alliantgroup, LP
www.alliantgroup.com Houston, TX 150 to 499 Employees

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros:
  • "Health benefits, free food during tax season, money-if senior leadership likes you"
    in 12 reviews
  • "During the tax season, they'll bring in good food from good restaurants for dinner and sometimes lunch"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance"
    in 11 reviews
  • "tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!

Associate Attorney (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

Prosalliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

ConsThe year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.

My experience with alliantgroup has not only been exciting and challenging, but very rewarding as well.

Houston, TX

Prosalliantgroup is looking for a very specific type of people. You will see immediately that this company wants people who are not only ambitious for themselves, but for the future of the company as well. This means that you must have the drive to dedicate yourself to your responsibilities. If you are hungry for your future and willing to put in the effort, this company will reward you.

- Competitive salary
    - Flexibility to work in a an industry that excites you
    - Collaborative and team effort environment
    - Direct transparency regarding your performance to your growth

ConsLong hours, especially during tax season.

High energy environment with endless opportunities!

Houston, TX

ProsDeciding to work at alliantgroup was the best decision I have made in my career. It is a high-performance and high-energy environment and the opportunities are endless. alliantgroup maintains an open-door policy and I feel comfortable asking anyone and everyone for help at all times. Hard work and dedication does not go un-noticed. Unlike other companies, the management team instills complete transparency and recognizes the hard work put out buy their employees. The opportunities, rewards, incentives and fun is endless at alliantgroup. Along with the professional growth I have experienced at alliantgroup, the personal growth I have experienced is also second to none.

ConsI do not have any cons about working at alliantgroup.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High Performance and Pro-active Attitudes Appreciated and Awarded

Associate Attorney (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe number one reason I enjoy working here is because the career opportunities are limitless. After only 4 months, I have already been promoted and am on my way to gaining even more experience and responsibilities. Throughout my entire time here, my supervisors have been very transparent and constantly let me know what areas I am excelling in and what areas I can improve upon. I am an aggressive person and have always been a high performer and at the top of my class. This company rewards individuals who put in the work and who are dedicated to improving themselves. Another perk is that the company promotes collaboration so there is always someone who genuinely wants to help you and learn from you as well. Lunch is provided every day and so is dinner during tax season. I'm looking forward to learning more about this company and continuing to move up the ladder.

ConsTax law is a new area that I wasn't familiar with so I was a little nervous whether or not I would be successful at this job. However, there is a multi-week training course to teach you everything that you need to know and everyone enjoys helping you out and making sure you are comfortable with the material.

Fast paced environment that encourages hard work and high energy!

Houston, TX

ProsI truly feel as if I learn something new every day. The work is always exciting and challenging. My colleagues are all smart, driven, and passionate. There is a culture of learning, accountability and teamwork. This is one place that I think is truly a meritocracy. Everyone is measured on the strength of their performance. Even after a few months, I felt that I was growing and strengthening my skill set. This is an excellent place to work if you enjoy pushing yourself.

work-life balance is certainly attainable if you prioritize it. We even have a Health & Wellness Director and numerous programs in place that encourage activity and stepping away from work for a bit.

Best of all, the management is incredibly supportive. I have never heard of another employer where the upper management will take time to personally help develop your skills, even as an entry level employee. If you show initiative and ask for guidance, you will not be refused. The opportunities for growth are huge here. I would recommend alliantgroup to any contacts who are hardworking, focused and looking to make a career.

ConsThis is not your typical 9-5 job. If you are looking for a boring desk job where you can surf the internet all day and have no real responsibilities, this is not the place for you. You will work long hours and late nights, however, I have never felt that my efforts have gone unnoticed or unrewarded.

Great high energy atmosphere with lots of opportunity and growth! Go-getters welcome.

Houston, TX

ProsThe nature of the work is complex and interesting – this is a fast paced work environment and every day presents new challenges and opportunities.

Your peers are successful, intelligent, and motivated. You will receive mentorship and guidance from upper level management since alliantgroup promotes an open-door policy. alliantgroup has assembled a unique Advisory Board which consists of former IRS Commissioners, Senators, Governors, and other high level executives – all of which visit the headquarters and you can connect with – talk about a great opportunity!

