alliantgroup, LP Reviews

115 reviews filtered by
  • Houston, TX Area
3.6
Dhaval R. Jadav

So you want to hate your life?

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Very relaxed dress code. The location of the building is amazing. You will be provided with free lunch everyday, some days breakfast and dinner too. During tax season you will get treats like froyo, popcorn, snow-cones, etc. On some Fridays they will bring beer and wine. You'l get a day off each tax season to celebrate the horror being over. No one bats an eye if you start drinking at your desk after client service hours at 6pm. You'll meet some awesome people that you'll dearly miss. Once one or all of your friends have been fired or quit, you'll meet up and discuss the PTSD you received from this place and how much better life is now that you are free.

Cons

They tell you you'll have to work long hours on occasion, usually during tax season. This is a lie. You will constantly be working long hours. During tax season expect to be working 12+ hour days with a 5 minute lunch break. On off season there will still be at least one day a week working 12+ hours. Might as well forget about your family, friends, and hobbies. alliantgroup is your life now. They will tell you to cancel your plans for a last minute meeting that consists of yelling at each person in the department for 2 hours. My department was very unorganized and constantly had mismanaged deadlines. Part of this was because it was a fairly new department with growing pains but nothing ever seemed to get better. The company has a very high employee turnover rate. On average, one person will leave or be let go from your department each week! Because of this turnover rate, information about the project or client is lost, leaving everyone else to scramble to figure out what is going on. Since this is happening on a weekly basis, there is a near constant air of confusion and fear. All in all, the company purposefully creates a high stress, overworked environment that will have you coming home either furious or crying, maybe even both.

Get a life....Half of you act like overgrown children. Maybe stop creating rumors, playing favorites, and cursing out your employees during meetings. Actually take some management classes and learn how to deal with your employees.

Good Learning Experience I Want to Forget

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

I learned a lot working there over 5 years. It is a well run high performance workplace. The Controller and CFO are both very intelligent. I consider it a badge of honor that I survived and left on my own. Most people are fired or have a nervous breakdown.

Cons

I finally left because of the stress and long hours. I would not go back even if offered a better position or more pay. I get off work at 4:30 everyday at my new job and have way less workload. At alliantgroup management is very mentally and verbally abusive.

I am sure they lose potential customers and prospective employees because of these negative reviews. I read the new reviews every few months and nothing changes.

There are great opportunities out there... This just isn't one of them!!

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free soda machines, free food, they pay for your insurance after you've been there a certain amount of time. That's about it.

Cons

Everything else. Management doesn't see the people who are actually working the long hours and promote or recognize them. They pick people they like the best and those are the people who get the credit. Those are often the folks who sneak out early and put their job responsibilities on the rest of the team. If that's who you are or strive to be then this is a great opportunity for you!

The hours are long but in some departments it's just for show. You will get called for meetings well into the night (literally- sometimes starting as late as 10pm after you've already worked a 12 hour day and there is no overtime!) and will definitely get hundreds of emails all night long. If you don't respond quickly enough (read: immediately) you will likely get called out as "not being a team player".

There is zero accountability from your management. The positive reviews tell you that there's so much transparency and you can just take complaints up the chain but the truth is that if you do take a complaint up, you will likely be fired. Management doesn't take too kindly to subordinates having any criticism of them. If you don't get fired, you will wish you did because there will likely be a team meeting that comes up and you will get berated in front of your entire department or in front of people you don't even work with. Public shaming is a big part of this company's "culture".

Speaking of culture... You are expected to attend after-hours events regularly and there is no personal reason that's good enough to miss. Speaking of personal life... Don't expect to keep yours! If you're fresh out of college (as most of these employees are) and aren't married or seriously dating anyone, this might be just fine but if you are married or have a family, you will quickly grow tired of the "raves" and happy hours.

It wouldn't be so bad if your management respected you and understood that not participating in one event doesn't mean you aren't on board or a team player but they don't.

You are also likely to discover that someone who has just graduated college and comes to the team with zero experience or professionalism will be making double what you are getting paid. How will you find this out? These kids will talk about their salaries and how they can't believe how much they make for the little they do! It's an absolute joke. Seriously. Ridiculous.

Management has their heads so far up their own butts that any suggestions are guaranteed to fall on deaf ears. There's no point in trying to make suggestions. These reviews- the ones that are are attempting to tell the truth about this place- are only really going to benefit (HOPEFULLY) those considering jobs at this place. Don't let the shiny new building and glossy descriptions when you interview fool you.

Terrible!

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, free lunch, free parking

Cons

Management is terrible!! They treat you like dogs!!

Treat people how you want to be treated!

Nightmare on Post Oak Street

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The new employees: like lambs to the slaughter every other Tuesday. It's so refreshing to see innocence and hope before the good ones go.

Cons

Everything; mainly because it's corrupt at upper management and it trickles down. Stress. Hours for nothing. Unethical business practices. Frat-House atmosphere.

Management does not respond to advice, last time I checked. They would rather go on the offensive and post fake reviews on this site.

