alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated March 20, 2015
171 reviews filtered by
3.5
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

1. Chilling after my first full tax season

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone tells you during the interview process and once you start that the company will challenge you for greatness and that there is always support to help you on this path. I will attest that this is true. I'm coming off my first tax season and can say this was a rewarding experience. Watching everyone work together and help each other out including leadership was fantastic. The head of the consulting team literally helped out folks everyday on any questions or issue that was presented...to be able to run into his office and get assistance was refreshing (for my other colleagues, take advantage of this). Coming from a larger company I've never witnessed this type of comradery.

Cons

We have some incredibly stringent processes before any of our work leaves the office. This can be consuming and the QC process can be daunting but i'm completely bought in that we are ensuring best quality and service to our clients. Its also an invaluable enhancement for continued learning.

When is the spring golf scramble? just kidding..but looking forward to some post-tax season fun.

2. Some of these reviews crack me up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at alliantgroup is not equal. If you take care of business, you are exceptionally well paid and treated. Motivated energetic people who care about their careers embrace this as a positive. If you think this is a negative you are not a fit. Salaries and compensation are impressive with contests that have huge prizes. The company emphasizes its culture because the core values of that culture have caused the company to skyrocket. As long as I have been here, we have had a ton of job openings because the growth is so crazy. Not many companies can say that. The food and relaxed dress are nice, but not a reason to pick a job. The company as a whole is very direct about what is expected, if you do those things, and put your best effort into your job, you will do very well here.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, and the training when you start is pretty rigorous. It takes a lot of confidence to put yourself out there, and that is intimidating to some people. It is necessary to succeeding that you be an active part of your team. They do a lot of practice in mock situations which was uncomfortable to me at first, but it gives you confidence pretty quickly. Now that I am helping others with mocks I can see why we do them.

3. A Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

What I love about alliantgroup is the constant teamwork fostered between the departments. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a broad range of people from unique backgrounds and life experiences, and this promotes an environment and culture that is conducive to learning as well as building camaraderie among one another. I enjoy being able to discuss ideas and brainstorm with people no matter what the topic may be, and the cohesiveness between the departments is second to none compared with other jobs I have had. Upper management is always available as well, no matter what you need to discuss. It truly is an “open door” policy and not simply a catch phrase, and it is nice to know that they are available should you need them. I always seek them out when I have questions regarding complex files, and they are happy to answer my questions for me.

The work itself is very interesting in that you will have the opportunity to learn both the applicable law as well as the accounting principles that govern the execution of the files. The legal landscape is always changing with regard to a lot of the work, and I enjoy having the opportunity to use my legal background to navigate through the complexities of each file. I also enjoy the opportunity to work with clients from different industries, including software development, engineering, construction, and life sciences. You will be able to develop client relationships with many talented individuals from all of these industries, and it keeps each new file unique and exciting to work on.

Cons

The hours can be long during tax season, but again, you are not alone in your work. We are growing very fast, and as such, some of our internal processes often change quickly which can make things difficult at times.

Thought I would hate it (based on these reviews)... still here after ~1 year and I can honestly say I love it...

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hard working, high octane atmosphere. Motivated, tenacious co-workers. You can move up fast if you're a mover & shaker, and management will go out of their way to accommodate you when you prove yourself.

Cons

Intense atmosphere, long hours during tax season, but not as long as in finance and big law careers. Constant pressure from management to out-perform and improve. This is a good thing, if you're game.

Their mantra is to push people to be their very best and maximize performance. This is a good thing, but it is not for the faint of heart. Come here to work hard and realize your full potential.

Place for a career, not just a job!

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at alliantgroup is if you desire a real career, not just a job. I started as an Associate and worked my way to Director with the guidance and help of upper management the whole way. I am performing tasks that I didn't think I was qualified for before I started. It is a big time commitment but it's worth it. I have more fun with my "work" friends than others outside of the office.

Cons

Too many reply-all emails. People get carried away with good news, promotions, rewards, etc.

Please find more people so we can have a blue "a" on a skyscraper in every city!

If you need the money and you are aggressive work there!

Former Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Energy Modeler in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

the money and smart people that work there.

Cons

work / life is nonexistent

quit micromanaging

Opportunity and more!

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Working at alliantgroup for more that six years has been the best career decision ever! The opportunity for growth is limitless. The ongoing training is second to none and it challenges each one of us to think and grow all the time.
    A career here allows one to work with truly the best and brightest people. We have Architects, Engineers, PhDs, Chemists, Software Engineers along with CPAs, Tax Attorneys and even Former IRS Commissioners, and former Governors, Senators and Congressmen, all focused on our mission to help create more US jobs.
    It is a very rewarding career. My favorite part is working together with our CPA partners across the country to help them and their clients benefit through the tax incentives we focus in.

Cons

There aren't any cons to mention as alliantgroup provides you so many tools and the support to make sure your successful.

My advice to management would be to just keep the training coming. It is very exciting to see everyone learning and growing in their careers so quickly.

Sell your soul

Current Employee - Associate in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Starting off here, I was probably underqualified for the position yet I was determined to succeed. Most of the people in the company are determined, motivated hard working people yet that also turned out to be part of the cons of working at alliantgroup. They pay well, give you free lunch during tax season, completely pay for your healthcare and most of the people are great. You'll have the opportunity to travel at the complete expense of the company yet traveling is not optional at any time, you are required to go when and where they want you to go and for however long. Great room for growth and you'll learn more than you ever thought possible if you're determined to do well.

Cons

Since this company hasn't been around for that long, NOTHING is organized. There are no set rules, boundaries or guidelines and the only way you'll find out what they are is once you cross them and then you're done. There is no work life balance they want you to commit your life and soul to the company. They have events for top performers which aren't optional (even though they'll tell you they are) and I was even told who I was not allowed to associate with because they 'weren't top performers.' When it came down to it, everyone turned out to be 100% selfish. Everyone is there to work and make money (which is understandable) but at the same time if you're going to pretend to care about your employees care and dont' just turn around one day and become a completely different person. I worked under one of the top director's in the company who seemed great at first. In the end she ended up being a backstabbing and completely fake person. I was fired outside of a bar in Boston, sent back to California the next day and told I wasn't fired, then told to come back to work Monday morning just to be fired a second time. They'll overwork you and push you to your limits. Lastly, I was promised commission after 90 days and when I brought it up, they denied every saying that I would receive commission.

Create a training program and proper title descriptions! You can't continue to hire people who have no financial background and then fire them when a month into it they're still confused as to what they're selling and what they're supposed to be doing.

Hello, America!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Our country, America, the land of the free was built on hard work and perseverence. Nothing is handed to you in life. I am competitive by nature and that drive has helped me to succeed and grow within alliantgroup. It is not a company meant to help you pay bills rather a company that will help you build a career and bring out your strengths and in the end not only will you have self fulfillment but also the compensation you deserve.

Cons

It is not for everyone. Just like tryouts, not everyone will make the team because you need people that are not only talented but driven. Practice makes perfect. The more you invest in yourself the more you get out of it.

Thank you for always having our best interests at heart and for investing in each of us. I want to echo the fact that I too appreciated the extra time off over the Holidays that allowed me to spend additional time with my loved ones.

Couldn't be happier ...

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Intellectually stimulating, great promotion opportunities, very fun environment, excellent training programs

Cons

since alliantgroup strives to put out the best possible work product, there are a tremendous amount of checks and balances and the work is a little tedious and rigorous at times

leadership is fantastic and challenges you constantly - we need more associates !

alliantgroup, LP Photos