alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
5.0
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, great coworkers to work with (in 14 reviews)

• It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has no work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season (in 26 reviews)

1. No limits!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High performers want to be rewarded for their efforts...alliantgroup exemplifies this more than any work environment I've ever experienced. There are literally no limits to the success and/or advancement an individual desires!

Cons

Those who do NOT understand or appreciate the high performance culture here...

Advice to Management

Please continue to celebrate the successes and victories of your teams! It's motivating to both the individual and those watching!

Honest Review

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup has been an absolute blessing for me (and many others). For those of you that have not experienced what it is to be an alliantgroup employee, let me explain. First and foremost, this is a company that invests and takes great care of its employees. Contrary to what some of the haters (i.e., former disgruntled employees) are writing in the negative reviews, alliantgroup's management deeply cares about each and every employees success. I can only speak from my own experience. I have been with alliantgoup about 2 years and I can say that I have NEVER worked with a better educated, more passionate and talented group of professionals. That, and we get to work with American businesses in identifying valuable tax credits and other incentives that ultimately create more jobs and are a catalyst for economic growth. Pros: -Excellent Career Development Opportunities -Highly structured and through training program -Consistent and honest feedback -Exciting and Interesting Work -Great Benefits -Daily lunch is nice and definitely appreciated, but honestly, if you are making career decisions based on lunch, you are probably not a good fit here.

Cons

It is frustrating to me that there are former employees making silly comments like "long hours." Of course the hours are long. We are tax consultants, attorneys, and engineers. If you want a job where you can check in and check out, then look elsewhere. If you want a place where you will be given the tools and training to succeed AND you have the DESIRE to take ACTION to achieve your potential, then please apply.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in us. We appreciate the company you have built, and the opportunities you have created for us.

My Dream Job!!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at alliantgroup since graduating in December 2014. It truly has been my dream job in all aspects! You are rewarded for your hard work not only through promotions but also through company wide events and fun surprises during the work week. I feel like I work in a modern work environment where you are constantly collaborating as well as setting your own path for growth. The company truly invests in it's employees, providing trainings throughout all levels to ensure top notch employees and client service. It is a very open environment where you can walk into anyone's office and ask for help! The job is very rewarding if you are willing to work hard. The best part is that we get to form relationships with clients and find credits for companies to reduce their tax liability. These credits truly make a difference in these companies, allowing them to keep their doors open and continue to grow. We have an environment that is unbeatable. Perks: lunch provided, dinner provided during tax season, company parties (St. Paddy's Day, Rave with company awards, etc.), company picnics with family members, happy hours on some Fridays, constant joking and laughing with team members, and so much more!!!!

Cons

This is not a 9 to 5 job! However, the fact that you work long hours allows you to bond with your co-workers... not found at any other company. They also provide you lunch everyday as a convenience to those who need to work longer to provide the exceptional customer service we are known for! Very few cons can out weigh the positive atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the drastic improvements I have seen in my 7 months of working here! You are implementing wonderful procedures and events that continue to promote a wonderful work environment.

This Is EXACTLY What I Was Looking for!!!!! Awesome!!!!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working for a company filled with bureaucratic red tape - I was looking for a company where I could control my future success. WELCOME TO ALLIANTGROUP! In my first couple years - based upon my PERFORMANCE - I have received MULTIPLE raises, bonuses, promotions, acknowledgment for my hard work and the chance to advance quickly!!!! I'm surrounded by really smart people that I like - and have the ability to reach out to and actually be heard by management at all levels. Basic Pros - Good Pay, Bonuses, Raises, Promotions, Free Lunch, Free Dinner (during tax season), golf scrambles, company pays 100% of medical, and recognition for hard work!! I saw some reviews on here from folks saying they didn't get a raise in 2 years?? That's unheard of at alliantgroup. All of my co-workers who are performing are having the same experience I'm having. Further - I've never seen a company invest so strongly in its professionals! There is a ton of trainings, everyone has open doors if you need help and I've learned a ton since joining. This is a paradise for Type A Career Focused Driven Smart Professionals!!! Passive Type B's with poor work ethic looking for a hand out need not apply.

Cons

They were very open with me about the hours - there is a lot of work as the practice is growing. However, whenever I've had to do something for myself or family - they've never said no. They treat their professionals like professionals. Further - it's the hours and company growth that's allowed me to elevate quickly!!!

Advice to Management

Lets keep growing this company and killing it!!!

Best Development and Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

Pros

I have been working at alliantgroup for over 8 years and I wouldn't trade my career and opportunities here for any other. Management is focused on training and developing people to be the absolute best professionals that they can possibly be. A motivated person with desire will learn more in a year here than in 5 years at any other professional services firm. You will have access to the best learning opportunities, coaching/mentoring opportunities, and career advancement opportunities. Once of the best things about this place is that the company supports career opportunities internally so that talented people are deployed in positions that enable them to deliver their greatest value to the organization and to grow within the firm.

