Zuora

Zuora Reviews

Updated Apr 16, 2014

Zuora Founder & CEO Tien Tzuo

Tien Tzuo

Pros:
  • "Fast-paced sensible organization"
    in 5 reviews
  • "An energetic, fun work environment that doesn't feel like work"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Expectation is 24/7 work; no work-life balance"
    in 4 reviews
  • "It's a fast-paced start-up and the work can be challenging; it's not a good fit if you're looking for a place to cruise"
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Smart, dynamic, fast-paced company with huge upside

Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

ProsDisruptive SaaS technology leader in the relationship management software space, Passionate and driven culture, hyper-speed pace, accessibility to everyone, team selling, positive environment, professional but casual, potential for bigger things

ConsStill building the foundation while growing extremely fast, no 401k match

Advice to Senior ManagementExtend new hire training.

So far so good

Engagement Manager (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

ProsYoung and energetic workforce. Very open to changes that improve the company as a whole. Easy access to everyone, including executives.

ConsLack of processes and standards. Making things up as they go along, but improving daily.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing and don't let "experienced" people tell you otherwise.

Dynamic, fast growing company that pushes people hard

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Visionary CEO
- Market opportunity is growing rapidly and Zuora is in the best position to capitalize
- Smart, motivated people
- Solid senior management
- No politics
- Pre IPO
- Company promotes itself we'll and is good at raising money

Cons- Big product footprint and mission critical nature makes it painful to try to keep customers satisfied for a company that hasn't built everything yet
- Management has a hard time saying "no" to opportunity, pursuing all size and type of customer
- Pace can be relentless. There's always more to do than time to do it, and expectations of people's capacity and competence are high

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus and don't push people so hard

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to grow your career with lots of other bright and energetic people

I have been working at Zuora full-time for less than a year

ProsZuora is full of smart, motivated, and energetic people who are always willing to help each other out. Company is trying to double the headcount in the next year, so there is definitely room to grow into new roles and take on additional responsibilities.

CEO and other executives are incredibly bright and visionary people - it's great to learn from individuals like this. The products we sell are industry agnostic, so we have the opportunity to work with clients from a wide variety of industries and learn about their businesses.

New hire on boarding was thorough and impressive - we met representatives from every department and had a chance to understand their roles relative to the overall company. Much better experience than other companies that I have worked for.

Company definitely puts effort into making Zuora a fun place to work, such as offering free food, hosting department-wide and company-wide social events, and promoting a positive team atmosphere.

ConsAs expected with a young and small company, there are some growing pains that we are working through with respect to internal tools, processes, etc.

No 401K match, which is a bummer, but hopefully that will change soon.

Invigorating!

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

Pros3+ Years and never a boring day. You reap what you sow. High standards when it comes to hiring the best of the best.

ConsMoving from Start-up to mid size has its growing pangs

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to grow from within. It motivates the troops

Exciting company that's top in its sector

I have been working at Zuora

ProsWell respected leadership and reputation bringing more business

ConsStill finding it self amidst alot of changes

Manager

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

ProsThe work I do is valued by the leaders of the company, plus I really enjoy the people I work with at Zuora. My colleagues try hard and with good intention. We have a culture here where we believe everyone should operate as the CEO of their area of responsibility, we call it being a ZEO. As a ZEO, I feel I can contribute my best work with creativity and purpose.

Plus, if you have an issue or question, you can always talk to any of the execs, including the CEO.

ConsIt's a fast-paced start-up and the work can be challenging; it's not a good fit if you're looking for a place to cruise.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue communicating to employees. Expand your employee and manager training programs.

Poor sales management in 2014

Account Executive (Current Employee)

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than a year

ProsAny sales job you have after this place will seem like a cake walk

ConsCurrent management in sales is horrible. If you like being berated and put down in front of all of your peers during forecast calls and meetings then this is the company for you. Making your number is a long shot and almost nobody comes close to making their number here. And be prepared to spend most evenings in the office, or else you will hear about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop humiliating people during meetings. This isn't the way to get the best out of your team.

Our Time is NOW!

I have been working at Zuora full-time for more than 3 years

ProsIncredible visionary CEO who takes the time to spend with every employee and who works with us shoulder to shoulder to help us succeed

Zuora has an incredible market opportunity that we are capitalizing on every single day

We live for our customers and our customers are successful because of us

I'm having the time of my life and doing the most important work of my career

We are hitting on all cylinders and are ready to approach the public market in the not too distant future

Equity is generous

I am grateful to be part of such a phenomenal team

ConsI wish I had come aboard sooner

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep our awesome culture

great leadership, smart people, needs work on culture

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Zuora full-time for more than a year

ProsZuora's CEO and others on the executive staff are true visionaries. Zuora is trying to fix a massive problem, and this grandiose goal attracts smart people. During my time of employment (2011-2013) the company was at a size where you could truly have an impact.

ConsIs the massive problem Zuora is trying to solve really as big as they think it is? Is the total addressable market grossly over-estimated? These are troubling questions that bubble underneath the surface.
Also, the CEO's brains and vision come at the cost of building a fun and appealing culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to deviating from your product roadmap if it does become apparent that the TAM is over-estimated.

Worked for Zuora? Contribute to the Community!

Zuora Videos

Zuora – Why Work for Us?

​ ​​Why Zuora?​​ The Subscription Economy changes the way that companies work. Zuora was built to help. ​​About Zuora​​ ​​It all began with a vision in a tiny office in Mountain View, California. In 2007, after… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Zuora reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Zuora CEO Tien Tzuo. All 67 reviews posted anonymously by Zuora employees.