alliantgroup, LP

Updated March 1, 2015
Updated March 1, 2015
3.3

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Unprofessional, Unethical Company

Former Employee - Associate Director
    Former Employee - Associate Director

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

There are no 'pros' that could make up for the disgusting alienation and treatment of employees who are not 'drinking the cool aid'. There is free food and drink.

Cons

If you don't mind losing your free will and your right to accept or decline the constant after hours 'brainstorming' sessions that are 3-4 nights a week sometimes until 2am, then this is the place for you. (By brainstorming, I mean talking derogatorily about the employees that are not at the session). By far the worst experience at a workplace I have ever had. Completely unprofessional, unethical and simply, weird. The CEO is a narcissistic man child with clearly no personal life whatsoever, who craves the adoration of young women who have most likely never had or been around money. For someone who has, and who can make their own, it is just not that impressive nor worth the ridiculous sacrifice of a personal life in order to satisfy his constant need to have his harem of women around him. Massive labor law violations and an absolute HR nightmare. Shocked there haven't been hundreds of law suits hurled at this company. I chose to get out and move on with my life, which i imagine the majority do, and not bother suing. The turn over is massive and i have never seen anything like it in my entire career. Working here was one of the biggest mistakes I have ever made, I am glad I made the decision to leave.

Unfortunately management will not listen. They like the way they run it. That is why this will never be a multi-billion dollar company. Shame.

Associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Free food during tax season

Cons

Horrible management.
    LONG LONG hours, anything less than 10 hours is a c.r.i.m.e
    Micromanagement at it's finest. Don't become FB friends with anyone at the company, they stalk you every single minute.
    Upper management goes to the strip clubs wherever they travel.
    Very unorganized.
    work life balance is obsolete.

What goes around, comes around.

Take it with a grain of salt

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They pay very well and you have the "opportunity" to make more money through bonuses. I was at the old office where they were in transition in moving into the new office. During tax season, they provide lunch and dinner as well as other perks (massages, Crave cupcakes, snack times, Tiff's Treats, etc.) It's just like any other accounting firm though. The only pro from my experience there was that I learned what it's like to absolutely hate my job.

Cons

There's really no feeling of job security. This is the only company I have seen that will demote or fire their upper level mangement team members for a small mistake. Communication is essential and it seems that they like to brush things under the rug for their "A-list"-ers but at the same time, will make an example of people who are not a part of this elite group within the company. They lack a training department because there are very few people who have been with the company for more than a couple of years. With such a high-turnover rate combined with the lack of communication, the ability to feel the need to come to work diminishes.

Put an effort in training and nurturing your employees. And keep the good ones without burning them out. You are losing so many good people by not putting in an effort to care about your employees. Take all the glitz and glamour out of the mix (company-wide happy hours, free dinners, snacks, etc.). Just take care of your employees and listen to their concerns. Have a good way for people to voice their concerns, without feeling like they're going to lose their jobs.

Good Learning Experience I Want to Forget

Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Billing Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

I learned a lot working there over 5 years. It is a well run high performance workplace. The Controller and CFO are both very intelligent. I consider it a badge of honor that I survived and left on my own. Most people are fired or have a nervous breakdown.

Cons

I finally left because of the stress and long hours. I would not go back even if offered a better position or more pay. I get off work at 4:30 everyday at my new job and have way less workload. At alliantgroup management is very mentally and verbally abusive.

I am sure they lose potential customers and prospective employees because of these negative reviews. I read the new reviews every few months and nothing changes.

such a great place to work.... #NOT #saidnooneever

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

I would say free food - but it was always cold & not that good.

Cons

Where to begin?! I was part of the "Follow Up" team - let's be real clear - yea, all that means is "Cold Callers". Training - non existent. When you arent so far up managment's BUTT (because you cannot cuss on here) - then you are considered, "not a team player". OH and if you do not stay until at least 6:30 PM - that is frowned upon --- so is leaving for lunch. Please prepare yourself to have no life. Actually, you can have a life but it can only be with other ag employees. That and when you are not "like" your boss personality wise - then you must be an idiot or avoiding him/her....really?! What boss says - I think XX employee is avoiding me or doesnt like me?! to another employee/peer?! That is completely unprofessional - should said boss really think that, is it not your job to talk to that employee? Let's get real people. They say they are allllll about "Transparency..." NO what they really mean to say is belittle you, put you down in order to make themselves either look better and/or feel better about themselves, talk poop behind your back....
    OH and while I was there, which was not very long, because this place is the worst poop show of a company out there....11 people quit and/or were fired. Two weeks after I quit 3 more people....with that being said 14 people quit or got fired on the BD side only in just a little under a half of year...WOW!!! The stories about how these people were fired were classic...one girl was fired on PTO for being truthful in an email about her boss not having provided info to a prospect - but that was her fault - NOT. One girl this was her first job out of college & who knows why she was fired after only 3 weeks. Annnnd the list goes on and on!

Learn to appreciate your employees. Happy employees make the best employees. NOT one person there is truly happy. They just like the money and will learn soon enough they can get paid better elsewhere.

There are great opportunities out there... This just isn't one of them!!

