Zumba Fitness Reviews

Good Company

Current Employee - Customer Care  in  Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at Zumba Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. Good probabilities of growing within the Company.

Cons

Dealing with disgruntled customers. Constant policy changes

Improve shipping policy

Great Company! Full of Energy

Current Employee - Technology  in  Hallandale Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Technology in Hallandale Beach, FL

I have been working at Zumba Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company has focus on making the morale of the staff happy. Conventions, trips, and flexible schedules. They have a young and youthful atmosphere that makes it easy to work there. Has the feel of a tech startup with the amount of people of a medium-sized company. I've learned a lot of useful skills that can transfer to other future opportunities through a growing and expanding company.

Cons

Management issues all over; many revolving doors. A lot of management positions turn over in a very short period of time. There aren't many opportunities to move up, because there is already a set-base of individuals that control the flow. Unless you come in from the outside into a leadership position... you aren't going to advance very far.

Hire the right people that can stick around longer than a year. When going through several different C-Level position in multiple departments over a short period of time. It isn't encouraging to the staff that has to work under new leadership every few months with a different vision.

Zumba fitness instructor

Former Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor  in  Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Zumba Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great way to stay in shape, and it's a lot of fun, plus a great way to network and explore different types of music and dance. Once you develop a customer base, you can get paid pretty decently, depending on the way you are being paid. Some instructors ask for a certain amount per person, and others are directly paid by a facility per class, in in that case, the pay is usually more consistent.

Cons

First you have to get certified, which costs money, and there's no real guarantee of a job, plus it's very difficult to just teach zumba for a living, as fun as that would be. There's also a lot of competition, and it's a huge challenge to get people to come to your class if they are already used to going to another class. Word of mouth, flyers, facebook page, etc. are the best ways, but none of it is guaranteed. Also, one is expected to pay $30 a month or so for a zumba instructors network online to stay "in the loop" of the zumba world. It's kind of a trick for those working in the higher corporate level to make even more money, although they will send cds with new music every month in return.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ZUMBALICIOUS

Current Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor
    Current Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor

I have been working at Zumba Fitness part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fun way to get people motivated to stay fit & healthy

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do Zumba

Zumba Fitness has changed my life

Current Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor  in  Bowling Green, KY
    Current Employee - Zumba Fitness Instructor in Bowling Green, KY

I have been working at Zumba Fitness as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros

Zumba has been very rewarding it's been the best experience becoming an instructor next to having my children. I love to inspire people and they in turn inspire me. I've been able to achieve some personal goals while cheering my students on to their personal goals, there is nothing like group fitness. I stand behind the vision of Zumba fitness.

Cons

Sometimes dealing with gym owners can be a challenge. They don't understand the program and at times can be challenging but the students make it all worth while. At times it is difficult getting paid and this gets frustrating especially being a contracted employee. You really see the difference in how different facilities operate some are much more professional than others. In the end we don't do this for money we do this because it is our passion and we love our students but dealing with difficult owners can be a challenge.

It would be nice if they had convention at a different time than in August, back to school that is the most expensive time of the year other than Christmas. I've not been able to attend yet and would love to. Maybe a more central location like Nashville Tn? or Missouri? Louisville KY? I thankfully can attend a Jam session now and then to get a taste of H O. and keep up on skills but I miss out on the fire of the big convention and hope to one day attend.

Not bad for a junior - IT department

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Hallandale, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

I worked at Zumba Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

if you are junior developer in the IT department , you will find out that it is pretty easy buring job . but if you are looking for a challenge, worst place to be.

Cons

1- no room to growth except if you are friend or family of the owners
    2 -your ideas will never be consider - except if you are good buddy with the manager (brown nose)
    3- management positions are hold by people with 0 experience, that take rookie decisions

worst ever .. find a job that fit your skills

Best job I ever had - I work in the home office and am an active instructor as well

Current Employee - Director Level  in  Hallandale, FL
    Current Employee - Director Level in Hallandale, FL

I have been working at Zumba Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Of course everyone has to find a job that is a good fit for their skills, goals, personality and work ethic. This is the right place for anyone who has creativity, likes a challenge, is innovative and wants to experience what it is like to work for a growing, global company. The work is rewarding and the employees are top quality.
    1. Generous management
    2. Excellent work environment
    3. Great benefits.

Cons

None. This job may not be right for some people but you can't find fault with the opportunities here and the support from the owners and top management. Everyone is given the chance to be the best you can be.

Thank you for all you do for us.

I love the trainings

Current Employee - Zumba Instructor  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Zumba Instructor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Zumba Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

healthy and fitness and great atmosphere

Cons

no cons…it's a great company with great people

keep up the great work

If you are looking for a place to grow don’t apply…

I have been working at Zumba Fitness full-time

Pros

I used to believe that working for them had pros but as time went on I sadly started to realize that it was all just smoke and mirrors. They weave such amazing stories and promise such great things but over time you start to realize a little more each day that you are losing more and more “benefits” and that the stories are just that stories.

Cons

The hypocritical managers that feel they are above reproach which allows them to abuse any “power’ they feel they may have. This allows some people to do whatever he/she wants to do without any repercussions while others are either ignored or made miserable. As an employee if you are not happy or have an issue you have no place to go as the company does not really have a true HR department.

My advice is simple time with the company does not necessarily mean that you should be promoted. I say this for two reasons the first being that some of the members of management are opening you up to potential lawsuits and you are losing some amazingly talented people because of managment.

Canceling a membership

Current Employee - Zumba Instructor  in  Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Zumba Instructor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Zumba Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fitness routine that works well but shows plateau after multiple routines which are the same

Cons

Have to pay a month after canceling your membership because their billing and receipts do not match up ... Warning to all instructors stay away from this company and be prepared to pay extra when you want to cancel your membership

Fix your receipts and the way in which the billing is set up also get new material that is entirely different and not half knock off of the month before

Worked for Zumba Fitness? Contribute to the Community!