alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
169 reviews filtered by
3.3
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

I don't know what I would do without this job

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I hear daily of people being laid off or their company is closing and here we are growing by leaps and bounds. I am thankful for the stability and consistent growth of my company. The opportunity I have for personal development is endless, I appreciate the time they take to educate you in our unique business, the brilliant people that I get to work with everyday and the laughter make the days fly by.

Cons

I wish I knew more people that I could recommend to fill the positions we have open.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, its contagious!! I respect how hard you work to consistently make this a better place to work.

Some of these reviews crack me up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at alliantgroup is not equal. If you take care of business, you are exceptionally well paid and treated. Motivated energetic people who care about their careers embrace this as a positive. If you think this is a negative you are not a fit. Salaries and compensation are impressive with contests that have huge prizes. The company emphasizes its culture because the core values of that culture have caused the company to skyrocket. As long as I have been here, we have had a ton of job openings because the growth is so crazy. Not many companies can say that. The food and relaxed dress are nice, but not a reason to pick a job. The company as a whole is very direct about what is expected, if you do those things, and put your best effort into your job, you will do very well here.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, and the training when you start is pretty rigorous. It takes a lot of confidence to put yourself out there, and that is intimidating to some people. It is necessary to succeeding that you be an active part of your team. They do a lot of practice in mock situations which was uncomfortable to me at first, but it gives you confidence pretty quickly. Now that I am helping others with mocks I can see why we do them.

A Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I love about alliantgroup is the constant teamwork fostered between the departments. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a broad range of people from unique backgrounds and life experiences, and this promotes an environment and culture that is conducive to learning as well as building camaraderie among one another. I enjoy being able to discuss ideas and brainstorm with people no matter what the topic may be, and the cohesiveness between the departments is second to none compared with other jobs I have had. Upper management is always available as well, no matter what you need to discuss. It truly is an “open door” policy and not simply a catch phrase, and it is nice to know that they are available should you need them. I always seek them out when I have questions regarding complex files, and they are happy to answer my questions for me.

The work itself is very interesting in that you will have the opportunity to learn both the applicable law as well as the accounting principles that govern the execution of the files. The legal landscape is always changing with regard to a lot of the work, and I enjoy having the opportunity to use my legal background to navigate through the complexities of each file. I also enjoy the opportunity to work with clients from different industries, including software development, engineering, construction, and life sciences. You will be able to develop client relationships with many talented individuals from all of these industries, and it keeps each new file unique and exciting to work on.

Cons

The hours can be long during tax season, but again, you are not alone in your work. We are growing very fast, and as such, some of our internal processes often change quickly which can make things difficult at times.

Thought I would hate it (based on these reviews)... still here after ~1 year and I can honestly say I love it...

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working, high octane atmosphere. Motivated, tenacious co-workers. You can move up fast if you're a mover & shaker, and management will go out of their way to accommodate you when you prove yourself.

Cons

Intense atmosphere, long hours during tax season, but not as long as in finance and big law careers. Constant pressure from management to out-perform and improve. This is a good thing, if you're game.

Advice to Management

Their mantra is to push people to be their very best and maximize performance. This is a good thing, but it is not for the faint of heart. Come here to work hard and realize your full potential.

Place for a career, not just a job!

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The best reason to work at alliantgroup is if you desire a real career, not just a job. I started as an Associate and worked my way to Director with the guidance and help of upper management the whole way. I am performing tasks that I didn't think I was qualified for before I started. It is a big time commitment but it's worth it. I have more fun with my "work" friends than others outside of the office.

Cons

Too many reply-all emails. People get carried away with good news, promotions, rewards, etc.

Advice to Management

Please find more people so we can have a blue "a" on a skyscraper in every city!

Opportunity and more!

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working at alliantgroup for more that six years has been the best career decision ever! The opportunity for growth is limitless. The ongoing training is second to none and it challenges each one of us to think and grow all the time.
    A career here allows one to work with truly the best and brightest people. We have Architects, Engineers, PhDs, Chemists, Software Engineers along with CPAs, Tax Attorneys and even Former IRS Commissioners, and former Governors, Senators and Congressmen, all focused on our mission to help create more US jobs.
    It is a very rewarding career. My favorite part is working together with our CPA partners across the country to help them and their clients benefit through the tax incentives we focus in.

Cons

There aren't any cons to mention as alliantgroup provides you so many tools and the support to make sure your successful.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to just keep the training coming. It is very exciting to see everyone learning and growing in their careers so quickly.

Hello, America!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Our country, America, the land of the free was built on hard work and perseverence. Nothing is handed to you in life. I am competitive by nature and that drive has helped me to succeed and grow within alliantgroup. It is not a company meant to help you pay bills rather a company that will help you build a career and bring out your strengths and in the end not only will you have self fulfillment but also the compensation you deserve.

Cons

It is not for everyone. Just like tryouts, not everyone will make the team because you need people that are not only talented but driven. Practice makes perfect. The more you invest in yourself the more you get out of it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for always having our best interests at heart and for investing in each of us. I want to echo the fact that I too appreciated the extra time off over the Holidays that allowed me to spend additional time with my loved ones.

The strong not only survive, they thrive!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

If you're motivated and truly appreciate the sense of satisfaction that comes from a job well done, not just well said, this is the place for you. Ambition and hard work are very well rewarded.

Cons

alliantgroup hires the best of the best. Not everyone wants to realize they don't fit this description.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We see you striving to make improvements to ensure teams and individuals are respected, valued and encouraged. The extra days given over the holidays were truly appreciated - so many of my friends and family were not given that time to re-group. Thank you!

Professionally Satisfied, Great company culture, & strong upward mobility

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with like-minded High-Performance Professionals who care about their work, and care about making a difference.

Great Company Culture
    Health & Wellness Program
    BEAUTIFUL OFFICE SPACE
    Catered lunch daily, breakfast Fridays, snack 2x week
    State of the art Gym
    Great management with an open door policy

Cons

Longer Hours, however they come with great reward for the top performers. When you care and love your work, it time flies by, so I do not have any real cons.

Advice to Management

I love this firm!

Changed my life, in more ways than one.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a great place to develop a career, and advance in a high performance culture. If you like being challenged, and are willing to put in the work, the possibilities are endless! Executive Management is constantly collaborating on ways to further invest in their employees, train them to the best of their ability, and show them that they are valued. This company has helped me in my personal and professional growth. I'm married, and have a baby on the way, and I have received unbelievable support from upper management; even in hard times, my husband and I have always been treated like family. While it hasn't been easy, you'll be given all the training and tools that you could possibly ask for to succeed!

Cons

The only con I see is that there are employees that have the wrong perception, and aren't speaking up! Reach out to upper management, elevate your concerns, and you'll always be treated with respect and courtesy!

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees, and our company will continue to grow beyond our expectations!

alliantgroup, LP Photos