You are rewarded for hard work – vacations, catered meals, bonuses etc.

The skill set you develop here in such a short amount of time is incomparable to other firms. You are presented an opportunity to consult executives of Companies and their CPAs on how to effectively increase their bottom line – these executives will love you and alliantgroup rewards you for developing strong relationships with clients.

alliantgroup just moved into a new building that overlooks downtown Houston and the Galleria – lots of fun things happening! alliantgroup has implemented a new Wellness program – weekly runs, yoga classes, and nutritional classes as well as more healthy options offered for lunch.

ConsLong hours during tax season – this is the nature of the industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep maintaining a high performance culture and keep promoting personal and professional growth.

Incredible Opportunity at a Dynamic, Growing Company

Houston, TX

Prosalliantgroup is a company full of young, energetic, and highly intelligent people. The people you will meet working here are one of the best things about alliantgroup. It is a very enjoyable work environment that makes you look forward to coming to work each day.

You will get what you put into alliantgroup. I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded. You will not find another job where it is so easy to advance even within your first year. The sky is the limit and the room for advancement is unprecedented due to the rapid growth of the company.

The work we do is rewarding, challenging, and different each day. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients in a lot of different industries. There are great opportunities to travel the country, but at your discretion and timing.

The benefits provided are unparalleled. Everyone works hard and alliantgroup constantly finds ways to give everyone the opportunity to mix in fun and excitement. This will include everything from company parties, happy hours, movie outings, and dinners. Lunch is catered in daily at no charge and during tax seasons, dinners are provided as well.

ConsThis is the not the work environment for everyone. This is a fast paced environment where high performers are sought and greatly rewarded. Those expecting to clock in, clock out, and do the bare minimum will not be successful. The hours can be long during the busy tax seasons, but the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that occur during this time is impressive. Management is always working to find ways to keep it fun and reward everyone for the extra time commitment.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! As we continue to grow, maintain the core principles that have made this such a great company to work for.

DISSAPOINTMENT WAS SO YESTERDAY

I'm NOT In Management, I'll Say That (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFirst off… No One told me to write this. This was triggered when I was interviewing a candidate; talent acquisition came to me and said that my candidate declined a second interview, I was shocked and disappointed at the same time because my skillset is very unique and only 3 other people in this company can do what I do. I questioned “Was it because I told him that this isn’t your typical “8a-5p” job?” She replied, “No, we got hit pretty hard on glass door.” So I went and read the reviews, with a doleful look and to my dismay I wanted to write to all you future, current and past alliantgroup employees.

These people on here are clearly disappointed. Disappointment and expectations go together. The greater your expectations are – the greater the disappointment (my candidate for example). Disappointment is a cousin of courage. Courage comes before the action, to be COURAGEOUS is to be prepared, to have faith in your abilities to succeed, to put aside doubt and fear when tackling the difficult, and to have an understanding of what our culture is like and reality – these people evidently did not understand our culture.

Disappointment plays a role in failure, and honestly that is why these people are not here. PERIOD. This is a high-performance culture, you either get it – or – you don’t. Even I have been told that I was not a “High-performer” but in my mind I am, did that let that stop me… NO! It made me want it more. That mentality is welcomed here and that is why I am still here and will continue to grow, because as much as I work on my professional growth, it strengthens my personal growth as well.

When you are coping with reality not being what you “hoped”, the quickest way out of your situation is to put the experience behind you. Blaming others and living in the past is reliving the pain and reinforcing it- in time you become bitter and cynical about your talents and your future.

To Current Employees: If you are unhappy – LEAVE. You deserve the best, this place isn’t for you, it’s ok, and you can leave, make room for people who do want to be here! Why collect a paycheck, why eat their food, why go on company outings (which is regularly), why participate on golf scrambles and trips and all the special things that they do for us? You people are the clear definition of “INSANE” because you are repeating the same action and expecting a different result or some miracle to happen and let’s be honest… you all are low-performers and it’s time pack up your nice desk, say good bye to the cool people you have met, the nice bonus’ that you get at the end of the year, the extravagant parties that you so much enjoy being part of. You’re bitter and cynical, the reason you are on board is because you do reap the ‘benefits’ that alliantgroup has to offer.

