenge and when to give me a break
    - work from home flexibility is an option for our team once you earn respect and prove proficiency
    - the people who work here are fun to hang out with and I foresee long term relationships long after this work relationship
     - fooseball, playful atmosphere, offsites with fun bonding activities like SF Giants games and cooking classes, and free snax in the break room, plus bagel Mondays!
    - great benefits (insurance is some of the best you can get)

Cons

- it's a start-up, so it's often challenging to maintain work-life balance with the demands of customers and investors (great place to learn to prioritize and discern where you can have the greatest impact)
    - development resources are sometimes limited, challenging us to work around platform limitations at times (a good skill to have)
    - less collaboration between developers and implementers than I would prefer at times

- resume internal surveys of staff once we make it past the next hurdle...we have lots to add to our initial request of improvements to make Zuberance an even better place to work ,and we believe in internal Advocacy, so don't forget to energize us
    - check in earlier with implementers to see how accounts will be impacted before making decisions that will affect our ability to succeed

Terrible company and worse CEO

I worked at Zuberance

Pros

There are no pros to working at this company

Cons

I have never been treated so terrible by any company in my career as this one. The CEO is a tyrant bully who just promotes his book that no one cares to read and is terrible to employees.

There is no advice needed to give the CEO as this company has no money and is about to perish. My only advice is the CEO needs to find a new line of work.

No Wonder the Investors and Employees Bailed!

I worked at Zuberance full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The customer success group is the only group that keeps business going here. But they can use some improvement as well.

Cons

The biggest CON is the CEO, literally! He is extremely unprofessional, incredibly glib, always looking to cut corners, and only concerned with making a fast buck. Employees quiet down when he comes by their desks in fear and discomfort. Clients have actually laughed because he is more concerned with promoting his book and telling people that he created the category of brand advocacy. NOONE cares! Even if that was remotely true, how about building some advocacy internally within the company employees? 10+ employees have left within the past year!

To the CEO - Lead by example - its brand advocacy! Build advocacy internally with employees. Noone wants to follow a bully/dictator, including your other senior management! Stop selling a dream of a buyout and face the reality of employees not buying in.

no morals or ethics

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Carlos, CA

I worked at Zuberance full-time

Pros

Great product/service, but there are other similar businesses.

Cons

CEO is money-hungry, talks down to employees, and customers, does not listen, does not respond to communication, and only cares about the well-being of his bank account and finace, whom is always at the office. This is the most unorganized business I've ever worked for or heard of. There is no growth in individual positions or for the company itself. Employees are over-worked, and not appreciated in the slightest.

Stop micromanaging. All of the roles the CEO claims he has to be involved in are voluntary, the company and employees would do just fine without him having his hands in every aspect of the business. Recognize achievements and successes instead of finding the smallest thing possibly wrong with something to make someone feel like crap.

Ups and Downs. Challenging in many ways, too easy in others, overall temperamental.

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Carlos, CA

I have been working at Zuberance

Pros

A hot space, with a great philosophy, and a killer idea.

Cons

Extremely challenging upper management, lots of favoritism, unappreciative, and often disappointing decisions.

Listen, and pay more attention to details.

An exciting company that I'm proud to say I am part of which is full of intelligent, driven individuals

I have been working at Zuberance

Pros

-Open atmosphere
    -Transparent environment
    -employees have strong work ethic
    -CEO: very accessible, glowing with passion about Zuberance and brand advocacy (sold his house to start this company), respected in the industry
    -very fun company to be a part of
    -progressive product and continues to be enhanced

Cons

(this isn't necessarily a con, just a warning to any potential new hires)- you must be a start-up person to succeed as a Zuberance employee. You must be driven, responsive, and be able to contribute to the company in substantial, creative ways.

Clearly differentiate the non-start-up people from start-up people when evaluating potential new hires.

Full of Talent!

I have been working at Zuberance

Pros

Zuberance is full of talented people and as a current employee I am very proud to be a member of the team and extremely excited about the company's future. What really matters is that this is a place full of smart, engaged, driven people and everyone excels at delivering to our satisfied customers.

Here your boss always knows what's going on. Unlike most companies they know each and everyone of us. There is a culture of openness from the management level down, so we always have a good idea of the company's current situation, challenges and strategies. The company has a great tradition of internal and external transparency. At quarterly meetings management shares extensive details about company financials, sales pipeline and other critical topics, that way we’re always kept informed.

One of our key values is FUN and we always find time for it!

Cons

There's some growing pains because of the fast company growth. The open-desk style environment can be distracting and cause it hard to concentrate but its benefit is that its a great way collaborate as a team.

Keep hiring the best!

Early stage business, sitting on huge opportunity...

I have been working at Zuberance

Pros

Employees are great, fun, competitive, driven, customer-centric, honest, committed hardworking and intelligent.

World Class Engineering Team, building something that will truly enable WOM/Advocate Marketing at Scale for the the first time in history!

Cons

Office environment challenging, as we are busting at the seems.
    Early stage company going through growing pains, not for everybody.
    If you are less concerned about title, and more concerned about contribution/impact and building something legendary, Zuberance is a great spot for you.

A well run company attracts great talent and empowers great talent, by clearly defining objectives/priorities, and holding people accountable. It is time to transition from a really early stage company, to one that embraces more structure, clarity and accountabilty.

A great environment for driven engineers

I have been working at Zuberance

Pros

I can only speak to the engineering environment at Zuberance.

- A strong team made of mostly young, driven engineers and very positive inter-team relationships
    - An environment where the team is encouraged to find new solutions/technologies to solve problems
    - A very organized development cycle that provides good structure for understanding and meeting expectations
    - Recognition for those who perform above and beyond comes quickly
    - A hands off approach from the management that allows motivated engineers to find their own solutions
    - A very flat team structure without needless title layers but retaining the ability for individual members to gain responsibility
    - Realistic expectations regarding time frames and a respect for personal lives outside of work. This isn't a sweat shop where engineers are sleeping under their desks.

Cons

Again from the perspective of engineering:

- There is no room for those who may be used to flying under the radar at larger companies. Every member of the team gets their hands dirty every day.
    - Things move very fast and can occasionally change rapidly as a result. This is typical for any early stage tech company.
    - Very little hand holding. One has to be personally driven to succeed.

The company is growing quickly and with that there will always be some associated rocky patches. My advice would be that as the company gets larger every member of the management and teams will need to trust that their teams more and more to take personal responsibility and get their tasks done. This will only get more and more challenging as the company grows and teams get larger.

True startup that continues to overcome obstacles

I have been working at Zuberance

Pros

- Organized: My tasks within the company are well-defined within the clear roadmap of the company.
    - Communication: Inter-team communication is structured. Although not perfect, disputes are dealt with quickly rather than waiting for the bomb to drop.
    - Each person here has a personality: no 9-5 work zombies who lack motivation.
    - Many different personalities working to maintain a defined set of company values.
    - The idea of the company has not changed since I've been here, yet I've seen the idea go from unproven -> to proven -> to desired by big-brand companies in a short amount of time
    - Transportation is easy with a nearby Caltrain station
    - Food options around the company are limitless

Cons

- Office can be too loud or too quiet at times
    - Office can be crowded due to the company's growth

- Continue to keep us up to date on company wins and losses.
    - Continue to be encouraging leaders and constructive teachers.