adidas Group

Updated February 27, 2015
3.4

adidas Group Chairman and CEO Herbert Hainer
Herbert Hainer

Pros
  • Work life balance is exceptional, almost too life balanced- re: opposite of NYC (in 28 reviews)

• Work life balance is great, corporate really cares about their staff, fun work environment (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Lots of politicking between senior management (in 11 reviews)

• Full-Time not available for anyone who isn't a manager (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

My team is awesome so it is a fun job to work at.

Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead
    Current Employee - Cash Wrap Lead

I have been working at adidas Group part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Team, Opportunity, Change, Good Envirionment

Cons

Can become monotonous, rude customers(all retail has that though)

Incredible first job experience as a retail associate, the team culture here is great.

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Wrentham, MA

I worked at adidas Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The workers and staff are great. The company really sticks to their ethics and their mission.

Cons

Stopped being motivated to put in as much effort in selling after not getting anything out of it. The managers did not spend enough time focusing on the associates, and the importance of a break area.

Remember what it was like to be an associate, and put yourself in their shoes. People generally do not enjoy being micromanaged

Great Environment!

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ellenton, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Ellenton, FL

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

I would say for a young person attending school this is a great place to work. Always potential to grow into management if that is what you care to do. I was asked to be a manager two months after I started and due to a second job I didn't accept. But at least in my case my managers were extremely nice and allowed for flexibility of schedule.

Cons

At times depending on where you work the volume of customers change drastically throughout the holiday season. That may mean less hours for you to work.

Quarterly bonuses are great, could use more monetary bonuses instead of apparel. At times the layout of the store doesn't make sense.

Overall good but not fulfilling.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at adidas Group part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible with school/other work schedules

Cons

Low pay
    Poor management.
    No assertive managers. All passive.

Be more assertive.
    Stay out of sale associate drama.

Growth

Current Employee - Team Leader in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at adidas Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you have the right people above you they encourage you with growth.

Cons

Even if you are encouraged with growth the company still likes to hire from outside the company more.

Either have more assistant manager positions or allow those from within a chance to prove themselves.

Good company

I have been working at adidas Group

Pros

Great if you enjoy working in a sports minded environment. Got to meet a lot of people working towards their fitness goals. Generous discount on merchandise.

Cons

No room for personal growth.

Good company to start out working for

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at adidas Group part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I never have retail experience before so I got a job at Adidas as a sales associate and honestly is is a good beginner job.

Cons

If you are planning to stay longer than a year I wouldn't recommend it. I have worked there for a about a year and we have gone thru 3 general managers. The general managers are suppose to work 40 hours a week but we barely even see them. So the team leads have to run the store as they seem fit. when the general managers actually come in we have a completely different structure that only lasts for the time we seem them. The upper management procedures are so disorganized. Some of the team leads and upper managers are horrible and can get away with a ton of stuff before they are ever fired while a sales associate can make one mistake and they will be gone. The amount of new programs and sales techniques that want employees to do changes all the time. They don't want employees standing at the register waiting for people so instead we have to walk around and keep watching to see if someone is waiting to check out. Sometimes the people are waiting for awhile because all the employees are busy helping customers. Like some of the people posted the hours can vary drastically and usually those people who older and need the money will get the most hours even if they are not necessary the best employee

Get better management that actually cares about their job and the employees under them!

Great company to work for

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bucharest (Romania)
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Bucharest (Romania)

I worked at adidas Group

Pros

Develop in long term, promotions, discounts on products, great store team, great management

Cons

Salary a little bit lower compared to the name of the company

adidas not what you would expect

I have been working at adidas Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great work life balance and flexibility, great brand and great colleagues

Cons

Brand is being Americanized and a lack of leadership results in intensive internal politics and the way HR treat and compensate people in general is a disgrace. Employees are seen as costs to be kept a lid on rather than assets to be nurtured and developed. Also the location leaves much to be desired.

Look to your people, your experts and all the talent you have not just your golden circle of upper management buddies.

Highly passionate organization who pride themselves on being the best for the athlete and the customer.

Current Employee - General Manager
    Current Employee - General Manager

I have been working at adidas Group

Pros

Fun environment, especially if you're into sports or fitness. While working for Adidas you get to interact with great teams, build an awesome culture within your store and learn about footwear and apparel technologies.

Cons

The company can't seem to figure out what organizational structure works. They've reorganized 7 times over the past 6 years. Two major reorganizations this year alone that resulted in jobs lost and created a tremendous amount of disengagement within the organization.

Create some stability within the organization and you'll probably find that your people will be more engaged and energized to drive sales in their stores.