alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, great coworkers to work with (in 14 reviews)

• It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has no work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season (in 26 reviews)

Honest Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup has been an absolute blessing for me (and many others). For those of you that have not experienced what it is to be an alliantgroup employee, let me explain. First and foremost, this is a company that invests and takes great care of its employees. Contrary to what some of the haters (i.e., former disgruntled employees) are writing in the negative reviews, alliantgroup's management deeply cares about each and every employees success. I can only speak from my own experience. I have been with alliantgoup about 2 years and I can say that I have NEVER worked with a better educated, more passionate and talented group of professionals. That, and we get to work with American businesses in identifying valuable tax credits and other incentives that ultimately create more jobs and are a catalyst for economic growth. Pros: -Excellent Career Development Opportunities -Highly structured and through training program -Consistent and honest feedback -Exciting and Interesting Work -Great Benefits -Daily lunch is nice and definitely appreciated, but honestly, if you are making career decisions based on lunch, you are probably not a good fit here.

Cons

It is frustrating to me that there are former employees making silly comments like "long hours." Of course the hours are long. We are tax consultants, attorneys, and engineers. If you want a job where you can check in and check out, then look elsewhere. If you want a place where you will be given the tools and training to succeed AND you have the DESIRE to take ACTION to achieve your potential, then please apply.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in us. We appreciate the company you have built, and the opportunities you have created for us.

Project associate

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good dental insurance. Nice new building in a good location. Free meals.

Cons

You're going to be overworked at this place, and that is by design. Their strategy is to get people fresh out of college that are desperate for a job, and employing the "churn and burn". The numbers speak for themselves, the amount of people that get fired or quit is astounding, barely anyone lasts over a year at this place. This inspires a culture of fear, which management fully embraces to make you work hard. One of their cultural tenants is "transparency" which is a euphemism for "we can berate you publicly and get away with it." Almost no one is happy at the company, and management doesn't care as long as they are lining their pockets. Expect mass emails every single day, telling the whole company how great x individual is, and you are expected to reply all and agree. If you don't do this, you don't "fit the culture" and expect to get talked to about it by management. Overall it is reminiscent of a cult-like environment with mediocre pay for the hours you are expected to work. I could go on even further, but if you are still considering taking a position here, I would strongly advise against it if you value your mental health.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews and try to address the issues that are causing the massive turnover. To spot a fake review, look for the space between the punctuation and the end of the sentence, it's a dead giveaway !!

Senior Associate

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros are all the same as other reviews. Building is nice, lunches and pay is decent.

Cons

This company is all materialistic. They make you think that you matter, in reality you don't, you are as disposable as the money they spend. Management wants you to push people that is not in your department and you have no authority over so that you can achieve your goals. When you are unable to achieve your goals because other departments can not finish their tasks, you are reprimanded for things that you have no control over. I have seen successful individuals fired because of this. Your past successes means nothing if you slip up once. They do not care if you pushed your department far beyond from where its been and achieve insane goals, they will reprimand you if you slip up once. Also, departments do not work together. Do not expect to get information from operations and accounting very easily. Everything is tight lip. A company that withholds financial and operational information is hiding something. Last if you have a family, this will not work out for you, unless you do not like seeing your spouse and children. Work life balance is aweful. They say they have one but they demand you to work all the time, even on your vacation. If you don't then kiss this job goodbye. If you need information to perform your job efficiently, managers often times will withhold it as a game. Then they will reprimand you if you do not get your task finish quickly in front of your peers. Some managers think its fun playing a game with their employees when it effects their performance and livelihood. This will happen within interdepartments. Its a sick game. Last the systems. They operate on small business systems. This company by no means is small. This inhibits productivity and brings in alot of double and triple checking within departments. Each department does not trust each other because the lack of technology. This company paid out alot of money for a nice building at a premium location, furniture, lunches, state of the art conference rooms that alot of fortune companies do not have but they cannot invest into their computer systems. This companies priorities are backwards.

Advice to Management

Work life balance will show INVESTMENT into your employees. Investment into technology into systems will alleviate alot of issues. Managers lower than CEO and COO need to mange people to become managers instead of promoting and demoting people. The culture is not what Directirs and above think it is.

Nightmare

Pros

Good Salary and you don't spend any money because you are working all of time

Cons

The long hours are terrible and unnecessary, they honestly do not want you to have a life outside of work. The catered in lunch and dinners are just a way to keep you in the office and work while eating. Everyone is crying all of the time and there is constant gossip throughout the office. Trust no one. The turnover is frightening.

