alliantgroup, LP

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
3.2

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

106 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Fun-loving people who work hard

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Alliantgroup is really a unique environment that brings together people of very different backgrounds. I have learned a lot in the time that I've been here and I definitely appreciate the collaborative and friendly nature of the other employees here. It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged.

Cons

The training period is pretty intense especially for those who trained outside of tax law. There is always help to get over the learning curve however, and everyone really wants you to succeed.

The ever-evolving development plan is great. Keep bringing in people with new, good ideas to make it even better.

Get on this rocketship

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Alliantgroup is an awesome place for career-minded, driven, and high performing people who are looking for an opportunity to lead and be great. This company has some of the smartest, most driven people that I have ever met - and it offers you an amazing opportunity to train with and learn from the best of the best.

Cons

The growth here has come with challenges but along with that growth, there are so many opportunities to learn, develop professionally, and accomplish more than you ever imagined. Management here encourages and demands greatness. If you want to hide in the shadows - this is not the place for you.

Keep pushing for greatness and not accepting mediocrity.

Internal Raving Fan!

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot is spoken about alliantgroup employees creating raving fans of our clients, which we do. The amazing part is that management practices what it preaches internally to create raving fans of their employees. If you want to work with the best and brightest that are also the happiest, this is the place for you. The investment that everyone puts into each other is truly astonishing in comparison to any other company. Most companies treat you as 'sink or swim'. Where as at alliantgroup, it is understood on all levels that all components of the 'ship' must operate together as to not sink. You don't have to struggle to find the energy and the passion you need because it naturally wants to jump out of you.

Cons

There can be long hours at times, but that goes with the territory regardless of where you work. Tax season is tax season. Management does everything they can to lighten the load and reward you for the time and effort through out the long hours.

Economic Growth!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It feels amazing to go to work every day and get to work with small and mid-sized companies nationwide to help them create job growth in America by showing them where they are leaving their tax dollars behind. It's the greatest feeling when a client calls you to tell you how grateful they are that with the help of the tax incentives and deductions they received, they were able to stay open or hire more individuals. In an economy like ours has been as of late, this is vital. To be a part of it is astounding.

Cons

I truly can't think of any. If any issue was to arise, I could always speak to any of my superiors, all the way up to the CEO, and it would be immediately assessed. Love the open door policy and transparency!

Rewarding career for smart, driven performers

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A talented group of professionals who share a passion for client service and a fun, rewarding work environment. Performance is frequently rewarded through bonuses and extra time off. Lunch catered daily. Those who show leadership ability are promoted quickly. Promotions are merit-driven and not based on tenure. Awesome new building with great views and an in-house gym (under construction).

Cons

Tax season hours can be intense due to commitment to client service and meeting project deadlines. However, dinner is catered daily and co-workers blow off steam with ping-pong, football, etc.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup provides every opportunity to achieve professional success. Management has an open door policy and they are willing to discuss any issue or suggestion that you have. The average starting salary is highly competitive compared to other Tax Firms, along with excellent bonus incentives. Along with FREE catered lunches every day and FREE catered dinners every night during tax season. They also offer a complimentary Wellness Program that promotes healthy food choices and weekly Fitness Programs; they are also in the process of building us a new gym.

Cons

During tax season the hours are longer than the normal 9-5 job; but that is the name of the game for ALL Tax Firms. Success comes with hard work and dedication. If you want to be successful then all you have to do is work for it. Plus with all of the tax season perks that alliantgroup offers the time literally flies by.

My advice to management is focus on hiring individuals that have more work experience, because these kids that are fresh out of college/law school do not realize how good they have it here. allintgroup goes above and beyond to reward their employees and some people just take that generosity for granted.

loving the opportunity

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

this place is the most refreshing work environment I have ever been involved with. Everything is on the table with no worries about where you stand, if you have a problem you are encouraged to elevate it up fast. I was told in my interview that people with desire do well here..and that has been incredibly prophetic. i'm advancing based on my performance and not if someone likes me...yep, completely different from the law firms I was apart of.

Cons

want more updates on all the cool stuff going on within the company

keep doing what you do...naysayers will always be around

Great place to start!

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great money and great environment

Cons

The long hours and working weekends

Give more raises to those who deserve it. If one has to ask, management isn't doing their job.

Deceptive

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The interview process! They are desperate for employees, so this is when they put on a show. This is the only time you will have a positive outlook on the company. Wait until you begin working...

Cons

Instability/Turnover Rate:

The company has a 55-60% turnover rate – the strong talent leaves, and the low performers stay. One case will have multiple project managers who are no longer with the company, so clients have no idea who they are talking to or working with. Most people have been there less than one year, and everyone is looking for a new job.

“High Performance” with Low Reward:

You are publically ranked based on performance, constantly forced to do other’s work that you didn’t sign up for, and pushed to bill clients to the cap. There are promises of bonuses, but the directors find an excuse not to pay-out. If there is ever a pay-out, it goes to management. The “incentives” are simply empty promises.

Micromanagement

Get ready to have 5 different bosses (all juvenile and inexperienced) demanding information from you. You are always watched. You will be told what to say, how to say it, who to talk to you, and where to be. You are expected to be at every little event, even if it's after-hours. If you leave during lunch, you'll receive emails asking where you are. If you miss a work event, you will need a serious excuse. Forget freedom.

Be truthful during the interview process. The reality of the work environment is an exact opposite of what you advertise.

Met some of my best friends... you know what they say, misery loves company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work along side some of the most amazing people possible.
    I had a gained an unsurpassed amount of experience in the few years I worked there.
    Let me be very clear, I LOVED the people I worked with and my actual job. However, I value myself as a person and my health.

Cons

First of all, everything you read on here - it's true - regardless of what others tell you. There are some departments that are "easier", less abusive to work in. However, the challenges do not, ever, outweigh the pros. I know so many people that have been pushed to their breaking point and do not know how or where to turn.
    The "constructive" criticism that is provided is laughable at best. You truly cannot understand what it is like to work there until you do - which I hope you don't.
    The "transparency" is hilarious. They are absolutely transparent about who sucks, but if it is discussed, you are brought into a meeting and accused of not being with the culture. If you hang out with employees who are no longer there, while you still are, you are not with the culture. Being happy for someone that has been able to move on is absolutely unacceptable.
    The hours are unbearable - conference calls at all hours of the night because it's internal, therefore necessary that it be outside of "customer facing hours" - so if you want to see your family or friends, DON'T, you'll have to leave whatever you are doing to take a phone call at the drop of a hat.

There is truly no advice to provide. They know what needs to change and actively decide it is the employees, not the management.

alliantgroup, LP Photos