alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free food, great coworkers to work with (in 14 reviews)

• It is also great to experience a non-traditional corporate environment where hard work but not stuffiness are encouraged (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • This company has no work/life balance (in 14 reviews)

• Working late is a must, even when it's not tax season (in 26 reviews)

1. Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment where your opinion matters. Fast paced, goal oriented team players. Always helpful if you have questions. Approachable management that truly cares about company and employees

Cons

Negative reviews scare people from joining a great organization.

2. It's interesting that you haven't received a raise

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

because i have received three raises in the past year. this is 100% a meritocracy. if you didn't receive a raise in over a year it's because you aren't performing.

Cons

none. everything that has been promised to me has been delivered. results are published. there is no favoritism.

Advice to Management

the rave was awesome ! I can't wait for the next one ! party on !

Where to begin

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can wear comfy clothes and they cater lunch every day - but that's because they don't want you to leave. You will maybe meet some really nice coworkers. You will learn a lot.

Cons

Alright..... well........ this place is disorganized from the top and it trickles down. I worked there for 2 years and was never offered a raise. Didn't know it was standard for people to get one after a year, and by the time I did, I was looking for new jobs anyway and didn't want the hassle. They do not want you to have a life outside of work. They want you to drink the kool-aid with a forced smile. They want you to work 10-12 hours every day, and they don't care if it is a detriment to your health, family, or life in general. People will ask everything of you and will not give you the tools to get it done timely or perfectly. There is a disgusting amount of favoritism and a high school/frat atmosphere at times. The way people talk is abhorrent. It's like you can't go 2 sentences without dropping a much unneeded F bomb somewhere. The priorities are out of line. There is no punishment for reviews coming in late, so the Quality Control department suffers tremendously when Implementation is out of sync, which in my 2 year run was almost always. Alcohol is encouraged and force fed it seems to try and enchant employees into thinking the work culture and environment is a fun place. People will talk down to you and step all over you to make sure they get what they want. There were far too many days in which I went to the bathroom to cry just because of the people, the stress, and the unrealistic work expected. Didn't think that would ever happen. Didn't think I'd ever contemplate suicide either but, when you don't see another way out and your life is spiraling downward, I guess that happens too. Bottom line: Do not apply here. Do not interview here. Do not work here.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of the clouds - learn about your company instead of the generic management. Your employees are unhappy. Mentally, physically, emotionally unhappy. Understand that work is PART of life, and should not BE YOUR LIFE. You have turned this company into a disorganized cult.

Sue-happy lying degenerates

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the mind games they play EVERYTHING is a pro. This is what they will convince you of. Plus they have free sodas.

Cons

Turns out that everything you thought was great when you first started was a bunch of lies.

Senior management must not have any real friends, because if you show a glimmer of independence or love for anybody outside the office (and really, THEM), you'll be ostracized. You'll prefer it this way because you won't gain nearly as much weight or be forced to listen to the mindless chatter in the late night meetings (usually about movies or racist gossip), but it also means your days there are limited, and will be quite painful.

Once somebody is on the outside they will actually force those still in the loop to stop talking to you or suffer the same consequences.

The quality or volume of your work will have no impact on your status... Just the tightness of your skirt (for the ladies) or how good and believable your sucking up skills are.

For those of us who worked hard and put money in the table it was an infuriating environment. Don't believe the fake reviews about "meritocracy" or any other such nonsense. This is how they paint reality to fit their image.

You want the real story about this place just Google it. Hundreds of lawsuits against employees and clients - all public record. They have their spin, but there is nothing they can say to cover the fact that they are a bunch of sue-happy degenerates.

Advice to Management

Your emptiness cannot be filled by forcing people to be your friends. But good luck with all of that. The only thing you could do to make this a better place is leave. Bad people don't change who they are when the payout is so good.

Good money, poor management

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to make pretty good money IF you negotiate a good starting salary, get promoted in a reasonable time for an excellent 10%+ raise, and hit your bonuses (there may be a lot of sucking up to obtain). There are a lot of good intelligent people working there (for the short time they are there). The culture is laid back and a good place for young people to start their careers (but not much opportunity for long term growth). The type of work is interesting and fulfilling. There are opportunities to make a significant difference in the business of clients.

