alliantgroup, LP Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Plan on working lots of hours

I worked at alliantgroup, LP (More than a year)

Pros

Become incredibly involved with the company very quickly Learn lots every day GREAT health insurance, for free, but only if you can work there long enough to benefit Make a lot of money really quickly, and you'll be working such long hours you'll never have any time to spend any of it!

Cons

Incredibly long hours Inefficient use of time and power of directors Required to participate in team building activities that are actually demoralizing to everyone not in management If you make a mistake, it won't fly under the radar, it will be paraded in front of your team (supposedly so no one else makes the same mistake, but really it just makes you sheepish and compliant for a while)

Advice to Management

Start treating the employees like humans- be a little understanding when they need to leave early or if they have a sick child. Start appreciating when an employee makes efficient use of their time and doesn't need to stay late to make a dent in the teams workload Hire more competent leadership!

Best Development and Career Opportunity

Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Houston, TX

Pros

I have been working at alliantgroup for over 8 years and I wouldn't trade my career and opportunities here for any other. Management is focused on training and developing people to be the absolute best professionals that they can possibly be. A motivated person with desire will learn more in a year here than in 5 years at any other professional services firm. You will have access to the best learning opportunities, coaching/mentoring opportunities, and career advancement opportunities. Once of the best things about this place is that the company supports career opportunities internally so that talented people are deployed in positions that enable them to deliver their greatest value to the organization and to grow within the firm.

Cons

The consulting service lines here are highly complex and technical which requires new employees to focus heavily on taking advantage of the learning opportunities described above. You have to patient and put in the time and energy to become a subject matter expert in the services that we provide to our clients. This is a high growth firm which means that there is high demand for our services. This can result in longer hours, especially during the beginning of your career while you are still in the learning stages, and during tax seasons.

My Dream Job!!

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked at alliantgroup since graduating in December 2014. It truly has been my dream job in all aspects! You are rewarded for your hard work not only through promotions but also through company wide events and fun surprises during the work week. I feel like I work in a modern work environment where you are constantly collaborating as well as setting your own path for growth. The company truly invests in it's employees, providing trainings throughout all levels to ensure top notch employees and client service. It is a very open environment where you can walk into anyone's office and ask for help! The job is very rewarding if you are willing to work hard. The best part is that we get to form relationships with clients and find credits for companies to reduce their tax liability. These credits truly make a difference in these companies, allowing them to keep their doors open and continue to grow. We have an environment that is unbeatable. Perks: lunch provided, dinner provided during tax season, company parties (St. Paddy's Day, Rave with company awards, etc.), company picnics with family members, happy hours on some Fridays, constant joking and laughing with team members, and so much more!!!!

Cons

This is not a 9 to 5 job! However, the fact that you work long hours allows you to bond with your co-workers... not found at any other company. They also provide you lunch everyday as a convenience to those who need to work longer to provide the exceptional customer service we are known for! Very few cons can out weigh the positive atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Continue to make the drastic improvements I have seen in my 7 months of working here! You are implementing wonderful procedures and events that continue to promote a wonderful work environment.

CAUTION! Don't believe the positive reviews.

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Free lunches, good benefits. A good stepping stone for new graduates looking to start a career.

Cons

I was holding back in sending my review on my experience with this company. After reading the positive reviews, I can not keep the silence. Candidates beware! Upper Management is all about favoritism. I have seen this time and time again. Most of the consultants promoted to a lead role in implementation lack managerial skills. These are the individuals you would be reporting before you reach Upper Management (Sr. Managing Director and Sr. Director) levels. If you are lucky and get assigned to a group (in implementation) lead by a decent sr. consultant, then your experience at alliantgroup will be a decent one. The only problem is there are so few of them! Your success will be in reflection to the quality of training you receive. So hope that you are with a group with a good lead/mentor type individual. They continue to hire candidates that have just graduated lacking practical business and lead experience because they are the most moldable. They grow their management organically. They can't hire experienced lead consultants because they do not want to work here. I have tried to help out the Talent Acquisition team with referrals but have not been successful to find anyone that wants to work here. alliantgroup does not have the best reputation. The hours are ridiculous. I can see why they do hire people right out of school. They are young and can handle the hard core hours needed during the training period and tax seasons.

Advice to Management

There is no point in providing advice to these individuals. They will not listen. They will continue to have human capital growth problems due to their toxic culture environment.

