alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, great coworkers to work with (in 14 reviews)

• It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has no work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season (in 26 reviews)

Investment

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much training and investment in employees. its unbelievable how much time they spend training us.

Cons

a lot of training and some late nights but its not that bad

Advice to Management

keep investing in us and making us great. the job is hard so we need the continued training and investment

Project associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. Work with very smart people. Get to really make a difference in for small to mid size businesses.

Cons

The hours are often very long and you may find yourself getting overwhelmed from time to time b

Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment where your opinion matters. Fast paced, goal oriented team players. Always helpful if you have questions. Approachable management that truly cares about company and employees

Cons

Negative reviews scare people from joining a great organization.

Where to begin

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear comfy clothes and they cater lunch every day - but that's because they don't want you to leave. You will maybe meet some really nice coworkers. You will learn a lot.

Cons

Alright..... well........ this place is disorganized from the top and it trickles down. I worked there for 2 years and was never offered a raise. Didn't know it was standard for people to get one after a year, and by the time I did, I was looking for new jobs anyway and didn't want the hassle. They do not want you to have a life outside of work. They want you to drink the kool-aid with a forced smile. They want you to work 10-12 hours every day, and they don't care if it is a detriment to your health, family, or life in general. People will ask everything of you and will not give you the tools to get it done timely or perfectly. There is a disgusting amount of favoritism and a high school/frat atmosphere at times. The way people talk is abhorrent. It's like you can't go 2 sentences without dropping a much unneeded F bomb somewhere. The priorities are out of line. There is no punishment for reviews coming in late, so the Quality Control department suffers tremendously when Implementation is out of sync, which in my 2 year run was almost always. Alcohol is encouraged and force fed it seems to try and enchant employees into thinking the work culture and environment is a fun place. People will talk down to you and step all over you to make sure they get what they want. There were far too many days in which I went to the bathroom to cry just because of the people, the stress, and the unrealistic work expected. Didn't think that would ever happen. Didn't think I'd ever contemplate suicide either but, when you don't see another way out and your life is spiraling downward, I guess that happens too. Bottom line: Do not apply here. Do not interview here. Do not work here.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the clouds - learn about your company instead of the generic management. Your employees are unhappy. Mentally, physically, emotionally unhappy. Understand that work is PART of life, and should not BE YOUR LIFE. You have turned this company into a disorganized cult.

Working at alliantgroup

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity is limitless at alliantgroup and training is ongoing. The people you work with are the most intelligent and the highest caliber there are anywhere. A career here is exciting and rewarding if you want a REAL career with a dynamic growing company.

Cons

It can be difficult for people that are looking for just a job where you can check in at eight and leave at five without applying yourself and trying to learn and grow. We need the best of the best to work here and I wish I knew more people to refer and share in the opportunity!

Awesome place to build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Excellent training and professional development. Results-driven environment where those who perform are rewarded with promotions and bonuses. This is a very demanding place to work, and it is not for everyone. If you want a job that is from 9-5 where you can check-in and check-out and no one is going to push you to achieve your potential, then you may not succeed here; however... If you come in, get connected, work hard, and drive results, then you absolutely can build a meaningful career here.

Cons

Long hours during tax season. Heavy workload, which is due to exponential growth.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in more talented professionals and investing in us.

Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment where you do good work for businesses while working with some of the best and brightest people that you will find anywhere.

Cons

It's a rapidly growing firm and it's a challenge to find enough of the right people to take on the surge of new clients and maintain repeat client relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep standards high, do not compromise on making the right hiring decisions. We need more people, but not average - they must be great.

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply put, this is a tremendous opportunity I've been given. Coming from a large corporation with typical archaic culture, I'm finally at a place that lets me by myself and challenges me to achieve versus sit and collect a pay check that was the norm at my past job.

Cons

Is definitely a different culture from what I came from..but its so much more rewarding and refreshing. There is a lot to learn, but that's what I expected with this change..not for the lazy.

Advice to Management

don't listen to the naysayers..often times people want a banal existence and want to impute that on those around them.

interesting

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

it was an interesting experience. i got some consulting experience out of it. the only problems with this was that there were long hours and since it is a fairly new company, the salary didn't much up very well with the hours. other than that it was a good starting job.

Cons

long hours. not enough pay for the amount of hours put it. the credit for the lunches was not that great since they barely gave any credit.

Advice to Management

management needs to start getting with advanced technology and fix the issue with the long hours and stop paying so little.

Sue-happy lying degenerates

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the mind games they play EVERYTHING is a pro. This is what they will convince you of. Plus they have free sodas.

Cons

Turns out that everything you thought was great when you first started was a bunch of lies. Senior management must not have any real friends, because if you show a glimmer of independence or love for anybody outside the office (and really, THEM), you'll be ostracized. You'll prefer it this way because you won't gain nearly as much weight or be forced to listen to the mindless chatter in the late night meetings (usually about movies or racist gossip), but it also means your days there are limited, and will be quite painful. Once somebody is on the outside they will actually force those still in the loop to stop talking to you or suffer the same consequences. The quality or volume of your work will have no impact on your status... Just the tightness of your skirt (for the ladies) or how good and believable your sucking up skills are. For those of us who worked hard and put money in the table it was an infuriating environment. Don't believe the fake reviews about "meritocracy" or any other such nonsense. This is how they paint reality to fit their image. You want the real story about this place just Google it. Hundreds of lawsuits against employees and clients - all public record. They have their spin, but there is nothing they can say to cover the fact that they are a bunch of sue-happy degenerates.

Advice to Management

Your emptiness cannot be filled by forcing people to be your friends. But good luck with all of that. The only thing you could do to make this a better place is leave. Bad people don't change who they are when the payout is so good.

RSS Feed </> Embed