alliantgroup, LP

Updated November 17, 2014
Updated November 17, 2014
2.9

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have always been rewarded for all the hard work I put into the company (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 22 reviews)

More Highlights

I should have joined 5 years ago...

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethical-driven, professional and passionate culture; forward-thinking, progressive and evolving environment ; talented and intelligent co-workers who enhance professional growth; high value proposition for clients: fast-paced spirit and can-do mentality; results-driven, high-performance reward system; great benefits and work environment; open-door policy, our voices are heard.

Cons

It depends on who you are as a person. There are challenges here as there are with any other company....especially high-growth companies. At this time leaders and performers are needed. Ones who want to be the best and are not afraid to be challenged so that they are on an accelerated path toward that end. Our clients do not pay for average, but rather for our commitment to excellence. Although it's not always easy, when we get challenged along the way, it is in an effort to drive us forward - as individuals and as a company. At first, it was somewhat unnerving - but when you realize it is coming from an honest place, you understand the positive impact it has on all. Be the best in the world at something!

I truly believe I made the best decision of my life when I joined alliantgroup and wish I would have done so sooner. I have never seen such an opportunity to thrive both professionally and financially and am grateful for it.

Enhance the investment in management and leadership development; continue to have an open-door policy; continue to drive us to be the best.

Economic Growth!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It feels amazing to go to work every day and get to work with small and mid-sized companies nationwide to help them create job growth in America by showing them where they are leaving their tax dollars behind. It's the greatest feeling when a client calls you to tell you how grateful they are that with the help of the tax incentives and deductions they received, they were able to stay open or hire more individuals. In an economy like ours has been as of late, this is vital. To be a part of it is astounding.

Cons

I truly can't think of any. If any issue was to arise, I could always speak to any of my superiors, all the way up to the CEO, and it would be immediately assessed. Love the open door policy and transparency!

challenging but rewarding!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for several years and can say that there is no other place that you can sit down and talk to CEOs and Presidents of other companies on a daily basis. The job is super challenging, but really rewarding. High performance is encouraged.

Cons

This job is for people who want to challenge themselves and push their careers forward - if you are lazy and want to squeak by, this is not the place for you.

keep rewarding people - not sure you could get all these benefits for doing your job anywhere else.

Internal Raving Fan!

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot is spoken about alliantgroup employees creating raving fans of our clients, which we do. The amazing part is that management practices what it preaches internally to create raving fans of their employees. If you want to work with the best and brightest that are also the happiest, this is the place for you. The investment that everyone puts into each other is truly astonishing in comparison to any other company. Most companies treat you as 'sink or swim'. Where as at alliantgroup, it is understood on all levels that all components of the 'ship' must operate together as to not sink. You don't have to struggle to find the energy and the passion you need because it naturally wants to jump out of you.

Cons

There can be long hours at times, but that goes with the territory regardless of where you work. Tax season is tax season. Management does everything they can to lighten the load and reward you for the time and effort through out the long hours.

Amazing company!

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at alliantgroup for over 6 years and I could not be happier with my position and compensation. I started as an Associate (without a tax background) and have been given the opportunity to work my way up and constantly learn/grow. This would not be possible without Senior Management regularly interacting with all employees and looking for talent they can develop. In many cases, they will see an individual with unique skills and create a position for them to succeed.

The culture of alliantgroup is what separates us from other consulting firms. We are always trying to improve and exceed expectations.

It is very satisfying to help small and medium sized companies. We are putting money back in the hands of business owners so they can reinvest in their companies and hire additional employees. As a company, our goal is job creation and turning our clients into raving fans.

Cons

I wish I started at alliantgroup right out of college! I wasted time at another company before finding alliantgroup.

9 years and counting...

Current Employee - Senior Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Joined the company in its infancy & have enjoyed every minute of developing our firm into the company it is today. Like any start up, it has required commitment, passion, and drive. Every minute I have invested in this company has come back 10 fold. Coming from an entrepreneur family, I know that in order to be successful you have to be committed and work hard. I will never forget a statement Joe Theismann made which has driven me since, " the first 9 hours of your day are for your survival, every other minute you spend on your career is for your success!!" It is up to you to decide what you want out of life, but I am proud to say I have a successful career for life at alliantgroup and work life balance that allows me to spend time with family and friends.

