alliantgroup, LP
www.alliantgroup.com Houston, TX 150 to 499 Employees

alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros:
  • "Health benefits, free food during tax season, money-if senior leadership likes you"
    in 12 reviews
  • "During the tax season, they'll bring in good food from good restaurants for dinner and sometimes lunch"
    in 8 reviews
Cons:
  • "Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance"
    in 11 reviews
  • "tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Meh.

Doesn't Matter Anyway (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsFree soda. I can't even reach the 20 word minimum for Pros.

ConsSay goodbye to your life, health, friends, and family.

Advice to Senior ManagementThat's a joke, right?

We Are All Trying to Leave

Associate (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThey have a casual dress code and free sodas.

ConsTake a look at the reviews with all 5 stars and notice the consistency in the phrases. The authors were approached by management to write a glowing and positive review while they look over your shoulder. This has been the norm lately because the talent acquisition department is having a hard time bringing people in. The reason why it's important to get people in the door right now is because so many people are leaving. Look at the constant stream of alliantgroup job openings on the job boards - that speaks for itself.

No one is happy here.

The "culture" they promote fosters humiliation, shame, and disrespect. If you are someone who values learning from a leader with integrity and character, this place is not for you. This may be the most unprofessional company in operation, and it would be great if people on the outside knew the truth. The drama here is unreal. The gossip flows every day, and soon you will hear rumors about yourself. You will be asked inappropriate questions by management and asked to disassociate yourself from others. You will be asked why you left for lunch, or why you did not attend an out of the office event.

When they say this is a culture of "competition," they mean it is a culture of favoritism.

When they say this is a culture of "transparency," they mean it is a culture of gossip.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the constant negative feedback and give value the people who come to work at alliantgroup. It's time for a change.

Revenge of the Nerds

Associate (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsFree Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily). You will meet some awesome people

ConsThis place is the worst. When I started 2 yrs ago, I was coming off the really bad economy & this place seemed like a dream. The money, the Washington Brass, the lawyers....It feed my ego for sure. I was so passionate & I was drinking the Kool Aid daily.

You know when they say Nerds rule the world...that is what is going on here & they are getting their revenge! People with miserable lives trying to make you just like them.

You will make some awesome friends but remember no one is your friend! People will sell out their mother to get in good with whoever they think will forward their career.

There is a lot of sleeping together which is so gross. There is a lot of Christianity which is so fake. There is a lot of cock-blocking which is so insecure.

Just because you are the best man for the job doesn't not mean you get the job. Just because you were hired for a specific position does not mean you will get that position. Just because you make $50,000 a year does not mean you make $50,000 a year. If you work 80-100 hours a week, do the math.

When you first see people quitting and/or leaving you think they are weak and do not understand the culture. But once you get kicked out of the "Cool Group" (Revenge of the Nerds), you really see what's going on. Once you lose a loved one, your significant other says they can't do this anymore, you gain 50-70lbs.....You finally see what's really going on. You will do one of three things - 1)Leave 2) Stay & Suffer 3) Have a nervous and/or physical breakdown.

I chose number 1! I started when I was 33 and did not want to look up and be in my forties with no life, children, or significant other...I didn't want to bring my mother or father with me to the annual Christmas party because I had no other options.

Bottom line - I personally want a life and someone to love, not just a title and a lot of money that I can't enjoy. I also didn't want to be a sell-out working for a place that lacks such cultural diversity and work/life balance.

Remember this:

There is a way out
    There are other jobs out there
    No money is worth the sacrifice

Ask any former employee & they are happy they left

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to be a little more slick about writing your own good reviews. First off - Don't right ten 5 stars reviews immediately after you get put on blast with a bad one. Second of all - Write at least 3 or 4 star reviews to make it a little more believable

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Glad I took the job. Ecstatic I left.

Associate (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsPros? The people. Not upper management -- but the people in the trenches. They're the people who make it worthwhile to come to work. The people who make it a little less painful to have spent five waking hours with your spouse in the past week. The people you laugh with and learn from -- and when you leave, the people you hope make it out sooner rather than later.

(There's also free, secured parking, so you feel pretty safe going to the car, and it saves you $1200ish a year.)

ConsLike many people, I've worked in food service. Like fewer people, I've also taught in an inner city school. So I thought I had safely put my worst jobs behind me.

How wrong I was!

If you've worked at alliantgroup for less than a year, this will ring false. "Opportunities are everywhere," you'll say. "This is a true meritocracy!" You'll talk about the parties at work, about the open and collaborative atmosphere, about how much everyone wants you to succeed.

I know. I said those things too.

Your first promotion comes within six months (that's the new model; at one time, you'd be there a year before you got promoted, but now they need warm bodies to take on new studies). It feels great. You get a raise, you're being rewarded for your good work, you believe in this firm and this cause.

And then.

You make a misstep. Or you don't. Your team director doesn't like you. Or management doesn't like your team director. You get promoted and then demoted. Or you're given flimsy reasons why you won't be promoted in the first place.

And at some point, you will look at the 50+ studies you manage and wonder how you keep all those balls in the air. You will look at yourself in the mirror and wonder where those gray hairs, wrinkles, and extra pounds came from. You will look at your relationship and wonder how it has even held up under the stress. And you will look at your life and wonder if it was always this miserable.

alliantgroup is a fine first job. It forces you to learn more than you thought was possible. You'll meet wonderful, smart, dedicated people. You'll make a real difference to the clients you serve.

And then you'll see those smart, dedicated people walk out the door in anger and frustration and heartbreak. You'll see those clients go underserved because you don't have the time to dedicate to each one. You'll still learn -- but you'll learn how not to manage subordinates, how not to motivate, how not to run a company that makes people want to be there.

