alliantgroup, LP

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.2

Dhaval R. Jadav

Pros
  • They also entice people with free food and being able to wear jeans (in 14 reviews)

• I have never worked for a company where hard work was so often recognized and rewarded (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Management could be a lot better, high-turnover, no work-life balance (in 14 reviews)

• tax season with so many people leaving and too much work to distribute (in 26 reviews)

More Highlights

Amazing company!

Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Irvine, CA

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked at alliantgroup for over 6 years and I could not be happier with my position and compensation. I started as an Associate (without a tax background) and have been given the opportunity to work my way up and constantly learn/grow. This would not be possible without Senior Management regularly interacting with all employees and looking for talent they can develop. In many cases, they will see an individual with unique skills and create a position for them to succeed.

The culture of alliantgroup is what separates us from other consulting firms. We are always trying to improve and exceed expectations.

It is very satisfying to help small and medium sized companies. We are putting money back in the hands of business owners so they can reinvest in their companies and hire additional employees. As a company, our goal is job creation and turning our clients into raving fans.

Cons

I wish I started at alliantgroup right out of college! I wasted time at another company before finding alliantgroup.

I should have joined 5 years ago...

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethical-driven, professional and passionate culture; forward-thinking, progressive and evolving environment ; talented and intelligent co-workers who enhance professional growth; high value proposition for clients: fast-paced spirit and can-do mentality; results-driven, high-performance reward system; great benefits and work environment; open-door policy, our voices are heard.

Cons

It depends on who you are as a person. There are challenges here as there are with any other company....especially high-growth companies. At this time leaders and performers are needed. Ones who want to be the best and are not afraid to be challenged so that they are on an accelerated path toward that end. Our clients do not pay for average, but rather for our commitment to excellence. Although it's not always easy, when we get challenged along the way, it is in an effort to drive us forward - as individuals and as a company. At first, it was somewhat unnerving - but when you realize it is coming from an honest place, you understand the positive impact it has on all. Be the best in the world at something!

I truly believe I made the best decision of my life when I joined alliantgroup and wish I would have done so sooner. I have never seen such an opportunity to thrive both professionally and financially and am grateful for it.

Enhance the investment in management and leadership development; continue to have an open-door policy; continue to drive us to be the best.

Rewarding career for smart, driven performers

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

A talented group of professionals who share a passion for client service and a fun, rewarding work environment. Performance is frequently rewarded through bonuses and extra time off. Lunch catered daily. Those who show leadership ability are promoted quickly. Promotions are merit-driven and not based on tenure. Awesome new building with great views and an in-house gym (under construction).

Cons

Tax season hours can be intense due to commitment to client service and meeting project deadlines. However, dinner is catered daily and co-workers blow off steam with ping-pong, football, etc.

Project Manager

I worked at alliantgroup, LP

Pros

Decent money for a recent college grad, culture, nice office, 20% more or less it's up to you.

Cons

Can be political, hours during tax season and turnover.

Great place to start!

Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great money and great environment

Cons

The long hours and working weekends

Give more raises to those who deserve it. If one has to ask, management isn't doing their job.

Met some of my best friends... you know what they say, misery loves company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to work along side some of the most amazing people possible.
    I had a gained an unsurpassed amount of experience in the few years I worked there.
    Let me be very clear, I LOVED the people I worked with and my actual job. However, I value myself as a person and my health.

Cons

First of all, everything you read on here - it's true - regardless of what others tell you. There are some departments that are "easier", less abusive to work in. However, the challenges do not, ever, outweigh the pros. I know so many people that have been pushed to their breaking point and do not know how or where to turn.
    The "constructive" criticism that is provided is laughable at best. You truly cannot understand what it is like to work there until you do - which I hope you don't.
    The "transparency" is hilarious. They are absolutely transparent about who sucks, but if it is discussed, you are brought into a meeting and accused of not being with the culture. If you hang out with employees who are no longer there, while you still are, you are not with the culture. Being happy for someone that has been able to move on is absolutely unacceptable.
    The hours are unbearable - conference calls at all hours of the night because it's internal, therefore necessary that it be outside of "customer facing hours" - so if you want to see your family or friends, DON'T, you'll have to leave whatever you are doing to take a phone call at the drop of a hat.

There is truly no advice to provide. They know what needs to change and actively decide it is the employees, not the management.

Deceptive

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The interview process! They are desperate for employees, so this is when they put on a show. This is the only time you will have a positive outlook on the company. Wait until you begin working...

Cons

Instability/Turnover Rate:

The company has a 55-60% turnover rate – the strong talent leaves, and the low performers stay. One case will have multiple project managers who are no longer with the company, so clients have no idea who they are talking to or working with. Most people have been there less than one year, and everyone is looking for a new job.

“High Performance” with Low Reward:

You are publically ranked based on performance, constantly forced to do other’s work that you didn’t sign up for, and pushed to bill clients to the cap. There are promises of bonuses, but the directors find an excuse not to pay-out. If there is ever a pay-out, it goes to management. The “incentives” are simply empty promises.

Micromanagement

Get ready to have 5 different bosses (all juvenile and inexperienced) demanding information from you. You are always watched. You will be told what to say, how to say it, who to talk to you, and where to be. You are expected to be at every little event, even if it's after-hours. If you leave during lunch, you'll receive emails asking where you are. If you miss a work event, you will need a serious excuse. Forget freedom.

Be truthful during the interview process. The reality of the work environment is an exact opposite of what you advertise.

False and Misleading

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The marketing department does a great job at writing multiple 5-star reviews of the company and pretending to be employees who have been here long-term.

Cons

An overwhelming majority of the company (500 employees in Houston) have been here less than one year. The 60% turnover rate does not bother management because It is true churn and burn business model. It is easy to fill the shoes of those who left - THAT'S why no experience is required on the job postings!

The culture of the company is "high performance," but that really translates to TOXIC and ABUSIVE. You are publicly humiliated and ridiculed if your ranking falls low. You will be gossiped about. You will receive demanding emails at all hours of the night. You will be told to distance yourself from certain people. Morale is low because the good friends you make will leave within months. Turnover is so common that everyone discusses their job search. Only those with no experience stay, because they cannot get a job elsewhere. If you are smart and talented, you will be gone in the first year.

Learn to value your employees. They are all leaving.

Negative Work Environment

Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Irvine, CA

I worked at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best thing about having worked here was getting a title of "Director" for an administrative position

Cons

Cons: Negative work culture. Unprofessional management where they create an environment of cool kids and non-cool kids.

Get additional management training. Stop fostering the frat pack mentality.

Why on earth did I ever sign up for this abuse

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at alliantgroup, LP full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Covered parking when it's raining. And the privilege to waste the day away responding to congratulatory emails. Cattle call lunches by floor. Leaving each day realizing just how stupid people really are.

Cons

Millennial cult working conditions at its finest. Run by maniacal self-serving, gluttonous buffoon's favoring impressionable and inexperienced youth that most likely came from broken homes fostering low self-esteems. Fear and verbal abuse will be instilled into your daily regimen. Don't dare speak up, I watched them haul people out like criminals just for having a (valid) opinion. If you want to be abused ...you've found just the right place. If you are educated with any self respect ...then spare your dignity and keep away! This place could easily be the next ENRON disaster.

They won't listen! It would be easier to pick up a turd by the clean end.

alliantgroup, LP Photos