alliantgroup, LP

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.2

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

I Joined a Cult.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Alliantgroup is in desperate need of employees to make up for the high turnover, so it's very easy to get a job offer.

Cons

It became weird after about three months of working here. I started after graduating law school as an alternative to the traditional law firm. I knew their corporate culture was fast paced, so I was drawn to the “high energy” aspect of it. The company posts their Cultural Tenants around the office, and we are encouraged to display them in our practice. The Cultural Tenants are the following: high performance, proactive, high energy, raving fans, transparency, etc.

We were made to recite the Cultural Tenants of the company. We sat around a boardroom while the CEO grilled us on examples of how we display the Cultural Tenants, and what it means to us. During company events, we are asked by a director what the tenants are supposed to get really excited.

My team leader pulled me into an office and warned me not to associate with certain people. He didn’t want me associating with the “low performers” and become in disfavor with the directors. The directors play favorites, and I needed to be one of them. The only problem was I noticed the favorites all had the same characteristics: they are unethical, lacked real world experience, and do anything to please the directors. The favoritism is getting old because the ‘leaders’ are children.

We are told how to act when visitors come in the office to look productive and happy. We were told what to say at company events and where to stand at parties so we looked engaging. If I leave for lunch, I am asked where I was. If I don’t attend just one company event, I am questioned about my commitment. Someone is always watching and listening. It’s a disappointment, and the smart lawyers leave.

Value the talented people rather than those who will say anything to please you.

Deceptive

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The interview process! They are desperate for employees, so this is when they put on a show. This is the only time you will have a positive outlook on the company. Wait until you begin working...

Cons

Instability/Turnover Rate:

The company has a 55-60% turnover rate – the strong talent leaves, and the low performers stay. One case will have multiple project managers who are no longer with the company, so clients have no idea who they are talking to or working with. Most people have been there less than one year, and everyone is looking for a new job.

“High Performance” with Low Reward:

You are publically ranked based on performance, constantly forced to do other’s work that you didn’t sign up for, and pushed to bill clients to the cap. There are promises of bonuses, but the directors find an excuse not to pay-out. If there is ever a pay-out, it goes to management. The “incentives” are simply empty promises.

Micromanagement

Get ready to have 5 different bosses (all juvenile and inexperienced) demanding information from you. You are always watched. You will be told what to say, how to say it, who to talk to you, and where to be. You are expected to be at every little event, even if it's after-hours. If you leave during lunch, you'll receive emails asking where you are. If you miss a work event, you will need a serious excuse. Forget freedom.

Be truthful during the interview process. The reality of the work environment is an exact opposite of what you advertise.

False and Misleading

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The marketing department does a great job at writing multiple 5-star reviews of the company and pretending to be employees who have been here long-term.

Cons

An overwhelming majority of the company (500 employees in Houston) have been here less than one year. The 60% turnover rate does not bother management because It is true churn and burn business model. It is easy to fill the shoes of those who left - THAT'S why no experience is required on the job postings!

The culture of the company is "high performance," but that really translates to TOXIC and ABUSIVE. You are publicly humiliated and ridiculed if your ranking falls low. You will be gossiped about. You will receive demanding emails at all hours of the night. You will be told to distance yourself from certain people. Morale is low because the good friends you make will leave within months. Turnover is so common that everyone discusses their job search. Only those with no experience stay, because they cannot get a job elsewhere. If you are smart and talented, you will be gone in the first year.

Learn to value your employees. They are all leaving.

Negative Work Environment

Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about having worked here was getting a title of "Director" for an administrative position

Cons

Cons: Negative work culture. Unprofessional management where they create an environment of cool kids and non-cool kids.

Get additional management training. Stop fostering the frat pack mentality.

Nightmare on Post Oak Street

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The new employees: like lambs to the slaughter every other Tuesday. It's so refreshing to see innocence and hope before the good ones go.

Cons

Everything; mainly because it's corrupt at upper management and it trickles down. Stress. Hours for nothing. Unethical business practices. Frat-House atmosphere.

Management does not respond to advice, last time I checked. They would rather go on the offensive and post fake reviews on this site.

99.5% of the "good" reviews are fake. Turn back now and don't look back!

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

No pros out weigh the cons. This company is the stereotypical corporate hell job. The hierarchy, entitlement, and treatment is absolutely disgusting.
    However, I did meet some amazing, bright people. Some people become the product of their environment and can get caught up in the work "culture." Others preserver and stick it out until they find a new job or reach their breaking point. I do not know if the founders understand how bad it is or if they choose not to know. They are brilliant men, but management is terrible. Another pro other than the friendships you may build is the pay. If you're fresh out of school, finding a job is like searching for Big Foot. Because of the growth and turnover rate, this company is always hiring. They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans. Additionally, their new building is a beautiful, new facility. That's about all I could think of.