Cons

In speaking with owners across various industries, I would say that one of the hardest struggles for any company today is finding talented people who are committed and driven and don't just expect things to be handed to them. Thanks to the investment and commitment that I have received during my tenure at alliantgroup, I have developed into the professional I am today and it is now up to my generation to develop the next generation of our firm.

Great Career Growth Opportunities!!

Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

it's a company that provides great opportunities for career development through internal training courses and hands on experience. If you express to management what career path you want to take they will work with you to achieve that. Overall, it's a fun working atmosphere and i've met a lot of great people. The company really takes notice of those that work hard and try to make sure it doesn't go unnoticed.

Cons

You are expected to work longer hours but management is very clear on that during the interview process. Everyone works with a team and I believe the first team you are assigned to can make or break your first experience/impression of the company.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup provides every opportunity to achieve professional success. Management has an open door policy and they are willing to discuss any issue or suggestion that you have. The average starting salary is highly competitive compared to other Tax Firms, along with excellent bonus incentives. Along with FREE catered lunches every day and FREE catered dinners every night during tax season. They also offer a complimentary Wellness Program that promotes healthy food choices and weekly Fitness Programs; they are also in the process of building us a new gym.

Cons

During tax season the hours are longer than the normal 9-5 job; but that is the name of the game for ALL Tax Firms. Success comes with hard work and dedication. If you want to be successful then all you have to do is work for it. Plus with all of the tax season perks that alliantgroup offers the time literally flies by.

My advice to management is focus on hiring individuals that have more work experience, because these kids that are fresh out of college/law school do not realize how good they have it here. allintgroup goes above and beyond to reward their employees and some people just take that generosity for granted.

Happy to he a part of the big blue "a"!

Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Attorney in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

alliantgroup was my first job out of law school when looking for a different type of legal career. It's a place that is fast paced and high energy that encourages performance, passion and success. You are told from day 1 to be greedy with your career and blaze your own trail, and the culture truly allows you to do that. You're surrounded by professionals who want to succeed and want to work with you to allow you to be better. It is a company that fosters collaboration to promote success for employees and also successful outcomes for clients. The culture is one that fosters individuality, healthy competition and high performance. It allows for your success and drive to shine through and help you advance your career. The team environment allows for you to be surrounded by people who care about your career and success, but also your well being as a person. You are trained and prepared for success through continual education and on the job training to give you the opportunity for success an a long career. The perks of working for the company are unmeasurable-community, company and team events, countless building amenities (parking, cafe, gym, lounges), comprehensive corporate wellness program, incentive structures, relaxed dress code, travel opportunities, etc. Every day, I am happy to go to work, spend the work day with the people around me and continue growing as a professional. I have had a wonderful experience working there and am looking forward to a long and happy career with the blue a!

Cons

The year absolutely has it's busy seasons, which can lead to longer hours, but the company structure is set up to support everyone during those times so it does not become a problem.

Keep at it! The management of the company is so available to the employees, no matter what level, and that is so refreshing. It's amazing for executives to know your name, have lunch with you, walk around and see how everyone is, and take an active role in people's careers. I can honestly say I know every member of management and they are a delight to work with and know as people and bosses. Kudos to you all for running a company that is so available to it's members and for taking such good care of your employees.

My experience with alliantgroup has not only been exciting and challenging, but very rewarding as well.

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

alliantgroup is looking for a very specific type of people. You will see immediately that this company wants people who are not only ambitious for themselves, but for the future of the company as well. This means that you must have the drive to dedicate yourself to your responsibilities. If you are hungry for your future and willing to put in the effort, this company will reward you.

- Competitive salary
    - Flexibility to work in a an industry that excites you
    - Collaborative and team effort environment
    - Direct transparency regarding your performance to your growth

Cons

Long hours, especially during tax season.

alliantgroup, LP Photos