alliantgroup, LP

www.alliantgroup.com
Profile Unclaimed

There are great opportunities out there... This just isn't one of them!!

Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free soda machines, free food, they pay for your insurance after you've been there a certain amount of time. That's about it.

Cons

Everything else. Management doesn't see the people who are actually working the long hours and promote or recognize them. They pick people they like the best and those are the people who get the credit. Those are often the folks who sneak out early and put their job responsibilities on the rest of the team. If that's who you are or strive to be then this is a great opportunity for you!

The hours are long but in some departments it's just for show. You will get called for meetings well into the night (literally- sometimes starting as late as 10pm after you've already worked a 12 hour day and there is no overtime!) and will definitely get hundreds of emails all night long. If you don't respond quickly enough (read: immediately) you will likely get called out as "not being a team player".

There is zero accountability from your management. The positive reviews tell you that there's so much transparency and you can just take complaints up the chain but the truth is that if you do take a complaint up, you will likely be fired. Management doesn't take too kindly to subordinates having any criticism of them. If you don't get fired, you will wish you did because there will likely be a team meeting that comes up and you will get berated in front of your entire department or in front of people you don't even work with. Public shaming is a big part of this company's "culture".

Speaking of culture... You are expected to attend after-hours events regularly and there is no personal reason that's good enough to miss. Speaking of personal life... Don't expect to keep yours! If you're fresh out of college (as most of these employees are) and aren't married or seriously dating anyone, this might be just fine but if you are married or have a family, you will quickly grow tired of the "raves" and happy hours.

It wouldn't be so bad if your management respected you and understood that not participating in one event doesn't mean you aren't on board or a team player but they don't.

You are also likely to discover that someone who has just graduated college and comes to the team with zero experience or professionalism will be making double what you are getting paid. How will you find this out? These kids will talk about their salaries and how they can't believe how much they make for the little they do! It's an absolute joke. Seriously. Ridiculous.

Management has their heads so far up their own butts that any suggestions are guaranteed to fall on deaf ears. There's no point in trying to make suggestions. These reviews- the ones that are are attempting to tell the truth about this place- are only really going to benefit (HOPEFULLY) those considering jobs at this place. Don't let the shiny new building and glossy descriptions when you interview fool you.

RUN AWAY, RUN FAR FAR AWAY

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

free catered food. that's about it.

Cons

everything. yes, the five star reviews you'll see are written internally to mask all the true reviews.

lose some weight.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

The company brings in catered lunch every day, there are coke freestyle machines on two floors, parking is free and secured, and they do pay 100% of your health insurance premiums. There are quick promotions due to sheer attrition. There are two former IRS commissioners and a litany of politicians on staff to garner an imprimatur of respectability. You will get to meet some of them. Oh, joy!

Cons

If you ask anyone in the industry about alliantgroup’s reputation, you’ll hear one word repeatedly. Sweatshop. It is not at all unusual to have over forty active clients at once. You will receive meeting requests for nine, ten, even eleven at night. The firm puts on events that last until three or four in the morning. I could go on.

The turnover rate is unbelievable. Across the board, less than 10% of employees remain here beyond two years. Yes, it’s that bad. The working relationships you build with your colleagues and support staff will have to be rebuilt over and over again. You will work with clients that have been through three, four, and even five project managers.

Perhaps the worst part is the frat-house atmosphere and toxic culture. alliantgroup bills itself as a meritocracy and as being all about high-performance. What a farce. You will be publicly ranked on emails blasted out to the entire company. If you do your job in an ethical fashion, you will have little to no control over the lion’s share of metrics you are measured by. During training as a new hire, there are tests on the material covered. The results, pass or fail, are posted for all to see. Bonuses are directly tied to billing and management places no checks or controls on the process. This has led to a culture of grossly unethical billing practices. Better learn how to bill 100+ hours per week if you want to win one of those billing contests!

I should probably address the 800-pound Gorilla in the room. The saccharin-sweet five-star reviews are laughable. They are either written by marketing, employees compelled to post by management, or a total sociopath (granted, there are plenty of those). Given how much creative writing alliantgroup has generated and posted under the guise of legitimate employee reviews, I thought I’d contribute some of my own. Enjoy.