You'll see passionate, smart people thrust into management roles with little experience and no real training, and you'll wonder why they don't know what they're doing. (Later, you'll understand exactly why.) You'll see people demoted publicly for no given reason. (You won't learn why.) You'll see yourself -- ranked with the other associates on an email blasted to the entire department, based on metrics that change by the week and don't correspond to reality. (You won't see senior associates and above, though. Those emails don't get blasted to everyone.)

And eventually you'll leave, and maybe you won't have another job. Maybe you will have another job, and you'll lie about where you're going because you know the retribution will be harsh. Maybe you'll end up in the Big Four. Maybe you'll run into former alliantgroupers in your new life, and you'll feel an immediate kinship because you've survived the same war, if not at the same time.

And then you'll laugh about how ridiculous those years were and remember how happy you are to be gone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere is literally nothing I could say to upper management that would make them understand how much better life is on the outside.

Not a fun place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere are no pros for this job.

ConsLong hours. Low pay. Stressful.

Initially, it seems like a great career opportunity, but you soon realize that everyone at the company is money hungry.

Project Associate (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsIf you get through training, you can get promoted quickly.

ConsWork/life balance. High stress job that requires long hours.

Advice to Senior Managementtransparency.

Worst employer fathomable!! All the offices have this CANCER!! DO NOT WORK HERE!!

Relationship Director (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

ProsThe compensation is very high because they pay for your silence and brainwashing. The company habitually takes months to repay expenses even during the holiday season. When you travel as much as I do I am waiting on thousands of dollars that are just sitting on my credit card. The only way I have survived is by deciding that I wouldn’t have a life.

ConsThis company is breaking countless labor laws in countless states. What they will not tell you in your interview is that you aren’t allowed to take lunch or you’ll be terminated. You are expected to work overtime and thank them for it. Busy season is all year and if you have children you won’t see them. The culture is to mindlessly and enthusiastically repeat that you “love” the company to your coworkers and clients. They have a very high burn out rate and an outrageous amount of turn over. In fact, they unapologetically terminate 1 in every 3 new hires. In the Houston office everyone sleeps with their coworkers, which is a practice that was started by the executive team. All my coworkers are miserable and looking for other jobs. I hear crying in the bathrooms on a daily basis.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to the management is to invest in Dale Carnegie training and to lawyer-up for employment lawsuits. The CEO is an egomaniacal micromanager. He expects his employees to entertain him like dancing monkeys. The best dancers are the directors that come from staffing, retail and rental car services. These employees are as moronic as they come! They have completely let their authority go to their heads and conduct themselves in the most unprofessional way imaginable. They also come to work ill and contagious while bragging about their laudable work ethic. They have raves which are essentially inappropriate pep rallies where employees have to preform skits and be judged by the CEO and executive team. At a 1990’s themed rave an executive and his assistants vulgarly preformed a rap reenactment of the Bill Clinton/ Monica Lewinski semen-stained blue dress. I wouldn’t recommend this company to my worst enemy.

One of the most toxic working environments I have ever experienced

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsA paycheck, health benefits, food brought in.

ConsManagement. A lawyer runs the company. Lawyers are not good management talent. They are good at law - period. A staffing person runs business development. Staffing backgrounds do not make good management talent. They are good at running a staffing organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of your own way. Put your overblown egos aside and bring in competent managerial talent. Period. You can be twice as successful, make more money, and quit abusing other capable people in the process if you brought in people who knew how to change your hopelessly toxic environment. You've heard it before and you'll hear it again many times over.

Why did I accept a job here?

Project Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

Pros$5 for lunch each day, serious overtime possibilites, great starting pay for entry level professionals, met some great people working there

ConsHonestly, almost everything...
    Overtime is definitely required and never optional
    Do not value your personal life whatsoever
    Horrible transparency policy
    Employees are afraid to discuss certain issues with upper management b/c they may be fired the next day
    High high high turnover rate...I have never seen so many people come and go in such a short period of time. My first week there, 7 people quit.
    Mangement does not value employees at all, they just need hands to actually get the job done
    High level stress environment
    The so called managers are rude and undermining. The way they are allowed to speak to one another is unheard of. I couldn't believe how some of the upper management was treating/speaking to project coordinators, client relations associates, etc.
    Favortism is a huge norm here

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to seriously consider the way this company is ran. There is a lot of potential in your employees , but you don't even begin to tap into that. Almost everyone is unhappy and over worked. If you don't figure how to appreciate your employees, and not by just buying them food, you will continue to lose great people.

DO NOT BELIEVE GOOD REVIEWS!!! This is management trying to help ratings!!!!

Project Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThere are some great individuals who work for this firm, it's sad to see them suffer as well.

ConsNot sure there is enough room - first off the "great reviews" are that of the management firm. They are REQUIRED to post raving reviews on this site. They mistreat their employees, treat them like disposable individuals, they have no consideration for their employees. Don't be sucked in by the great pay and opportunity for growth. Chances are you wont last long enough to experience that growth regardless. If you have a family, a spouse, or treasure your time with friends, this is not the job for you. 60-80 hours a week is the norm and travel is a must. THIS WILL BE YOUR LIFE!!!!! The CEO and management are cruel and demeaning, public humiliation is an everyday humiliation. The firm calls this transparency, however they will never accept that they too need improvement.

THIS IS THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER WORKED FOR. I wasn't let go, or fired, this is not because I am mad. I left on m own terms for my own sanity.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease understand that you have many talented individuals working for you, these people are not meant to be used and tossed out when you have drained them of everything they have.

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at alliantgroup, LP reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for alliantgroup, LP CEO Dhaval R. Jadav. All 120 reviews posted anonymously by alliantgroup, LP employees.