alliantgroup, LP

Updated September 8, 2014
Updated September 8, 2014
2.8

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • Free Food for your stomach while feeding your Ego (temporarily) (in 13 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 13 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 20 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place for young single professional guys

Current Employee - Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Unlimited opportunities to advance for those who are willing to work hard and appreciate the firm's culture. Once you have proven your value to management, they compensate you well and truly take an interest in you as a person.

Cons

The culture of the firm centers around working late hours. Those who prefer to work early in the morning, but leave early (6:30 or 7:00pm), are seen as unfit for management-level responsibilities.

If you want employees to be in the office from 8:30am to 8:30pm, then you should set the example by doing the same, not by showing up at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Working at Alliant Group was awful.

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

they provided lunch to the staff everyday

Cons

Management was awful and I quit without another job to go to. To the best of my knowledge so did basically everyone else that started at the same time I did which was approximately 10 people.

Grow up and get a life and quit playing silly games with the company and the employees. Worst working experience of my life.

Consider this position carefully

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Moderate Compensation and intelligent co-workers

Cons

Long hours compared to compensation; excessive lack of respect for employees

Respect your employees and compensate them adequately for their time, this will reduce turn-around

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

unpleasant work environment.

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

company provides an interesting service and the work offers the opportunity to learn about many different industries

Cons

its a borderline sweatshop. you will be judged if you leave before 7pm. non-management employees are generally nice people, but pretty dorky. management is comprised of some very bright people, but they are highly disrespectful. you will likely be sworn at.... the expected workload is ridiculous in relation to compensation. you will be expected to hang around for late hours just to be seen, even if you dont have actual work to complete. 55 hours a week is a starting point for M-F (non tax season) but it will be noticed if you dont pop in on weekends. during the two tax seasons, look to be in office 8:30-9pm M-F and full days on weekends. this will not be laid out for you during your interview.

Pleasantly Surprised...I wasn't sure what to expect when I read the reviews before I started working here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

You can move up very fast in the organization if you are willing to do the work. I have a A/E background and it took 5 years or someone retiring to be promoted. They also pay 100% of the employees health insurance..which is totally unheard of.

Cons

Long hours. Standard hours are 8:30am-7:00pm. During tax season they are much longer.

There have been a lot of good changes taken place in the last few months..would like to see more formal trainings.

For top producers this is the best place to work!

Current Employee - National Managing Director  in  Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - National Managing Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

You are paid based on performance not on tenure. They look for people to move up the corporate ladder. The training is excellent.

Cons

If you are not a top performer you will not like working here. People who only want to work 8-5 will not excel.

Continue to provide referral bonuses to employees as quality attracts quality

My experience has been fantastic and very challenging

Current Employee - Current Employee
    Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

if you like to work hard and play hard there is no better place to work - i have worked at law firms and accounting firms throughout my career and this has been the most intellectually challenging place i have worked at - leadership is forward thinking and my colleagues are very bright and don't take themselves too seriously

Cons

Long hours are required in order to advance and its hard to "hide" at this job; there is too much work to do here - hire more people !!!

I very much appreciate the merit system of promotions, raises and bonuses - there are folks here under a year that have been promoted up and above old-timers - please keep this up - it is very motivating !!

A certain type of person is best for this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

I worked for alliantgroup for 3 years before I was "let go." During my time there, I discovered both good and bad things. My coworkers were generally smart, hardworking people. I enjoyed learning about different industries and getting to visit clients. However, that's where it ends.

Cons

Management is inconsistent with hiring, firing, and general work policies. Job advancement is difficult if you're not constantly kissing up to management and working 70+ hours a week. No, that is not an exaggeration. I received emails at all hours of the day, on weekends, and on holidays. Even if you were on vacation, you were expected to be on call at all times. Some people are ok with that, I am not. I found the overall work environment to be stifling and stressful. Consider the position carefully, and decide if you really want to work for this company.

Please be consistent with your work policies. Also, please institute more employee reviews, so that employees know where they need to improve. In addition, hire more people to reduce the workload.

Long hours, little pay

Current Employee - Project Associate  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Coming out of college, they are willing to hire just about anybody. So if you really really need a job, I suppose that's a good thing, although if you do the math you might be better off working at costco haha (see cons section). They give you free drinks, bring in free food somewhat frequently. Very relaxed atmosphere and dress, essentially it's a bunch of college graduates who can't find work anywhere else.

Cons

They pay horribly for the amount of hours they expect you to put in. They want 10 hour days minimum, with 12 hour days during tax season (of which there are two) and they make you salaried so you won't be getting paid for all that excess work. Initially they offered me 35k, but I negotiated for a little bit more. I have a technical background, and when they interviewed me they made it seem like I would be able to use some of that in the job, which is misleading. All you will do is learn tax code, then apply the tax code to companies (which may do engineering) to see if they get discounts. I did not go to college and study science and physics to implement tax code, but they made it seem like I would use some of that.

More money, less work, haha. if only it were that easy

alliantgroup is a great place to work if you enjoy challenging, hard work and having fun!

Current Employee - Director  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

alliantgroup is helping U.S. businesses remain competitive by providing opportunities for companies to get cash back from the IRS. alliantgroup is creating jobs and facilitating innovation. I work with professionals at alliantgroup who are motivated to succeed and help companies succeed.

Cons

Lots of hard work if you're on the alliantgroup team!

Worked for alliantgroup, LP? Contribute to the Community!