Cons

The consulting service lines here are highly complex and technical which requires new employees to focus heavily on taking advantage of the learning opportunities described above. You have to patient and put in the time and energy to become a subject matter expert in the services that we provide to our clients. This is a high growth firm which means that there is high demand for our services. This can result in longer hours, especially during the beginning of your career while you are still in the learning stages, and during tax seasons.

MISERY LOVES COMPANY.... Glad that's not the company I Keep

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here because the environment promotes entrepreneurship and individual accountability. If you are a bottom of the ladder type of person who goes through life waiting and hoping, finding excuses and blaming others for your personal failures, keep looking for a job. If you are a person who owns it, acknowledges reality and finds solutions, you will THRIVE!!!! I thrive! I read every review before coming to work here and I'm glad I have a brain of my own to use. Best decision I have ever made.

Cons

Most people with these unfounded reviews probably wrote the same crap on their last company and will write it on their next company. If you are a person who makes life decisions based on anonymous information on the Internet, get use to a life of letting other people lead you by the nose. I have never worked a an 8 hour day in my life and that's why I am where I am in life! Who takes a job and does the bare minimum to get by?!?! There are no cons to working here other than the disservice being done to the faint at heart who are missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime because the believe the negative, made-up crap on Glassdoor!!!

Advice to Management

You have created a phenomenal company and I am so glad you have given me the opportunity to be a part of it!

If you want a career (and not just a job)...

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prior to working here, I used to work at a firm that promoted 2 individuals (out of 500) a year and gave the usual 3% pay increase. I was introduced to alliantgroup through one of my best friends, and started working here about 2.5 yrs ago as an administrative assistant. Since then, I've been promoted three times (and given a raise 4 times, and it was far more than 3%)! This is the only company that allows you an opportunity to grow so quickly. Early on I expressed what I wanted, and since then I've been given the tools and training to get there!!! I have had the opportunity to travel to some of the most exciting places (Hawaii, Chicago, New York, California). We get free lunch every single day, top performers get invited to exciting events, there are yoga classes every Wednesday, and we work out of the most beautiful building in Houston.

Cons

It wasn't easy. It took hard work and dedication to achieve my goals. I am confident that if you're passionate and have desire, upper management will do whatever it takes to make you successful.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply put, this is a tremendous opportunity I've been given. Coming from a large corporation with typical archaic culture, I'm finally at a place that lets me by myself and challenges me to achieve versus sit and collect a pay check that was the norm at my past job.

Cons

Is definitely a different culture from what I came from..but its so much more rewarding and refreshing. There is a lot to learn, but that's what I expected with this change..not for the lazy.

Advice to Management

don't listen to the naysayers..often times people want a banal existence and want to impute that on those around them.

Some of these reviews crack me up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at alliantgroup is not equal. If you take care of business, you are exceptionally well paid and treated. Motivated energetic people who care about their careers embrace this as a positive. If you think this is a negative you are not a fit. Salaries and compensation are impressive with contests that have huge prizes. The company emphasizes its culture because the core values of that culture have caused the company to skyrocket. As long as I have been here, we have had a ton of job openings because the growth is so crazy. Not many companies can say that. The food and relaxed dress are nice, but not a reason to pick a job. The company as a whole is very direct about what is expected, if you do those things, and put your best effort into your job, you will do very well here.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, and the training when you start is pretty rigorous. It takes a lot of confidence to put yourself out there, and that is intimidating to some people. It is necessary to succeeding that you be an active part of your team. They do a lot of practice in mock situations which was uncomfortable to me at first, but it gives you confidence pretty quickly. Now that I am helping others with mocks I can see why we do them.

A Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I love about alliantgroup is the constant teamwork fostered between the departments. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a broad range of people from unique backgrounds and life experiences, and this promotes an environment and culture that is conducive to learning as well as building camaraderie among one another. I enjoy being able to discuss ideas and brainstorm with people no matter what the topic may be, and the cohesiveness between the departments is second to none compared with other jobs I have had. Upper management is always available as well, no matter what you need to discuss. It truly is an “open door” policy and not simply a catch phrase, and it is nice to know that they are available should you need them. I always seek them out when I have questions regarding complex files, and they are happy to answer my questions for me. The work itself is very interesting in that you will have the opportunity to learn both the applicable law as well as the accounting principles that govern the execution of the files. The legal landscape is always changing with regard to a lot of the work, and I enjoy having the opportunity to use my legal background to navigate through the complexities of each file. I also enjoy the opportunity to work with clients from different industries, including software development, engineering, construction, and life sciences. You will be able to develop client relationships with many talented individuals from all of these industries, and it keeps each new file unique and exciting to work on.

Cons

The hours can be long during tax season, but again, you are not alone in your work. We are growing very fast, and as such, some of our internal processes often change quickly which can make things difficult at times.

RSS Feed </> Embed