Cons

First of all, management knows of the several bad and honest reviews that are out there. Instead of reflecting and improving, they ask their employees to post good reviews. That shows A LOT about a company; they will not accept their flaws and consider improvement. If you discuss with a director about the endless hours, unethical billing approach, or anything that should be a concern, they think you're not with the "culture." I suppose once you drink the kook aide, you're unable to handle constructive criticism. If anything happens, an employee who's been there longer gossips about you or if you make one mistake, they will never take you seriously. They are not realistic managers and will not care about you whatsoever. They are good at faking it in the beginning, but if you're not a suck up who works 80 hours a week, they won't care about you. The way some managers talk to employees is UNBELIEVABLE. Additionally, they expect you to handle emails after hours, regardless of what time it is. And instead of having one or two bosses, it's as if you have 10. No matter what deadlines you have, you must drop everything and assist a manager you don't even work with because he is important and you must serve. If you're a Project Coordinator, be ready to be treated like an incompetent idiot. The position was previously listed as administrative assistant, but it was changed I'm assuming for more people to apply. However, the position is completely administrative assistant. They are not flexible with your personal life, and the "training" is purely shadowing other than informational sessions on the tax incentive process. I had NO HR on boarding. I didn't even know that was a thing companies do until I started my new job. This isn't exactly HR's fault or project managers'. The upper management and directors lead the way. If you can handle working in an office that feels like a high school, be treated like scum, and work overtime every week, then you could survive here over a year.

They know exactly what to change but don't care to do so or even think about it. They somehow tell themselves that the hundreds of people who quit and complain are just against them. My advice, look into a mirror I suppose.

Why on earth did I ever sign up for this abuse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Covered parking when it's raining. And the privilege to waste the day away responding to congratulatory emails. Cattle call lunches by floor. Leaving each day realizing just how stupid people really are.

Cons

Millennial cult working conditions at its finest. Run by maniacal self-serving, gluttonous buffoon's favoring impressionable and inexperienced youth that most likely came from broken homes fostering low self-esteems. Fear and verbal abuse will be instilled into your daily regimen. Don't dare speak up, I watched them haul people out like criminals just for having a (valid) opinion. If you want to be abused ...you've found just the right place. If you are educated with any self respect ...then spare your dignity and keep away! This place could easily be the next ENRON disaster.

They won't listen! It would be easier to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Great view, terrible management

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Free lunch and beverages, sometimes alcohol. A lot of eye candy

Cons

No work/life balance. The company makes entirely too much to be paying their employees so low and not rewarding them. Salaries are non negotiable.

The tax season hours are ridiculous and they try to compensate your time by feeding you and serving beer. I'd much rather be at home than getting fat and drunk at work. This is probably why half of the company is obese and lacking a social life.

You all suck.

No life, no family, no friends? Then this job is perfect for you.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The receptionist at the Irvine office.

Cons

If you work here, you've essentially given up your social life, family life, love life and have accepted to being obese. No work/life balance. CEO is a manipulative & arrogant bully. College fraternity at its finest. You will be trained and pushed to your limit and will be given the "sink or swim" spiel. Those who left are all happier, those who stay are all too scared to leave because of the VERY generous pay they give you to keep you in this prison. No amount of food, alcohol or money will ever be enough or worth the misery.

CEO needs to step down. People are leaving because of you and your mini-me. Take accountability that it might not be them, but you.

Best choice I EVER made... I left

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I gained a friend or two from here.

Cons

Oh lord where do I start. I was there for a long time and not once was I “happy”.

I didn’t get my first raise until I was a year and a half in. They didn’t even notice, I setup the meeting and got one. Leaving at 6:30 pm (when your hours are done) is not a option. They get mad at you for not leaving past 7:00pm. During tax season and not during. I’m sorry but that’s freaking ridiculous! Not everyone there hates going home to their husband, wife or family. I guess some of the upper management does. They also LOVE to hire people fresh out of college because they don’t know any better. The ONLY and I mean ONLY reason there are a couple of 5 star reviews is because upper management make their employees write them when they get a raise or promoted. Now that’s just sad.

Free soda and lunch…. SOO COOL. I rather go home on my lunch break than eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with you people. They only reason they bring in free lunch is so you can’t leave the freaking office. Don’t you get it… they want you to live there! This place is falling apart fast and I will not say I’m sorry about that.

If you are still there just “dealing” with it and saying to yourself it’s a job no one said it was easy. Please read all the negative reviews and take them seriously. It’s only going to get worse for you. If you are dreaming about having a family soon then you better wake up… because at alliantgroup it will not happen.

Not worth it. Nothing will make this company better.

alliantgroup, LP Photos