a i solutions

Updated Jan 10, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Robert Sperling Jr

Great peers to work with, but management is suspect when it comes to actually managing things

Systems Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at a i solutions full-time

ProsIf placed in the right situation and environment, you get to work on the most fun and interesting projects with some smart and great people. When possible, managers are typically good at casting employees in positions where they'll excel or are willing to accommodate employee's desire to change positions.

ConsThe vast majority of managers are former engineers who try to bring the same approaches that they found to be successful when they were lowly engineers/analysts into their managerial duties which doesn't work. They lack the skills needed to inspire the people under them and are able to hide that deficiency by simply being fortunate enough to have a good number of self-motivating employees to perform quality work.

The company's policy on continuing education is also suspect. They won't reimburse you for an MBA, but will gladly support your studying Systems Engineering which gives you project management knowledge but not managerial or organizational skills. The company either expects you to develop managerial skills with OJT or will just hire someone with those skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you continue to promote engineers with no managerial skills or business sense, sooner or later it will come back to bite you if it hasn't already.

Pretty Good Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at a i solutions full-time

ProsProjects were fun. There were many different projects to help out on in between major projects. Benefits are pretty good - coming from the perspective of more expensive benefits at my previous position. Management was very flexible with schedules.

ConsNot the companies fault but Gov't contracting is very stressful right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going!! I know the industry is tough right now.

Great company, great people.

I have been working at a i solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsVery interesting technical work, laid back work atmosphere (come and go as you please), work hard and you can move up in a respectable amount of time.

ConsDrab work atmosphere as far as the building and decor go - looks stuck in 1996 and is quite laughable in certain places, though it has improved over the past year.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind ways to better recognize employee work and accomplishments. Overall though, management personnel are nice and personable, and try to establish good relationships with employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience with A.I. has been ok but I think they have some work to do to foster employee loyalty.

Kennedy Space Center, FL

I have been working at a i solutions

ProsIts a small, but growing, company. A.I. has the desire to improve and be competetive in its market. The company is team oriented. I expect the company to continue to grow and improve. They have the desire to retain all employees they hire for as long as they can.

ConsBenefit packages (health, 401K, etc.) are only average or "competitive" as they say. However, health insurance is more expensive than my last employer. Education benifits are inadequate. Funds are sufficient for undergraduate degrees but only if attending local community colleges. Graduate degrees in my field are not offered by local state funded colleges in my area. Travelling out of town for classes is not an option for me. So private or online schools are my only option. Education benefits are not enough to cover this for more than a semester or two. I received no support for annual cetifications and training. I made two requests this year for certification test vouchers, training materials and books but I never received any approval, funding, or answers.

Advice to Senior ManagementEducation for employees is critical to keeping up morale, competence and advancement. Better support for schooling and certification is needed.

Very laid back, professional place to work.

I have been working at a i solutions

ProsCasual work environment, flexible hours as long as you get your work done, very interesting engineering work in the realm of astrodynamics, lots of opportunities to advance. Folks including upper management are very nice and encouraging. The CEO's door is always open. Good benefits, and salaries are respectable.

ConsNot too many actually...the work atmosphere could be a bit more "fun" - the decor is badly outdated. Tasks can be demanding and long hours are needed here and there, but nothing unusual in this day and age. If you are driven to succeed and are a team player, you'll fit in well here.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the micro-managing to a minimum.

Worked for a i solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at a i solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for a i solutions CEO Robert Sperling Jr. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by a i solutions employees.