alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, great coworkers to work with (in 14 reviews)

• It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has no work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season (in 26 reviews)

Investment

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is so much training and investment in employees. its unbelievable how much time they spend training us.

Cons

a lot of training and some late nights but its not that bad

Advice to Management

keep investing in us and making us great. the job is hard so we need the continued training and investment

Project associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. Work with very smart people. Get to really make a difference in for small to mid size businesses.

Cons

The hours are often very long and you may find yourself getting overwhelmed from time to time b

Dreams Really Do Come True: High School Pt. 2

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really great people here - smart, personable, funny - just awesome people to work with. I've made some great friends here - I'm sure bonding over misery may have had something to do with it. The lunch catering really helps cut down on my grocery bill.

Cons

The pay is a joke. They under pay you, work you to death, when you become unhappy (or fall out of favor - whichever comes first) crap on you until you leave, then hate you for leaving - 'tis the cycle of alliantgroup. This is a VERY political work environment - the most so in Implementation. If you aren't in the higher ups office every other day telling them how great and wonderful they are good luck making any kind of move up in the company. Be sure to listen for buzzwords such as 'escalate' 'bubble up' and 'calendar management' while you drink the kool-aid with a forced smile on your face. Oh and don't forget to hit 'reply-all' on company wide emails because they watch that too. When they send Work Anniversary emails, the funny thing is there are a ton of one year anniversaries and hardly any anniversaries higher than that... I wonder why. I've been here around 6 months - it only took me a few weeks to figure out that this place was not somewhere I wanted to work and I am now looking at other jobs.

Advice to Management

Employees have lives outside of alliantgroup. I think the company would be better served trying to foster that and ensuring that employees lead balanced lives. The rate of burnout here is extremely high because you can't keep people at this company and their work falls on the others left. I work far too many hours for far too little pay - also not matching 401ks at all is a joke. How about we stop putting fresh flowers in the lobby and put the money towards something your employees actually benefit from.

Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment where your opinion matters. Fast paced, goal oriented team players. Always helpful if you have questions. Approachable management that truly cares about company and employees

Cons

Negative reviews scare people from joining a great organization.

Working at alliantgroup

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity is limitless at alliantgroup and training is ongoing. The people you work with are the most intelligent and the highest caliber there are anywhere. A career here is exciting and rewarding if you want a REAL career with a dynamic growing company.

Cons

It can be difficult for people that are looking for just a job where you can check in at eight and leave at five without applying yourself and trying to learn and grow. We need the best of the best to work here and I wish I knew more people to refer and share in the opportunity!

Where to begin

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear comfy clothes and they cater lunch every day - but that's because they don't want you to leave. You will maybe meet some really nice coworkers. You will learn a lot.

Cons

Alright..... well........ this place is disorganized from the top and it trickles down. I worked there for 2 years and was never offered a raise. Didn't know it was standard for people to get one after a year, and by the time I did, I was looking for new jobs anyway and didn't want the hassle. They do not want you to have a life outside of work. They want you to drink the kool-aid with a forced smile. They want you to work 10-12 hours every day, and they don't care if it is a detriment to your health, family, or life in general. People will ask everything of you and will not give you the tools to get it done timely or perfectly. There is a disgusting amount of favoritism and a high school/frat atmosphere at times. The way people talk is abhorrent. It's like you can't go 2 sentences without dropping a much unneeded F bomb somewhere. The priorities are out of line. There is no punishment for reviews coming in late, so the Quality Control department suffers tremendously when Implementation is out of sync, which in my 2 year run was almost always. Alcohol is encouraged and force fed it seems to try and enchant employees into thinking the work culture and environment is a fun place. People will talk down to you and step all over you to make sure they get what they want. There were far too many days in which I went to the bathroom to cry just because of the people, the stress, and the unrealistic work expected. Didn't think that would ever happen. Didn't think I'd ever contemplate suicide either but, when you don't see another way out and your life is spiraling downward, I guess that happens too. Bottom line: Do not apply here. Do not interview here. Do not work here.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the clouds - learn about your company instead of the generic management. Your employees are unhappy. Mentally, physically, emotionally unhappy. Understand that work is PART of life, and should not BE YOUR LIFE. You have turned this company into a disorganized cult.

8. Alliantgroup = No Life

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Great benefits such as catering and paid health insurance, but that's it.

Cons

CEO only allows growth if you have sex with him. his employees, doesn't respect people with kids. There's no work life balance.

Advice to Management

You can not tell those people anything! No advice to give.

9. Associate

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunches and friendships made with those who are subjected to your same misery (it's at least comforting to know you aren't the only one).

Cons

Please do not believe any reviews glorifying this hellhole - they're written by the actual company. Spend one month here (if that), and you'll realize quickly it's nothing but a "bro-club". If you're a female, well, best of luck - you'll be subjected to inappropriate comments and behaviors by upper management. It's narcissism at it's finest here at AG High School. If you have a problem with the inappropriateness, or management putting on employees on blast for not being a "high performer" (what a joke), stay far away. Only a sadist would join this cult.

Advice to Management

Advice to management - go to therapy, get some friends. Get a life, actually. Your employees can't stand the culture, or any of you. It's all a paycheck, and continuing to buy into the notion that people here actually "Bleed Blue"? Well, you're only continuing to delude yourselves.

Awesome place to build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Excellent training and professional development. Results-driven environment where those who perform are rewarded with promotions and bonuses. This is a very demanding place to work, and it is not for everyone. If you want a job that is from 9-5 where you can check-in and check-out and no one is going to push you to achieve your potential, then you may not succeed here; however... If you come in, get connected, work hard, and drive results, then you absolutely can build a meaningful career here.

Cons

Long hours during tax season. Heavy workload, which is due to exponential growth.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in more talented professionals and investing in us.

Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment where you do good work for businesses while working with some of the best and brightest people that you will find anywhere.

Cons

It's a rapidly growing firm and it's a challenge to find enough of the right people to take on the surge of new clients and maintain repeat client relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep standards high, do not compromise on making the right hiring decisions. We need more people, but not average - they must be great.

RSS Feed </> Embed