Senior Associate

Pros

you get free lunch everyday

Cons

just about everything else is terrible

Associate Director

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many pros to working at alliantgroup. If you want a career and love being challenged, this is the place for you. I worked at five companies before joining alliantgroup so I have a good amount of other companies to compare to. alliantgroup takes the cake across the board. I have family here, not coworkers and I walk out everyday feeling as though I contribute to a cause that actually matters. How many people can actually say that? The thing I like best is that there is no ceiling as far as your growth. I've been here 3 years and I'm 10x the professional I was when I walked in and still learn/grow everyday. I'm challenged daily and therefore, this job is extremely rewarding. I have amazing mentors and friends here and you will find the same. Health/wellness is a really big thing here and we are in the process of building a gym. We even have a Director of Health & Wellness who is available for questions/advice daily. In addition, healthy lunches are served daily and I frequently attend the weekly yoga class that is hosted at our building (among other fitness classes/events). Overall, I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career not a job, a place where they can grow/learn and life long friends/mentors.

Cons

i don't really have any negative things to say. I honestly LOVE working here and plan to stay for a very ling time.

alliantgroup - The Best Professional Services Company in the World

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is no better feeling to be employed in a company where management invests in you and you get to build a fantastic career and do good for America! Management believes in delivering excellent results to American companies and this in turn has created thousands of jobs in America. Also, having had many jobs in the past, this is the only company where Management delivers on its promises. Employees are rewarded with promotions and $$$ and have the opportunity to excel - I can personally tell you that I have had more given to me than I could have possibly imagined. Don't walk, run to join alliantgroup. Don't wait too long.....

Cons

None noted. Many people talk about how difficult it is and it is hard work. I am not sure anybody build anything great without working hard. Thank God it is ONLY HARD WORK AND WE CONTROL OUR DESTINY. How many businesses allow you to do that? alliantgroup's management gives us all the tools to succeed....now, it is just up to us.....

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for greatness. You are doing great. Congratulations on building such a fantastic company!

This Is EXACTLY What I Was Looking for!!!!! Awesome!!!!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After working for a company filled with bureaucratic red tape - I was looking for a company where I could control my future success. WELCOME TO ALLIANTGROUP! In my first couple years - based upon my PERFORMANCE - I have received MULTIPLE raises, bonuses, promotions, acknowledgment for my hard work and the chance to advance quickly!!!! I'm surrounded by really smart people that I like - and have the ability to reach out to and actually be heard by management at all levels. Basic Pros - Good Pay, Bonuses, Raises, Promotions, Free Lunch, Free Dinner (during tax season), golf scrambles, company pays 100% of medical, and recognition for hard work!! I saw some reviews on here from folks saying they didn't get a raise in 2 years?? That's unheard of at alliantgroup. All of my co-workers who are performing are having the same experience I'm having. Further - I've never seen a company invest so strongly in its professionals! There is a ton of trainings, everyone has open doors if you need help and I've learned a ton since joining. This is a paradise for Type A Career Focused Driven Smart Professionals!!! Passive Type B's with poor work ethic looking for a hand out need not apply.

Cons

They were very open with me about the hours - there is a lot of work as the practice is growing. However, whenever I've had to do something for myself or family - they've never said no. They treat their professionals like professionals. Further - it's the hours and company growth that's allowed me to elevate quickly!!!

Advice to Management

Lets keep growing this company and killing it!!!

Working with People Who Care...

Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Company has created an environment for high performers to thrive while enjoying themselves. They provide you with the training and support needed to get you up and running when you first begin and continue teaching and investing in you to be the best professional and person you can be throughout the process. I have been here as long as I have only because of how much everyone supports and pulls for one another to be successful to meet individual, department, and company goals. There is no waiting around for your boss to leave in order to get rewarded with promotions, raises, and bonuses like you find with most other companies. They care about your well being as a person as well as a professional with benefits like: 1. Daily lunch with healthy options 2. A full-time Director for Health and Wellness to use as a resource and who created a fantastic Health and Wellness Program 3. Many options for exercise, including: - Ping pong tables, basketball hoop, running groups, self defense courses, yoga and soon to be constructed, in-office gym 4. Frequent workshops about leadership, how to be an elite professional, eating healthy, and creating healthy lifestyle habits 5. Mentorship Program 6. Family Picnics 7. And so much more .

Cons

There are slightly longer hours during tax season, but it is not unreasonable.

Advice to Management

I thank you for creating a utopia for high performers and continuing to strive to find news ways to make this company an absolute joy to be part of.

Senior executive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

Location, free lunch, sometimes was able to work less than an 14-hour day, but rarely. Lots of shared empathy across employee groups since nearly all had shared misery and were subject to public ridicule.

Cons

Despicable experience. Worst place to work in unspeakable ways. No values. Uses the word "transparency" to create and reward spies, liars and tattle tails. Twisted. Refuse to reimburse justifiable work expenses. Blatant favoritism. Literally everyone I spoke to their was beyond miserable, but stuck because needed a job. Pathetic.

Advice to Management

Liars, thieves, bullies, sexist, just plain idiots. No hope.

RSS Feed </> Embed