alliantgroup, LP

Updated January 30, 2015
Updated January 30, 2015
3.2

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

110 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Better than I thought it would be

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Before I joined alliantgroup, I read all the reviews on Glassdoor and was a little nervous about joining the firm. Boy was I in for a pleasant surprise ! Within 6 months I received 2 raises !! Being a female, I was concerned about the 'frat pack' comments on the review boards - nothing could be further from the truth - 60 plus percent of the employees are females and females comprise 50% of all management positions here. It just goes to show you - don't believe everything you read

Cons

Everything is great so far

Management and the CEO are committed to investing in professionals - they have an open door policy and want to get to know all of the professionals at the firm - please don't ever stop this - it is so rare in a company of this size to be able to meet, talk and brainstorm with executive management - again, please don't ever stop this !

Just simply a rewarding experience

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

From Day 1, the journey for success started. This organization promotes people based on performance versus the archaic time and tenure method, Before alliantgroup, I worked for a very large consultancy firm that was the exact opposite. It was made known, that I would not even be considered for a promotion for at least 2 years...seriously it did not matter how much better I performed than my counterparts. Then raise time came for which I received a 1.76% increase which this former organization claimed was a healthy raise. Laughable at so many levels. Compare that to alliantgroup, I was promoted within my first 7 months and I received a substantial % raise that dwarfed the 1.76% joke. Yes, not a typo. It is also refreshing that you have several folks that will touch base with you to ensure your professional development is progressing...I even had the CEO spend time with me on my development! I've never experienced this in my prior professional work experience and its a great feeling. We also have some serious former politicians on our staff and I've gotten the chance to sit and speak to these guys. Never thought that I would be working for a company that is truly making a positive impact.

Cons

Don't have much in the way of Cons. Even when I have an issue, I've been empowered by my supervisor to arrive at a solution and not allowing me to seek the easy way out.

Share more of the articles and stories that the company is featured in. I would like to learn more about our legislative impact in DC.

Breath of friggin fresh air!!!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've been working in various industries for the past 8 years. For the last 2 companies I have worked for, they claimed their culture to be unique and progressive; ultimately they were boring, stale and reminded me of a post-apocalyptic zombie world. then, as funny as it sounds, my life changed when I joined alliantgroup. Culture is key at this company and it is practiced every day. Who can argue against a culture that promotes investment in people, merit based performance, positive energy, exceptional client service...and to have fun...really having fun is a core value for this organization. For those that strive for excellence, this is seriously nirvana...you are continuously challenged and if you have a problem you can go directly to upper management and discuss your situation without fear of reprisal like every other large traditional company.

Cons

ran out of powerade in the awesome fountain machines..just sayin we need a fill up.

Keep pushing and challenging me and my colleagues. its actually quite remarkable the lifelong skills sets you develop at this organization.

Changed my life, in more ways than one.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to develop a career, and advance in a high performance culture. If you like being challenged, and are willing to put in the work, the possibilities are endless! Executive Management is constantly collaborating on ways to further invest in their employees, train them to the best of their ability, and show them that they are valued. This company has helped me in my personal and professional growth. I'm married, and have a baby on the way, and I have received unbelievable support from upper management; even in hard times, my husband and I have always been treated like family. While it hasn't been easy, you'll be given all the training and tools that you could possibly ask for to succeed!

Cons

The only con I see is that there are employees that have the wrong perception, and aren't speaking up! Reach out to upper management, elevate your concerns, and you'll always be treated with respect and courtesy!

Keep investing in your employees, and our company will continue to grow beyond our expectations!

This has been the best experience of my life! I have learned more from some of the smartest people I have ever worked w

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

You are paid for performance, it is not about favorites or seniority it is about your individual contributions.

Cons

Not everyone understands how to work in a high performance environment and it can be frustrating if you are not a key performer.

Keep doing what you are doing, you are creating something remarkable and the fact that your door is always open to top performers is refreshing. Most companies cave to the low performers!!!!!

Progressive.Competitive.Fearless.Elite

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Ultimately, you bring a great benefit to a lot of struggling American companies! My heart used to sing when my clients would tell me they were able to afford a new pinball machine for their rec room, a new boat, or in some cases are able to pay their invoice with the refund they received. Sometimes, I reflect back on my experience and its like when 230 angels take their circular halos and throw them all up at once! Also, this is a great experience to heighten your communication skills. You will talk with CEOs, CFOs, reporters and even the IRS (even after you have left the company). Strong!

You have an opportunity to learn for the best in a high performance culture; the people above and around you are willing to do anything to get the job done. If you're three months in and your boss needs to get a signature from a client you're visiting, they will be more than willing to leave you stranded in a strange city to try and find your way back (don't worry, they reimburse your expenses 6 weeks later).

Company sponsored happy hours are the best and management always seems to know when their employees need a pick-me-up! It particularly hits the spot after a magic trick, the base-limitation disappearing act was my favorite and then you get to go out and celebrate!

Cons

Ryan Gosling memes; cats; alcoholics; coitus with management. All the other things too, like work-life integration.

You're doing a great job.