Cons

Many factors associated with raises and bonuses are subjective wrapped in "objective" criteria and often times the factors impacting this criteria is out of your control. This causes employees to "project manage" strategically to get money rather than deliver good work product or customer service. The good employees leave quickly because they don't drink kool-aid doled out by management and the senior associates they have do their bidding. Those that do drink the kool-aid, spend a lot of time sniffing behind management to remain relevant while a lot of valuable hardworking employees are overlooked. With the amount of young people trying to get ahead, it starts to feel like a high school campus full of gossip and undercutting. The turnover rate is high because the seasoned professionals do not stay longer than it takes to secure another position. There are plenty of happy hours, parties, and out of work events that are disguised as voluntary employee appreciation events but employees are almost forced to participate to stay in management's good graces.

Advice to Management

Create operations that mirror the business model that is set forth. Management preaches autonomy but the everyday operations are more stringent than not. Management preaches flexibility, but makes employees jump through hoops to take advantage of it. Management tells employees to bubble up problems, but when this happens it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get action and then the employee is blamed for things falling through the cracks. Giving the proven employees a little more leeway would alleviate this rather than treating them like the children that work there. Management preaches a "work life integration" (which is different than a balance). Recognize that everyone does not want to spend all their time at work. The hours spent at the office are long enough that some people rather go home and spend time with family than participate in additional activities. It is not a slight on the company, it is an attempt at work life BALANCE aka time away from the office to counter the loooooooong hours spent at the office.

Terrible Experience

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They cater lunch. In my opinion they only do this to keep people from leaving for lunch though, so I'm not sure it's a "pro" really. The new building is awesome, it's very clean and new-age. They also pay 100% of the employee's health care benefits, however, they make you wait 90 days before you can sign up. So look forward to using the health care exchange in the mean time...or paying a fine on next years taxes.

Cons

Long hours. Zero work-life balance. People talked about staying until 10 p.m. even outside of tax season, this was a regular thing. I was asked if I was available to attend a Saturday meeting my first week at the company because people just couldn't make time for a 20 minute meeting during the 10-12 hour work days. There is also a lack of management or any real guidance here. The company is growing so rapidly that people with 2 months more experience than you tend to act like managers dictate what you work on. My biggest disappointment was the lack of career opportunities at alliantgroup. The "promotions" didn't really bring a new level of responsibility, and the career ceiling was incredibly low. They also did a terrible job of explaining the work in the interviews. They say you "can't understand what they do until you work there." If they can't explain the job function, maybe that is indicative of the fact that the job has very little function in the first place. I spent 10 hours per day editing reports, writing reports, and sifting through tax returns to copy and paste numbers into an excel spreadsheet. That was certainly not what I was told I would be doing, or I can guarantee I would never have taken this job.

Advice to Management

Be far more transparent to people about what they will actually be doing at your company. Also, fix the benefits package. No 401k, having to wait 90 days for health care coverage when you know this will result in a fine for people, and making people accumulate paid time off 1.25 days per month...these are antiquated philosophies and are not competitive.

Awesome place to build a career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Excellent training and professional development. Results-driven environment where those who perform are rewarded with promotions and bonuses. This is a very demanding place to work, and it is not for everyone. If you want a job that is from 9-5 where you can check-in and check-out and no one is going to push you to achieve your potential, then you may not succeed here; however... If you come in, get connected, work hard, and drive results, then you absolutely can build a meaningful career here.

Cons

Long hours during tax season. Heavy workload, which is due to exponential growth.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in more talented professionals and investing in us.

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply put, this is a tremendous opportunity I've been given. Coming from a large corporation with typical archaic culture, I'm finally at a place that lets me by myself and challenges me to achieve versus sit and collect a pay check that was the norm at my past job.

Cons

Is definitely a different culture from what I came from..but its so much more rewarding and refreshing. There is a lot to learn, but that's what I expected with this change..not for the lazy.

Advice to Management

don't listen to the naysayers..often times people want a banal existence and want to impute that on those around them.

Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment where you do good work for businesses while working with some of the best and brightest people that you will find anywhere.

Cons

It's a rapidly growing firm and it's a challenge to find enough of the right people to take on the surge of new clients and maintain repeat client relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep standards high, do not compromise on making the right hiring decisions. We need more people, but not average - they must be great.

interesting

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

it was an interesting experience. i got some consulting experience out of it. the only problems with this was that there were long hours and since it is a fairly new company, the salary didn't much up very well with the hours. other than that it was a good starting job.

Cons

long hours. not enough pay for the amount of hours put it. the credit for the lunches was not that great since they barely gave any credit.

Advice to Management

management needs to start getting with advanced technology and fix the issue with the long hours and stop paying so little.

RSS Feed </> Embed