alliantgroup, LP

www.alliantgroup.com

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily)(in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute(in 20 reviews)

Stay Away! Management is full of liars!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros$5 for lunch, relatively good pay for recent graduates with no experience

ConsEverything else about the company is a con. There is too much work to go around so everyone is overworked and works more than 12 hours a day usually (yes, even during "off-season"). They will tell you that everyone works more hours during tax season, but over the past three years, every day has become tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute. When you try to get help or explain your frustrations to management, they tell you that you really don't have that much work on your plate and you should be able to handle it. They are constantly promising that more new people are on the way to help out, but very few of the new people stick around. There is a constant revolving-door of employees because everyone gets overwhelmed and quits. Many people leave without another job lined up because they hate it so much and alliantgroup keeps them too busy to apply elsewhere. Every single employee is currently planning when and how they will leave this hell hole.

Don't even get me started on their unethical billing practices or the fact that every single good review on glassdoor is written by senior team members who management has coerced to write good reviews in exchange for their promotions.

No one at this company is happy. There is no work/life balance. Management has made it clear that they don't want anyone having a family or children because they only offer family benefits to senior level employees and higher (and most of them work 80+ hours/week anyway, so when would they have time for a family?)

Advice to Senior ManagementStop lying to your employees about the help that you are bringing in to reduce everyone's workload. Stop trying to convince them they have 10-20 clients apiece, when in actuality they all have between 30-60. Listen to your employees when they come in to your offices crying and screaming. THEY ARE UNHAPPY! Instead of trying to find a way to keep your employees, you have streamlined the process to transition client files once someone quits. Wise up and get a real business model to retain employees and keep them happy (i.e. lighten the workload per project manager and allow people to go home at a decent hour and stop expecting them to work from home every waking second).

Expect a lot of employee-churn; note: that means you'll be churned, too

Project Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsRelatively easy to get hired with no background or experience; initial learning curve is steep but company has no expectations of you. Pay is not bad starting out.

ConsThen the humiliations begin. Your performance will be tied to billable hours; that's right, no matter how much you work, if it ain't billable you won't get any raises or bonuses. Guess who decides what billable work you get? The people who do all the billable work. It's a rigged game. And the managers are making way to much money on the partnership model to give a crap how much churn there is at the bottom.

Advice to Senior ManagementLike they'd listen.

Run away from Irvine, CA

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Irvine, CA

ProsThe only positive I can come up with is that the health benefits are good, however, there is no vision coverage.

ConsEvery review you are reading about Houston I disregarded because I was interviewing for Irvine. Sadly, Irvine is just as bad as the Houston reviews if not worse. It is the most unprofessional environment I have seen. Your career is better off at a different corporation.

Advice to Senior ManagementEvery hiring manager and director is on such a high power trip that the dysfunction it is creating will seriously have the firm in crumbles if something isn't done.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Most Rewarding Career Move!!!

Internal Projects (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGenerous
    Promoted within
    Performance Based
    High Energy
    Open atmosphere
    Collaboration among peers

ConsI personally don't have any

Advice to Senior ManagementMy personal experience has been a great one with alliantgroup! I worked 6 years in the O&G industry and never once was I felt like my intelligence and ideas were appreciated. Every day I am listed to, challenged, rewarded and felt like I belonged.

Everyone's Journey is different and you can't compare the two. Reading negative things about this company, I'm disappointed. This company lets you grow within, you're voice is heard and is truly a transparent culture.

What you put into alliantgroup and your career here, is what you get out of it - I put in 100% and get 100% back! (Maybe even more with all the perks this company offers!!)

I appreciate everything that upper management has done - without all the Directors, VPs, COO & CEO - Our new lifestyle in our NEW building would not At All Be Possible!! Keep pushing your high performers. Keep listening, directing, mentoring - I've gained so much out of my career here. I guess I surround myself with people like myself and I've never heard anything bad - so to read such negative comments - is absurd.