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free soda machines, free food, they pay for your insurance after you've been there a certain amount of time. That's about it.

Cons

Everything else. Management doesn't see the people who are actually working the long hours and promote or recognize them. They pick people they like the best and those are the people who get the credit. Those are often the folks who sneak out early and put their job responsibilities on the rest of the team. If that's who you are or strive to be then this is a great opportunity for you!

The hours are long but in some departments it's just for show. You will get called for meetings well into the night (literally- sometimes starting as late as 10pm after you've already worked a 12 hour day and there is no overtime!) and will definitely get hundreds of emails all night long. If you don't respond quickly enough (read: immediately) you will likely get called out as "not being a team player".

There is zero accountability from your management. The positive reviews tell you that there's so much transparency and you can just take complaints up the chain but the truth is that if you do take a complaint up, you will likely be fired. Management doesn't take too kindly to subordinates having any criticism of them. If you don't get fired, you will wish you did because there will likely be a team meeting that comes up and you will get berated in front of your entire department or in front of people you don't even work with. Public shaming is a big part of this company's "culture".

Speaking of culture... You are expected to attend after-hours events regularly and there is no personal reason that's good enough to miss. Speaking of personal life... Don't expect to keep yours! If you're fresh out of college (as most of these employees are) and aren't married or seriously dating anyone, this might be just fine but if you are married or have a family, you will quickly grow tired of the "raves" and happy hours.

It wouldn't be so bad if your management respected you and understood that not participating in one event doesn't mean you aren't on board or a team player but they don't.

You are also likely to discover that someone who has just graduated college and comes to the team with zero experience or professionalism will be making double what you are getting paid. How will you find this out? These kids will talk about their salaries and how they can't believe how much they make for the little they do! It's an absolute joke. Seriously. Ridiculous.

Management has their heads so far up their own butts that any suggestions are guaranteed to fall on deaf ears. There's no point in trying to make suggestions. These reviews- the ones that are are attempting to tell the truth about this place- are only really going to benefit (HOPEFULLY) those considering jobs at this place. Don't let the shiny new building and glossy descriptions when you interview fool you.

RUN AWAY, RUN FAR FAR AWAY

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

free catered food. that's about it.

Cons

everything. yes, the five star reviews you'll see are written internally to mask all the true reviews.

lose some weight.

Terrible!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, free lunch, free parking

Cons

Management is terrible!! They treat you like dogs!!

Treat people how you want to be treated!

Associate Director

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Honestly, there is nothing positive about this company. I worked at alliantgroup for a year and could not wait to leave. They paid me a decent salary but it wasn't enough to cover the discriminatory, condescending and unprofessional environment. Through the hiring process everything is made to seem very positive and exciting but once you are in say goodbye to your life and happiness. I was a top performer and did very well but never once was I recognized or rewarded for my efforts.

Cons

Everything. This place is horrible. You are looked down on if you leave for lunch or if you leave before 7pm. Nothing is ever good enough and the CEO is very unprofessional and offensive. Management is two faced and will go out of their way to throw you under the bus. Do not trust ANYONE.

Good luck finding employees who want to commit their lives to alliantgroup.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

The company brings in catered lunch every day, there are coke freestyle machines on two floors, parking is free and secured, and they do pay 100% of your health insurance premiums. There are quick promotions due to sheer attrition. There are two former IRS commissioners and a litany of politicians on staff to garner an imprimatur of respectability. You will get to meet some of them. Oh, joy!

Cons

If you ask anyone in the industry about alliantgroup’s reputation, you’ll hear one word repeatedly. Sweatshop. It is not at all unusual to have over forty active clients at once. You will receive meeting requests for nine, ten, even eleven at night. The firm puts on events that last until three or four in the morning. I could go on.

The turnover rate is unbelievable. Across the board, less than 10% of employees remain here beyond two years. Yes, it’s that bad. The working relationships you build with your colleagues and support staff will have to be rebuilt over and over again. You will work with clients that have been through three, four, and even five project managers.

Perhaps the worst part is the frat-house atmosphere and toxic culture. alliantgroup bills itself as a meritocracy and as being all about high-performance. What a farce. You will be publicly ranked on emails blasted out to the entire company. If you do your job in an ethical fashion, you will have little to no control over the lion’s share of metrics you are measured by. During training as a new hire, there are tests on the material covered. The results, pass or fail, are posted for all to see. Bonuses are directly tied to billing and management places no checks or controls on the process. This has led to a culture of grossly unethical billing practices. Better learn how to bill 100+ hours per week if you want to win one of those billing contests!

I should probably address the 800-pound Gorilla in the room. The saccharin-sweet five-star reviews are laughable. They are either written by marketing, employees compelled to post by management, or a total sociopath (granted, there are plenty of those). Given how much creative writing alliantgroup has generated and posted under the guise of legitimate employee reviews, I thought I’d contribute some of my own. Enjoy.

For years I worked at alliant;
    Under pressure to fleece all my clients;
    Just ignore all the facts, you’ll;
    Make those fat stacks; but
    Friggin’ pray the IRS is compliant.

All levity aside, management is clueless.

alliantgroup, LP Photos