adidas Group Reviews

353 reviews filtered by
3.5
adidas Group Chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer
Herbert Hainer

Pros
  • Work life balance is exceptional, almost too life balanced- re: opposite of NYC (in 28 reviews)

• Work life balance is great, corporate really cares about their staff, fun work environment (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of politicking between senior management (in 11 reviews)

• Full-Time not available for anyone who isn't a manager (in 9 reviews)

1. Working as a sales associate

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I have been working at adidas Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very flexible for students. The tasks are pretty feasible. The managers are very friendly and always willing to help.

Cons

Closing is task that can get very monotonous and annoying, especially if your crew that closes is lazy and lacks motivation to complete the job as fast as possible.

This job depends on how efficient and driven your employees are. Because of this, there should be a lot of attention paid toward hiring new employees.

2. Customer service representative

Former Employee - Custimer Service
    Former Employee - Custimer Service

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

The environment is great. Able to grow within the company. Furthermore the benefits are great. They do a lot to show their appreciation for the employees.

Cons

Sometimes pro active sharing can be limited. Culture of sharing isnt always the most efficient from Manager.

Get to know employees just a bit more. Asset management is key.

3. Positive throughout the years

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Aurora, IL

I have been working at adidas Group part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I became friends with coworkers, always upbeat atmosphere, flexible job schedule, able to dress up for holidays

Cons

Some coworkers are slow and will always work retail, customers could be rude, holiday season it was difficult to obtain shifts

Fix your late policies, I worked at the outlet and a lot of your visual merchandise didn't apply to our standards

5. Incredible first job experience as a retail associate, the team culture here is great.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA

I worked at adidas Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The workers and staff are great. The company really sticks to their ethics and their mission.

Cons

Stopped being motivated to put in as much effort in selling after not getting anything out of it. The managers did not spend enough time focusing on the associates, and the importance of a break area.

Remember what it was like to be an associate, and put yourself in their shoes. People generally do not enjoy being micromanaged

6. Great company to work for

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bucharest (Romania)
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bucharest (Romania)

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

Develop in long term, promotions, discounts on products, great store team, great management

Cons

Salary a little bit lower compared to the name of the company

7. adidas

I have been working at adidas Group

Pros

Great work environment - clean, up to date
    Team aspects
    Gym

Cons

would like to see more innovation

I have no advice at this time

8. Perfect job to work if you love sports, people, and shoes.

Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at adidas Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been a soccer player my whole life, so Adidas was the perfect thing for me, however, I love to talk about, learn about, and know about other sports as well. I've worked at Adidas for a year and six months now and I can say it has been the one of the best decisions I have done. The company pays it's store associates $9 an hour and we get 30% worldwide on all of our products. Plus there is a type of culture here at Adidas that you can't find anywhere else. Also you're coworkers are some of the best people you will ever meet, whether you all work, hangout, or play soccer against the Nike workers, you'll be glad you know these guys. In addition there are plenty of advancement within the company. For an example on June the 15th I will flying to our company headquarters in Germany for a shoe designer paid internship for six months. You also get the chance to travel across you're state or the country by attending one of our tent sale, plus the company pays for your hotel and pays you overtime for the duration of the week. Working at Adidas has really change my life for better, I know this sounds corny but it really has made me come out of my shell, meet new friends, and see shoes in a very different perspective.

Cons

Like every major company there are going to be major problems to it. Last year our North American regional management told us that outlet stores would not receive certain major selling items it order to save money. Which we were bum out about, but we got over it, however, on may 2014 our regional senior management of Portland, Oregon. Took a "company business conference" in Las Vegas for a week, costing the company $1,000,000 so much for saving money. In additional during the Ukraine crisis with Russia, nearly all Nato nations impose economic sanctions against Russia. How is this relevant? Well Russia is the biggest buyer of our Taylormade golf brand, which causes our expect profit for the year to be split in half which cause lots of layouts around all Adidas stores and offices. In November were visited by our Senior management of Texas to see if we were worth the pay because if not everyone from the stores associate to our general manger would of been cut and we would be replaced by a team from Portland, Oregon.

To senior management please trust you're store associates. We love our job as much you do and would love to keep them as long as we could. Also please spend the company for useful things such as making sure our tent sells don't look ghetto, setting up Mi coach technology displays for every coach to see, and to set up tents that showcase our products of and that we care about Football, Baseball, and Basketball just as much as we care about soccer to the American people.

9. I worked in the concept store and I think it was a really good experience to know more about sporty fashion.

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

Lots of cooperation product and can know more about different fashion designers.

Cons

Customers will easy to compare our brand to other sporty brand, so you will have to try hard to introduce the best of out products.

none

10. Trade Marketing Internship

Former Intern - Intern in Herzogenaurach (Germany)
    Former Intern - Intern in Herzogenaurach (Germany)

I worked at adidas Group as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

- worked independently
    - trusted with client contacts

Cons

- at times disorganized
    - at times workload was too low

11. Fun, Fast Paced Environment

Former Employee - Senior Graphic Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Graphic Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at adidas Group full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Loved developing product for all the major sports leagues and working for the adidas brand. Adidas is a brand that has always resonated with me and i am still a big fan.

Cons

So many different initiatives sometimes lacked focus.

Focus in on strengths. Leverage the strength of the brand and don't try to be all things to all retailers.