For years I worked at alliant;
    Under pressure to fleece all my clients;
    Just ignore all the facts, you’ll;
    Make those fat stacks; but
    Friggin’ pray the IRS is compliant.

All levity aside, management is clueless.

Associate Director

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Honestly, there is nothing positive about this company. I worked at alliantgroup for a year and could not wait to leave. They paid me a decent salary but it wasn't enough to cover the discriminatory, condescending and unprofessional environment. Through the hiring process everything is made to seem very positive and exciting but once you are in say goodbye to your life and happiness. I was a top performer and did very well but never once was I recognized or rewarded for my efforts.

Cons

Everything. This place is horrible. You are looked down on if you leave for lunch or if you leave before 7pm. Nothing is ever good enough and the CEO is very unprofessional and offensive. Management is two faced and will go out of their way to throw you under the bus. Do not trust ANYONE.

Good luck finding employees who want to commit their lives to alliantgroup.

Terrible!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great pay, free lunch, free parking

Cons

Management is terrible!! They treat you like dogs!!

Treat people how you want to be treated!

This has been the best experience of my life! I have learned more from some of the smartest people I have ever worked w

Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Director in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

You are paid for performance, it is not about favorites or seniority it is about your individual contributions.

Cons

Not everyone understands how to work in a high performance environment and it can be frustrating if you are not a key performer.

Keep doing what you are doing, you are creating something remarkable and the fact that your door is always open to top performers is refreshing. Most companies cave to the low performers!!!!!

Your Life, Your Decision, Your Choice

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

A lot of Overtime and you get catered food so that you don't have to go anywhere to eat.

Cons

Its ran like a frat house. Doesn't matter how long you work there a day or seniority or what you tried to improve on relations. It all depends how much butt you kiss to move up just for a different title but still doing the same work and incredibly long hours. No regards if you have a family or not and you are looked down upon if you leave after a 9-11 hour day. Some people work there for longer than that a day and they get no recognition for dedication or commitment but its preached about that all the time. Upper Management are aware of the issues there but do not care enough to improve anything about it. The option they gave is you can stay or leave.

Management - be open mineded and if you have been given a title of a Team Leader/manager or such, then focus on that so you know can teach others as well as yourself so that environment can be a better place, rather than insult people that are working hard to prove themselves. Learn your craft. Stop giving recognition to the same people over and over again, especially when they arent the ones that are working hard on different clients. Having employee retention is better than a revolving glass door. Everyone sees through the BS.

No one asked me to write this review! Current Director in Irvine

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with alliantgroup for almost 4 years. When I started, I was part of the many that just didn't get it. I didn't fully understand the high performance culture and all the trainings we were having after hours.

It took me about 6 months to not only understand the culture but to then transition to absolutely loving it. It's pretty simple, you work hard and ultimately make the company money and in return, you are compensated very generously and treated very well.

I am a mother of two young kids. When I started with the firm, my daughter was just 4 months old. I read some of the reviews regarding the lack of balance and all I heard were excuses. Of course it's not easy to make all elements of your life sync, especially as a working mother, but when the family life and the work life are both worth it, you simply find a way to figure it out. Show your value to the firm and they'll give you whatever it takes. I experience this every day.

alliantgroup has helped me develop into the professional I am today. The discussions I have with people far smarter than I only make me better at what I do. I'm constantly trying to improve and with every interaction I have, I am thankful for the opportunity.

Cons

Sometimes we don't speak to one another with the tact and respect as people but it's because we're intense and going too fast. This is something I know will get better as our firm matures.

Continue to care and invest in your people. The fearful and lazy people may never get it.

challenging but rewarding!

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time

Pros

I've been at alliantgroup for several years and can say that there is no other place that you can sit down and talk to CEOs and Presidents of other companies on a daily basis. The job is super challenging, but really rewarding. High performance is encouraged.

Cons

This job is for people who want to challenge themselves and push their careers forward - if you are lazy and want to squeak by, this is not the place for you.

keep rewarding people - not sure you could get all these benefits for doing your job anywhere else.