99.5% of the "good" reviews are fake. Turn back now and don't look back!

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

No pros out weigh the cons. This company is the stereotypical corporate hell job. The hierarchy, entitlement, and treatment is absolutely disgusting.
    However, I did meet some amazing, bright people. Some people become the product of their environment and can get caught up in the work "culture." Others preserver and stick it out until they find a new job or reach their breaking point. I do not know if the founders understand how bad it is or if they choose not to know. They are brilliant men, but management is terrible. Another pro other than the friendships you may build is the pay. If you're fresh out of school, finding a job is like searching for Big Foot. Because of the growth and turnover rate, this company is always hiring. They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans. Additionally, their new building is a beautiful, new facility. That's about all I could think of.

Cons

First of all, management knows of the several bad and honest reviews that are out there. Instead of reflecting and improving, they ask their employees to post good reviews. That shows A LOT about a company; they will not accept their flaws and consider improvement. If you discuss with a director about the endless hours, unethical billing approach, or anything that should be a concern, they think you're not with the "culture." I suppose once you drink the kook aide, you're unable to handle constructive criticism. If anything happens, an employee who's been there longer gossips about you or if you make one mistake, they will never take you seriously. They are not realistic managers and will not care about you whatsoever. They are good at faking it in the beginning, but if you're not a suck up who works 80 hours a week, they won't care about you. The way some managers talk to employees is UNBELIEVABLE. Additionally, they expect you to handle emails after hours, regardless of what time it is. And instead of having one or two bosses, it's as if you have 10. No matter what deadlines you have, you must drop everything and assist a manager you don't even work with because he is important and you must serve. If you're a Project Coordinator, be ready to be treated like an incompetent idiot. The position was previously listed as administrative assistant, but it was changed I'm assuming for more people to apply. However, the position is completely administrative assistant. They are not flexible with your personal life, and the "training" is purely shadowing other than informational sessions on the tax incentive process. I had NO HR on boarding. I didn't even know that was a thing companies do until I started my new job. This isn't exactly HR's fault or project managers'. The upper management and directors lead the way. If you can handle working in an office that feels like a high school, be treated like scum, and work overtime every week, then you could survive here over a year.

They know exactly what to change but don't care to do so or even think about it. They somehow tell themselves that the hundreds of people who quit and complain are just against them. My advice, look into a mirror I suppose.

Why on earth did I ever sign up for this abuse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Covered parking when it's raining. And the privilege to waste the day away responding to congratulatory emails. Cattle call lunches by floor. Leaving each day realizing just how stupid people really are.

Cons

Millennial cult working conditions at its finest. Run by maniacal self-serving, gluttonous buffoon's favoring impressionable and inexperienced youth that most likely came from broken homes fostering low self-esteems. Fear and verbal abuse will be instilled into your daily regimen. Don't dare speak up, I watched them haul people out like criminals just for having a (valid) opinion. If you want to be abused ...you've found just the right place. If you are educated with any self respect ...then spare your dignity and keep away! This place could easily be the next ENRON disaster.

They won't listen! It would be easier to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Great view, terrible management

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free lunch and beverages, sometimes alcohol. A lot of eye candy

Cons

No work/life balance. The company makes entirely too much to be paying their employees so low and not rewarding them. Salaries are non negotiable.

The tax season hours are ridiculous and they try to compensate your time by feeding you and serving beer. I'd much rather be at home than getting fat and drunk at work. This is probably why half of the company is obese and lacking a social life.

You all suck.

Best choice I EVER made... I left

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I gained a friend or two from here.

Cons

Oh lord where do I start. I was there for a long time and not once was I “happy”.

I didn’t get my first raise until I was a year and a half in. They didn’t even notice, I setup the meeting and got one. Leaving at 6:30 pm (when your hours are done) is not a option. They get mad at you for not leaving past 7:00pm. During tax season and not during. I’m sorry but that’s freaking ridiculous! Not everyone there hates going home to their husband, wife or family. I guess some of the upper management does. They also LOVE to hire people fresh out of college because they don’t know any better. The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason there are a couple of 5 star reviews is because upper management make their employees write them when they get a raise or promoted. Now that’s just sad.

Free soda and lunch…. SOO COOL. I rather go home on my lunch break than eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with you people. They only reason they bring in free lunch is so you can’t leave the freaking office. Don’t you get it… they want you to live there! This place is falling apart fast and I will not say I’m sorry about that.

If you are still there just “dealing” with it and saying to yourself it’s a job no one said it was easy. Please read all the negative reviews and take them seriously. It’s only going to get worse for you. If you are dreaming about having a family soon then you better wake up… because at alliantgroup it will not happen.

Not worth it. Nothing will make this company better.

Things Have Not Changed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There are NO pros--either to state or in management. They are a bunch of egotistical maniacs with a culture that is not only a lie, but toxic, which speaks to their turnover. They walk the line regarding breaking the law. They have been investigated.

Cons

Everything: unprofessional, childish, greedy, out for themselves only, the hours you work will never be enough or appreciated.

Leave.