I ABSOLUTELY Love it here, there is not one day I don't get up in the morning and feel excited to come to work. Every day is different, challenging, fun, and I honestly laugh every day and have made some AMAZING friends in the process.

Thank you all for making alliantgroup thrive in all of its worth! :) -DNA

If you value yourself and your life DO NOT WORK here!

Associate (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHealth insurance is pretty good

ConsThis company has no work/life balance. You are told in the interview process that there are some long hours during tax season, but it's 8:30-5:30 regularly. This is a HUGE lie. If you leave the office before 7pm you are ridiculed. You are told you need to be available whenever you are needed and to be available for the customers 24/7. On top of not leaving the office until 8-9pm you are NOT allowed to take a lunch break - if you do you are reprimanded. If you are not a top performer you are treated like amebas on flees on rats. Upper management will talk to you like your a retard and constantly belittle you. Management sits around and talks horribly about employees and or ex employees. You are required to take calls on nights & weekends. You also have business hours and post business hours. You are told you are not allowed to do more than 1/2 of your job description during business hours and you have to book other peoples travel on YOUR free time. After hours is after 8pm. You are very quickly thrown under the buss and made to look like a liar by your direct supervisor. When interviewing for this position, you will feel like you've found the perfect fit…quickly you will feel miserable and have no time for your friends, family, or self. If you voice concern you will be given an ultimatum. They tell people to get on here and write positive reviews. I can't even voice how disappointed I am with my decision to accept a position with this company. Stay far away from this place. Not only will you be treated as an alliantgroup slave, you will also quickly learn that something just isn't right about this place from an ethical standpoint. There is no HR department because this company is so corrupt. There are constant email blasts and peoples brown nosing replies make me want to vomit. I'm trying to get out, but with working long hours and no breaks it's incredibly hard to find another opportunity. If you take anything away from this please….DO NOT ACCEPT EMPLOYMENT HERE!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want lasting loyal employees, treat people with respect and accept the fact that not everyone is a workaholic. If you can't complete your daily tasks within a 40hr work week than there is a problem with your efficiency.

Absolutely Awful. How are those "big a" 's for ya?

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsPays more because they know how awful it is to be there.
    Has a young, laid back crowd.
    Free food.

ConsNo professionalism by upper management.
    Can't learn a thing from upper management because they're all too busy talking bad about their employees and gossiping.
    Horrible training, direction, and support.
    You won't get noticed unless you stay until after 9:00.
    This company is seriously a joke. Everyone sleeps with each other, including upper management.
    It might sound good when interviewing, but don't make the mistake. 70% of people quit within a year of working here. Save your time.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice? They don't listen to anybody except themselves.

The worst atmosphere and company culture I have ever seen. No matter how desperate you are, look elsewhere.

Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsStarting salary is low, but you will receive a 15%-20% raise in the first year or so, if you don't quit or get fired before then. Good health insurance.

ConsTurnover here is something I have never seen before in my life. There are only about 10-20 employees that have been at this company for more than 2 years because everyone either quits or gets fired within a year. The reason behind this is that no human in their right mind can actually tolerate the abuse and "culture" of this company for more than a few months. The "high performance" culture is code for who the CEO and his cronies at the top like that week because they "get in front" of senior management to pander to them. You'll hear and see their favorite catchphrases around the office such as "take ownership", "high performance culture", "collaboration", "transparency", which none of the management actually abide by. As a project manager you will have four to five people emailing you and calling you about the same deadline. Also, you’ll spend 80% of your day filling out your Outlook calendar and study tracker and having meetings to “collaborate”, so, you won’t actually get any work done in the work week during regular work hours; that is what the weekend and late nights are for. Shout out emails go out every three days, or so, congratulating someone on their performance or short-lived promotion. Be prepared for hundreds of “great job” and “well done” reply emails. If you don’t respond, you’ll be viewed as not part of the culture. There will be these events every month or so called “Raves” where employees are pressured into performing nonsensical and embarrassing feats by the direction of the CEO. Alcohol and food are served, and I’m sure, several HR violations, as well. Management is atrocious; Employees are berated in front of peers on a daily basis; high pressure job where employees are disposable once they've burned out. The few in upper management dump all the work load on the associates below while they do nothing. No room for advancement in this company. Stay far away from alliantgroup even if you're sleeping on a park bench. There are other jobs out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs other reviewers have suggested, this company is too corrupted to ever improve. Perhaps if all of the upper management is fired and the CEO no longer has management control of the company, there's a possibility for a change. However, this is very unlikely.

