Zynga

Principal Software Engineer

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very smart people, and seriously, nothing beats Game development in terms of engineering challenges.

Cons

Bad press and negative outside perceptions due to some unfitted employees (possibly from too many bad acquisitions and recruitments).

Focus more on hiring the right people with the right mindset.

Amazing internship

Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Zynga as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Every amenity you would want in the headquarters, fully stocked kitchens and great meals. Managers are constantly looking out to help you in your career development. Fast iteration gave tons of room for improvement.

Cons

Some late nights trying to make deadlines, but most of the time this wasn't the case because of excellent Producers.

Keep on looking out for younger worker's career development. It's a huge motivator

The Best Place

Current Employee - Chef in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Chef in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Innovation,community, fun, opportunity, autonomy to be creative, diversity...

Cons

Gain some extra wait if you are not a work out person, the food is too god :)

smart people, amazing HQ

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (less than a year)

Pros

*The perks really are amazing. Massages, amazing food, in house gym, you really feel taken care of at Zygna.

Cons

*As someone mentioned before, you really need to have your own work-life balance sorted out since its very easy to get caught up with work here, and things move very fast. Definitely not a suitable place for everyone.

Hire PMS with more diverse backgrounds, such as design and CS, not just number crunchers.

thanks to zynga

Current Employee - Zynga Game Network Inc in Bogor, West Java (Indonesia)
    Current Employee - Zynga Game Network Inc in Bogor, West Java (Indonesia)

I have been working at Zynga full-time (less than a year)

Pros

zynga is the best game in the world

Cons

want to give the best

always the spirit without giving the slightest

Once in a lifetime opportunity!

I have been working at Zynga

Pros

Workplace is fun and exciting with plenty of perks! People are complaining about hours but then they want to go occupy some street when they are out of a job. Bottom line is if you work hard at Zynga you will be rewarded. If you slack and think no one is watching then you will learn the hard way that your just not cut out for the major league over here at Zynga!

Cons

I'd like to work on more games at once but I do enjoy the brainstorming events. I feel my voice can be heard at the events .

Keep your eyes on the road and hand up on the wheel! So far, I am more than satisfied.

For me it is lot of entertaining games.

Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst
    Current Employee - Human Resources Analyst

I have been working at Zynga part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Best sideline to earn money at home.

Cons

Some of my friends cannot gets the real meaning of this.

Try to communicate to their employees from time to time to update them, if possible each and every one of them.

Awesome

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Working with very bright people. Learning a wide array of languages and skills.

Cons

Not always doing game developing (marketing, code refactoring)

Take more risks.

I like working here

Current Employee - Senior Artist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Artist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've come across interesting articles of employee testimonies giving less than loving statements about our company. When I first got here in August, 2011 the system was very rough, and had employees working countless hours with unpaid overtime, and often times for no reason. This is not an exaggeration. I just want to throw out my two cents that after this hiccup was fixed last November Zynga has literally been the best company I have worked for. This is my 10th artist job in this industry over the years, so I hope that can give my statement a little weight. Beyond all the perks and employee benefits I've had numerous opportunities to expand my skills in art, and learn other areas which I never was given the chance to at other companies.

I'm not trying to trump the testimonies of those who have had less than fortunate experiences at Zynga, but in my own experience I absolutely love working here.

Cons

While I enjoy our current social games that so many people love playing, sometimes I do wonder if we could break into a market with more hardcore-type games.

I love working here

Current Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Producer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Zynga full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Perks and benefits - Gym, free meals, weekly happy hours, on-site haircuts, massages, bonuses, etc.
    Kick-ass culture - Not sure why this place is getting so much hate in the news. This is a work environment that definitely challenges employees to work hard, work smart, and collaborate with one another. I love it.
    Great people - I respect the majority of people here as professionals. Strong leaders are all over the company looking to work with each other towards the company vision. I also appreciate the many friendships I've built.
    Leaders care about employees - Leadership is always involved in getting their employees to better themselves as professionals and to promote from within. Additionally, there's many Zynga-wide programs that cater towards the serial-entrepreneur (hack-a-thons, game pitch nights, etc.).

Cons

Minimal cons. 1st world problems only (e.g. 3rd floor toaster often times burns my bagels). I suppose the only knack is that this is indeed a challenging environment. Depending on the project you may need to dedicate a solid 60-70 hour week or two (ok maybe three) once a quarter. Though, I'd argue that's not much of a con at all, especially if you love your job.

It'd be great if employees could have dedicated time within the week and/or month to get more involved with entrepreneurial activities for Zynga (new games, new programs, education, etc.). I know the team is encouraged to do this throughout the quarter, however, it can be difficult for studio teams to make time for this.