alliantgroup, LP

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.2

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

This has been the best experience of my life! I have learned more from some of the smartest people I have ever worked w

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

You are paid for performance, it is not about favorites or seniority it is about your individual contributions.

Cons

Not everyone understands how to work in a high performance environment and it can be frustrating if you are not a key performer.

Keep doing what you are doing, you are creating something remarkable and the fact that your door is always open to top performers is refreshing. Most companies cave to the low performers!!!!!

No one asked me to write this review! Current Director in Irvine

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for almost 4 years. When I started, I was part of the many that just didn't get it. I didn't fully understand the high performance culture and all the trainings we were having after hours.

It took me about 6 months to not only understand the culture but to then transition to absolutely loving it. It's pretty simple, you work hard and ultimately make the company money and in return, you are compensated very generously and treated very well.

I am a mother of two young kids. When I started with the firm, my daughter was just 4 months old. I read some of the reviews regarding the lack of balance and all I heard were excuses. Of course it's not easy to make all elements of your life sync, especially as a working mother, but when the family life and the work life are both worth it, you simply find a way to figure it out. Show your value to the firm and they'll give you whatever it takes. I experience this every day.

alliantgroup has helped me develop into the professional I am today. The discussions I have with people far smarter than I only make me better at what I do. I'm constantly trying to improve and with every interaction I have, I am thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

Sometimes we don't speak to one another with the tact and respect as people but it's because we're intense and going too fast. This is something I know will get better as our firm matures.

Continue to care and invest in your people. The fearful and lazy people may never get it.

Progressive.Competitive.Fearless.Elite

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Ultimately, you bring a great benefit to a lot of struggling American companies! My heart used to sing when my clients would tell me they were able to afford a new pinball machine for their rec room, a new boat, or in some cases are able to pay their invoice with the refund they received. Sometimes, I reflect back on my experience and its like when 230 angels take their circular halos and throw them all up at once! Also, this is a great experience to heighten your communication skills. You will talk with CEOs, CFOs, reporters and even the IRS (even after you have left the company). Strong!

You have an opportunity to learn for the best in a high performance culture; the people above and around you are willing to do anything to get the job done. If you're three months in and your boss needs to get a signature from a client you're visiting, they will be more than willing to leave you stranded in a strange city to try and find your way back (don't worry, they reimburse your expenses 6 weeks later).

Company sponsored happy hours are the best and management always seems to know when their employees need a pick-me-up! It particularly hits the spot after a magic trick, the base-limitation disappearing act was my favorite and then you get to go out and celebrate!

Cons

Ryan Gosling memes; cats; alcoholics; coitus with management. All the other things too, like work-life integration.

You're doing a great job.

loving the opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

this place is the most refreshing work environment I have ever been involved with. Everything is on the table with no worries about where you stand, if you have a problem you are encouraged to elevate it up fast. I was told in my interview that people with desire do well here..and that has been incredibly prophetic. i'm advancing based on my performance and not if someone likes me...yep, completely different from the law firms I was apart of.

Cons

want more updates on all the cool stuff going on within the company

keep doing what you do...naysayers will always be around

Your brand is what people say about you when you are not in the room.

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Free drinks, it's true! Been pounding them for 14.5 years. The building is shiny, and has a big staircase! If you play racquet sports with management, they turn a complete blind eye to gross incompetence and the inability to perform the most basic job functions - and even promote you. When they demote you for not trying to become best buds with management, they don't reduce the salary you earned from those racquet sports and pretending to love wine! Also, you don't need to be "eckspecially" literate to manage the support staff and they pay moderate settlements so your wife won't find out you were texting your admin at 4 a.m...if racquet sports. And when your computer gets stolen from the front seat of your car outside a bar, you don't get in trouble and they won't inform your clients about all of their sensitive information that was compromised! Thank you thank you thank you! =)

Cons

They don't guilt trip employees enough when they don't send company-wide thank you emails for being rewarded for dancing/beatboxing/winning a billing competition. Come on guys, they need to be crushed! Ya gotta build them up to break them down. Everyone can be manipulated!

Medical insurance doesn't cover scooter to get around office. Pool table is always broken. IRS won't stop calling me.

No Diet Mountain Dew.

Keep reading those management books! You never misinterpret the message or pull only the message you want from it. Top notch! Keep on sponsoring American innovation, let's go let's go let's go! Keep McCarthyism alive!!!

Keep telling us to bill clients more hours than actually exist in a week. YOLO!

Fun-loving people who work hard

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Alliantgroup is really a unique environment that brings together people of very different backgrounds. I have learned a lot in the time that I've been here and I definitely appreciate the collaborative and friendly nature of the other employees here. It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged.

Cons

The training period is pretty intense especially for those who trained outside of tax law. There is always help to get over the learning curve however, and everyone really wants you to succeed.

The ever-evolving development plan is great. Keep bringing in people with new, good ideas to make it even better.

Turn Growing Pains Into Your Professional Gains

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, stands head and shoulders above our competition in the number of clients we serve, the scope and quality of the resources we've built to serve them and the results we achieve for them. The work we perform for our clients expand their capacity to hire and grow; adding new jobs and driving greater profits to the bottom-line. In many cases, even adding to their local economies.

Employees have exceptional opportunities for professional development, advancement and financial reward; given their willingness to put in the hard work and having a thick (mature) skin.

Executive management is committed to the hiring, investing in and rewarding exceptional people… all to build an extraordinary company. They have proven their ability to achieve unprecedented growth and success in our service niche. They ask nothing from others that they don't require of themselves.

Cons

Not For The Meek.

1. In an effort to disrupt the norms of "business as usual" and to spawn creativity... we are pushed out of our comfort zones and encouraged to find our own best-path to achieving our objectives, which includes, personally aligning with individuals and tapping into resources throughout the company.

