alliantgroup, LP

www.alliantgroup.com

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily)(in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute(in 20 reviews)

Amazing company with truly incredible people

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsAmazing and talented people. Result-oriented culture that rewards those that break the mold and challenge the status quo. The passion for client service, passion for growth and team-based environment gives alliantgroup an incredible edge. There are clear expectations, performance planning and feedback and coaching for those that have the commitment, perseverance, and hunger to succeed!

ConsThere are no cons to share.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement does an great job of investing in its people. Management coaches, molds, and inspires - keep it up!

The best decision I've ever made was to accept a position with alliantgroup, LP!

ProsWe help U.S. businesses every day! During the recent economic downturn, we heard story after story of the companies whose doors stayed open and kept employees due to the dollars we helped them receive! This is truly THE most gratifying job in the world!

Management and Senior colleagues are approachable and encouraging; everyone truly wants to see you succeed beyond your wildest dreams!!

An awesome new building in Houston with amazing views and lots of open space to collaborate with colleagues!

ConsDon't come here if you don't want to grow! You'll be challenged on a daily basis to be your best!

The work is worth it!

Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-Competitive base salary along with a substantial bonus structure
    -NEW BUILDING!!
    -Paid lunch daily
    -Free soda machines
    -Perks and incentives
    -Promotions from within
    -Opportunity for growth

This company is doing AMAZING things! Although the hours are a little longer than normal, the work is completely worth it. What you put into it is what you will get out of it and there is constant encouragement along the way from colleagues, Senior Management and even the CEO and COO. It is a very young, fast paced, high performance environment with an amazing opportunity for success.

Cons-The hours are a little longer but this is also a pro because you don't have to sit in traffic when you leave.

Other than that, I really don't have any.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have been with alliantgroup for less than a year but my experience thus far has been rewarding! Without our Senior Management, this company would not be where it is today. They work harder than any Manager or Director I have ever had and they really go out of their way to treat employees with respect and prove to their employees that they care. If meetings are scheduled after hours, they go out of their way to make it fun and the free dinner is a nice bonus as well!

One of my favorite things is that they are honest during the interview process. They will tell you up front that this company and culture is not for everyone but if you are driven and passionate about your career, then this is the place for you to grow and create your own success!

Thank you for all you do for your employees and this company. We would not be where we are today without the dedication and passion you all have for alliantgroup!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most Rewarding Career Move!!!

Internal Projects (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGenerous
    Promoted within
    Performance Based
    High Energy
    Open atmosphere
    Collaboration among peers

ConsI personally don't have any

Advice to Senior ManagementMy personal experience has been a great one with alliantgroup! I worked 6 years in the O&G industry and never once was I felt like my intelligence and ideas were appreciated. Every day I am listed to, challenged, rewarded and felt like I belonged.

Everyone's Journey is different and you can't compare the two. Reading negative things about this company, I'm disappointed. This company lets you grow within, you're voice is heard and is truly a transparent culture.

What you put into alliantgroup and your career here, is what you get out of it - I put in 100% and get 100% back! (Maybe even more with all the perks this company offers!!)

I appreciate everything that upper management has done - without all the Directors, VPs, COO & CEO - Our new lifestyle in our NEW building would not At All Be Possible!! Keep pushing your high performers. Keep listening, directing, mentoring - I've gained so much out of my career here. I guess I surround myself with people like myself and I've never heard anything bad - so to read such negative comments - is absurd.

I ABSOLUTELY Love it here, there is not one day I don't get up in the morning and feel excited to come to work. Every day is different, challenging, fun, and I honestly laugh every day and have made some AMAZING friends in the process.

Thank you all for making alliantgroup thrive in all of its worth! :) -DNA

I love it and it's paying off big time. Like a diamond, my value has grown under pressure - to learn and perform.

ProsA truly "ground floor" opportunity for professional advancement. We are the leader in our field with an amazing growth trajectory.

ConsThe first few months of learning, while working in the trenches, resembles the intensity of a military bootcamp but when you come out (battered and bruised) on the other side... you are "special ops" not a grunt. Unfortunately, like special ops training, not everyone makes it so turn over is probably higher than most firms.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe work hard - play hard culture relieves some pressure and keeps us energized but it's time to measure and monitor communications and interactions with a keener "HR" eye.

A Great Employer- The Sky is the Limit

Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsA lot of companies say that they will reward hard work and creative thinking. This one really does. I look forward to going to work every day. The opportunities to succeed are endless and the support to help you excel is tremendous.

ConsTax season can have some long hours, but days off and other perks reward the efforts.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and let's keep growing!

An amazing work environment, great energy, and excellent focus on client service!!!!

Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosalliantgroup is a place that recognizes hard work, perseverance, dedication and potential. Leadership is extremely keen on working with employees to grow and develop as a professional.The potential to excel is limitless. The job is extremely interesting and every day you get to learn something new. Additionally, alliantgroup is a true meritocracy, and high performance is encouraged!!! Shout-outs to folks that rise above the rest are an every day occurrence!!!

ConsNone. This is a place for people that want to rise above the rest!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing!

client service, teamwork, professionalism, intelligence, and collaboration

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsOpportunities are endless here. A true place to establish a long-term career.

ConsIt takes passion to succeed.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Amazing opportunity at an elite client service focused firm

Tax Controversy (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosalliantgroup is a results oriented company. If you are the sort who comes into a career with positive energy, and an attitude that you are going to ascend and compete, and the expectation that you will be compensated well for it, this company is a great fit.

alliantgroup expends tremendous resources on new employees, teaching them highly marketable skills.

The sense of accomplishment I feel in this work vastly exceeds any experience I have had elsewhere in the nearly 15 years I have spent in the legal field. I use legal skills and training, but in a fun cooperative environment that is unlike any law firm I have ever seen.

The growth of the company has been exceptional, and it still feels like we are on the ground floor!

The company is committed to giving its employees an "on campus" experience, with creative perks that range from happy hours, parties, and gift cards to trips, and large results based bonuses.

Leadership is accessible, and engaged in a way that is unheard of in a company this size. The time they spend personally, teaching others principals of leadership and management is one of the things that makes this company great.

Consalliantgroup is not for everyone. Client service is a commitment, and those who are just looking for a place to blend in, or who tend to have a negative outlook, will not do well here. Emphasis is placed on performance, ownership, and accountability.

Teamwork is important here, so folks do what it takes to get the job done, while expecting the same of their peers.

Take control of your career!

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

ProsYou really do hold your career in your hands! You will be given as much work and responsibility as you want and can handle, and you will have ample opportunities to advance. In fact, your opportunities for advancement are much more available than in almost any other work place. Your hard work will be recognized. The training group and management give you all of the tools you need to excel, and there truly is an open door policy anytime you have a question. Any time you have questions or concerns, management is always available. On top of that, you get to work with a diverse group of talented, intelligent, and interesting professionals on a daily basis.

ConsThe hours can be long at times and the deadlines can stack up, but you are never alone in working through these challenges. While working long hours, typically during tax season, your comrades are there with you working and building camaraderie. You receive lots of project management training to help manage deadlines. Plus, if you ever get too bogged down, all you have to do is raise your hand and ask for help.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!