Zynga Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Zynga is a fast-paced and rewarding company.

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Engineering in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Engineering in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga

Pros

Challenging, fast-paced issues to tackle every day and almost everyone here is committed to what we're doing. The compensation and perks are excellent (free food, massages, gym), fun teams and opportunities to learn.

Cons

Sometimes finding myself working more hours than I intended. It's a competitive environment with lots of young people - which is a con from a personal perspective because it takes more effort to stand out.

Advice to Management

Once the massive stock apple goes away I think people will evaluate competitive opportunities. Zynga needs to create a work environment that is sustainable so people don't get burned out and leave.

2. The best place I've ever worked.

I have been working at Zynga

Pros

Challenges and opportunities that you won't find anywhere else right now. A chance to work with smart, dedicated, dynamic, fun people. A great workplace. No formal vacation policy -- if you need time off, you take time off. An opportunity to create stuff that millions of people all over the world will enjoy.

Cons

Fast growing and chaotic. Things change quickly. Big company but still is like a start-up in a lot of ways. If you like things predictable and steady, this is not the place for you.

Big company that still thinks its a startup"

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome environment, lots of perks, many opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Poor Work/Life Balance. Long Hours

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate middle-managers that have been promoted quickly.

5. It is a great place to be.

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Zynga part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great hours Everyone is great to work with the games like Mafia Wars,Mafia Wars2,CafeWorld etc.

Cons

The games at times freeze or just not load

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like equals

I love working here

Current Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks and benefits - Gym, free meals, weekly happy hours, on-site haircuts, massages, bonuses, etc. Kick-ass culture - Not sure why this place is getting so much hate in the news. This is a work environment that definitely challenges employees to work hard, work smart, and collaborate with one another. I love it. Great people - I respect the majority of people here as professionals. Strong leaders are all over the company looking to work with each other towards the company vision. I also appreciate the many friendships I've built. Leaders care about employees - Leadership is always involved in getting their employees to better themselves as professionals and to promote from within. Additionally, there's many Zynga-wide programs that cater towards the serial-entrepreneur (hack-a-thons, game pitch nights, etc.).

Cons

Minimal cons. 1st world problems only (e.g. 3rd floor toaster often times burns my bagels). I suppose the only knack is that this is indeed a challenging environment. Depending on the project you may need to dedicate a solid 60-70 hour week or two (ok maybe three) once a quarter. Though, I'd argue that's not much of a con at all, especially if you love your job.

Advice to Management

It'd be great if employees could have dedicated time within the week and/or month to get more involved with entrepreneurial activities for Zynga (new games, new programs, education, etc.). I know the team is encouraged to do this throughout the quarter, however, it can be difficult for studio teams to make time for this.

I like working here

Current Employee - Senior Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've come across interesting articles of employee testimonies giving less than loving statements about our company. When I first got here in August, 2011 the system was very rough, and had employees working countless hours with unpaid overtime, and often times for no reason. This is not an exaggeration. I just want to throw out my two cents that after this hiccup was fixed last November Zynga has literally been the best company I have worked for. This is my 10th artist job in this industry over the years, so I hope that can give my statement a little weight. Beyond all the perks and employee benefits I've had numerous opportunities to expand my skills in art, and learn other areas which I never was given the chance to at other companies. I'm not trying to trump the testimonies of those who have had less than fortunate experiences at Zynga, but in my own experience I absolutely love working here.

Cons

While I enjoy our current social games that so many people love playing, sometimes I do wonder if we could break into a market with more hardcore-type games.

8. Awesome

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with very bright people. Learning a wide array of languages and skills.

Cons

Not always doing game developing (marketing, code refactoring)

Advice to Management

Take more risks.

9. smart people, amazing HQ

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*The perks really are amazing. Massages, amazing food, in house gym, you really feel taken care of at Zygna.

Cons

*As someone mentioned before, you really need to have your own work-life balance sorted out since its very easy to get caught up with work here, and things move very fast. Definitely not a suitable place for everyone.

Advice to Management

Hire PMS with more diverse backgrounds, such as design and CS, not just number crunchers.

The Best Place

Current Employee - Chef in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Chef in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Innovation,community, fun, opportunity, autonomy to be creative, diversity...

Cons

Gain some extra wait if you are not a work out person, the food is too god :)

Principal Software Engineer

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very smart people, and seriously, nothing beats Game development in terms of engineering challenges.

Cons

Bad press and negative outside perceptions due to some unfitted employees (possibly from too many bad acquisitions and recruitments).

Advice to Management

Focus more on hiring the right people with the right mindset.

RSS Feed </> Embed