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

Fun-loving people who work hard

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Alliantgroup is really a unique environment that brings together people of very different backgrounds. I have learned a lot in the time that I've been here and I definitely appreciate the collaborative and friendly nature of the other employees here. It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged.

Cons

The training period is pretty intense especially for those who trained outside of tax law. There is always help to get over the learning curve however, and everyone really wants you to succeed.

The ever-evolving development plan is great. Keep bringing in people with new, good ideas to make it even better.

Turn Growing Pains Into Your Professional Gains

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, stands head and shoulders above our competition in the number of clients we serve, the scope and quality of the resources we've built to serve them and the results we achieve for them. The work we perform for our clients expand their capacity to hire and grow; adding new jobs and driving greater profits to the bottom-line. In many cases, even adding to their local economies.

Employees have exceptional opportunities for professional development, advancement and financial reward; given their willingness to put in the hard work and having a thick (mature) skin.

Executive management is committed to the hiring, investing in and rewarding exceptional people… all to build an extraordinary company. They have proven their ability to achieve unprecedented growth and success in our service niche. They ask nothing from others that they don't require of themselves.

Cons

Not For The Meek.

1. In an effort to disrupt the norms of "business as usual" and to spawn creativity... we are pushed out of our comfort zones and encouraged to find our own best-path to achieving our objectives, which includes, personally aligning with individuals and tapping into resources throughout the company.

This has facilitated new procedures, better practices and helped many people to achieve great results. Unfortunately, perhaps due to the high number of younger associates and managers; getting pushed outside of one's comfort zones makes some folks recoil rather than branch out. So those building new, productive relationships are sometimes viewed as a "favorite" or even, part of a "clique" while those who stagnate, don't get the attention they'd like. Some of this, is having a polarizing effect on the workforce, as evidenced here on glassdoor.

2. Like a lot of companies that experience fast growth, alliantgroup seems to have hit that transitional zone between small and big... commonly referred to as growing pains.

The broadening requirements of front-line managers may be outpacing the skills and growth of young managers. The demand for increased output, performance and metrics have them stretched thin. Individual and team performance is highly visible to everyone. So are the accolades and well intended, admonishments associated with that performance. Again, perhaps, due to the experience level of front line managers, some may try to hide their short comings and in doing so, alienate some of their staff. These dynamics have resulted in undesirable, turnover.

At the same time, Glassdoor's platform allows anyone, including competitors, to post anything; personal or professional, the truth or a lie, supportive or vindictive. Each posted with the intent to elevate or diminish the readers perception. This has led to a false impression of a thankless, burn’em and churn’em culture; jading potential candidates and providing an naysayer-community for under-performers, cut from the team.

As for the intent of my post... it's to speak sincerely, of positive and negative elements I've observed. alliantgroup is not perfect. What company is? I am, however, confident that unlike so many other firms, alliantgroup it committed to do whatever it takes to get there and will greatly reward those who make it happen.

I can't wrap this up with out speaking to posts I've read about people "being called out" on their mistakes, in front of others.

I've played team sports most of my life and find it much like being part of a company. Both strive to be the best, to capture the title. Both recruit the best talent they can get yet, not all of the talent makes the grade. There is always competition within the ranks and a quarterback is always more popular than a lineman.

As for "being called out" on a sports team... It happens daily. It's always, direct, personal, in your face and embarrassing, if not humiliating. Sometimes it means getting chewed out, sometimes push ups in front of our squad or running a couple laps while the rest of the group take a knee to watch. Like it or not, we do it. No whining, no complaining about the coach.

At alliantgroup critique is direct and yes, when in a group-meeting setting, it feels embarrassing. It's not a "you suck" approach but rather, "tell me why you chose that action" or "in retrospect what would you do differently." So it's an opportunity to learn and grow because when a mistake is discussed so are alternative approaches that can be taken to avoid those mistakes going forward. Doing so in a meeting also helps peers learn at the same time. That's why I suggested earlier, that employees needed a thick (mature) skin.

The fact is, alliantgroup is quite a remarkable company with a great track record of successful growth, employee development, unlimited upside and yes, with the aches and pains... but opportunities of an amazing company.

If I had the "right advice" I'd be a C-level manager and we'd be over these hurdles ;-)

We have rising stars on the horizon and those who shine brightly, today. I only hope they're not destined to a comets life, burning out and darkening our skies.

That said, I know top management is aware of the challenges balancing personal and professional lives... and are committed to helping us find that balance.

great company, great opportunities, bright future....

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company close to ten years. I have watched it grow from a small company to a large firm. The skill level and talent of the employees has grown dramatically thanks to the leadership of management. The company has helped develop employees technical and leadership skills. The benefits package is one of the best. From all of the perks, like free meals throughout the year, to a lot of paid days off (which grows with each year of employment), to bonuses, bonuses, bonuses. If you want a chance to be rewarded for performing, this is the place to be. Bonuses aren't just for the holidays, they are throughout the year based on each individuals performance. The company's history to promote from within and elevate people based on performance has been great. if you perform, you are rewarded generously with recognition and compensation.

Cons

if you are looking for a j-o-b, this is not the place for you. because this company is driven through a high performance culture, you can't sit back and coast. Some people can't handle that.

alliantgroup, LP Photos