aap3 Reviews

Rod Jackson

1. Tremendous company with a lot of opportunity

Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Cary, NC
    Current Employee - Business Development Executive in Cary, NC

I have been working at aap3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company with incredibly intuitive senior management. aap3 is growing pretty quickly and most of it is due to the initiatives that upper level management are taking. A lot of room to grow if you are willing to work hard.

Cons

None so far and I'm sure it will stay that way

Advice to Management

Great culture and care for your employees, continue to have an open mind on how/where to grow the business. Try to make smaller business decisions more quickly/efficiently.

2. Contractor Review

Former Employee - Assistant to the Coordinator in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant to the Coordinator in Greensboro, NC

I worked at aap3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team oriented. Helping Fortune 500 companies.

Cons

Contract Position. No stability promised.

3. US Team is wonderful to work with and cares for team members!

I have been working at aap3 full-time

Pros

Great people, challenging work & dynamic environment

Cons

Poor executive leadership from Global HQ

Advice to Management

Let go of old concepts and empower mid & Sr level Mgmt to effect change for growth

5. Fantastic

Current Employee - New Business in Chilworth, Hampshire, South East England, England (UK)

Pros

A fantastic Company with hard working and committed employees. I have been supported since day one and the opportunities that have been presented to me have been incredible. A great office location and a relaxed environment - this is grown up recruitment at its best. I could not recommend aap3 enough to anybody considering a move.

Cons

I have genuinely nothing bad to say about this company

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing - open door policy works great.

6. Positive experience from a current employee

I have been working at aap3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

aap3 gave me an opportunity when I had little previous experience, during my time here I have been developed and give the chance to step up on several occasions. I honestly don't think I would have had nearly as good a career as I've got without the support I've received from aap3. They also take on apprentices and junior employees in order to give people a chance, the apprenticeship scheme is so successful they've even been nominated for an 'apprentice employer of the year' award. aap3 do a lot for charity, whether it be large events like Comic Relief or Red Nose Day or small things for local chosen charities, like this years Guide Dog Foundation. They always take the opportunity to raise money for good causes and assist in team building trying to get all of the departments involved. There are a lot of good people here, with a culture of fun as well as hard work. The atmosphere is improving greatly around the office with most people buying in to new engagement schemes. It's an enjoyable office to be a part of. aap3 are always flexible, whether it be commitments with children or outside activities, they do what they can to be flexible and supportive with hours. It doesn't feel hierarchical, directors and managers are approachable and if you have a new idea, a concern or just a discussion you need to have they will always make the time to listen and take it on board. Personal relationships and friendships around the office are strong, when out on work do's, Xmas parties, etc. you can see it, people don't stay in their team silos, they mingle and have fun all together. That is evident right from the top through to the bottom. There's a lot of negativity on here about aap3 but I can honestly say 99% of it is unfounded from what I can see, the majority of people in this office are happy to be here, care about the company and want a long term future with aap3.

Cons

There are a few issues with cross department collaboration but the business is aware of it and appear to be working on improving it. There's been little opportunity across the business for training over the past couple of years but I don't think aap3 are alone in that taking the recent economic conditions into account.

7. Room for improvement but good so far - Other reviews on here seem very unfair

Current Employee - Sales in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at aap3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good working environment, some good people - Company does seem to have a good strategy though not communicated very effectively. Wouldn't normally write such a review but felt I had to after coming across this site googling aap3 & finding some of the reviews a tad unfair. It's clear that most of these reviews (despite the fact that some say that they are a current employee) are written by people who have left the company with clearly a bitter taste in their mouth, so much so that they have taken the time to go online and anonymously slate them off often using libelous comments. Saying that though it is clear in some of these negative reviews that aap3 would be better off without them as clearly if you are meant to be working from home yet you use the time to "take up a hobby or catch up on some z's" then you are evidently not doing your job and it's a good thing you no longer work there.

Cons

Staff training needs improving - Business model isn't flawed just seems that people aren't as on top of / knowledgeable of the companies business plan as they should be. Also there are far to many managers with big titles for a company of this size.

Advice to Management

There are clearly quite a few disgruntled people who have worked for aap3 and although some reviews are overly harsh, there is clearly some fundamental problems that need addressing. There needs to be better communication & training - really drive home what we do as a company. Less senior managers with fancy job titles and these managers need to be more approachable. People should be able to voice their concerns directly to the company instead of taking to an external website and slagging the company off though this may stem from HR who seem unapproachable at times

8. Ok experience so far

I have been working at aap3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice offices, modern in a nice location and there is pleanty of parking space.Good work / social balance. Salary is fairly competitve (although hard work should be rewarded better).

