alliantgroup, LP Reviews

Employment Status

Reset

1. Honest Review

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

alliantgroup has been an absolute blessing for me (and many others). For those of you that have not experienced what it is to be an alliantgroup employee, let me explain. First and foremost, this is a company that invests and takes great care of its employees. Contrary to what some of the haters (i.e., former disgruntled employees) are writing in the negative reviews, alliantgroup's management deeply cares about each and every employees success. I can only speak from my own experience. I have been with alliantgoup about 2 years and I can say that I have NEVER worked with a better educated, more passionate and talented group of professionals. That, and we get to work with American businesses in identifying valuable tax credits and other incentives that ultimately create more jobs and are a catalyst for economic growth. Pros: -Excellent Career Development Opportunities -Highly structured and through training program -Consistent and honest feedback -Exciting and Interesting Work -Great Benefits -Daily lunch is nice and definitely appreciated, but honestly, if you are making career decisions based on lunch, you are probably not a good fit here.

Cons

It is frustrating to me that there are former employees making silly comments like "long hours." Of course the hours are long. We are tax consultants, attorneys, and engineers. If you want a job where you can check in and check out, then look elsewhere. If you want a place where you will be given the tools and training to succeed AND you have the DESIRE to take ACTION to achieve your potential, then please apply.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in us. We appreciate the company you have built, and the opportunities you have created for us.

Project Associate

Pros

Great Company! Lots of benefits! Amazing people!

Cons

Zero cons. Love this place. Money could be better.

If you want a career (and not just a job)...

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Prior to working here, I used to work at a firm that promoted 2 individuals (out of 500) a year and gave the usual 3% pay increase. I was introduced to alliantgroup through one of my best friends, and started working here about 2.5 yrs ago as an administrative assistant. Since then, I've been promoted three times (and given a raise 4 times, and it was far more than 3%)! This is the only company that allows you an opportunity to grow so quickly. Early on I expressed what I wanted, and since then I've been given the tools and training to get there!!! I have had the opportunity to travel to some of the most exciting places (Hawaii, Chicago, New York, California). We get free lunch every single day, top performers get invited to exciting events, there are yoga classes every Wednesday, and we work out of the most beautiful building in Houston.

Cons

It wasn't easy. It took hard work and dedication to achieve my goals. I am confident that if you're passionate and have desire, upper management will do whatever it takes to make you successful.

No Work-Life Balance

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They will compensate you handsomely! Catered lunch every single day. State of the art facility and free covered parking.

Cons

Your compensation will come at the sacrifice of your home life and family. They expect you there from sun up to 8 or 9 pm on a regular day. During high season you might not leave until 10 or midnight. If you are lucky enough to go home you only open your laptop back up to complete your work once you're there. The catered lunch is a ploy so that you do not actually take time for yourself and leave the building for lunch. The facility is state of the art, however, it will feel like an asylum that you cannot escape after a while. Plus they forgot to buy enough chairs for all of their employees so do not be surprised if you find yourself sitting on a desk or the floor.

Advice to Management

Learn to accept that every one does not want to drink the Kool-aid!

CAUTION! Don't believe the positive reviews.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Free lunches, good benefits. A good stepping stone for new graduates looking to start a career.

Cons

I was holding back in sending my review on my experience with this company. After reading the positive reviews, I can not keep the silence. Candidates beware! Upper Management is all about favoritism. I have seen this time and time again. Most of the consultants promoted to a lead role in implementation lack managerial skills. These are the individuals you would be reporting before you reach Upper Management (Sr. Managing Director and Sr. Director) levels. If you are lucky and get assigned to a group (in implementation) lead by a decent sr. consultant, then your experience at alliantgroup will be a decent one. The only problem is there are so few of them! Your success will be in reflection to the quality of training you receive. So hope that you are with a group with a good lead/mentor type individual. They continue to hire candidates that have just graduated lacking practical business and lead experience because they are the most moldable. They grow their management organically. They can't hire experienced lead consultants because they do not want to work here. I have tried to help out the Talent Acquisition team with referrals but have not been successful to find anyone that wants to work here. alliantgroup does not have the best reputation. The hours are ridiculous. I can see why they do hire people right out of school. They are young and can handle the hard core hours needed during the training period and tax seasons.

Advice to Management

There is no point in providing advice to these individuals. They will not listen. They will continue to have human capital growth problems due to their toxic culture environment.

Project associate

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity for growth. Work with very smart people. Get to really make a difference in for small to mid size businesses.

Cons

The hours are often very long and you may find yourself getting overwhelmed from time to time b

Project associate

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really good dental insurance. Nice new building in a good location. Free meals.

