alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, great coworkers to work with (in 14 reviews)

• It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has no work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season (in 26 reviews)

Awesome place to build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Excellent training and professional development. Results-driven environment where those who perform are rewarded with promotions and bonuses. This is a very demanding place to work, and it is not for everyone. If you want a job that is from 9-5 where you can check-in and check-out and no one is going to push you to achieve your potential, then you may not succeed here; however... If you come in, get connected, work hard, and drive results, then you absolutely can build a meaningful career here.

Cons

Long hours during tax season. Heavy workload, which is due to exponential growth.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in more talented professionals and investing in us.

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply put, this is a tremendous opportunity I've been given. Coming from a large corporation with typical archaic culture, I'm finally at a place that lets me by myself and challenges me to achieve versus sit and collect a pay check that was the norm at my past job.

Cons

Is definitely a different culture from what I came from..but its so much more rewarding and refreshing. There is a lot to learn, but that's what I expected with this change..not for the lazy.

Advice to Management

don't listen to the naysayers..often times people want a banal existence and want to impute that on those around them.

Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment where you do good work for businesses while working with some of the best and brightest people that you will find anywhere.

Cons

It's a rapidly growing firm and it's a challenge to find enough of the right people to take on the surge of new clients and maintain repeat client relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep standards high, do not compromise on making the right hiring decisions. We need more people, but not average - they must be great.

Working at alliantgroup

Current Employee - Business Development Associate
    Current Employee - Business Development Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity is limitless at alliantgroup and training is ongoing. The people you work with are the most intelligent and the highest caliber there are anywhere. A career here is exciting and rewarding if you want a REAL career with a dynamic growing company.

Cons

It can be difficult for people that are looking for just a job where you can check in at eight and leave at five without applying yourself and trying to learn and grow. We need the best of the best to work here and I wish I knew more people to refer and share in the opportunity!

I don't know what I would do without this job

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I hear daily of people being laid off or their company is closing and here we are growing by leaps and bounds. I am thankful for the stability and consistent growth of my company. The opportunity I have for personal development is endless, I appreciate the time they take to educate you in our unique business, the brilliant people that I get to work with everyday and the laughter make the days fly by.

Cons

I wish I knew more people that I could recommend to fill the positions we have open.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, its contagious!! I respect how hard you work to consistently make this a better place to work.

Some of these reviews crack me up

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone at alliantgroup is not equal. If you take care of business, you are exceptionally well paid and treated. Motivated energetic people who care about their careers embrace this as a positive. If you think this is a negative you are not a fit. Salaries and compensation are impressive with contests that have huge prizes. The company emphasizes its culture because the core values of that culture have caused the company to skyrocket. As long as I have been here, we have had a ton of job openings because the growth is so crazy. Not many companies can say that. The food and relaxed dress are nice, but not a reason to pick a job. The company as a whole is very direct about what is expected, if you do those things, and put your best effort into your job, you will do very well here.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve, and the training when you start is pretty rigorous. It takes a lot of confidence to put yourself out there, and that is intimidating to some people. It is necessary to succeeding that you be an active part of your team. They do a lot of practice in mock situations which was uncomfortable to me at first, but it gives you confidence pretty quickly. Now that I am helping others with mocks I can see why we do them.

A Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

What I love about alliantgroup is the constant teamwork fostered between the departments. You will have the opportunity to develop relationships with a broad range of people from unique backgrounds and life experiences, and this promotes an environment and culture that is conducive to learning as well as building camaraderie among one another. I enjoy being able to discuss ideas and brainstorm with people no matter what the topic may be, and the cohesiveness between the departments is second to none compared with other jobs I have had. Upper management is always available as well, no matter what you need to discuss. It truly is an “open door” policy and not simply a catch phrase, and it is nice to know that they are available should you need them. I always seek them out when I have questions regarding complex files, and they are happy to answer my questions for me.

The work itself is very interesting in that you will have the opportunity to learn both the applicable law as well as the accounting principles that govern the execution of the files. The legal landscape is always changing with regard to a lot of the work, and I enjoy having the opportunity to use my legal background to navigate through the complexities of each file. I also enjoy the opportunity to work with clients from different industries, including software development, engineering, construction, and life sciences. You will be able to develop client relationships with many talented individuals from all of these industries, and it keeps each new file unique and exciting to work on.

Cons

The hours can be long during tax season, but again, you are not alone in your work. We are growing very fast, and as such, some of our internal processes often change quickly which can make things difficult at times.

Thought I would hate it (based on these reviews)... still here after ~1 year and I can honestly say I love it...

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard working, high octane atmosphere. Motivated, tenacious co-workers. You can move up fast if you're a mover & shaker, and management will go out of their way to accommodate you when you prove yourself.

Cons

Intense atmosphere, long hours during tax season, but not as long as in finance and big law careers. Constant pressure from management to out-perform and improve. This is a good thing, if you're game.

Advice to Management

Their mantra is to push people to be their very best and maximize performance. This is a good thing, but it is not for the faint of heart. Come here to work hard and realize your full potential.

Hello, America!

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Our country, America, the land of the free was built on hard work and perseverence. Nothing is handed to you in life. I am competitive by nature and that drive has helped me to succeed and grow within alliantgroup. It is not a company meant to help you pay bills rather a company that will help you build a career and bring out your strengths and in the end not only will you have self fulfillment but also the compensation you deserve.

Cons

It is not for everyone. Just like tryouts, not everyone will make the team because you need people that are not only talented but driven. Practice makes perfect. The more you invest in yourself the more you get out of it.

Advice to Management

Thank you for always having our best interests at heart and for investing in each of us. I want to echo the fact that I too appreciated the extra time off over the Holidays that allowed me to spend additional time with my loved ones.

The strong not only survive, they thrive!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

If you're motivated and truly appreciate the sense of satisfaction that comes from a job well done, not just well said, this is the place for you. Ambition and hard work are very well rewarded.

Cons

alliantgroup hires the best of the best. Not everyone wants to realize they don't fit this description.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. We see you striving to make improvements to ensure teams and individuals are respected, valued and encouraged. The extra days given over the holidays were truly appreciated - so many of my friends and family were not given that time to re-group. Thank you!

RSS Feed </> Embed