alliantgroup, LP

Updated October 19, 2014
Updated October 19, 2014
2.6

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

It really is as bad as the reviews say it is

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free food
    Cool co-workers (not management)
    I can't even get to the 20 word minimum for this section, which is sad.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life and health

The worst CEO ever. He calls people out in meetings and tells them how awful they are - he has been know for going off on someone for 30 minutes in front of the entire department.

Want "high performers" aka people will follow them aimlessly and buy into their "culture"

Unbearable hours - if you leave at 6:30 you are looked down upon

Transparency really means the can talk bad about you to everyone

Illegal hiring practices by management. I once heard my director telling a recruiter no accents

Awful language and stories daily and are strongly encouraged.

Tons of drinking and drugs

Lots of games to be played - if you are asked to go anywhere with management but have other plans, make sure you cancel them to make yourself 100% available.

They wouldn't take advice

The worst company in Houston, TX or Irvine, CA to work for.

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are no pros to this company.

Cons

To Many to List.....it all starts with the worst CEO in the world and his need to abuse people. He see everyone as the dirt on his shoe.

Just don't Do It

Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Getting out was a huge pro. Talk about dead end. Oh how I wish I could use an emoji. I digress. Other than that, I made a limited amount of good friends but only trusted about 2 of them for good reason. Moving on, sobriety was a limited expectation so if you are in AA or NA, this is not the place for you but you will find many of your relapsed friends here. Good Luck !

Cons

Remember those friends that I previously mentioned? Well they are gone along with much unnecessary anxiety and stress. We are proud of you ! To those who stay, my condolences. Don't expect to see the people you started with longer than 4 -6 months. At some point you will learn that you will never be rightly acknowledged, vastly listened to, respected, or highly admired.. for anything. Being grateful is a joke, but nobody is laughing. At that point you will feel some type of way and people will blame you for no longer giving a... insert blank. When that happens (because it undoubtedly will), take some time to find peace within yourself to ensure you don't make a huge scene and allow people to degrade you even further. Staying "under the radar" is key because let's face the realistic truth. If you're good at your job, you will go thru hell and high water to move up or even diagonally to a better position due to your superior's fear that you can not be replaced. My advice is to live your life before work or at lunch time and pray that nobody notices because that place turns in to Orange Is the New Black after 6pm when you're imprisoned with eyes of judgement as if you were a fugitive on the run trying to escape the office. Another option is to do what I did, have some self respect and resign. Best Regards.

Oh yes! Here's a tip: Listen to other employee ideas, it could save this establishment. Also, stop sleeping around with these young and impressionable children! It is inexplicable when these incestuous office relationships form babies. It is the highest form of desperation to find meaning of your life. You're Welcome ;)

Meh.

Current Employee - Doesn't Matter Anyway in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Doesn't Matter Anyway in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free soda. I can't even reach the 20 word minimum for Pros.

Cons

Say goodbye to your life, health, friends, and family.

That's a joke, right?

High energy environment with endless opportunities!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Deciding to work at alliantgroup was the best decision I have made in my career. It is a high-performance and high-energy environment and the opportunities are endless. alliantgroup maintains an open-door policy and I feel comfortable asking anyone and everyone for help at all times. Hard work and dedication does not go un-noticed. Unlike other companies, the management team instills complete transparency and recognizes the hard work put out buy their employees. The opportunities, rewards, incentives and fun is endless at alliantgroup. Along with the professional growth I have experienced at alliantgroup, the personal growth I have experienced is also second to none.

Cons

I do not have any cons about working at alliantgroup.

My experience with alliantgroup has not only been exciting and challenging, but very rewarding as well.

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

alliantgroup is looking for a very specific type of people. You will see immediately that this company wants people who are not only ambitious for themselves, but for the future of the company as well. This means that you must have the drive to dedicate yourself to your responsibilities. If you are hungry for your future and willing to put in the effort, this company will reward you.

- Competitive salary
    - Flexibility to work in a an industry that excites you
    - Collaborative and team effort environment
    - Direct transparency regarding your performance to your growth

Cons

Long hours, especially during tax season.

Incredible Opportunity at a Dynamic, Growing Company

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup is a company full of young, energetic, and highly intelligent people. The people you will meet working here are one of the best things about alliantgroup. It is a very enjoyable work environment that makes you look forward to coming to work each day.

You will get what you put into alliantgroup. I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded. You will not find another job where it is so easy to advance even within your first year. The sky is the limit and the room for advancement is unprecedented due to the rapid growth of the company.

The work we do is rewarding, challenging, and different each day. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients in a lot of different industries. There are great opportunities to travel the country, but at your discretion and timing.

The benefits provided are unparalleled. Everyone works hard and alliantgroup constantly finds ways to give everyone the opportunity to mix in fun and excitement. This will include everything from company parties, happy hours, movie outings, and dinners. Lunch is catered in daily at no charge and during tax seasons, dinners are provided as well.

Cons

This is the not the work environment for everyone. This is a fast paced environment where high performers are sought and greatly rewarded. Those expecting to clock in, clock out, and do the bare minimum will not be successful. The hours can be long during the busy tax seasons, but the sense of camaraderie and teamwork that occur during this time is impressive. Management is always working to find ways to keep it fun and reward everyone for the extra time commitment.

