adidas Group

adidas Group Reviews

Updated Jul 4, 2014

adidas Group Chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer

Herbert Hainer

Pros:
  • "And no one really works too much for long periods of time, so there is work-life balance"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Awesome work environment great world renowned brand"
    in 21 reviews
Cons:
  • "senior management are out of touch with their employees; make them feel like they are incompetent"
    in 8 reviews
  • "Weak management processes for decision making"
    in 6 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great Career Learning Experience

Team Leader (Former Employee)
    Central Valley, NY

ProsI began my career here as a 16 year old working in a store that was making about 5 million dollars per year. I worked here throughout high school, on and off when returning for summer vacation from colleges and on long breaks, and then returned full time to assume a management level role at the completion of college. By the time I stepped into a management role, I had seen, and been a part of, this store growing to roughly a 12 million dollar top 5 outlet in the United States for adidas. Throughout my journey I had great mentors in leadership roles, specifically assistant store managers, but did see a revolving door of store managers. The leaders imposed a great, corporate designed, training program upon associates. But unfortunately it fell upon associates to delve deeper into the training since daily tasks, responsibilities, and overall traffic in the store kept managers extremely busy.

As an adidas associate, you have countless opportunities throughout the day to interact with guests and convert them into customers. It is a great training ground for people who are looking to get into a more professional sales role in the future. On the other side, adidas does provide the opportunity to be a long term employee and make a career in retail, or transitioning into a career on the corporate side of the company.

Overall, this was a great place to work, a company with incredible products, great people, flexible schedules, an extremely challenging environment (although this depends on which store you work at), and great advancement opportunities.

Cons- As with any retailer, you generally work all weekends and holidays.
    - Store managers never lasted more than a year or two.
    - Salary started low and raises were very low
    - Technology used within the store (POS) (Receiving Guns) (Price Lookup Guns) were outdated or constantly crashing.

Advice to Senior Management- Convert your top talent to higher paid, salaried employees. You'll get more out of them (There were numerous days where I wanted to work, and work, and work, or come in an extra day to get a head but lack of OT opportunities, and already working a 40/hr week prevented that).

It was a fun experience with many young individuals.

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsIf you like the brand you will enjoy working for the company no doubt about it. Working for Adidas you will be working with consumers who play sports and are active which is awesome.

ConsThe people that I worked with didn't have much experience with sports. Didn't get a salary increase after a year with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't manage a retail store if you don't expect to be there for a couple years.

Love the brand but higher up management needs some work.

Team Lead (Current Employee)

Prosamazing discount that can be combined with the sales, friendly people and staff that we get to work with, lots of employees really care about the business

Conscommunication is lacking sometimes with upper management, very high standards when it comes to everything, change policies a lot at very short notice

Advice to Senior Managementsome managers are great at it but others really need to show an interest in their employees

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No one retires from adidas in the US

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsBenefits - healthcare and time-off are generous

ConsLack of career growth. Adidas US has very limited opportunities in merchandising and product management unless you are at the entry level.

Simple job with minimal challanges.

Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    Estero, FL

ProsGreat employee discount
    Good work environment
    Minimal issues
    Very relaxing job, not primarily recommended for a career

ConsLow pay
    Not challenging enough
    No reward for excelling in your job.
    Full-Time not available for anyone who isn't a manager.
    Time and a half or double time doesn't exist.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany values of their employees is very poor. The face of your company is almost as important as the product/services being provided. Without proper compensation the motivation will continue to lack.

Overall, good opportunity to learn how a global organization functions.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOwnership of projects
    Good work-life balance
    Great opportunities to interact with senior management
    Fun events with world famous athletes

ConsDifficult to secure full-time position from internship
    Location. Without a car the office is difficult to get to

Good Job flexible with student hours

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Hagerstown, MD

Proscompetitive pay, great brand with excellent products and discounts. The management will be sure to tell you what you are doing wrong and how to learn from your mistakes.

ConsThe job can be quite stressful with the day to day task at hang while still being pushed to sell products. supervision is always watching over you.

decent start

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsEmployee Allotment (free clothes/uniform), great co-workers

Consnot much room for growth

Advice to Senior Managementrespect your associates/co-workers.

Good People, Process challenges

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsFriendly work environment, good facilities, convenient urban location, good benefits, fun and useful products, very environmentally- and community-focused, opportunity to make a difference.

ConsLack of accountability for delivering design toolkits on time and lack of consistent brand voice. There is weak coaching and career tracking, creating a high turn-over rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a safe environment for honest feedback that includes taking positive, courageous action to support loyal and hard-working employees. This would include mentoring or removing ineffective leadership. Keep creating brand moments that inspire the team and connect them to sport. Evolve the adidas heritage in a way that emotionally connects with today's consumers - wherever they live.

Sales Associate

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsFun culture,receive free clothes and shoes every 60 days. Great discount and management is flexible when it comes to working with your schedule.

ConsFolding t shirts can become a bore after awhile and some nights it will take you two extra hours to close.
    No health insurance for part time employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people.
    Offer insurance to part time staff like Starbucks and Apple.

Worked for adidas Group? Contribute to the Community!

adidas Group Videos

adidas Group – Why Work for Us?

define: strength For more than 80 years, the adidas Group has been part of the world of sports on every level, delivering state-of-the-art sports footwear, apparel and accessories. Today, the adidas Group is a global… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at adidas Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for adidas Group CEO Herbert Hainer. All 250 reviews posted anonymously by adidas Group employees.