Project Associate

Pros

Great Company! Lots of benefits! Amazing people!

Cons

Zero cons. Love this place. Money could be better.

No Work-Life Balance

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will compensate you handsomely! Catered lunch every single day. State of the art facility and free covered parking.

Cons

Your compensation will come at the sacrifice of your home life and family. They expect you there from sun up to 8 or 9 pm on a regular day. During high season you might not leave until 10 or midnight. If you are lucky enough to go home you only open your laptop back up to complete your work once you're there. The catered lunch is a ploy so that you do not actually take time for yourself and leave the building for lunch. The facility is state of the art, however, it will feel like an asylum that you cannot escape after a while. Plus they forgot to buy enough chairs for all of their employees so do not be surprised if you find yourself sitting on a desk or the floor.

Advice to Management

Learn to accept that every one does not want to drink the Kool-aid!

Self-fulfilling prophecy

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than 5 years)

Pros

First off, I 100% love what we do for American businesses! We are able to give owners the ability to reinvest in their businesses and do it in a way where we are non-intrusive to their everyday operations. Owners and our CPA partners tell us all the time how we have streamlined our study process. Testimonials and raving fans are true testaments to this! The absolute best part about working at alliantgroup is the genuine family feel. We have so many laughs and tough discussions and sometimes even tears. These discussions are how we grow and challenge each other to ultimately become better. There's simply no other company that will push you to grow not just professionally, but mentally and emotionally as well. This company and the management team have changed my life. I've seen reviews on the lack of balance. I've been with the firm going on 5 years. I started alliantgroup married with young kids and almost 5 years later, my kids still call me the best mom ever, I'm a dedicated wife and my career with alliantgroup is thriving. Of course it was hard in the beginning, but isn't everything worth fighting for? You have to prove your performance and dedicate the time to understanding the work we conduct for our clients. Give alliantgroup your hard work and dedication and they'll give you so much more in return.

Cons

Like I mentioned, this is not an easy gig. You've got to put in time but not a true con.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the employees that deserve your time!

The Sky is the Limit!

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

Pros

I thought people were kidding about the sky being the limit, but the management here spends a TON of time helping employees grow and build their career. There are endless promotion opportunities and the company is growing and growing!

Cons

This is not the place for those looking for a 9 to 5 job, but if you are seeking a place that you can build a career and work alongside people who will invest 110% into you - this is it!!

MISERY LOVES COMPANY.... Glad that's not the company I Keep

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love working here because the environment promotes entrepreneurship and individual accountability. If you are a bottom of the ladder type of person who goes through life waiting and hoping, finding excuses and blaming others for your personal failures, keep looking for a job. If you are a person who owns it, acknowledges reality and finds solutions, you will THRIVE!!!! I thrive! I read every review before coming to work here and I'm glad I have a brain of my own to use. Best decision I have ever made.

Cons

Most people with these unfounded reviews probably wrote the same crap on their last company and will write it on their next company. If you are a person who makes life decisions based on anonymous information on the Internet, get use to a life of letting other people lead you by the nose. I have never worked a an 8 hour day in my life and that's why I am where I am in life! Who takes a job and does the bare minimum to get by?!?! There are no cons to working here other than the disservice being done to the faint at heart who are missing out on the opportunity of a lifetime because the believe the negative, made-up crap on Glassdoor!!!

Advice to Management

You have created a phenomenal company and I am so glad you have given me the opportunity to be a part of it!

Plan on working lots of hours

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Become incredibly involved with the company very quickly Learn lots every day GREAT health insurance, for free, but only if you can work there long enough to benefit Make a lot of money really quickly, and you'll be working such long hours you'll never have any time to spend any of it!

Cons

Incredibly long hours Inefficient use of time and power of directors Required to participate in team building activities that are actually demoralizing to everyone not in management If you make a mistake, it won't fly under the radar, it will be paraded in front of your team (supposedly so no one else makes the same mistake, but really it just makes you sheepish and compliant for a while)

Advice to Management

Start treating the employees like humans- be a little understanding when they need to leave early or if they have a sick child. Start appreciating when an employee makes efficient use of their time and doesn't need to stay late to make a dent in the teams workload Hire more competent leadership!

RSS Feed </> Embed