alliantgroup, LP

Updated December 12, 2014
Updated December 12, 2014
3.2

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Internal Raving Fan!

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot is spoken about alliantgroup employees creating raving fans of our clients, which we do. The amazing part is that management practices what it preaches internally to create raving fans of their employees. If you want to work with the best and brightest that are also the happiest, this is the place for you. The investment that everyone puts into each other is truly astonishing in comparison to any other company. Most companies treat you as 'sink or swim'. Where as at alliantgroup, it is understood on all levels that all components of the 'ship' must operate together as to not sink. You don't have to struggle to find the energy and the passion you need because it naturally wants to jump out of you.

Cons

There can be long hours at times, but that goes with the territory regardless of where you work. Tax season is tax season. Management does everything they can to lighten the load and reward you for the time and effort through out the long hours.

Economic Growth!

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It feels amazing to go to work every day and get to work with small and mid-sized companies nationwide to help them create job growth in America by showing them where they are leaving their tax dollars behind. It's the greatest feeling when a client calls you to tell you how grateful they are that with the help of the tax incentives and deductions they received, they were able to stay open or hire more individuals. In an economy like ours has been as of late, this is vital. To be a part of it is astounding.

Cons

I truly can't think of any. If any issue was to arise, I could always speak to any of my superiors, all the way up to the CEO, and it would be immediately assessed. Love the open door policy and transparency!

Amazing company!

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at alliantgroup for over 6 years and I could not be happier with my position and compensation. I started as an Associate (without a tax background) and have been given the opportunity to work my way up and constantly learn/grow. This would not be possible without Senior Management regularly interacting with all employees and looking for talent they can develop. In many cases, they will see an individual with unique skills and create a position for them to succeed.

The culture of alliantgroup is what separates us from other consulting firms. We are always trying to improve and exceed expectations.

It is very satisfying to help small and medium sized companies. We are putting money back in the hands of business owners so they can reinvest in their companies and hire additional employees. As a company, our goal is job creation and turning our clients into raving fans.

Cons

I wish I started at alliantgroup right out of college! I wasted time at another company before finding alliantgroup.

Project Manager

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Decent money for a recent college grad, culture, nice office, 20% more or less it's up to you.

Cons

Can be political, hours during tax season and turnover.

Great place to start!

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great money and great environment

Cons

The long hours and working weekends

Give more raises to those who deserve it. If one has to ask, management isn't doing their job.

Met some of my best friends... you know what they say, misery loves company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work along side some of the most amazing people possible.
    I had a gained an unsurpassed amount of experience in the few years I worked there.
    Let me be very clear, I LOVED the people I worked with and my actual job. However, I value myself as a person and my health.

Cons

First of all, everything you read on here - it's true - regardless of what others tell you. There are some departments that are "easier", less abusive to work in. However, the challenges do not, ever, outweigh the pros. I know so many people that have been pushed to their breaking point and do not know how or where to turn.
    The "constructive" criticism that is provided is laughable at best. You truly cannot understand what it is like to work there until you do - which I hope you don't.
    The "transparency" is hilarious. They are absolutely transparent about who sucks, but if it is discussed, you are brought into a meeting and accused of not being with the culture. If you hang out with employees who are no longer there, while you still are, you are not with the culture. Being happy for someone that has been able to move on is absolutely unacceptable.
    The hours are unbearable - conference calls at all hours of the night because it's internal, therefore necessary that it be outside of "customer facing hours" - so if you want to see your family or friends, DON'T, you'll have to leave whatever you are doing to take a phone call at the drop of a hat.

There is truly no advice to provide. They know what needs to change and actively decide it is the employees, not the management.

Deceptive

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The interview process! They are desperate for employees, so this is when they put on a show. This is the only time you will have a positive outlook on the company. Wait until you begin working...

Cons

Instability/Turnover Rate:

The company has a 55-60% turnover rate – the strong talent leaves, and the low performers stay. One case will have multiple project managers who are no longer with the company, so clients have no idea who they are talking to or working with. Most people have been there less than one year, and everyone is looking for a new job.

“High Performance” with Low Reward:

You are publically ranked based on performance, constantly forced to do other’s work that you didn’t sign up for, and pushed to bill clients to the cap. There are promises of bonuses, but the directors find an excuse not to pay-out. If there is ever a pay-out, it goes to management. The “incentives” are simply empty promises.

Micromanagement

Get ready to have 5 different bosses (all juvenile and inexperienced) demanding information from you. You are always watched. You will be told what to say, how to say it, who to talk to you, and where to be. You are expected to be at every little event, even if it's after-hours. If you leave during lunch, you'll receive emails asking where you are. If you miss a work event, you will need a serious excuse. Forget freedom.

Be truthful during the interview process. The reality of the work environment is an exact opposite of what you advertise.

False and Misleading

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The marketing department does a great job at writing multiple 5-star reviews of the company and pretending to be employees who have been here long-term.

Cons

An overwhelming majority of the company (500 employees in Houston) have been here less than one year. The 60% turnover rate does not bother management because It is true churn and burn business model. It is easy to fill the shoes of those who left - THAT'S why no experience is required on the job postings!

The culture of the company is "high performance," but that really translates to TOXIC and ABUSIVE. You are publicly humiliated and ridiculed if your ranking falls low. You will be gossiped about. You will receive demanding emails at all hours of the night. You will be told to distance yourself from certain people. Morale is low because the good friends you make will leave within months. Turnover is so common that everyone discusses their job search. Only those with no experience stay, because they cannot get a job elsewhere. If you are smart and talented, you will be gone in the first year.

Learn to value your employees. They are all leaving.

Negative Work Environment

Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about having worked here was getting a title of "Director" for an administrative position

Cons

Cons: Negative work culture. Unprofessional management where they create an environment of cool kids and non-cool kids.

Get additional management training. Stop fostering the frat pack mentality.

Nightmare on Post Oak Street

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The new employees: like lambs to the slaughter every other Tuesday. It's so refreshing to see innocence and hope before the good ones go.

Cons

Everything; mainly because it's corrupt at upper management and it trickles down. Stress. Hours for nothing. Unethical business practices. Frat-House atmosphere.

Management does not respond to advice, last time I checked. They would rather go on the offensive and post fake reviews on this site.

alliantgroup, LP Photos