Cons

Limited opportunities and a seemingly lack of corporate direction. Big company mentality applied to what is in reality quite a small company. Doesn't seem like there's much opportunities within aap3 in order to make progress in your career.

Advice to Management

Better communication, people don't seem to have a clear understanding of the companies goals / vision. This can be accomplished through fairly basic measures such as better training. Management also need to be seen as more approachable.

9. Shambles - Regret Ever Working There

Current Employee - Sales in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at aap3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Cant think of any real pros part from the fact that a few colleagues were ok. Oh yes, they had a table tennis table but t was out outside and rotted.

Cons

Very hostile environment created by the so called leadership. They seem to to be about 20 years behind everything they do, and that includes attitudes and diversity. Te organisation was rotten the crew when i was there.

Advice to Management

Advice to the board would be to replace the CEO who is living in the 1950's. Bk. culture could be stamped out but some basic changes in personnel. They have had the same SLRP for the past 5 years and never achieved any of it.....perhaps its tie to set the bar a bit lower

10. Horrendous management style, a truly horrible experience and one that I’ll never forget, unimaginable treatment!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

I worked at aap3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good offices and setting. There are, or were, some genuinely nice people working there, with good values and with the company's best intentions at heart, but all have been sold a dream that they know will never be a reality.

Cons

Reading the previous reviews I have to admit that I was chuckling, as all of this is true, the negative comments anyway. From the moment you walk in the door on your first day, unbeknown to you, your card is marked. This is the result of a legacy of infighting between egotistical department heads, meaning you are judged neither by individual results or your personality, but purely by the area of the business you work in. There are several people there who I never heard a peep out of; they are so far removed from the day to day operations, totally hands off, locked away in their offices all day. You would never know they were in the building (and there are only 20 or so people there). What do they actually do? Who knows? I doubt if even the CEO would have a clue if you asked him, but he keeps them on anyway as they’re all friends. As an organisation aap3 have made a drastic oversight of the market they operate in. They try too hard to mirror the attributes of their main client, a global networking organisation, and try to apply their structure, org chart, process and operations across to their own SMALL company. This doesn’t work, and will never work, especially if the current structure stays the same. An example job title is ‘Chief of Staff’… what are they, the US Army? What’s more frustrating is that they have no clear vision, trying to sell IT services that they just cannot deliver on. They don’t have the technical resource, technical knowhow, or strategy in house, so even the most basic requirements end in chaos, confusion and failure. They have recently underperformed in terms of sales figures. Why? Zero training (and I do mean zero), absolutely no investment whatsoever, budgets slashed, woeful treatment of staff. The result… large but empty offices, minimal team spirit, negative and fake atmosphere, and people leaving left right and centre. The commission structure is a joke, I’ve seen a copy and it is designed to take as much money away from the salesperson as humanly possible, just proves that they don’t know what they’re doing! The Saints sponsorship, what a waste of money, it's got them nowhere! There are too many horror stories to tell, but to sum it up, horrendous management style, a truly horrible experience and one that I’ll never forget, unimaginable treatment. I wouldn’t be doing this review any justice if I didn’t mention the HR department who can only be described as totally unprofessional, unqualified, unapproachable, and who fabricate untrue gossip and rumours throughout the organisation with no foundation, seemingly originating from their own twisted imagination; and this is HR, the one department people are supposed to trust, never seen such unprofessionalism in my life, and probably never will. They should be ashamed of themselves! You have to see it to believe it, although I would not recommend it!

Advice to Management

Stop trying to be the gleaming corporate machine you think you are, because you're not! Focus on making money rather than haemorrhaging it, if you care to open your eyes for long enough.

11. Don't do it - there are too many opportunities out there to choose this one

Pros

Nice head office The weather is sometimes nice in Chilworth

Cons

Lack of leadership Poor HR function and management Ridiculous culture - sell nothing yet celebrate with cakes Focus on 'Twit of the month' and CSR is farsical Shocking reputation in both markets Treatment of people Inability to deliver KPI driven If you have a personality and a mind of your own go elsewhere

Advice to Management

Little point in providing any advice here. There is one way or the highway.

RSS Feed </> Embed