Zumba Fitness
www.zumba.com Hallandale, FL 150 to 499 Employees

Zumba Fitness Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014
Zumba Fitness – Vika – “Ann Miller”

Alberto Perlman

ZUMBALICIOUS

Zumba Fitness Instructor (Current Employee)

ProsFun way to get people motivated to stay fit & healthy

ConsNot enough hours in the day to do Zumba

Zumba Fitness has changed my life

Zumba Fitness Instructor (Current Employee)
    Bowling Green, KY

ProsZumba has been very rewarding it's been the best experience becoming an instructor next to having my children. I love to inspire people and they in turn inspire me. I've been able to achieve some personal goals while cheering my students on to their personal goals, there is nothing like group fitness. I stand behind the vision of Zumba fitness.

ConsSometimes dealing with gym owners can be a challenge. They don't understand the program and at times can be challenging but the students make it all worth while. At times it is difficult getting paid and this gets frustrating especially being a contracted employee. You really see the difference in how different facilities operate some are much more professional than others. In the end we don't do this for money we do this because it is our passion and we love our students but dealing with difficult owners can be a challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if they had convention at a different time than in August, back to school that is the most expensive time of the year other than Christmas. I've not been able to attend yet and would love to. Maybe a more central location like Nashville Tn? or Missouri? Louisville KY? I thankfully can attend a Jam session now and then to get a taste of H O. and keep up on skills but I miss out on the fire of the big convention and hope to one day attend.

Not bad for a junior - IT department

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Hallandale, FL

Prosif you are junior developer in the IT department , you will find out that it is pretty easy buring job . but if you are looking for a challenge, worst place to be.

Cons1- no room to growth except if you are friend or family of the owners
    2 -your ideas will never be consider - except if you are good buddy with the manager (brown nose)
    3- management positions are hold by people with 0 experience, that take rookie decisions

Advice to Senior Managementworst ever .. find a job that fit your skills

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Best job I ever had - I work in the home office and am an active instructor as well

Director Level (Current Employee)
    Hallandale, FL

ProsOf course everyone has to find a job that is a good fit for their skills, goals, personality and work ethic. This is the right place for anyone who has creativity, likes a challenge, is innovative and wants to experience what it is like to work for a growing, global company. The work is rewarding and the employees are top quality.
    1. Generous management
    2. Excellent work environment
    3. Great benefits.

ConsNone. This job may not be right for some people but you can't find fault with the opportunities here and the support from the owners and top management. Everyone is given the chance to be the best you can be.

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for all you do for us.

I love the trainings

Zumba Instructor (Current Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

Proshealthy and fitness and great atmosphere

Consno cons…it's a great company with great people

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the great work

If you are looking for a place to grow don’t apply…

ProsI used to believe that working for them had pros but as time went on I sadly started to realize that it was all just smoke and mirrors. They weave such amazing stories and promise such great things but over time you start to realize a little more each day that you are losing more and more “benefits” and that the stories are just that stories.

ConsThe hypocritical managers that feel they are above reproach which allows them to abuse any “power’ they feel they may have. This allows some people to do whatever he/she wants to do without any repercussions while others are either ignored or made miserable. As an employee if you are not happy or have an issue you have no place to go as the company does not really have a true HR department.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice is simple time with the company does not necessarily mean that you should be promoted. I say this for two reasons the first being that some of the members of management are opening you up to potential lawsuits and you are losing some amazingly talented people because of managment.

Canceling a membership

Zumba Instructor (Current Employee)
    Buffalo, NY

ProsFitness routine that works well but shows plateau after multiple routines which are the same

ConsHave to pay a month after canceling your membership because their billing and receipts do not match up ... Warning to all instructors stay away from this company and be prepared to pay extra when you want to cancel your membership

Advice to Senior ManagementFix your receipts and the way in which the billing is set up also get new material that is entirely different and not half knock off of the month before

Love Dancing and getting pay at the same time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou like to help people lose weight, encourage them day by day, love dancing, anyone can do it.

Conssince everyone can do it you have a lot of competition on this company. i had a lot of issues with the gyms that hired me because since it was a lot of competition they didn't pay me several times because they were not making enough money to cover all the expenses.

Getting paid to work out

Certified Zumba Instructor (Current Employee)
    North Branch, MN

ProsYou can make your own schedule.

ConsHard to grow class sized, therefore income.

Awesome Benefits!

ProsThe benefits of ZIN, the new dvd's and cd's we get for being a member and not to mention having an awesome body!! lol

ConsCan't really think of any at this time!

Worked for Zumba Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zumba Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zumba Fitness CEO Alberto Perlman. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Zumba Fitness employees.