alliantgroup, LP Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Director

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fast-paced environment where you do good work for businesses while working with some of the best and brightest people that you will find anywhere.

Cons

It's a rapidly growing firm and it's a challenge to find enough of the right people to take on the surge of new clients and maintain repeat client relationships.

Advice to Management

Keep standards high, do not compromise on making the right hiring decisions. We need more people, but not average - they must be great.

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Simply put, this is a tremendous opportunity I've been given. Coming from a large corporation with typical archaic culture, I'm finally at a place that lets me by myself and challenges me to achieve versus sit and collect a pay check that was the norm at my past job.

Cons

Is definitely a different culture from what I came from..but its so much more rewarding and refreshing. There is a lot to learn, but that's what I expected with this change..not for the lazy.

Advice to Management

don't listen to the naysayers..often times people want a banal existence and want to impute that on those around them.

interesting

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

it was an interesting experience. i got some consulting experience out of it. the only problems with this was that there were long hours and since it is a fairly new company, the salary didn't much up very well with the hours. other than that it was a good starting job.

Cons

long hours. not enough pay for the amount of hours put it. the credit for the lunches was not that great since they barely gave any credit.

Advice to Management

management needs to start getting with advanced technology and fix the issue with the long hours and stop paying so little.

Sue-happy lying degenerates

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the mind games they play EVERYTHING is a pro. This is what they will convince you of. Plus they have free sodas.

Cons

Turns out that everything you thought was great when you first started was a bunch of lies. Senior management must not have any real friends, because if you show a glimmer of independence or love for anybody outside the office (and really, THEM), you'll be ostracized. You'll prefer it this way because you won't gain nearly as much weight or be forced to listen to the mindless chatter in the late night meetings (usually about movies or racist gossip), but it also means your days there are limited, and will be quite painful. Once somebody is on the outside they will actually force those still in the loop to stop talking to you or suffer the same consequences. The quality or volume of your work will have no impact on your status... Just the tightness of your skirt (for the ladies) or how good and believable your sucking up skills are. For those of us who worked hard and put money in the table it was an infuriating environment. Don't believe the fake reviews about "meritocracy" or any other such nonsense. This is how they paint reality to fit their image. You want the real story about this place just Google it. Hundreds of lawsuits against employees and clients - all public record. They have their spin, but there is nothing they can say to cover the fact that they are a bunch of sue-happy degenerates.

Advice to Management

Your emptiness cannot be filled by forcing people to be your friends. But good luck with all of that. The only thing you could do to make this a better place is leave. Bad people don't change who they are when the payout is so good.

Good money, poor management

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunities to make pretty good money IF you negotiate a good starting salary, get promoted in a reasonable time for an excellent 10%+ raise, and hit your bonuses (there may be a lot of sucking up to obtain). There are a lot of good intelligent people working there (for the short time they are there). The culture is laid back and a good place for young people to start their careers (but not much opportunity for long term growth). The type of work is interesting and fulfilling. There are opportunities to make a significant difference in the business of clients.

Cons

Many factors associated with raises and bonuses are subjective wrapped in "objective" criteria and often times the factors impacting this criteria is out of your control. This causes employees to "project manage" strategically to get money rather than deliver good work product or customer service. The good employees leave quickly because they don't drink kool-aid doled out by management and the senior associates they have do their bidding. Those that do drink the kool-aid, spend a lot of time sniffing behind management to remain relevant while a lot of valuable hardworking employees are overlooked. With the amount of young people trying to get ahead, it starts to feel like a high school campus full of gossip and undercutting. The turnover rate is high because the seasoned professionals do not stay longer than it takes to secure another position. There are plenty of happy hours, parties, and out of work events that are disguised as voluntary employee appreciation events but employees are almost forced to participate to stay in management's good graces.

Advice to Management

Create operations that mirror the business model that is set forth. Management preaches autonomy but the everyday operations are more stringent than not. Management preaches flexibility, but makes employees jump through hoops to take advantage of it. Management tells employees to bubble up problems, but when this happens it takes a ridiculous amount of time to get action and then the employee is blamed for things falling through the cracks. Giving the proven employees a little more leeway would alleviate this rather than treating them like the children that work there. Management preaches a "work life integration" (which is different than a balance). Recognize that everyone does not want to spend all their time at work. The hours spent at the office are long enough that some people rather go home and spend time with family than participate in additional activities. It is not a slight on the company, it is an attempt at work life BALANCE aka time away from the office to counter the loooooooong hours spent at the office.

