alliantgroup, LP

Updated January 23, 2015
Updated January 23, 2015
3.1

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Professionally Satisfied, Great company culture, & strong upward mobility

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working with like-minded High-Performance Professionals who care about their work, and care about making a difference.

Great Company Culture
    Health & Wellness Program
    BEAUTIFUL OFFICE SPACE
    Catered lunch daily, breakfast Fridays, snack 2x week
    State of the art Gym
    Great management with an open door policy

Cons

Longer Hours, however they come with great reward for the top performers. When you care and love your work, it time flies by, so I do not have any real cons.

I love this firm!

Changed my life, in more ways than one.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to develop a career, and advance in a high performance culture. If you like being challenged, and are willing to put in the work, the possibilities are endless! Executive Management is constantly collaborating on ways to further invest in their employees, train them to the best of their ability, and show them that they are valued. This company has helped me in my personal and professional growth. I'm married, and have a baby on the way, and I have received unbelievable support from upper management; even in hard times, my husband and I have always been treated like family. While it hasn't been easy, you'll be given all the training and tools that you could possibly ask for to succeed!

Cons

The only con I see is that there are employees that have the wrong perception, and aren't speaking up! Reach out to upper management, elevate your concerns, and you'll always be treated with respect and courtesy!

Keep investing in your employees, and our company will continue to grow beyond our expectations!

Fun culture and lots of opportunity !

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you are seeking a career (as opposed to a job), this is THE place for you. This is a pure meritocracy and high performance is rewarded greatly. Intelligence and drive are highly prized here.

Cons

There are a lot of new hires so sometimes its easy to get lost in the mix unless you are vocal. If you are not a high performer, you will get lost in the shuffle.

Please pay attention to the high performers who are not as vocal as the blowhards.

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

Breath of friggin fresh air!!!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've been working in various industries for the past 8 years. For the last 2 companies I have worked for, they claimed their culture to be unique and progressive; ultimately they were boring, stale and reminded me of a post-apocalyptic zombie world. then, as funny as it sounds, my life changed when I joined alliantgroup. Culture is key at this company and it is practiced every day. Who can argue against a culture that promotes investment in people, merit based performance, positive energy, exceptional client service...and to have fun...really having fun is a core value for this organization. For those that strive for excellence, this is seriously nirvana...you are continuously challenged and if you have a problem you can go directly to upper management and discuss your situation without fear of reprisal like every other large traditional company.

Cons

ran out of powerade in the awesome fountain machines..just sayin we need a fill up.

Keep pushing and challenging me and my colleagues. its actually quite remarkable the lifelong skills sets you develop at this organization.

I don't get it...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

There's a real sense of community at this company. In the years I have been here, I have made many long term friendships who are now like family. You really get what you put in which is why I don't get a lot of the negative reviews.

It's not a free handout - but no real job or any job with a real career track is easy. I can only guess that some people who had such a bad experience, has had no prior jobs.

I have worked elsewhere and know what it can be like. There are very few places where you can work hard and get rewarded beyond your wildest dreams. Most of my friends working elsewhere have to work hard and can hope for measly raises (if they are lucky).

Those who work at alliantgroup know that if they do well, they can be rewarded very handsomely while doing something very rewarding.

Cons

You do have to do some real work. This is not a place where you come to snooze or put up your feet and hope that you have won the lottery. Some of these negative reviewers probably were hoping to browse the internet and hope to collect a paycheck. Reality check, guys...

You also have to learn to speak up. In an environment of type A individuals who are all high achievers, you can't be a wallflower. Take the initiative and voice concerns - good and bad. Management has done a good job in taking the feedback and making substantive changes.

Continue to promote from within and you're doing a good job with all these continued perks. The yoga and pilates have been great; I can't wait for the new gym!