This has facilitated new procedures, better practices and helped many people to achieve great results. Unfortunately, perhaps due to the high number of younger associates and managers; getting pushed outside of one's comfort zones makes some folks recoil rather than branch out. So those building new, productive relationships are sometimes viewed as a "favorite" or even, part of a "clique" while those who stagnate, don't get the attention they'd like. Some of this, is having a polarizing effect on the workforce, as evidenced here on glassdoor.

2. Like a lot of companies that experience fast growth, alliantgroup seems to have hit that transitional zone between small and big... commonly referred to as growing pains.

The broadening requirements of front-line managers may be outpacing the skills and growth of young managers. The demand for increased output, performance and metrics have them stretched thin. Individual and team performance is highly visible to everyone. So are the accolades and well intended, admonishments associated with that performance. Again, perhaps, due to the experience level of front line managers, some may try to hide their short comings and in doing so, alienate some of their staff. These dynamics have resulted in undesirable, turnover.

At the same time, Glassdoor's platform allows anyone, including competitors, to post anything; personal or professional, the truth or a lie, supportive or vindictive. Each posted with the intent to elevate or diminish the readers perception. This has led to a false impression of a thankless, burn’em and churn’em culture; jading potential candidates and providing an naysayer-community for under-performers, cut from the team.

As for the intent of my post... it's to speak sincerely, of positive and negative elements I've observed. alliantgroup is not perfect. What company is? I am, however, confident that unlike so many other firms, alliantgroup it committed to do whatever it takes to get there and will greatly reward those who make it happen.

I can't wrap this up with out speaking to posts I've read about people "being called out" on their mistakes, in front of others.

I've played team sports most of my life and find it much like being part of a company. Both strive to be the best, to capture the title. Both recruit the best talent they can get yet, not all of the talent makes the grade. There is always competition within the ranks and a quarterback is always more popular than a lineman.

As for "being called out" on a sports team... It happens daily. It's always, direct, personal, in your face and embarrassing, if not humiliating. Sometimes it means getting chewed out, sometimes push ups in front of our squad or running a couple laps while the rest of the group take a knee to watch. Like it or not, we do it. No whining, no complaining about the coach.

At alliantgroup critique is direct and yes, when in a group-meeting setting, it feels embarrassing. It's not a "you suck" approach but rather, "tell me why you chose that action" or "in retrospect what would you do differently." So it's an opportunity to learn and grow because when a mistake is discussed so are alternative approaches that can be taken to avoid those mistakes going forward. Doing so in a meeting also helps peers learn at the same time. That's why I suggested earlier, that employees needed a thick (mature) skin.

The fact is, alliantgroup is quite a remarkable company with a great track record of successful growth, employee development, unlimited upside and yes, with the aches and pains... but opportunities of an amazing company.

If I had the "right advice" I'd be a C-level manager and we'd be over these hurdles ;-)

We have rising stars on the horizon and those who shine brightly, today. I only hope they're not destined to a comets life, burning out and darkening our skies.

That said, I know top management is aware of the challenges balancing personal and professional lives... and are committed to helping us find that balance.

great company, great opportunities, bright future....

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company close to ten years. I have watched it grow from a small company to a large firm. The skill level and talent of the employees has grown dramatically thanks to the leadership of management. The company has helped develop employees technical and leadership skills. The benefits package is one of the best. From all of the perks, like free meals throughout the year, to a lot of paid days off (which grows with each year of employment), to bonuses, bonuses, bonuses. If you want a chance to be rewarded for performing, this is the place to be. Bonuses aren't just for the holidays, they are throughout the year based on each individuals performance. The company's history to promote from within and elevate people based on performance has been great. if you perform, you are rewarded generously with recognition and compensation.

Cons

if you are looking for a j-o-b, this is not the place for you. because this company is driven through a high performance culture, you can't sit back and coast. Some people can't handle that.

Opportunity of a lifetime!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup is a model place to work. Upper management truly cares about its employees, making this a fun and satisfying career. You’re given the freedom to grow, and hard work is compensated with opportunities to excel within the company. This place inspires hard work, and open communication with executives. The employee events and benefit packages are also an outstanding perk of the job. Management truly values high performers and rewards greatly for it!

Cons

It's difficult to find a con for alliantgroup. I've seen the company grow rapidly within the short time I've been here. I think finding individuals who are dedicated, loyal, passionate not only for the company but for their career is something alliantgroup truly strives for.

In the years I’ve been here I have seen new hires work their way up to valuable assets to the company. It’s obvious that hard work gets people ahead, but your support and motivation really inspires us to be better.

LOVE IT HERE ! The negative reviews are absolutely untrue !

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Difficult ? yes. Challenging ? yes. Extremely rewarding ? yes. Everyone, 90% OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT ALLIANTGROUP ARE BEING POSTED BY 4 COMPETITORS / EX-EMPLOYEES ! How do I know this ? Because I WAS ONE OF THEM!! I rejoined alliantgroup after a stint with a competitor and part of the program that the four of us engaged in was to go on glassdoor on a weekly basis and post untrue negative reviews. After having been at this competitor and working at another job (before coming back to alliantgroup), I have come to truly appreciate alliantgroup's meritocracy and reward system.

In addition, 60% of the company's employees are female, so the 'frat pack' comments are completely untrue - as I said, 90% of the reviews are completely fictitious and untrue and are made by people who don't know anything about alliantgroup.

Cons

Its ok to ease up from time to time :)

More open forum discussions with employees would be very beneficial. The recent discussions with female leadership are a great step in the right direction - please do more of these !

alliantgroup, LP Photos