Cons

You're going to be overworked at this place, and that is by design. Their strategy is to get people fresh out of college that are desperate for a job, and employing the "churn and burn". The numbers speak for themselves, the amount of people that get fired or quit is astounding, barely anyone lasts over a year at this place. This inspires a culture of fear, which management fully embraces to make you work hard. One of their cultural tenants is "transparency" which is a euphemism for "we can berate you publicly and get away with it." Almost no one is happy at the company, and management doesn't care as long as they are lining their pockets. Expect mass emails every single day, telling the whole company how great x individual is, and you are expected to reply all and agree. If you don't do this, you don't "fit the culture" and expect to get talked to about it by management. Overall it is reminiscent of a cult-like environment with mediocre pay for the hours you are expected to work. I could go on even further, but if you are still considering taking a position here, I would strongly advise against it if you value your mental health.

Advice to Management

Stop posting fake reviews and try to address the issues that are causing the massive turnover. To spot a fake review, look for the space between the punctuation and the end of the sentence, it's a dead giveaway !!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Associate Director
    Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Environment where your opinion matters. Fast paced, goal oriented team players. Always helpful if you have questions. Approachable management that truly cares about company and employees

Cons

Negative reviews scare people from joining a great organization.

Dreams Really Do Come True: High School Pt. 2

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are some really great people here - smart, personable, funny - just awesome people to work with. I've made some great friends here - I'm sure bonding over misery may have had something to do with it. The lunch catering really helps cut down on my grocery bill.

Cons

The pay is a joke. They under pay you, work you to death, when you become unhappy (or fall out of favor - whichever comes first) crap on you until you leave, then hate you for leaving - 'tis the cycle of alliantgroup. This is a VERY political work environment - the most so in Implementation. If you aren't in the higher ups office every other day telling them how great and wonderful they are good luck making any kind of move up in the company. Be sure to listen for buzzwords such as 'escalate' 'bubble up' and 'calendar management' while you drink the kool-aid with a forced smile on your face. Oh and don't forget to hit 'reply-all' on company wide emails because they watch that too. When they send Work Anniversary emails, the funny thing is there are a ton of one year anniversaries and hardly any anniversaries higher than that... I wonder why. I've been here around 6 months - it only took me a few weeks to figure out that this place was not somewhere I wanted to work and I am now looking at other jobs.

Advice to Management

Employees have lives outside of alliantgroup. I think the company would be better served trying to foster that and ensuring that employees lead balanced lives. The rate of burnout here is extremely high because you can't keep people at this company and their work falls on the others left. I work far too many hours for far too little pay - also not matching 401ks at all is a joke. How about we stop putting fresh flowers in the lobby and put the money towards something your employees actually benefit from.

Senior Associate

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros are all the same as other reviews. Building is nice, lunches and pay is decent.

Cons

This company is all materialistic. They make you think that you matter, in reality you don't, you are as disposable as the money they spend. Management wants you to push people that is not in your department and you have no authority over so that you can achieve your goals. When you are unable to achieve your goals because other departments can not finish their tasks, you are reprimanded for things that you have no control over. I have seen successful individuals fired because of this. Your past successes means nothing if you slip up once. They do not care if you pushed your department far beyond from where its been and achieve insane goals, they will reprimand you if you slip up once. Also, departments do not work together. Do not expect to get information from operations and accounting very easily. Everything is tight lip. A company that withholds financial and operational information is hiding something. Last if you have a family, this will not work out for you, unless you do not like seeing your spouse and children. Work life balance is aweful. They say they have one but they demand you to work all the time, even on your vacation. If you don't then kiss this job goodbye. If you need information to perform your job efficiently, managers often times will withhold it as a game. Then they will reprimand you if you do not get your task finish quickly in front of your peers. Some managers think its fun playing a game with their employees when it effects their performance and livelihood. This will happen within interdepartments. Its a sick game. Last the systems. They operate on small business systems. This company by no means is small. This inhibits productivity and brings in alot of double and triple checking within departments. Each department does not trust each other because the lack of technology. This company paid out alot of money for a nice building at a premium location, furniture, lunches, state of the art conference rooms that alot of fortune companies do not have but they cannot invest into their computer systems. This companies priorities are backwards.

Advice to Management

Work life balance will show INVESTMENT into your employees. Investment into technology into systems will alleviate alot of issues. Managers lower than CEO and COO need to mange people to become managers instead of promoting and demoting people. The culture is not what Directirs and above think it is.

RSS Feed </> Embed