To Prior Disgruntled Employees: Your disappointment is on you and only you. It is clearly defined what our culture is, and you didn’t succeed. Bottom line. Own it. Change for the future. Lesson Learned (hopefully)

I have worked in the corporate and service industry for over 15 years. I have some credibility, I’ve been at the bottom and I’ve been at the top. I don’t always make sense, I mess up, I make mistakes and I’m stubborn…I’ve been told this by senior management myself. Stubborn people have an advantage when they channel their stubbornness into positive action. We simply refuse to give up, settle for less and keep trying! THAT is the type of person that needs to work here. If you want to be challenged, rewarded, make great friends, be around the prodigious people in this industry that we serve then this is for you.

I’ll leave with this: Disappointment belongs to YESTERDAY – to hold on to it is to invite future failure. Not having it your way 100% is life. To expect perfection in any form is denying reality. The reality is 1) you’re either unhappy and need to take responsibility of your future or 2) stop bad-mouthing a company in which you feel “disappointed” – Move On. It was SOOO YESTERDAY!

Great Health Benefits
    Lots of Perks
    Rewarded for good performance
    Based on a metric system of set deliverables
    Awesome vacation (can only take during certain months but it is a TAX company)
    Professional Growth
    Personal Growth
    If you don't fit in one place they will put you in another if you ask
    Work among highly intelligent motivated people
    Quarterly Team Building Outings

ConsIf you are looking for that 80-20 O&G work it's not for you this is 9-6, lunches and dinners paid for you. People who say they can't leave... BS, I leave to go walk every day - we are even building a gym in our building which I will be at every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to get with Talent Acquisition and make sure you all are on the right page. Houston is growing rapidly no reason we can't have amazing talent at alliantgroup. TA is now on the right path. Skill set and Culture is huge. Honestly you should look for people that have been in the "client service industry" while going through school.

They work hard, they are used to long hours and would be very appreciative of all the perks this company has to give.

You Get What You Put In

Houston, TX

Pros-high performance environment
    -work with really intelligent individuals
    - you're always learning new things (my biggest fear is being bored so this has been the perfect company for me)
    -if you are passionate about what you do and put in the effort, you will be rewarded well
    -the culture (you develop strong friendships because of all the fun and engaging activities that the Company holds)

ConsI've read through a lot of the reviews on here and although I am baffled by the negative ones, I can see how alliantgroup is not for everyone. If you want a job purely to check in, check out and float through life without being engaged- don't join this company. This is definitely not somewhere you go just to collect a paycheck and have a mind numbing day. You join this company if you want to really enjoy what you do, be engaged and like to be challenged.

It's not a 9-5 job. There are some days you work longer hours and some days you work shorter hours but when you enjoy what you're doing, time flies by either way.

Rewarded for rewarding work.

Associate Director (Current Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsThis is a challenging, fast-paced, highly rewarding environment. I get the opportunity to find America's small and mid-sized businesses much needed tax refunds for them and, boy, are they grateful. I have had heard business after business tell me: "Thank you. We are really grateful for alliantgroup's effort because it allowed us hire additional employees or buy a new piece of equipment that is essential to our company's continues growth and success" And, it feels really good to hear how grateful these companies are. There aren't many companies out there that serve the heartbeat of the American economy, its small and mid-sized businesses; but alliantgroup is one that does so admirably. It is incredibly rewarding work.

While working here I found that my effort has never gone without being rewarded by alliantgroup. It is a true meritocracy! I have shown the aptitude and ability to excel at this company and I keep getting rewarded in different ways - raises, performance-based bonuses, discretionary bonuses, all-expense paid trips, gift certificates, and other perks.

This is the only company I have worked for that truly appreciate and cares for its employees. they cater food daily for lunch, provide health and dental care to all of its employees, and has hired a Director of Health and Wellness to educate its employees on fitness and nutrition, put on optional fitness classes, coordinate running/walking groups, etc..

I couldn't be happier!

ConsThe continued construction in our new building can be distracting.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to take care of and reward your employees.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at alliantgroup, LP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for alliantgroup, LP CEO Dhaval R. Jadav. All 120 reviews posted anonymously by alliantgroup, LP employees.