HIGH TURNOVER!

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-pay is decent, but considering the hours, it's not worth it -nice building

Cons

-REALLLYYY catty environment amongst the women -travel is presented as 30-50% but it's more like 70% -it's ALWAYS someone's first/last day everyday. -associate is a fancy title for "administrative assistant who are scape goats"

Advice to Management

This is not normal and masking negative reviews by having internal employees post "raving reviews" is obvious.

Terrible Experience

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They cater lunch. In my opinion they only do this to keep people from leaving for lunch though, so I'm not sure it's a "pro" really. The new building is awesome, it's very clean and new-age. They also pay 100% of the employee's health care benefits, however, they make you wait 90 days before you can sign up. So look forward to using the health care exchange in the mean time...or paying a fine on next years taxes.

Cons

Long hours. Zero work-life balance. People talked about staying until 10 p.m. even outside of tax season, this was a regular thing. I was asked if I was available to attend a Saturday meeting my first week at the company because people just couldn't make time for a 20 minute meeting during the 10-12 hour work days. There is also a lack of management or any real guidance here. The company is growing so rapidly that people with 2 months more experience than you tend to act like managers dictate what you work on. My biggest disappointment was the lack of career opportunities at alliantgroup. The "promotions" didn't really bring a new level of responsibility, and the career ceiling was incredibly low. They also did a terrible job of explaining the work in the interviews. They say you "can't understand what they do until you work there." If they can't explain the job function, maybe that is indicative of the fact that the job has very little function in the first place. I spent 10 hours per day editing reports, writing reports, and sifting through tax returns to copy and paste numbers into an excel spreadsheet. That was certainly not what I was told I would be doing, or I can guarantee I would never have taken this job.

Advice to Management

Be far more transparent to people about what they will actually be doing at your company. Also, fix the benefits package. No 401k, having to wait 90 days for health care coverage when you know this will result in a fine for people, and making people accumulate paid time off 1.25 days per month...these are antiquated philosophies and are not competitive.

This place will suck the life out of you

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food, nice new building, coworkers are awesome for the minute you get to work with them before someone gets fired or quits.

Cons

Pretty much everything. Management does not respect subordinates and berates them in the public forums of group/interdepartmental meetings. It's awful to be subjected to- even when you aren't the one being yelled at. It's a toxic culture but voicing your concerns will only result in getting you fired. You will experience so much turn over it will make your head spin. Understand that most of the 5 star reviews are either written by the marketing department or are solicited from the employees who have just received a big (often undeserved) bonus. The people who get the bonuses are the ones who kiss up just the right way- not the people who work the hardest. Something that always seemed fishy to me were the billing contests - at the end, someone (several people, depending on the structure of the particular contest) would get a big bonus check. The numbers didn't ever seem to add up for the work people were actually doing with their particular clients.

Advice to Management

Quit treating employees like dogs and start paying attention to those who actually work to benefit your organization. Quit touting the idea of a "true meritocracy" because trying to pick out the "cool kids" and playing favorites doesn't actually get the job done. You are running your own company into the ground by not making changes. It doesn't matter though. You won't take any advice and will continue to waste people's time and stick your heads in the sand about what the issues really are. This place is a joke and everyone seems to be in on it but you. Even many of your prized employees see through the nonsense and are just taking you for all they can get. It's easy to fake interest in this place. I did for as long as I could stomach it and took the perks and dealt with the ridiculous hours until I found something way better (not hard to do, by the way, because I am a "high performer" by anyone's standards and because alliantgroup is such a sinking ship). Best of luck to you.

Expected work hours are unrealistic

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

free lunch and snacks, outings, and little perks

Cons

literally working day and night

Advice to Management

train your managers to be effective managers

I don't know what I would do without this job

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I hear daily of people being laid off or their company is closing and here we are growing by leaps and bounds. I am thankful for the stability and consistent growth of my company. The opportunity I have for personal development is endless, I appreciate the time they take to educate you in our unique business, the brilliant people that I get to work with everyday and the laughter make the days fly by.

Cons

I wish I knew more people that I could recommend to fill the positions we have open.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, its contagious!! I respect how hard you work to consistently make this a better place to work.

RSS Feed </> Embed