Turn Growing Pains Into Your Professional Gains

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

alliantgroup, stands head and shoulders above our competition in the number of clients we serve, the scope and quality of the resources we've built to serve them and the results we achieve for them. The work we perform for our clients expand their capacity to hire and grow; adding new jobs and driving greater profits to the bottom-line. In many cases, even adding to their local economies.

Employees have exceptional opportunities for professional development, advancement and financial reward; given their willingness to put in the hard work and having a thick (mature) skin.

Executive management is committed to the hiring, investing in and rewarding exceptional people… all to build an extraordinary company. They have proven their ability to achieve unprecedented growth and success in our service niche. They ask nothing from others that they don't require of themselves.

Cons

Not For The Meek.

1. In an effort to disrupt the norms of "business as usual" and to spawn creativity... we are pushed out of our comfort zones and encouraged to find our own best-path to achieving our objectives, which includes, personally aligning with individuals and tapping into resources throughout the company.

This has facilitated new procedures, better practices and helped many people to achieve great results. Unfortunately, perhaps due to the high number of younger associates and managers; getting pushed outside of one's comfort zones makes some folks recoil rather than branch out. So those building new, productive relationships are sometimes viewed as a "favorite" or even, part of a "clique" while those who stagnate, don't get the attention they'd like. Some of this, is having a polarizing effect on the workforce, as evidenced here on glassdoor.

2. Like a lot of companies that experience fast growth, alliantgroup seems to have hit that transitional zone between small and big... commonly referred to as growing pains.

The broadening requirements of front-line managers may be outpacing the skills and growth of young managers. The demand for increased output, performance and metrics have them stretched thin. Individual and team performance is highly visible to everyone. So are the accolades and well intended, admonishments associated with that performance. Again, perhaps, due to the experience level of front line managers, some may try to hide their short comings and in doing so, alienate some of their staff. These dynamics have resulted in undesirable, turnover.

At the same time, Glassdoor's platform allows anyone, including competitors, to post anything; personal or professional, the truth or a lie, supportive or vindictive. Each posted with the intent to elevate or diminish the readers perception. This has led to a false impression of a thankless, burn’em and churn’em culture; jading potential candidates and providing an naysayer-community for under-performers, cut from the team.

As for the intent of my post... it's to speak sincerely, of positive and negative elements I've observed. alliantgroup is not perfect. What company is? I am, however, confident that unlike so many other firms, alliantgroup it committed to do whatever it takes to get there and will greatly reward those who make it happen.

I can't wrap this up with out speaking to posts I've read about people "being called out" on their mistakes, in front of others.

I've played team sports most of my life and find it much like being part of a company. Both strive to be the best, to capture the title. Both recruit the best talent they can get yet, not all of the talent makes the grade. There is always competition within the ranks and a quarterback is always more popular than a lineman.

As for "being called out" on a sports team... It happens daily. It's always, direct, personal, in your face and embarrassing, if not humiliating. Sometimes it means getting chewed out, sometimes push ups in front of our squad or running a couple laps while the rest of the group take a knee to watch. Like it or not, we do it. No whining, no complaining about the coach.

At alliantgroup critique is direct and yes, when in a group-meeting setting, it feels embarrassing. It's not a "you suck" approach but rather, "tell me why you chose that action" or "in retrospect what would you do differently." So it's an opportunity to learn and grow because when a mistake is discussed so are alternative approaches that can be taken to avoid those mistakes going forward. Doing so in a meeting also helps peers learn at the same time. That's why I suggested earlier, that employees needed a thick (mature) skin.

The fact is, alliantgroup is quite a remarkable company with a great track record of successful growth, employee development, unlimited upside and yes, with the aches and pains... but opportunities of an amazing company.

If I had the "right advice" I'd be a C-level manager and we'd be over these hurdles ;-)

We have rising stars on the horizon and those who shine brightly, today. I only hope they're not destined to a comets life, burning out and darkening our skies.

That said, I know top management is aware of the challenges balancing personal and professional lives... and are committed to helping us find that balance.

alliantgroup, LP Photos