aap3

Updated Jul 4, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Rod Jackson

US Team is wonderful to work with and cares for team members!

ProsGreat people, challenging work & dynamic environment

ConsPoor executive leadership from Global HQ

Advice to Senior ManagementLet go of old concepts and empower mid & Sr level Mgmt to effect change for growth

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Don't do it - there are too many opportunities out there to choose this one

ProsNice head office
    The weather is sometimes nice in Chilworth

ConsLack of leadership
    Poor HR function and management
    Ridiculous culture - sell nothing yet celebrate with cakes
    Focus on 'Twit of the month' and CSR is farsical
    Shocking reputation in both markets
    Treatment of people
    Inability to deliver
    KPI driven
    If you have a personality and a mind of your own go elsewhere

Advice to Senior ManagementLittle point in providing any advice here. There is one way or the highway.

Not sure what everyone who works here actually does

ProsFriendly recruitment process and the offices are clean and you can usually park nearby

ConsFrom the outside this seems a professional company but once you're on the inside it really isn't all it claims to be!
    So many employees especially upstairs but no idea what they all do.
    Far too much money and time invested in the football club sponsorship
    Very little product training

Advice to Senior ManagementBe clearer on what you actually do and how you do it.
    Communicate with your employees and not just the ones who work in Chilworth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Remember... it's called aap3... All About PEOPLE

Sales (Former Employee) Southampton, England (UK)

ProsThe vast majority of the staff (note, staff - not management) are good, honest, hard working people and want to do nothing but good things for the good of their career and the business.

ConsThe processes within the business are a joke, and the Management level really don't have a clue about what life is like on the shop floor - they are more than happy to sit upstairs (or in their offices) - without much care for what is really happening.

The CEO, although means well, has put in place a team of individuals who are slowly but surely crippling the business, pushing out good people, and sapping the life and good-will out of it's remaining employees.

The COO, an ex employee of a large client of theirs, really doesn't have his finger on the pulse with regards to what it is like to run a small (and they ARE a small company, despite appearances) company, where everyone know's everyone elses name.. and are not just a number like in larger organisations. Bringing in titles like 'Chief of Staff' is plain ridiculous.

There are a number of people within the company who are either selfish, blinkered or plain right lazy and more interested in building their own little cliques or empire, than supporting the rest of the business in achieving their joint goals.

The sponsorship of Southampton Football Club, from the outside, was a really positive move - however the vast majority of staff didn't agree with it and actually resented it, as it took vital funds away from staff development, training, pay rises, or 'real' marketing and building the profile of the business.

The sliding glass doors at the entrance of the building really should be a revolving door - the staff turnover is so high.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a long hard look at yourself, the people you have put in charge of your business and ask yourself why so many people have come and gone in the last 5 years.

The business is, in reality, 25 strong - if you take out the 'on-site' staff... there is absolutely no need for all of the pointless processes and hierarchy that is in place.

Use the money from the SFC sponsorship and invest it in your best assets... your staff, and not the needlessly large layer of management.

Decide on what you want to be... currently the message is blurred. If the staff dont know what they are selling, how on earth are the customers supposed to know.

Don'task staff to sell something that you either haven't got the expertise or cant actually deliver.

False promises and broken dreams.

Sales (Former Employee) Southampton, England (UK)

ProsThis company taught me how not to run a business, how not to look after my staff, how not reward and recognize good work and finally how employing talent-less friends that use big words to show intelligence is a no go.

ConsEverything that i mentioned in the pros! Plus a CEO who has no care for his staff that is more so interested in spending company money on toys like an Aston Martin, Land Rover with all the mod cons and speed boat. When in fact he could of used that money on this staff and business. Utterly ridiculous!!

Advice to Senior ManagementStart from scratch, get rid of the CEO, reflect on yourselves and ask your staff what they think the next step is rather than making rash decisions with no thought process.

In addition to the above stop trying to sell products that you don't have, own or exist it is bad business practice. Do what you are good at, which apparently is recruitment and stop trying to be something that you are not!

Terrible Experience

Sales (Former Employee) Southampton, England (UK)

ProsSome OK people but the majority are just very dull and there isnt much ambition

ConsTerrible leadership:
    Many of the leaders are just mates of the CEO with no real talent. Run like a 1980's boys club - all the leaders have offices and hide away. The CEO has a huge office full of tacky furniture and mascots.
    They have never hit a sales target in the time I have known them and I genuinely cant think of one person that enjoyed working there. Nothing wrong in having egos but you need to have talent with it. The senior leadership team have no idea about running a medium sized business

Advice to Senior ManagementFire the CEO and start to build some decent relationships with your staff

Wouldn't work here ever again! Terrible place to work!

Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) Chilworth, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

ProsThere is nothing good to say about aap3!

ConsNot a good place to work at; very bad vibes and it's run my the CEOs "mates"

Advice to Senior ManagementSort it out stop employing friends and employ real people!

So far so good!

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Southampton, England (UK)

ProsGreat colleagues & enjoy the work. Hard work is rewarded. Company has a clear strategy of what they want to achieve in the medium/long term and has ambitions. Sponsor Southampton FC too and there's opportunities for us employees to get tickets to matches.

ConsEasy for people to put their heads down and not pull their weight

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communication between managers and their employees

Room for improvement

Remote Services Engineer (Current Employee) Southampton, England (UK)

ProsIt's a good place for juniors as they have interesting contracts and partnership with some big companies

ConsNot a good place for go-getters, the longer you keep a low profile, the longer you will stay

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication goes in 2 directions, things can be improved by making balanced decision between targets and reports from teams on the field. This company needs at least 3 independents business analyst.

Worked for aap3? Contribute to the Community!