adMarketplace Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
adMarketplace Chairman and CEO Jamie Hill
Jamie Hill

Pros
  • The views are killer, most employees are cool, and newbies learn a lot about a complicated industry in a really short time (in 3 reviews)

• Work with very smart people, opportunity to learn every aspect of the business (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Senior management has worked hard to change the behaviors that drove retention down (in 8 reviews)

• You may have to deal with high turnover around you (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Great Pay, People, & Progression Opportunities!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at adMarketplace (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay - If you can prove you are worth your asking price you will get it, and management are very open to negotiating raises & compensation packages in general Opportunities to progress internally - If you can learn the ropes of the business pretty quickly and differentiate yourself from the pack you will be recognized and given opportunities to progress & grow, or move around within the company Clients are big brands - The advertiser clients are HUGE. You will not get the opportunity to manage these clients in any other company at this stage of your career, it's amazing experience. Fun working environment & friendly team - Work Hard, Play Hard... Everyday is different - The culture here is still very "start up", so things are constantly changing and you really have to go with the flow sometimes. It's fast-paced and challenging, but there's never a dull moment! People - Some of the people here (sellers for example) are amazing at what they do, so as well as being fun people you will learn an absolute tonne from them!

Cons

Inflexibility on work-from-home & vacation policies; you shouldn't be actively encouraging staff (especially juniors) to take red-eyes etc.

Advice to Management

Just ease up on the micro-management a little bit... allowing people to work from home once or twice each month won't mean you're relinquishing all control!

2. Software Engineer

I have been working at adMarketplace

Pros

- Use of advanced technologies - Opportunity to learn and apply your skills in a fast paced environment - Opportunity to grow in career and take on new responsilibities - Great team work and good developers to work with - Open communication between management and employees - Work from home flexibilty - Free friday lunches - 401K - Competitive salary

Cons

I like everything in this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing great work, thank you

3. All the negatives are true

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace

Pros

They make you put a minimum of 20 words down. But joking aside, there were some decent people to work with. I liked a lot of co-workers.

Cons

As an account manager, it is an interesting job to optimize campaigns for a product that doesn't work, and then get blamed when something doesn't renew. Also, every negative post over the past year is hilariously accurate. Rats and dirty bathrooms are a real thing. It's so hard for an AE to get a deal in, that when they do, they are all over you, and then unless the client has real low rent traffic goals, it's a long shot if anything will actually stick. And then either the COO, the AE, or one of my 2 managers will grill me on what went wrong. Usually all 4.

Advice to Management

The problem between not really understand what was going on, and micromanaging was way too much. All the smart people who can do good work independently split.

5. A hard job for hardworking people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at adMarketplace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It honestly seems like a lot of these reviews are from people that want things handed to them when it comes to a job. I've learned a ton since I've been here (almost a year now) and I've met some great people. The pay is pretty great to boot. adMarketplace expects a lot from its employees, as any good company should. It's a booming industry and if you aren't willing to put the petal to the metal then you're not going to survive here. Work hard and you'll succeed.

Cons

Some upper management can be hard to talk to at times. The workspace can get messy as well (though this is an issue that upper management is aware of).

Advice to Management

Be more friendly when it comes to small talk and such with employees. When everything is business business business the human side of your employees seems to be noticed less.

Completely dysfunctional and not an enjoyable place to work

Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much, except the people/team below the managers are talented and nice to work with when we aren't pitted against each other by upper management.

Cons

Mid-level management is not out to mentor or teach, they go through the motions just to try to hang on to people. Complete deception. Senior Management treats everyone poorly. As long as they keep making money, then who cares if people quit. That's their motto. I know if I was making people's lives miserable, I wouldn't sleep well at night. But at long as senior management has their nice lifestyle, they won't care about much else. Complete shame becuase life is much more than just money...

Advice to Management

You love these negative reviews because it's fuel for your out of control egos. It's pathetic...You know deep down your insecure...

RUN, don

I worked at adMarketplace

Pros

There are some smart driven co-workers here.

Cons

This is one of the most poorly managed companies I've ever worked for. Product vision is geared towards short-term gain, and everyone is actively interviewing looking for a way out.

Advice to Management

Put yourselves out to pasture and let people with vision and compassion take over.

Over a long enough trajectory, the bad is outweighing the good

I have been working at adMarketplace

Pros

Smart people, good pay, competitive player in market.

Cons

Too much unprofessional interpersonal interaction from some management. Yelling, finger pointing, it's got me with a foot out the door.

Advice to Management

Sit down will all of management, and do what is necessary to get the point across that getting close to or loud with to another employee is NOT acceptable. Be professional for goodness sake! Try to foster the feeling that everyone is respected.

Nurture relationships and you'll go far

I have been working at adMarketplace

Pros

Been here for 5 years and let me tell you this place has come a looong way in the past few years. Not only in it's day to day environment, but businesswise. We've picked up a lot of new clients that you want to be working with. You'll develop great relationships with some real movers in the tech industry.

Cons

The nature of the industry is always in flux, which unfortunately means that tech companies protocols follow suit -- but AMP is getting better about adapting.

Advice to Management

Change is good. Keep up the good changes.

This place makes me LOL

Former Employee - Sales in New York, NY

I worked at adMarketplace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free lunch on Fridays. Casual dress code. The ability to get hammered in the middle of the day without anyone noticing. Great finance team who pretty much handles EVERYTHING at the company.

Cons

Management. Some would rather scroll through their Facebook feeds with their legs up on their desks than do an honest day's work. They sue people for no reason - especially if you're a former employee who disagrees with them. They come in at 11am, take naps in the middle of the day, yet expect employees to work 8:30a-6p with a 30 min. lunch (ha!). They also scream a lot and fire people in front of the entire office if you disagree with their management style. Distrust. No one trusts each other at this company. It's perpetuated by management, which is sad and childlike. They want to grow...but you can't grow unless you trust people to do the jobs you hire them to do. Turnover. At one point we kept a spreadsheet of all the members of the sales team who left the company. Over a 13 month period we recorded about 45 people had resigned/were fired. Still makes me LOL to this day. Back-handed compliments. Definitely a place for you if you like receiving written warnings + reductions to your bonus and then receiving back-handed compliments in front of the entire company along with a $100 bill during the next week's all hand's meeting. The Office. The office is like a frathouse that's never been cleaned. Debris falling from the ceiling. Mice (yes, mice). Bathrooms so filthy that people go downstairs to Starbucks/Le Pain to potty.

Advice to Management

Eh...I don't offer advice to people who think they know everything. It's a waste of time (as is working for adMarketplace).

Seriously, this place is a joke

I worked at adMarketplace

Pros

The only reason to work here is you desperately need a job. They have free lunch on Friday and some great co-workers.

Cons

CEO doesn't understand the space, is more a liability as they look to grow which is why they haven't.

Advice to Management

Get out of the way and let your employees do their job. Stop changing the focus on a weekly basis. If you treat people terribly, they won't stay...hence the high turnover. Oh yeah, stop writing positive "anonymous" reviews on Glassdoor to make this place seem better then it is

RSS Feed </> Embed