alliantgroup, LP

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.2

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Turn Growing Pains Into Your Professional Gains

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, stands head and shoulders above our competition in the number of clients we serve, the scope and quality of the resources we've built to serve them and the results we achieve for them. The work we perform for our clients expand their capacity to hire and grow; adding new jobs and driving greater profits to the bottom-line. In many cases, even adding to their local economies.

Employees have exceptional opportunities for professional development, advancement and financial reward; given their willingness to put in the hard work and having a thick (mature) skin.

Executive management is committed to the hiring, investing in and rewarding exceptional people… all to build an extraordinary company. They have proven their ability to achieve unprecedented growth and success in our service niche. They ask nothing from others that they don't require of themselves.

Cons

Not For The Meek.

1. In an effort to disrupt the norms of "business as usual" and to spawn creativity... we are pushed out of our comfort zones and encouraged to find our own best-path to achieving our objectives, which includes, personally aligning with individuals and tapping into resources throughout the company.

This has facilitated new procedures, better practices and helped many people to achieve great results. Unfortunately, perhaps due to the high number of younger associates and managers; getting pushed outside of one's comfort zones makes some folks recoil rather than branch out. So those building new, productive relationships are sometimes viewed as a "favorite" or even, part of a "clique" while those who stagnate, don't get the attention they'd like. Some of this, is having a polarizing effect on the workforce, as evidenced here on glassdoor.

2. Like a lot of companies that experience fast growth, alliantgroup seems to have hit that transitional zone between small and big... commonly referred to as growing pains.

The broadening requirements of front-line managers may be outpacing the skills and growth of young managers. The demand for increased output, performance and metrics have them stretched thin. Individual and team performance is highly visible to everyone. So are the accolades and well intended, admonishments associated with that performance. Again, perhaps, due to the experience level of front line managers, some may try to hide their short comings and in doing so, alienate some of their staff. These dynamics have resulted in undesirable, turnover.

At the same time, Glassdoor's platform allows anyone, including competitors, to post anything; personal or professional, the truth or a lie, supportive or vindictive. Each posted with the intent to elevate or diminish the readers perception. This has led to a false impression of a thankless, burn’em and churn’em culture; jading potential candidates and providing an naysayer-community for under-performers, cut from the team.

As for the intent of my post... it's to speak sincerely, of positive and negative elements I've observed. alliantgroup is not perfect. What company is? I am, however, confident that unlike so many other firms, alliantgroup it committed to do whatever it takes to get there and will greatly reward those who make it happen.

I can't wrap this up with out speaking to posts I've read about people "being called out" on their mistakes, in front of others.

I've played team sports most of my life and find it much like being part of a company. Both strive to be the best, to capture the title. Both recruit the best talent they can get yet, not all of the talent makes the grade. There is always competition within the ranks and a quarterback is always more popular than a lineman.

As for "being called out" on a sports team... It happens daily. It's always, direct, personal, in your face and embarrassing, if not humiliating. Sometimes it means getting chewed out, sometimes push ups in front of our squad or running a couple laps while the rest of the group take a knee to watch. Like it or not, we do it. No whining, no complaining about the coach.

At alliantgroup critique is direct and yes, when in a group-meeting setting, it feels embarrassing. It's not a "you suck" approach but rather, "tell me why you chose that action" or "in retrospect what would you do differently." So it's an opportunity to learn and grow because when a mistake is discussed so are alternative approaches that can be taken to avoid those mistakes going forward. Doing so in a meeting also helps peers learn at the same time. That's why I suggested earlier, that employees needed a thick (mature) skin.

The fact is, alliantgroup is quite a remarkable company with a great track record of successful growth, employee development, unlimited upside and yes, with the aches and pains... but opportunities of an amazing company.

If I had the "right advice" I'd be a C-level manager and we'd be over these hurdles ;-)

We have rising stars on the horizon and those who shine brightly, today. I only hope they're not destined to a comets life, burning out and darkening our skies.

That said, I know top management is aware of the challenges balancing personal and professional lives... and are committed to helping us find that balance.

Project Manager

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Decent money for a recent college grad, culture, nice office, 20% more or less it's up to you.

Cons

Can be political, hours during tax season and turnover.

great company, great opportunities, bright future....

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have been with the company close to ten years. I have watched it grow from a small company to a large firm. The skill level and talent of the employees has grown dramatically thanks to the leadership of management. The company has helped develop employees technical and leadership skills. The benefits package is one of the best. From all of the perks, like free meals throughout the year, to a lot of paid days off (which grows with each year of employment), to bonuses, bonuses, bonuses. If you want a chance to be rewarded for performing, this is the place to be. Bonuses aren't just for the holidays, they are throughout the year based on each individuals performance. The company's history to promote from within and elevate people based on performance has been great. if you perform, you are rewarded generously with recognition and compensation.

Cons

if you are looking for a j-o-b, this is not the place for you. because this company is driven through a high performance culture, you can't sit back and coast. Some people can't handle that.

LOVE IT HERE ! The negative reviews are absolutely untrue !

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Difficult ? yes. Challenging ? yes. Extremely rewarding ? yes. Everyone, 90% OF THE NEGATIVE REVIEWS ABOUT ALLIANTGROUP ARE BEING POSTED BY 4 COMPETITORS / EX-EMPLOYEES ! How do I know this ? Because I WAS ONE OF THEM!! I rejoined alliantgroup after a stint with a competitor and part of the program that the four of us engaged in was to go on glassdoor on a weekly basis and post untrue negative reviews. After having been at this competitor and working at another job (before coming back to alliantgroup), I have come to truly appreciate alliantgroup's meritocracy and reward system.