Unprofessional in an unhealthy work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

Pros-During the tax season, they'll bring in good food from good restaurants for dinner and sometimes lunch
    - $5 lunch daily
    - Garage parking
    - free soda vending machines
    - fun parties (halloween costume party, christmas pod decorating party, etc)

Cons- Management take advantage of the fact that they are higher up than you. They treat you like crap.
    - So much overtime hours. If you leave before 6:30pm, you'll get questioned as to why you "left so early" when your scheduled hours are until 6pm.
    - They'll rarely notice your work - unless you're a favorite.
    - Everyone WILL talk crap about you and those words will fly around QUICK
    - They'll hire anyone. I've met people who have a degree in Chemistry, Psychology, Art, etc and their job has NOTHING to do with what they got their degree on.

Advice to Senior ManagementI shouldn't be afraid of my supervisor. My supervisor is the one I am supposed to look up to and ask for help if I need help. Also, encourage your employees to do more instead of making them feel like they'll never be good enough for you. Help them with the things you want them to get done. Also, help your temps to become perms. If there's something you disslike about them, let them know so they can improve on it and become a perm within the company. Don't let them just hang there as a temp for more than their 90 days probation. If they've been with the company for more than 90 days, why not make them permanent? If you didn't like them, let them go before the 90 days is over.

Underhanded practices when dealing with employees

Information Technology (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSoda machine use is free
    $5/day stipend for use at the building cafeteria

Cons9.5 hour days minimum and most positions do not qualify for overtime
    A severe lack of planning/foresight at all management levels
    Understaffed for important job roles = more than 10 hour days to meet ridiculous deadines
    Least organized company for the department I worked within
    Part of the political-lobbyist "revolving door" scumbaggery

Employees are robots - my team director works 100 hrs per week and is told to hide this -high turnover

ProsFree food - not a pro if u want to stay healthy. Also food is brought in because it's "strongly advised" you never go to lunch

ConsHours- expect to work 70-90 hours per week in both tax season and non tax season. You can't go out to lunch without ridicule or being "talked to" by a manager who doesn't work on studies or understand the business. Be careful you don't speak to a "low performer" or you will soon be one. Everyone in the office is sleeping together and very unprofessional. Every event includes tons of alcohol creating a very unprofessional environment. All of human resources quit due to lack of professionalism. When complaints were brought up to human resources, management only cared about protecting themselves. Overly confident management with tons of arrogant attorneys. Google allaintgroup and you'll find many, many lawsuits. Unethical billing practices. They talk about helping clients but they rip them off with "billing contests". Ive worked here for three years and can't advise enough for others to steer clear. I am actively looking and facing a lot of criticism from employers regarding my current company. This is a liability on my resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are not robots - you need some real human resources. You do not reward high performers. All they get is more work and more hours. Pay seems high but it's horrible when you do the math. Being a project associate or on the implementation team means you work ten times harder than other departments. No one wants to go into management because your workload becomes unbearable -- you do the exact same job as an associate with much heavier amount of projects and also a ton of management responsibilities. Most managers leave the role quickly or are fired. Look at all managers to understand their tenure. No one leaves a great opportunity --- so why is everyone leaving? Seems that almost everyday someone quits or is fired for tiny reasons.

Do not work here! Miserable managers - overworked employees - overdone politics - lack of professionalism. Recruiters sell you on development and earning potential because no one can bare to be here more than a few years. Most all employees have been there under a year -- most intelligent employees quit. I am working on this and very excited! All employees including managers talk about quitting on a daily basis.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!