Progressive.Competitive.Fearless.Elite

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Ultimately, you bring a great benefit to a lot of struggling American companies! My heart used to sing when my clients would tell me they were able to afford a new pinball machine for their rec room, a new boat, or in some cases are able to pay their invoice with the refund they received. Sometimes, I reflect back on my experience and its like when 230 angels take their circular halos and throw them all up at once! Also, this is a great experience to heighten your communication skills. You will talk with CEOs, CFOs, reporters and even the IRS (even after you have left the company). Strong!

You have an opportunity to learn for the best in a high performance culture; the people above and around you are willing to do anything to get the job done. If you're three months in and your boss needs to get a signature from a client you're visiting, they will be more than willing to leave you stranded in a strange city to try and find your way back (don't worry, they reimburse your expenses 6 weeks later).

Company sponsored happy hours are the best and management always seems to know when their employees need a pick-me-up! It particularly hits the spot after a magic trick, the base-limitation disappearing act was my favorite and then you get to go out and celebrate!

Cons

Ryan Gosling memes; cats; alcoholics; coitus with management. All the other things too, like work-life integration.

You're doing a great job.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

The company brings in catered lunch every day, there are coke freestyle machines on two floors, parking is free and secured, and they do pay 100% of your health insurance premiums. There are quick promotions due to sheer attrition. There are two former IRS commissioners and a litany of politicians on staff to garner an imprimatur of respectability. You will get to meet some of them. Oh, joy!

Cons

If you ask anyone in the industry about alliantgroup’s reputation, you’ll hear one word repeatedly. Sweatshop. It is not at all unusual to have over forty active clients at once. You will receive meeting requests for nine, ten, even eleven at night. The firm puts on events that last until three or four in the morning. I could go on.

The turnover rate is unbelievable. Across the board, less than 10% of employees remain here beyond two years. Yes, it’s that bad. The working relationships you build with your colleagues and support staff will have to be rebuilt over and over again. You will work with clients that have been through three, four, and even five project managers.

Perhaps the worst part is the frat-house atmosphere and toxic culture. alliantgroup bills itself as a meritocracy and as being all about high-performance. What a farce. You will be publicly ranked on emails blasted out to the entire company. If you do your job in an ethical fashion, you will have little to no control over the lion’s share of metrics you are measured by. During training as a new hire, there are tests on the material covered. The results, pass or fail, are posted for all to see. Bonuses are directly tied to billing and management places no checks or controls on the process. This has led to a culture of grossly unethical billing practices. Better learn how to bill 100+ hours per week if you want to win one of those billing contests!

I should probably address the 800-pound Gorilla in the room. The saccharin-sweet five-star reviews are laughable. They are either written by marketing, employees compelled to post by management, or a total sociopath (granted, there are plenty of those). Given how much creative writing alliantgroup has generated and posted under the guise of legitimate employee reviews, I thought I’d contribute some of my own. Enjoy.

For years I worked at alliant;
    Under pressure to fleece all my clients;
    Just ignore all the facts, you’ll;
    Make those fat stacks; but
    Friggin’ pray the IRS is compliant.

All levity aside, management is clueless.

Associate Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Honestly, there is nothing positive about this company. I worked at alliantgroup for a year and could not wait to leave. They paid me a decent salary but it wasn't enough to cover the discriminatory, condescending and unprofessional environment. Through the hiring process everything is made to seem very positive and exciting but once you are in say goodbye to your life and happiness. I was a top performer and did very well but never once was I recognized or rewarded for my efforts.

Cons

Everything. This place is horrible. You are looked down on if you leave for lunch or if you leave before 7pm. Nothing is ever good enough and the CEO is very unprofessional and offensive. Management is two faced and will go out of their way to throw you under the bus. Do not trust ANYONE.

Good luck finding employees who want to commit their lives to alliantgroup.

Terrible!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great pay, free lunch, free parking

Cons

Management is terrible!! They treat you like dogs!!

Treat people how you want to be treated!

alliantgroup, LP Photos