In addition, 60% of the company's employees are female, so the 'frat pack' comments are completely untrue - as I said, 90% of the reviews are completely fictitious and untrue and are made by people who don't know anything about alliantgroup.

Cons

Its ok to ease up from time to time :)

More open forum discussions with employees would be very beneficial. The recent discussions with female leadership are a great step in the right direction - please do more of these !

Get on this rocketship

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Alliantgroup is an awesome place for career-minded, driven, and high performing people who are looking for an opportunity to lead and be great. This company has some of the smartest, most driven people that I have ever met - and it offers you an amazing opportunity to train with and learn from the best of the best.

Cons

The growth here has come with challenges but along with that growth, there are so many opportunities to learn, develop professionally, and accomplish more than you ever imagined. Management here encourages and demands greatness. If you want to hide in the shadows - this is not the place for you.

Keep pushing for greatness and not accepting mediocrity.

Fulfilling job but not easy!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at this company several years now and management has taken a lot of constructive feedback into account. I see how management styles have really improved and they are always adding to the amenities offered to everyone.
    For those of you considering a job here, here are a few highlights:
    -you can grow very fast in this company as long as you are passionate about what you do and are motivated to do better;
    -it's a really fun culture - we do 5k's together, yoga at the office, dinner parties, etc. it is like no other corporate environment you have ever been in;
    -you have exposure to not only different company CEO's but Congressmen, Senators, etc. - what a great opportunity for anyone who wants to widen their experience;
    -enjoy the ride and it can be a really rewarding one.

Cons

You just have to balance work/life out yourself and be proactive to moderate your priorities. No one forces anyone to do anything; you get however much that you put in. This is the case anywhere you go and it's no different here. warning: People get so passionate about what they do here that you can't help but be sucked in along with it.

You have matured a lot and the improvements all around have been noted. Thank you!

"7 years of Good Luck"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I am in my 7th year with alliantgroup and I am honored and thankful to be a part of such an elite team of individuals. I feel fortunate to work with people that are as passionate and energetic as I am about helping our clients keep jobs in the United States. I thrive in learning something new everyday, which keeps my job interesting, makes it challenging and exciting. I have always worked hard and from the moment I joined the company, I have felt invested in and it feels good to be on the receiving end. Your hard work never goes unnoticed either-I have earned trips, paid days off, received money/gifts/gift cards in the mail and been given blank checks to go treat myself to whatever I wanted for a job well done. All of this and I have tons of fun too!!

Cons

Our environment is not for people that are just looking for a job, you cant just go thru the motions here and collect a paycheck. You will need to contribute because we are high performers, full of energy, and we expect the same of everyone. We work hard, laugh hard and play even harder!!

Their doors are always open, their phones are always on and you can go to them for any reason. I appreciate that when we are working hard and the days are long, they put in just as many hours as we do to meet the deadlines. They join you in the trenches of season. The CEO, Sr. Managers and Directors take time out of their evenings to personally offer group or individual trainings, they push me to perfect my position and show you love and support when you haven't had such a great day.

Rewarding career for smart, driven performers

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A talented group of professionals who share a passion for client service and a fun, rewarding work environment. Performance is frequently rewarded through bonuses and extra time off. Lunch catered daily. Those who show leadership ability are promoted quickly. Promotions are merit-driven and not based on tenure. Awesome new building with great views and an in-house gym (under construction).

Cons

Tax season hours can be intense due to commitment to client service and meeting project deadlines. However, dinner is catered daily and co-workers blow off steam with ping-pong, football, etc.

I should have joined 5 years ago...

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethical-driven, professional and passionate culture; forward-thinking, progressive and evolving environment ; talented and intelligent co-workers who enhance professional growth; high value proposition for clients: fast-paced spirit and can-do mentality; results-driven, high-performance reward system; great benefits and work environment; open-door policy, our voices are heard.

Cons

It depends on who you are as a person. There are challenges here as there are with any other company....especially high-growth companies. At this time leaders and performers are needed. Ones who want to be the best and are not afraid to be challenged so that they are on an accelerated path toward that end. Our clients do not pay for average, but rather for our commitment to excellence. Although it's not always easy, when we get challenged along the way, it is in an effort to drive us forward - as individuals and as a company. At first, it was somewhat unnerving - but when you realize it is coming from an honest place, you understand the positive impact it has on all. Be the best in the world at something!

I truly believe I made the best decision of my life when I joined alliantgroup and wish I would have done so sooner. I have never seen such an opportunity to thrive both professionally and financially and am grateful for it.

Enhance the investment in management and leadership development; continue to have an open-door policy; continue to drive us to be the best.

Economic Growth!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It feels amazing to go to work every day and get to work with small and mid-sized companies nationwide to help them create job growth in America by showing them where they are leaving their tax dollars behind. It's the greatest feeling when a client calls you to tell you how grateful they are that with the help of the tax incentives and deductions they received, they were able to stay open or hire more individuals. In an economy like ours has been as of late, this is vital. To be a part of it is astounding.

Cons

I truly can't think of any. If any issue was to arise, I could always speak to any of my superiors, all the way up to the CEO, and it would be immediately assessed. Love the open door policy and transparency!

alliantgroup, LP Photos