Keep up the great work! As we continue to grow, maintain the core principles that have made this such a great company to work for.

Great high energy atmosphere with lots of opportunity and growth! Go-getters welcome.

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The nature of the work is complex and interesting – this is a fast paced work environment and every day presents new challenges and opportunities.

Your peers are successful, intelligent, and motivated. You will receive mentorship and guidance from upper level management since alliantgroup promotes an open-door policy. alliantgroup has assembled a unique Advisory Board which consists of former IRS Commissioners, Senators, Governors, and other high level executives – all of which visit the headquarters and you can connect with – talk about a great opportunity!

You are rewarded for hard work – vacations, catered meals, bonuses etc.

The skill set you develop here in such a short amount of time is incomparable to other firms. You are presented an opportunity to consult executives of Companies and their CPAs on how to effectively increase their bottom line – these executives will love you and alliantgroup rewards you for developing strong relationships with clients.

alliantgroup just moved into a new building that overlooks downtown Houston and the Galleria – lots of fun things happening! alliantgroup has implemented a new Wellness program – weekly runs, yoga classes, and nutritional classes as well as more healthy options offered for lunch.

Cons

Long hours during tax season – this is the nature of the industry.

Keep maintaining a high performance culture and keep promoting personal and professional growth.

Fast paced environment that encourages hard work and high energy!

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I truly feel as if I learn something new every day. The work is always exciting and challenging. My colleagues are all smart, driven, and passionate. There is a culture of learning, accountability and teamwork. This is one place that I think is truly a meritocracy. Everyone is measured on the strength of their performance. Even after a few months, I felt that I was growing and strengthening my skill set. This is an excellent place to work if you enjoy pushing yourself.

work-life balance is certainly attainable if you prioritize it. We even have a Health & Wellness Director and numerous programs in place that encourage activity and stepping away from work for a bit.

Best of all, the management is incredibly supportive. I have never heard of another employer where the upper management will take time to personally help develop your skills, even as an entry level employee. If you show initiative and ask for guidance, you will not be refused. The opportunities for growth are huge here. I would recommend alliantgroup to any contacts who are hardworking, focused and looking to make a career.

Cons

This is not your typical 9-5 job. If you are looking for a boring desk job where you can surf the internet all day and have no real responsibilities, this is not the place for you. You will work long hours and late nights, however, I have never felt that my efforts have gone unnoticed or unrewarded.

Glad I took the job. Ecstatic I left.

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pros? The people. Not upper management -- but the people in the trenches. They're the people who make it worthwhile to come to work. The people who make it a little less painful to have spent five waking hours with your spouse in the past week. The people you laugh with and learn from -- and when you leave, the people you hope make it out sooner rather than later.

(There's also free, secured parking, so you feel pretty safe going to the car, and it saves you $1200ish a year.)

Cons

Like many people, I've worked in food service. Like fewer people, I've also taught in an inner city school. So I thought I had safely put my worst jobs behind me.

How wrong I was!

If you've worked at alliantgroup for less than a year, this will ring false. "Opportunities are everywhere," you'll say. "This is a true meritocracy!" You'll talk about the parties at work, about the open and collaborative atmosphere, about how much everyone wants you to succeed.

I know. I said those things too.

Your first promotion comes within six months (that's the new model; at one time, you'd be there a year before you got promoted, but now they need warm bodies to take on new studies). It feels great. You get a raise, you're being rewarded for your good work, you believe in this firm and this cause.

And then.

You make a misstep. Or you don't. Your team director doesn't like you. Or management doesn't like your team director. You get promoted and then demoted. Or you're given flimsy reasons why you won't be promoted in the first place.

And at some point, you will look at the 50+ studies you manage and wonder how you keep all those balls in the air. You will look at yourself in the mirror and wonder where those gray hairs, wrinkles, and extra pounds came from. You will look at your relationship and wonder how it has even held up under the stress. And you will look at your life and wonder if it was always this miserable.

alliantgroup is a fine first job. It forces you to learn more than you thought was possible. You'll meet wonderful, smart, dedicated people. You'll make a real difference to the clients you serve.

And then you'll see those smart, dedicated people walk out the door in anger and frustration and heartbreak. You'll see those clients go underserved because you don't have the time to dedicate to each one. You'll still learn -- but you'll learn how not to manage subordinates, how not to motivate, how not to run a company that makes people want to be there.

You'll see passionate, smart people thrust into management roles with little experience and no real training, and you'll wonder why they don't know what they're doing. (Later, you'll understand exactly why.) You'll see people demoted publicly for no given reason. (You won't learn why.) You'll see yourself -- ranked with the other associates on an email blasted to the entire department, based on metrics that change by the week and don't correspond to reality. (You won't see senior associates and above, though. Those emails don't get blasted to everyone.)

And eventually you'll leave, and maybe you won't have another job. Maybe you will have another job, and you'll lie about where you're going because you know the retribution will be harsh. Maybe you'll end up in the Big Four. Maybe you'll run into former alliantgroupers in your new life, and you'll feel an immediate kinship because you've survived the same war, if not at the same time.

And then you'll laugh about how ridiculous those years were and remember how happy you are to be gone.

There is literally nothing I could say to upper management that would make them understand how much better life is on the outside.

alliantgroup, LP Photos